G-class Benz

What does Veeky Forums think of G wagons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VjsB42uWcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amazing off road vehicle that has been turned into a status mobile for rich retards that drive on the street,

Is it viable to buy a used one if you're not rich and don't know how to do any repairs? I imagine repairs would cost an arm and a leg...

It's been designed to be just that, not turned into.

ive always loved them, too bad theyre associated with faggotry these days

>over 500 horsepower
>not designed for performance

cars for rappers and drug dealers, no wonder they're called "G" wagons

nigger bait

mad

eurofag version of hummer

It's a 90s car that refuses to die, and I like it for that
Bit too expensive for me though

the G class has been in production since 1979

the AMG badge is like the colorful patch shit on a military jacket

its to peacock to the others in the room that "im the big cock here"

*i honestly dont think a vehicle the height of the empire state on solid diffs is meant for carving corners

Just get a landcruiser or LX series if you're ever actually gonna go off road.

One of the ugliest rich people cars ever

you're still a woman
stop posting this thread

from offroad behemoth that could survive by canibalizing parts from another cars in africa to stacy mobile

Badgewhore mall crawler for insecure morons and trophy wives

Best vehicle choice for the Russian mafia.

Its from the model name Gelandewagen which is German for "cross-country vehicle" aka off-road/4x4 however you like to say it. Its also the name of the class they are in like all other Mercedeses

Actually that’s the blacked out s class you’re thinking of, g class is wannabe tier

They haven’t changed the design in 40 years and are the Pinnacle of Prestige?

Terrain vehicle literally

My country's buying a ton of these for the Army to replace the old Land Rover Defenders, are they any good off road? Will it be an improvement?

They’re very good offroad cars, it’s just that people outside of the military never ever use them for this purpose

get a 5 cylinder diesel if you want reliability. Genuine parts will be much more expensive compared to 70, y61 or defender.
Best engine was probably the original sohc m113 5 and 5.4.
I own a g55k with a gypsy facelift and it's the most reliabile car I've ever owned. Cost of insurance, fuel, oil and tires is pretty high.
There are a couple of problems, but nothing scary.
Best sound, max comfy. No better feeling like driving to uncle's country house through snow covered roads and steppes in your gwagen with friends and girls, trunk full of alco and food, towing 3 snowmobiles.

you are thinking of w140

I bought one of the first g55k imported into the country. Belonged to some businessman's bodyguard who sold it for cheap to friends of family when fleeing the country. I bought the car from them. So third owner here.

youtube.com/watch?v=2VjsB42uWcM

The neighbors to my grandma have this old (90s?) G wagon that has sat in their driveway for as long as I can remember. Should I ask about it?

yeah, i' kill for a 2 door 90s amg

small.

i like them, the only one i see around me is drove by some indian girl in her 20's. it's all black and has never saw offroad from the looks of it

Why would you buy one? Serious question. It’s Range Rover syndrome where they’re far too expensive to actually off road even though they were designed with that in mind. The only reason I can think of to buy one would be as a status symbol. They ride like crap as well compared to a Range Rover or really any high tier luxury sedan.

They come with 20 inch wheels. No one will lever offroad them

>4.1L 4-cylinder

>Range Rover syndrome
That's exactly it but you've got the problem wrong.

They're capable offroad vehicles, so they command a premium and people buy them because they see the high price tag and think it'll be cool to show off. It's the same deal with the Wrangler and the Rubicon. 9/10 people who drive them don't know what makes it cost so much more over the standard JK and soon to be JL

the military spec one is good
the rich yuppie one is shit

p kool
if i was rich id have one but id definitely mod it to look more like a white people car, probably some offroady shit and anime stickers

It's just fashion.
Like those idiots who wear Canada goose parkas when it's 40 degrees.

I think they're handsome as hell. it's interesting to see the resurgence in meme-dom for them though. they were a popular meme truck like 10 years ago...then died off...but last 2-3 years they've became crazy trendy again. because of the Kardashian niggers I guess?

Best G coming through

Was the driver of one of these in the Danish army. It was a piece of crap, would get stuck in anything.

its so fucking ugly

No its not, im not trying to defend it as a viable offroad vehicle because it costs way too much and you can get something way better if you do the mods yourself but as far as luxury 4x4s go its probably the best.

I remember when we swapped the Iltis for the G-Wagen. Personally, I preferred the Iltis. GW armor isn’t worth shit, and the Iltis was better off-road. The GW is more comfy, though not by much.
>Tfw I see they’re getting the new TAC-Vs now, looks so nice.

THEY EVEN HAD THE 5CYL DIESEL IN IT.

so i heard the drivers suck, didn't know the truth since i never saw one irl. then the other day, Saturday to be exact, i saw one. or at least i thought i did and when i sped up to see if i was correct, he just kept pushing and rode some dudes ass, then cut someone off (threading the needle). literally the worst driving ive seen so far.

Whatever you think about it, the sound of the exhaust is god tier.

And the sound of closing the door, it's like a bank vault. And the sound of the locks, it's like a gun shot.

W463 started in 1990, he's kinda right

they can be rad but they are usually just Ritchie Rich shit
it fits in a Sikorsky CH-53

Should come standard with 6 wheels

the 2019 redesign has real cup molded holders instead of pic related. Is this an improvement?

I regret not getting a 4x4 squared last year

huge soy

Ugly and fat Lada Niva