What is Veeky Forums's opinion on the Honda Fit?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on the Honda Fit?

First and second gen were good fun, albeit underpowered.
Third-gen was really refined and is quite nice on the inside, but it looks like a bloated tick now and is still underpowered.

More Civic than a Civic now, but stupidly proportioned and ugly. Practical and reliable probably.

if I ever needed a new shitbox, I would get a Fit.

Also: third-gen killed the fun.
It handles like shit now.

if this thing looked halfway decent i would get a brand new one

It's a perfectly fine compact for getting places
Don't expect anything more though

Got a 2nd gen that gets 33mpg and is fun to drive around town and commute with. Good amount of storage for a tiny car and reliable as fuck. Only problem is im sure i look like a turbo fag driving it especially since i live in an industrial part of texas and work in an area where everyone drives muh cummins

Pretty good as cheap and reliable cars go these days. Its either these or a Mitsubishi Mirage if you just want something to drive and not much else.

its like a yaris with the possibility of your transmission being a fucking lemon.

needs a type R version

Fucking CVT

My brother just got one. Looks decent enough and is surprisingly roomy, albeit a little cheap-feeling on the inside He's really happy with it though--he just wants something small and economical that he can use to get around the city.

The jazz variant in some parts in asia looks alot sleeker and better. I dont know why they would bulk it up, especially the front part for western market.

I sat in a 2018 Fit LX manual at a dealer about 3 weeks ago. Feels pretty solid for an economy car by my standards anyway. Interior is definitely a step up, only things that feel kinda cheap are the HVAC controls but their laid out well. Also the infotainment has the touch screen volume control with no knob. Everything should be going to the 2018 accord. Back row seats fold all the way down so there's a tons of space provided you don't need to transport more than yourself and a passenger. That being said I really like the legroom and space in the backseats.

I have a 2nd gen 2013 Fit EV on lease, handles pretty decently and can take corners at a good rate. Really easy to park. I'm guessing the power-train on the 2018 model isn't anything special from what I saw under the hood. If you care about driving the LX or Sport trim with manual (that metal shifter felt damn good) is probably the route I'd go, you won't be going that fast but at least you can hoon a bit and squeeze out everything you can. If you can deal with the CVT and want a car this size the higher trim options make the fit very comfy and a good daily as long as you don't feel cramped.

The problem is if you're looking at the low end economy cars for the base price of the Fit you could get a higher trim/optioned Rio, Versa, Fiesta (Ford's interiors need help), etc. The Toyota ia/Mazda 2 is also seriously worth looking into if you're gonna spend 16-20k but it's even worse on the performance side.

Fuck Yes

Crash protection?

If you care about having fun more than max space for smallest footprint, then the Fiesta ST is the only car to look at right now. RIDICULOUS discounts everywhere, especially if you look at 1-2 years old.

Need a mirage evo

Man do I hate that car with a passion. Next time I have to rent a car I'm using Turo.

Come on brah

You can get it in a manual.

I don't doubt Mitsubishi could make a respectable, let alone enjoyable automobile experience again but I don't see that happening.

I'd tell you exactly why I hated the Mirage hatchback but Doug Demuro already covered it for me.

HARD PLASTIC! QUIRKS!

Can we call it the turd gen now?

Yes. It is a victim of the same design philosophy that got us the 9th gen civic.

It was a great car until they started manufacturing it in Mexico