/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #190

NMS threadshitter fuck off edition.

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8 [embread]

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

"3.0 Is not late, nor is it early. It will come precisely when it means to." -Chris Roberts in a black turtleneck at nondescript studio location

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

ded thread

Weak shit. Let the thread die and some not retarded do it correctly.

imagine being so assblasted about people having fun

NMS has nothing in common with SC or E:D except that it is set in space. SC and E:D are both First person Space Combat, Trading, Transport and exploration sims. NMS is not. And beside that, this isn't "space sim general" this is E:D/SC general. You do not getto just tack shit on because you want other games thread to to float your lack of players. You said yourself, NMS doesn't have a playerbase, and you don;t get to just demand access to our space because you don't want to keep your own open. Thats nigger tier. This is a defined general, NMS is not part of the definition. If you want to make "space games no one plays" general go right ahead.

>Helium Rain comes out today

FUCK ELITE AND FUCK DAD PEOPLE

>our space
holy shit underage b&

nms is first person and has missions,trading,space combat and exploration edg/scg has always been open for space games that don't have their own general newfag
bake new bread matey

>it's a "plax and his boyfriend now play nms so everyone has to deal with their faggotry" episode

>download NMS because of all the shilling here
>start the game
>the first loading screen hangs up and goes on forever
>try two more times
>uninstall.exe

yeah I will pass on this marvel of videogame design

Gameplay and polishing aside, they haven't even finished the art assets for S42 yet.

The first loading screen on first launch is shader generation and takes way longer than normal. Mine took almnost 2 minutes the first time, but now it is only 10-15 seconds.

There's literally no reason to not include NMS in the OP.In fact it was before the release shitshow.

>pissing off a couple of furshits is not enough of a reason

>implying that your sunken cost fallacy means everyone else is a furry.
Yeah, ok

>sunken cost fallacy
What did he meme by this?

2 games for a general is already ass. NMSfags can fuck right off.

this tbqh

next epic fail here

>didn't put /nms/ or /nmsg/ in the title

>creating a duplicate general almost an hour late

how salty are you chum?

>nms fags on suicide watch

>desperately pushing for nms inclusion when all discussion of it will wither away in two weeks max

Literaly a labour of Sisyphus.

I wonder how many of these outposts they want to put on the moons.

Two, maybe three

S42 is NEVER COMING OUT!

WTF Space Roberts, I get that you are trying to do some cool shit, but wtf man... this is a single player story, and you still don't have your assets finished for a game that was supposed to be released last year, and the year before, and the year before.

Should we start a gofundme for all the poorfags that can't keep up with modern space games?
There is only 3, but that appears to be a stretch for some of them.

There's only two because SC doesn't exist and is only a vehicle for selling people pretty pictures that cost hundreds of dollars

Considering the scale I'd say they could get away with a lot of them without it feeling like they're overcroweded.

reminder that /ps4gen/ is literally /NMSG/ plus some weeb games

I'm just saying. It's not like ED or NMS is expensive. People have hundreds in jpegs but won't spend $20 to kill some time until croberts quits masturbating over his own greatness and releases a game.
How are people that butthurt when hello is trying harder than ftroop and cig combined?

Here's a thought user;
I'm playing something else entirely rather than forcing myself to stay within the same genre and play something shitty

>TFW I dont even have to tell the NMS fag to fuck off myself after making the thread, because other people do it for me.
Feels good man. No if only he'd get it into his head that the rest of the people here don't want to talk about his half assed failure of a space game and that his headcanon does not in fact define reality.

>edg/scg has always been open for space games that don't have their own general
Thats bullshit that you keep spewing, but repeating it doesn't make it true. This is not "whatever this faggot feel like talking about today" general. It's E:D/SC general. Games that are not E:D or SC do not belong here.

>newfag.
I've been lurking this thread since 2012. I've made at least a hundred of the threads personally. Half the Op everyone copy pastes was written by me. I'm probably not the oldest oldfag in this thread but I'm certainly close.

The was literally about two anti-NMSfags and they were new as fuck to the general. Take your shit thread down and go back to /v/. This general is dead enough as is.

Have they mentionned if the orbital truckstops will be ready for 3.0?

Repair/Refuel stops already exist though?

>the NMSfag

There were many, many people posting NMS you paranoid twat. And even those not playing it were interested in it.

Yeah but I'm talking about the more complex ones they were showing off in ATVs.

>literally shilling for NMS of all things
>mfw

I know Veeky Forums is a containment board but still.

Fuck it. CIG is delaying and lying as usual and Ftroop is about to kill ED for good, might as well let the thread die for good this time. No sense dragging NMS into a dead thread as well.

>>>/ps4g/

i promise they're even more desperate for your attention there. you can even discuss overwatch and other meme indie games while you're there

>calling Veeky Forums a containment board
>unironically uses "shill"

the /v/ermin invasion is real

It is indeed, hence the faggots talking about NMS in here

>many-many-many-many-many of us and only two of you

Nmsnigger is losing it.

fucking this holy shit.
NMS is a terrible excuse for a game and no amount of shilling will change that.

>cant afford.
Pic related, I don't spend money on shitty games, I spend money on things I either know to be good, or hope eventually will be good. NMS is just shitty coattail rider space game #28265, its whole schtick is being a half assed substitute to play because SC doesn't exist to blow it out of the water yet.

I have other games, that are not shit, to kill time on, I have work to do in real life to consume my hours as well. I play rising storm a lot, It is a good game and was worth the $22.50 I spent on it.
I refused to ever buy E:D because of the shittery in these very threads in the early days by E:D shills. I refused to buy NMS back when it was first funded because It was an obviously bandwagon jumper, I refused to buy it at launched because It sucked and there was no game. I refuse to buy it now because it still sucks and will never reach the point of not sucking. SC will be out before NMS is anything but a shit tier second rate game. Theres a hundred other games just like it in various settings, it's a phone game in the PC game world.

There are many many people telling you to fuck off dude, theres like at least 4 telling you to fuck off right now. Everytime you bring this up you get told to fuck off. Get the message. This is not where NMS belongs, you are attempting to hijack a thread because your topic cannot sustain its own, you have even said that yourself.

If you want an NMS thread, go make it, keep it bumped, maybe people will show, maybe not, If there are so many of you wanting it, what stops you from doing that?

Please stop posting NMS. The thread will die today.

>The team finished all pre-polish and optimization work on the exterior truck-stop pieces and have moved on to finish the interior. They are currently working on the main hub, based off concepts from art direction, developing additional pieces to add more character to the truck-stop, and completing a first pass on the side shops and corridors. Platinum Bay landing services is having its own building set made, so it looks more distinctive; and an Admin office has been created so players have a location to drop off mission related packages. The team blocked out an observation room facing the landings pads, so players can watch ships take off and land from the interior of the station.

From the June monthly report. Considering how long they've been working on the surface outposts it's probably gonna be a while until the stations are done. I wouldn't expect it for 3.0, but then again, that won't be out until like October so maybe Chris will delay the patch by a few more weeks to get them in there.

Yes please. If you faggots think your shilling is keeping this alive you're delusional.

Gamescom in a week, that round of bullshit and hype-kikery will keep us going for a couple months at least.

As I've said before if the E:D dads and the NMS shills wanna go make a thread to diddle each other in thats fine, but this is not that thread. And to be perfectly honest I don't think the E:D crowd wants you either so you're probably s.o.l there too.

Maybe you should just fuck off back to /v/ where you belong. Make NMS threads there and let the "trolls" and console children bump them for you.

Don't even say such things.

calm the fuck down chris

It's too late now.

>being this butthurt over what happens on a taiwanese curry recipe exchange.

>being this triggered by the sound of TOLD

kek
Or should I say Gek

>we want the old thread that died every other day.
Got it mate. Message received.

>being annoyed that someone is trying to shit up the only place on the entire internet where its still possible to talk about SC with people who both support the game and are critical of the kikery surrounding it where no one has the ability to silence anyone else for wrongthink.
You're damned right. This place is valuable even in its current state, because there is nowhere else. I don't want to see it get further diluted to the point where its no longer a useful forum.
SC and E:D are compatible roommates in a two bedroom apartment, and you're a third guy who neither of us knows or likes, trying to barge in the front door and demanding to sleep on our couch use our shower and eat our food becasue were all from the same town and thus are pretty much brother anyway.

With the current size of the moons/planets I'd be satisfied with one or two solar system to be honest.

Make it with a decent numbers of celestial bodies with enough features, space stations, satellites and bases and the content density will be much better than 100 meme systems with one small landing zone a half a dozen satellites.

>not having 18 quintillion planets

>discussions are diluted in a dead thread.
Logic is sound. Better keep everyone out. Can't have discussion keeping a thread up. Better to have an archive of 50 post threads where half the posts are bumps.
>I'm scared that if people talk about another game, that might alter my preconceptions.
The world is a scary place isn't it?

It's really not that people don't want to discuss nms, it's WHY people don't want to discuss it that is funny to me.

>shit up
You keep saying this yet there wasn't any NMS shitposting of the sort in the old thread. They were pretty chill, actually.
Maybe you just have Aspergers?

lmao

"Other game's accomplishments detract from my game's accomplishments." - this thread

"Lol let's just jumble all vaguely related games together in one super general to ensure no coherent discussion will ever be possible!"

t. NMSfag

>super general
Wew feller. That statement lacks some self awareness don't you think?

More like ''Other shitty game tries to worm it's way in a general it has no business being in''

Compared to how they're doing it now, having the engines on the hull series attached by some flimsy metal bars looks pretty stupid.

It's a small genre; a "super general" is going to be no different from the occasional user discussing X3 is this thread.
Calm down and quit typing like a /v/ermin.

let kill this retarded op desu
>no new info on 2.4 beta
>embed embed
>However these games are not the topic of this thread.

adding topics to a conversation shits up the conversation.
This conversation is about SC and E:D, its will be more complicated to talk about SC and E:D if we also have to sift out the posts of another game. This is already an occasional issue with just two games, conversation get derailed now and then because someone thought the current topic was the other game and responded accordingly. Three games would make this happen a lot more, and the extra information needed to prevent this would complicate posting. This is literal my Veeky Forums exists.

>I'm scared that if people talk about another game, that might alter my preconceptions.
"I want to shill my game in your thread"

>discussions are diluted in a dead thread.
>Logic is sound. Better keep everyone out. Can't have discussion keeping a thread up. Better to have an archive of 50 post threads where half the posts are bumps.
Better a dead thread with a concise topic than a live thread with no focus or rules.

And again, what stops you from making NMSG? why is it so important that you be attached to E:D/SC? It is because like a leech, you will die if not attached to something.

>It is because like a leech, you will die if not attached to something.

Oh boy. I'm having Veeky Forums vs. quests flashbacks.

>nmsg can't survive on its own
same for edg/scg and the three games have a lot in common but you can keep pretending otherwise

>complaining about a dead genre being crowded
>calls other people "shills" for a 30 man company with a tarnished reputation
This has always been the bastard child of /spacegen/ and your blatant newness will not change that.
agreed

I don't play E:D at all, if you want E:D updates make the new threads and add them, I have no idea what is going on in E:D land.

>embed.
Mabe next time I'll remember to fix it, maybe I won't if you make the new thread when this one limits or dies, You're free to fix it yourself. General was past bump limit so I just threw a new Op together.

The is the 75th post. There have been 50 NMS related posts.
The OP is inaccurate. This is a NMS thread.

both of you faggots spammed duplicate threads now i can't do shit

Calm down and let go, Plax.

You left out the part where 75 percent of NMS posts are autistic screeching about a game being discussed. Detractors are talking about the game more than the people who like it.

Let's merge with EVE Online general instead.

>15 unique ids
>majority are detractor(s)
Loud minority confirmed

Small minded people will hang themselves if you give them enough rope. A little bait and they made this the /nmsg/ by volume. The people playing the game didn't have to do shit.

>comparing 3rd person mmorpg to no man's sky a first person space sim

I did not "spam a duplicate thread"
The thread was over I checked if a new general was being made and it wasn't, so I made one.
Sit on and rotate you salty faggot. And while you're spinning reflect on the fact that the world does not exist to fulfill your desires. No one here wants to talk about that shitty game and we sure as hell don't want to sanction your shilling it.

Posts telling you to fuck yourself do not count.
Posts talking about NMS directly are off topic.
The conversation is happening becasue you are forcing it to happen because you are the sort of faggot who takes lack of resistance as approval, so if you suggest a thing and no one shouts it down you assume approval and start posting your shill posts.

>i was just pretending.
>btw I am so enlightened and euphoric that I rused you.

>this much butt blastedness
What do you think is going to happen anons? Two games is clear discussion, but three games becomes an undecipherable mess?
comethefuckon.jpg

Just stop replying to the autist and somebody make a new thread that isn't shitpost b8

Every topic added reduces the coherence of conversation
There are reasons to not include it.
There are no reasons to include it.
Nothing is gained, but there is a cost.

So we don't do it. Just because you want a thing doesn't mean you get it. You are throwing a tantrum and refuse to accept rejection and drop the idea. You are forcing a running argument because you think if you argue long enough the other side will tire of the conflict and give you what you want.
That is some childish bullshit user.

Can't we fuck off star citizen as well? It's a glorified tech demo with barely any gameplay and won't be out for at least another 5 years.

>throwing a tantrum

might want to look at your own behavior before calling others childish, bro.

I'm honestly surprised people even have faith left in Star Citizen anymore.

I've got faith that it'll be done. Eventually. At this point, it's too big to fail.

Whether or not it'll look anything like what's being promised, to say nothing of what's being theory crafted, ehhhhhh.

>Every topic added reduces the coherence of conversation
Until there is no conversation because this thread is about 2 dead games.
>There are reasons to not include it.
Poorfags are poor and hate that other people are having fun. It's ok to be broke. Happens to all of us.
>There are no reasons to include it.
Except that the thread is not self sustaining, and won't be for quite some time.
>Nothing is gained, but there is a cost.
Something is gained though. We have a thread. Which is more than SC or ED could ever expect even in the same thread together.

Don't play the game, idgaf. But don't act like SC and ED are good enough to sustain a thread, because the last 2 months disagree with you.

>At this point, it's too big to fail

user...

If E:Dg wants to make their own thread thats totally fine.

The question isn't whether it will be completed, they certainly hired enough talent to do so. I do wonder if the community is burned out by the time it releases though and the "oh, it's the game that took X years while selling digital spaceships" reputation might prevent people from buying it then.

I heard SC had a cult-like following but jesus christ.
inb4 E:D is suddenly "problematic"

As in, there's too much invested in them to say "Well, we fucked up and can't deliver. Star Citizen is canceled forever"

Because that's totally never happened with a crowd-funded game before. Elite has proven that deadlines can easily be made. Even Sean fucking Murray fixed his game.
>too much invested
And that's what I'm worried about. All it takes is one filing for bankruptcy for everything SC related died. Maybe Chris will at least pull a Tim Schafer and give the source code before telling everybody to fuck off.

It wouldn't surprise me if amazon gave them whatever funding they needed in exchange for the engine modifications they developed, considering that it's pretty much *the* lumberyard game.