/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Monster meet and greet edition, with special guest director Jim Henson

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Gameplay 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=TrZSAKS7NFI
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rBbhFRaFRA
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhxx-save-editor.481210/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Monster Hunter World the Dauntless of Monster Hunter games?

man i want more of than toad wyvern

I love my new friend

Dragon's Dogma may be dead, but I plan to fill that void by buying a Dauntless founder's pack. It's a great game. I believe you all may derive much pleasure from checking it out. And possibly, buying a founder's pack.

what toad wyvern?

Samefag

See you in the Ingle Isle!

What do you think that tounge feels like? What if I naked hunting and it licks me all over?

You forgot to state the prices, friend.

That's Gypceros with feathers and a tongue, even the tail is the same.

Welcome to the new generation, enjoy your next 5 or so years.

>paying $80 for a game that wish it was a better game

20 dollar saving is really good. I'm really thinking about getting it now. Thanks for showing me this.

Half-dead you mean

Welcome to Monster Hunter games?

Hope he steals items

it was never 99.99. it's been marked out like that since day 1

Gypceros is just a Kut-Ku that spits poison

A little marketing tip for you.
If you feel like you're selling something for too high a price, pretend to others that you were going to sell it for more. Then you get people who think like this.

Reminder that all namedropping niggers are either butthurt fags or jealous mentally trannies, and you can go play a few quests with the namedropped people to realize they're not bad players at all.

>wake up
>barroth
holy shit yes, all I need now is yamatsukami and its perfect, also was that a lao or I'm getting blind?

looks way bigger than a Lao
You can compare it to the size of the ballista in the first shot it shows up in

I agree I love Aria! She's a very good chasseur!

What's the purple effect coming from the weapon? New element or just lightning?

It's Gregory the Volcanic Crag Dragon

G O G
O O
G O G

Gog is smaller than Lao

God I miss her.

Can I get a quick recap of the everything we got?

There was barroth
Boulder kutku
Feather Chammy
Diablos
Mud lavasioth
And in-game weapon trees

Also possibly new flagship. Am I missing anything else?

>In game weapon trees

I'll kind of miss Ping's Dex.
Who am I kidding? Comparing weapons on Ping's Dex will be way easier than scrolling through the list in game. It does mean less visits to the Dex though. Once I figure out what weapon to go for I won't have to keep glancing back to make sure I'm in the right tree.

what if they make the diary usefull by adding all weapons there? with filtering options by type, shapness, element, etc...
or I'm getting my hopes way too high?

Would monster hunter really be better on PC?

Absolutely not. It just wouldn't feel the same!

Yes, anyone buying World on PS4/XBO(except One X maybe) is a fucking moron.

If the pc community wasn't a thing.

Yeah

+ mods
+ higher res/stable framerate
+ Probably can run at higher framerate

- cheaters
- need to have a strong will to not cheat items in
- there's always the possibility of a shitty port

thats definetly this gen elder, some kind of lao/miralis combo, maybe with some of gog in too

Yeah, I think you're getting your hopes too high. It would be way nice but.. I don't know. I don't really have a concrete reason to say "It won't happen" but it just doesn't seem like something that would happen.

Fingers crossed, though.

Also another thing about Ping's Dex that's super nice is you can just click on a part used to build the weapon and it'll tell you all the rolls you can get to find it so unless the game outright assimilates Ping's Dex there will always be a use for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rBbhFRaFRA

bet my ass the framerate is going to be capped
and for the cons I will just blacklist cheaters like before, but capcom will always be capcom, the port will be shit and need some mod to fix it because they never will

>11 and 17 minutes for two 2 minute trailers
Fucking Arekkz

>buying an xbox one x
>not a moron
Finna kek

Dragon's Dogma was uncapped and this is using the same engine.

and he pumps this shit out, too. Two videos today after both trailers were dropped

So what are they going to show at TGS?

what if they add it but they have a
>if you dont have the key mat for it you will only see ????? for the name and stats
its a good middle ground without going full in game spoiler dex

>Boulder kutku
this one was adorable, I love it and its boulder fumbling antics already.

>unless the game outright assimilates Ping's Dex

Jesus, can you imagine the shitstorm that would create if that happened? If walking while drinking potions created the diarrhea hurricane that it did could you imagine the fallout that would ensue if a part directory was added in game?

That's because walking potions are awful, they were shit in DS2, they will be shit in World.

Only - #3 is valid. Cheaters are a serious problem on every platform but mostly on Nintendo and Sony platforms, they're typically less of an issue on both XBox and PC. People think it's easier to cheat on PC but it really isn't, unless you're the one making cheat software yourself in all cases it's simply a matter of waiting for someone to produce the software to cheat.

>shilling capcom shill videos

walking potions are still bad, but since the effect can be stopped if you get him, I'm at some degree of peace with it
and I can live with something like this

it's a breakdown of a trailer. Capcom doesn't even know he exists

Cat monster when
No,narga doesnt count.

>Narga
>Cat

Nargacuga is an owl with wings, fool.

yes it does, you even have 2

Barioth?

Why does Gaijin's 4U MH in his videos look better than mine?

>an owl with wings
that's just an owl, they are a FLYING mammal

either because he's playing with the 3d slider opposite the position you have it in so his image is either sharper or smoother, or because there's a filter applied to his videos to make them upscale better

wait I forgot option #3 which is really likely, which is that your N3DSXL has a twisted nematic screen, which looks like fuzzy washed out garbage exacerbated by the very low resolution for the screen size. Some have TN, some have IPS.

>that's just an owl, they are a FLYING mammal

>le owls are not bird maymay

>that's just an owl, they are a FLYING mammal

FINE. Nargacuga is like a bat with wings.

>FINE. Nargacuga is like a bat with wings.
like bats don't have wings?

better

Like, that's why he said WITH wings, man. It's like, not a normal bat.

>normal bats don't have wings

the newfags are everywhere

Dragon's Dogma, DMC4, and RE7 were all incredible ports. DMC4 was arguably the greatest PC port of all time.

Stop replying

I love this guy's design a lot

>new trailer
What did you expect? Imagine mhg when world is released.

It'll be great. Inject some new blood, rather than the same 10 jaded dudes.

a few hours ago an english save editor for XX was released, so far it seems to work flawless with xx-native saves but something gets fucked up uf you transfered a save from Gen>X>XX gbatemp.net/threads/release-mhxx-save-editor.481210/

al long as everyone refuses to spoonfeed really stupid questions we will go back to normal in nothing, newfags will always stay in the place where they get answers, let reddit/facebook groups keep them

>all the ps4 dudebros from /v/
Send help

>nobody is complaining about showing the weapon's tree

i'm disappointed

So you would rather people look up shit on another website all the time?

>kurupeco's chance of returning are getting higher and higher

If they announce Barroth, Zinogre and Narga, this will be the best MH ever.

>newfags will always stay in the place where they get answers
this, don't go "newfags get out reee" like a retard but don't reply to them either

It's just a QoL change dude chill

Barroth's already in unless you meant my nigga BARIOTH

i have a vore fetish

>running potions
Nope, it'll never top 4U thanks to this one flaw.

why the fuck would we complain about that?

Also, if you look closely at the trailer, the tree is just ??? until you make that weapon at least once, so all we're really seeing is how long the trees are and we'll still need Kiranico to know what to build into

>nobody complained about holding A to gather multiple times when X came out

i'm disappointed

Yes that is what I meant!

Nah, I dont think that's that bad of an idea given how much more aggressive the AI seems.

We've yet to even see higher difficulty hunts with the new engine

you mean 3u right? all you niggers complaining about it should have complained about mounting spam in 4, that is the biggest cancer, at least potions are interruptible so its not ds3 tier and you walk slowly

>should have complained about mounting spam in 4
We did
>you walk slowly
You can spend stamina to run during it

That's the problem, it's not fixing anything if pre-world healing is faster. We never needed to move to heal, nor did we need gradual healing.

>>You can spend stamina to run during
straight up false
provide a source or fuck off

Lmao we have known this for ages you turbo nigger, just watch some of the gameplay videos, I ain't digging through hours of that just for one clip again.

You mean, the same mount spam that was dangerous and counterproductive once you reached G rank?

We've known that you can walk while healing.
Not a SINGLE piece of video, interview, twitter post or statement says or implies that you can sprint during heals.
Go fuck yourself you fucking faggot.

Just go back to the /v/ shitposting thread you came from, I'm sure a webm is posted there if you're right

Whatever stay in denial faggot, enjoy your surprise on launch lmao

It reveals the weapon once you've fought the monster. So you still get more information than before.

I remember complaining about it and getting shitposted with
>fuck off grampa, its not going away
what? there were a lot of groups just ganging monsters with sincronized mount spamming in G rank even if it made quest take a little longer because it was safe

Will I need a japanese Nintendo account to download dlc for MHXX?