Genesis G70

Preorders are open. Why haven't you reserved one?

NIGGA IM POOR

So am I, gonna wait for it to depreciate like a crack whore in a few years and buy it CPO using financing depending on how good the rate is

>buying a Hyundai

>preordering a car

It has the exact same pedals as my 13 Gen Coupe

This ain't your rapist uncle's Hyundai

ok mr marketer, why should people preorder or even think about buying one

$32k
2.0T 252 hp
Manual and RWD

Seem like a great car in it's base form.

Accord 2.0t starts at $30k
320i starts at $35k

Don't forget Brembo brakes and a limited slip differential
It also comes with a lot of features standard, like lane keep assist and radar guided cruise control and 360 cameras

I didn't know there were Walgreens in Mexico.

LOL my Porsche pedals are out of a VW

Manual? The news sources I'm looking at say it has an 8 speed auto with "manual mode" (Paddle shifters or something)

Fuck. Imagine how much weight 360 cameras add to the car.

Like a whole 200 grams. Fucking pigfat

6 speed manual with the 2L turbo only

Please be memeing

That looks exactly like something that a rapist would drive.

Have experience?

oh ok, news sources say only the US will get the manual 2.0T according to car and driver. What confused me was wikipedia and other news sites saying it was auto only.
If Car and Driver are to be believed, Genesis USA specifically requested a manual version for the US market, which is weird considering its the hardest market to sell a manual car let alone a kinda-sorta luxury sporty sedan with manual

A used to work at a BMW dealer and about 25% of the 3 series we sold were still manual.

Mexicans and Middle Eastern people like them.

How related is it to the stinger and if it is why can't I get a stinger with a manual 2.0 turbo?

You bring up a good point, why does the kia get stuck with the auto and the genesis get the manual

Americans still like sports sedans with manuals, and the G70 is cheap enough for younger buyers

Because Genesis wanted it that way and the company is run by the former head of BMW's M division

Why should I expect it to be any better or different than the stinger aside from the hatch?
I don't see much reason to gamble on a first year gook car model when the market already has things like used 3-series, G37s/Q50s, SS's and all those other competitors with slightly better names and reputations.

>comparing New cars to used cars
Literally made by the guy that made old M3s

so it seems like the Stingerposter found a new bait

It's smaller and lighter. It was designed by the dude who made the E36 M3. It has a way nicer interior too if you care about that.

And its as cheap as an Accord.

Not as pigfat and has a better interior

Better designed interior or less rattle-y interior?
Even if Biermann designed it, I don't trust the Korean build quality to keep up.

because its ugly as shit lmao

Better designed, and if the G80 is anything to go by less rattlely too

Gook shit or not, it's one of the best looking cars out there. Styled by the guys who styled Audis, Bentleys, and Lamborghinis

nice kia

Literally on their web site

can't tell if audi, kia, ford, bmw, or hyundai

Thats wrx prices, and the wrx has more hp, awd, is lighter, faster in a straight line, faster around hairpins, faster on a track, and performs better in shitty weather.

It's also an understeering rattlebox

subaru fags are cancerous

Where's the price?

WRXs are shit dailies

Stinger's more of a heavy cruiser, the G70 is lighter, smaller and has stiffer/more handling-oriented suspension.

Why would I buy gook shit when I can buy a CPO Lexus for the same price or less?

Lexus isn't gook shit? Anything Asian is gook shit on Veeky Forums

nice Audi/BMW

designed and engineered by ex-Audi and BMW people so you're not far off

When did all car designers go blind, that's right up with the new Lexus range in terms of sheer hit every branch when filling out of the ugly tree eye pain.

It looks great though

This doesn't

It looks like an Infiniti missing a chromosome.

Infinitis themselves look like they're high on chromosomes without any help

It's the best looking car in its class

KDM is the new JDM

JUST MAKE A G60 ALREADY GENESIS, FUCK...

It's already as cheap as a similarly optioned Accord

I think the point is to make it a smol 2-door.

>2 door v6 rwd Genesis with manual at Accord prices
I might be willing to put up with gookshit at that point.

AND PUT THE FUCKING TAU V8 IN IT

>radar guided cruise control
The fuck is that?

Lmao nigga you hit all the cones

Automatically matches speed to the car in front of you and maintains a set following distance. Not sure if the Hyundai one can bring the car to a stop but a lot of them can. Good for driving drunk

Oh alright. I usually call that adaptive cruise control, when you said radar I thought it was the feature that displays the local speed limit somewhere and maybe somehow increases or decreases speed to just that.

Nah but that's a good idea, I dont know of any cars with traffic sign recognition that tie it in to cruise control

>Wasting your money on an objectively trash product

Wew, maybe all the gook shilling on here actually memed some faggot into buying one of these rolling pieces of trash

New Mazdas can stop themselves, I'm sure a Genesis can too

Not that great of an idea. Sometimes my Mazda would read the wrong sign and would think a 10 ton limit on a bridge is 10kmh

It's almost like they need room for all the cars they make or something

The automatic braking collision assistance shit is becoming a required feature so everyone is including it. Most of these electronic safety equipment is slated to become mandated equipment within a couple years. Just like blind spot monitoring and back up cameras have become standard.

Not sure how a picture of cars on the factory lot is helping your argument dumbass
You should have taken a screenshot of that one worker at the Hyundai factory's post about old model cars sitting on the lot because of Hyundai not wanting to sell them cheap and devaluing their new cars

this is hot

Because this has a manual transmission you mong....

Also this is probably more fun to drive.

The stuff is getting cheaper and cheaper to implement, economies of scale

I thought that picture actually was of the lot the Hyundai guy was talking about.

Not like it needed any help in dying, but this kills the acura sedan

I honestly dont know what the hell Acura/Honda was thinking with their ILX and TL

They were thinking they could sell last gen Civics and Accords as luxury cars on their brand name alone

I have an ILX - I like it and at the time that I leased it the car was more than just a civic. But now it isn't because the new gen of civics took a lot from the ILX. Lease is up this year. Won't be getting another.

Acura is basically a non-brand by this point, alongside Infiniti.

Rest in pieces

They make pretty popular cross overs, don't see many of their sedans around.

Correct, their SUVs still do quite well.

I wouldn't count Infiniti out. Their Q50s are very popular and they make good engines. Now if only they would slap that VQ plus turbo in the 370Z

In my experience people just bought Lexus RX 350's than the Acura crossovers if they had a choice

Infiniti's fully computerized steering-by-wire is a complete memery though

Acura seems to be the soccer mom SUV of choice

In my place soccer moms just get the Lexus Darth Vader crossover

Any news on if/when the genesis coupe will be reintroduced back into Hyundai/genesis' lineup? And what it will be if it is? I think I remember hearing talk of them dumping a V8 into the range topper for it

People for a little while were thinking maybe the G70 would be the new Coupe, but thats clearly not the case. I don't know if they have a true sport coupe in the works. I seems the Genesis line will be luxury and luxury grand touring cars primarily.

they got the M guy to make boring lexus knockoffs?

No way

Isn't the steer by wire optional now?

Didn't know that. A good news for now; steering-by-wire will probably be in every car in the future though, just like all by-wire features

The G80 Sport is actually pretty damn fun

Coupes would sell even less and they're already gonna have a hard time selling cars

Not as ugly as a Lexus

>pigfat car designed by pigfat car designer

What's your definition of pigfat?

>truck blows by
>gust of wind knocks car halfway out of its lane
>road noise is deafening
There's a reason why S Classes weigh over 5000lbs

>truck passes my 2100 lb rocketship
not likely
>road noise
this thing called rolling up your window
>5000 lbs
that's why s classes are shit

Thought this was an Infiniti q50

Found the dumb teenager who just got his license

>The E36 is pigfat

>3,175 on the low end
>not pigfat

>3,175 is heavy for an I6 RWD four door sedan

Are you a Miata fanboy or some trash like that?

it's heavy for all the reasons you just listed what don't you get