drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/#s=bbg

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzgGVT0Z__0&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boise

Iron Dragonslayer Set

In Dark Souls 1, does the Ring of Sun Princess basically do the same thing as Ring of the Sun's Firstborn?

so is that psndl link for demon's legit?

One is for offensive miracles, the other for heals

>like 1000 dmg manikin stunlock combo
At ds2 had poise so you didn't get stun locked unless you were shit

reposting because new thread

>unless you were shit
not everyone is a pro mlg dark souls elite player like (you)

By shit I meant no poise armour.

ds3 doesn't have poise

Sup y'all this is Marcus also known as Epicnamebro!
Are you guys hyped to see him beat Gael on Saturday?

I'm hyped for him killing Gael and SoC so he drops souls again and "y'all" fags can stop spamming every fucking thread

midir

I want to start ds3 again and I want to use an ultra greatsword, I would like to use either the Zweihander or the Astora Greatsword, in addition I would like to use the Flamberge
Do I need to go full STR build?I think the Astora GS have an high dex requierment but would it be useful if I infuse it with heavy?

I'm curious, do you have a body pillow of him aswell? Your obsession with him hints to yes.

I wanted to start the discussion about this in the last thread but it was almost dead so I wanted to wait for a fresh thread. Would you guys want to see the next Soulslike game take place in a very focused location like Dark Souls 1's Lordran or Bloodborne's Yharnam where most or all of the gameplay takes places place within different areas of a single full location versus DS2 / DeS / DS3 where you had multiple distinct but individually smaller locations?

While I admire DS2 trying to go from a focused area toward the direction of trying to capture the feeling of traveling a vast landscape, the individual areas themselves felt really tiny and in my opinion it detracted from the experience rather than added to it. The DLCs on the other hand felt like really well fleshed out locations. DS3 was a bit better than DS2 in this regard but even still I couldn't help but feel like the game world felt pretty incoherent at times and the transition from Farron Keep via Carthus to Irithyll was very jarring.

I really like this concept art btw, I think it captures the feeling Dark Souls 2 tried to capture but unfortunately kind of failed to execute in the actual game.

>invading depths as darkwraith cosplay
>tfw people actually let me hit my dark hand and steal their humanities
It's not that hard to avoid guys

WHAT BUILD SHOULD I MAKE FOR DS1/DS2

Large club, 40 str, 40 end, 40 vitality, pyromancy, giants armor with Havel ring and favor/protection ring. Gg you'll hit like a truck

Something magical, since DaS3 doesn't allow that shit.
Show Memezaki where he went wrong.

Already have one like that with Grant + PW

Nah, he will push Dark Souls 3 to NG+ and after DS3 he'll probably do more Dark Souls 1 again or maybe Demon's Souls/Scholar. He's still "burnt out" on Bloodborne so it'll be a while before we see that on stream.

No, I do not. I do not have any unhealthy interest in the dude and I am not gay. His streams are extremely comfy and I like him as a content creator, that's most of what there to it.
is to it.

Iron Flesh + Dark Bead and Black Flame.

>since DaS3 doesn't allow that shit

Being a pyromancer is great though

Pure Pyro early game was one of the worst experiences of my life.
Once I got CBV it was a bit better, but holy shit you do no damage until late game

Filthy swamp dweller.

Could you just stop spamming the thread with your unhealthy obsession? It's fine that you're in denial, but don't take it out on us.

>Pure Pyro early game was one of the worst experiences of my life

I fucking loved it. Great combustion(+iron flesh) is great. I fucking wrecked shit.

great combustion literally burns through bosses like a knife through butter

Maybe it was because I focussed on upgrading so many different stats at once, but I felt like I had very little HP the entire playthrough - at least way less than melee characters.
I couldn't tank shit lmao

Different areas that are loosely connected, with individual places you travel to.

It's what From is used to and gives them more freedom of development to make a more varied progression style, and that's what I care about. I don't want a really immersive world if it means you can only play that world one way like DS3 or BB, give me something like DeS or DS2 where you can decide for yourself which areas you want to go to and which areas you don't.

Two simply didn't work. The concept of crossing vast distances across an open countryside can;t carry over to compact, focused (and largely linear) dungeon-crawling and the uncomfortably stilted zone transitions in Two were simple a symptom of that. There's no good way around it without turning the game into something Open-world, which doesn't gel with the design behind any of the souls games.

Three tried to address this by giving an in-universe lore reason for disparate zones to be jammed together in stark, unnatural transitions, but that also gave the impression of distance being completely arbitrary and the length and content of a journey being meaningless. The structure made the gamey-ness of the concept stand out and made it too obvious the player was being railroaded towards a singular point of interest rather than organically traveling towards meaningful locations. There was no sense of discovery.

Bloobdborne's world design had its own wealth of problems but I've ranted enough in /bbg/ about them and the rest of the fanbase is utterly blind to criticism so I won't waste my breath.

DaS1 had the right approach in that it's world design and the way zones connected best utilized the level design's strengths instead of being at odds with them. I think in trying to grow the sense of scope and spectacle with each successive release, they've lost track of what their design philosophy excelled at, and that causes the games with larger, more talented art teams, better graphics and wider worlds to completely miss the grandeur conveyed to the player in simple moments like wandering into Darkroot for the first time and seeing some bushy twig-thing prance towards you through a narrow, overgrown cleft. It's the difference from choosing left instead of right without knowing what lies ahead, entering a new part of the world and stopping to wonder "where the hell am I?" vs following the clearly laid out path to the next area in the fixed sequence.

Exavil is up way further north than that, user. The satellite image for that mission briefing shows it on the shore of Great Slave Lake up by Yellowknife. It's definitely not on the Great Lakes.

Can you buff the Crescent Axe? It says so on the wiki, but since it's a twinkling weapon and has a small amount of divine damage, I'm thinking not.

you can buff everything untill the next patch

Excuse me?

>next patch
heh

I meant Dark Souls 1, sorry.

I am not obsessed nor in denial. I just like discussing when one of my favorite Soulsborne content creators is doing Souls related videos.

And I know that there are people here who also watch him and are interested in his content. I posted about Marcus in /bbg/ if they would be interested in seeing him and his sister tackle Bloodborne togetherENB wanted to trigger his sister into tears with the game since she cried at Oceiros but nobody in /bbg/ was interested in discussing him and his current content is not Bloodborne-relevant anyway so I dropped the subject there until he does BB again. When Marcus is streaming most of the time the guy who announces is not me, there are multiple people here who are interested in his take on Souls and especially TRC. If you don't like it, fine. Nobody is forcing you to. But I like discussing his content whenever it's thread-relevant with other like-minded people.

Whatever fuels your unhealthy obsession man.

>The concept of crossing vast distances across an open countryside can;t carry over to compact, focused (and largely linear) dungeon-crawling

They can in a mission-based game, like DeS. DS2 should have had better zone transitions or cut off the zones from each other story-wise, forcing you to warp between them.

>The structure made the gamey-ness of the concept stand out
That's because they wanted to make sure every player's (reviewer's) experience was the same, so they forced you to fight bosses to clear zones. Both DS1 and DS2, especially the early game, had a shocking number of areas you could access without killing any bosses, through just use of key items.

>DaS1 had the right approach in that it's world design
I agree, but I don't think that's how they should design games in the future. DS1 had a very clear and unique structure, elevator-style with two bells and a bunch of gates and keys letting you move up and down them. But the problem is that if you tried to replicate it, you'd end up creating literally DS1's world again. You can't make a "horizontal" world with those kind of shortcuts (that's how you get BB), and you can't create a vertical world without either making it a linear climb/descent or doing the two bells thing again.

They better patch that shit. Either that or just make it redundant by allowing everything to be buffed as is.

I know "autism" gets thrown around enough to the point of losing its punch but seriously dude, seek help.

>Can buff Dragonslayer Axe
Whoever thought this was okay should be shot.

i think they should just keep it as is, so that it remains a thing that you have to go out of your way for.

Ah, fuck, you're right. My burger brain read "great lake" and assumed it was the US great lakes.

It's an old image and doesn't even have half the locations on it (I haven't added BFF's antartica and south america locations, nor places in ACFA). I hate AC4's gameplay but it's good pretty great world design.

AC3's separate biomes in Layered is also top-tier world design too.

>complaining about DSA when Crux exists

I tend to pretend it doesn't exist, no way in hell that shit was supposed to be that way on release.

In DS1, you cannot buff it unless you abuse the tumblebuffing glitch.

I'm guessing it exists solely because they wanted the image of creighton buffing it before wrecking your shit, so they made it buffable for no other reason.

>Yellowfinger Heysel buffs her Pick
>You can't buff Heysel's Pick
Surely I look wrong all the time and she's just using Steady Chant, right? Riiiight?

>Blessed Weapon on BKGS
That'll be the day.

I never saw Heysel buff her pick, must be steady chant

I could swear I see her using Magic Weapon every fucking time, it always trigger me so fucking much.
I really hope I'm seeing wrong.

It's steady chant.
But it does boost her damage on the pick.
Same for us too.

>try out a new game
>initially hate it and end up dropping it
>come back a year or two later to give it another try
>think it's the best game ever

why does this always happen?

Games that don't worry about first impressions tend to focus on long-term replay value and good gameplay, so they often get underappreciated because players can't get into them.

Games that are designed for giving good first impressions are usually very shallow past the first few levels and they make you appreciate games that have better gameplay.

To normies, souls games are all like that. Iv'e had a lot of friends try dark souls and then drop it within 5 minutes because the input buffer, deadzones, and action queuing feels so wrong that they can't stand it, but then they come back a year or two later (without the peer pressure of "prepare to die lol") and realize it's not so bad and can now appreciate the effort put into the game.

Yep, I agree with you mostly on the Dark Souls 2 and 3 open world problems.

I would say though that Lothric High Wall+Castle worked really well as it's own "contained" section and I think that the world design of 3 would've been much better if they had done of the following :

The progression of the game would start from Cemetary of Ash but go into a different direction, with CoA having a path that leads you into the Road of Sacrifices and from there the game forking you either towards Irithyll+Profaned Capital or towards Farron Keep and Lothric. Cathedral of the Deep would be "optional" but if you don't get the key from there you will be forced to face a much tougher Pontiff beast as a boss when you go to Irithyll. Profaned Capital would be accessed from Demon Ruins / Smoldering Lake instead of Irithyll Dungeon. Oceiros is a Lord of Cinder instead of the living meme he is now.

Farron Mausoleum would be standing against the cliff on top of which Lothric resides and after Abyss Watchers you can enter Lothric Dungeon (essentially Irithyll Dungeon) but you travel up through the mountain instead of down). The entirety of Lothric will be an "end-game tiered area" but the kicker is that the darksign sky will appear after killing any two Lords and it will buff enemies in the remaining areas, causing stronger red eyes variants of enemies and extra spawns to appear. So essentially you get to decide a bit better where you go early but as a balancing element the final two lord areas will get harder.

I'd be more afraid of Blessed Weapon Hollowslayer. BKGS is still an Ultra, it's main disadvantage is how easy it is to roll.

>liking a Souls content creator's content in a Souls thread is now "autism" or "obsession"
Alrighty then

Nothing to do with liking a souls content creator, people post about Lobosjr at times, but they don't dig down in his personal life and spam about him 24/7 for no purpose.

You're seriously in a sick state of denial, you really should consider help as stated

>play through all 3 souls games again using a different playstyle
>Beat 1 as Giant Dad. No major problems outside Artorias.
>Beat SotFS as Hexer, no major problems outside of FUCKING SIR ALLONE WORST BOSS
>Play through 3 as Bowman, forced to go Strength/Dex halfway through at Aldrich/Yhorm/Dancer gauntlet

3 really pigeonholes you into that Str/Dex if you are trying to play it for the first time in awhile... The only bosses I could comfortably use a bow exclusively on and not be gimped compared to melee were Pontiff, Nameless and Greatwood.

This amount of preoccupation is. And you're using the same images as that dude who wrote the enbXsis fic and the spam about "giving enb a handy". I'd wager that you coincidentally use the same filenames too

what's crazy is that it was so much worse with the pigeonholing at launch.

Yeah what said.
The only way to go at all was quality.

At least now there is a bit more build diversity.

Not being able to infuse bows kinda sucks. Yeah, I know it might be a conscious attempt to make people use the different kinds of arrows more but it's still sucking penis compared to elemental bows of DS1 and 2.

>A bit more diversity
>Melee or bust
>Straightsword are still the cancer of the game
>Poise is still a giant fucking meme
>Only spells viable are pyromancy
Yeah, fuck off.

So be honest with me /dsg/ I have vanilla DaS2 and all the DLC, is there any reason to bother with SotFS?

>having problems with Alonne but not Raime, who literally eats Dark damage for breakfast
And Giant Dad is not a build, it's literally just a minmaxed two-handed melee build.

>Not a build
>Just a min/maxed two-handed melee build
Sort of makes it a build, but fuck if I know.

Scholar will probably have a lot more summons/invaders, if you don't care about that then there's no reason to buy it. Maybe if you bought it during the summer sale

Much more active online. New boss and NPC invasions. Runs better.

Not worth it unless you're okay spending an extra $15 and replaying from scratch for those things, and even then it's DEFINITELY not worth it at the full price of $40. So until the next sale, probably no point in buying it.

There was a free upgrade period that you missed out on.

Yes. Buy it on Steam during a sale for $10. Even if you don't care about the PvP, it makes a shitload of changes to the single player part of it.

Hey guys check out this thing I made for fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzgGVT0Z__0&t=2s

If you want online activity, yes.

>DS3
>pyro
>duels
>pvp montage

You clearly mean the reverse, right? Because SotFS is the one that's designed to run at 60 FPS on all platforms and adds a shitload of summons and invaders.

>any reason to bother with sotfs
Unless you consider those to be positive

Fume nig went down on first attempt. I dunno what you are talking about, Dark Hail and Orb chunked him. I almost never had to change off dark damage and when I did I was a very effective Pyromancer. .

That doesn't make your post any less false, regardless of your opinion of the game.

That was pretty boring to look at and I closed the video 2 minutes in. But I genuinely do hope you had fun making this.

this sounds so good it makes me even more pissed off

this isn't me.
I haven't played sotfs but I heard it has lower fps but more summons

this is literally all they needed to do

Lol, pretty much expected this reaction from Veeky Forums. But I had a ton of fun making it.

>play through all 3 souls games again using different playstyle
>Beat 1 with OP cookiecutter build
>Beat SotFS with OP cookiecutter build
>Play through 3 with a meme build and fail
not blaming you or anything, perhaps it was just a coincidence, but it sounds funny and biased.

The point is that the positive of sotfs is the relative negative of vanilla, in both cases it's reason to pick sotfs. is unorthodox but not wrong

It's not disliking for the sake of disliking. My attention span for these kind of videos is fucking short and your playstyle is kind of uninteresting to me.

it has much higher FPS, I can't imagine how you get lower FPS on SOTFS given that it runs on DX11 compared to DX9 and has the exact same graphics otherwise.

Then you heard wrong. Vanilla DaS2 on PC is a shitty dumbed down port that only runs at 30 FPS, while SotFS is optimized to run at 60 FPS. The only way SotFS would run worse on the same computer is if you have a literal toaster.

>5 games
>one has poise
>one has hybrid system between hyperarmor and poise
>three have hyperarmor
why would anyone expect ds3 to have ds1 poise when 2 games between them didn't have it?

DS1's Poise is the stability stat from Armored Core, and DS1 was an experiment at adding it into souls. DS2 and DS3 make much more sense for a melee game.

what's the point of the purging monument when velka does the same thing?

My playstyle? I used 4 different weapons and 4 different pyromancies. You only watched 2 minutes, so I really can't take your criticism as very valid under these conditions. You should check out the other matches then tell me how you feel.

You can revive Argo

velka can revive argo too

It's convenient to have it nearby or something
You can also do that at Velka's.

Not him but, You can revive Argo from Velka also.

I think the only reason the Purging Monument exists is to show players that they -can- revive Argo, since it's not intuitive that you would go all the way back to some shithole statue behind a locked door once you're already in the Ringed City. Otherwise 99% of players would never have discovered it.

glorious japanese coding

You can reset the Spear of the Church bossfight from that.
Also, I can't wait for ENB's reaction when he finds out the "Velka lore connection" that people hyped him up about in TRC is just that ass-ugly monument.