/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>civic si edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>user's 0-60
youtu.be/995hQeK4LHE

>Corolla Head unit install
youtube.com/watch?v=a9nSWurD_EU

>user's civic
youtube.com/watch?v=h8ci8OcGK2Q&feature=youtu.be

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM

>lewd v8
youtube.com/watch?v=c3VX25BonK4

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9eCtoCxqc
1320performancestore.com/header honda acura/1320 D series UEL header
webmshare.com/Bjy9W
webmshare.com/yNodb
rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=42200SX8008
boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/2001-acura-integra/6488555897.html
youtu.be/54TtXn2XKHM
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-civic-ex/6494228723.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YVS7IIz7hbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

went to try test starting my car and realized I misplaced the fuel rail fuel dampener. Gonna hit the junkyard tomorrow to get another. In the meantime I decided to do a little thermal management on my vac lines and drain line. The gap under the turbo mounting nuts are where the NordLoc washers are.

4th gen Prelude a cute

2013 Accord Coupe EX 6-speed
111k miles
$8800

Should I?

They're $7k-11k
It has too much miles for the year imo.
You can easily bring that price down to 8.6k

For the broken hearted,
whose cars aint startin
for the loves we've lost
faded paint and rust

3g>>>>g

Brio is a cute too, maybe I'll get one if the civic ever dies Kek

Yeah 8800 is asking price, so I would definitely try to get down to at least 8500. It is a shitload of miles for the year, but it's the only way i can afford a 9th gen. Ain't these bitches supposed to go to 300k anyways?

Safety regulations have gone too far

Yeah, every new car is a bean on wheels

oh fuck
last gen was better

my new blast pipes

i welcome all criticism, including towards my shit fitment

NorCal is great for this.
I got followed to the gas station a month back
>Hey! You want CRX for $250? blown engine good trans; can't find trans so want to get rid of
>>has trans and spare engine

Otherway around, good engine, bad trans.

I'm all for breaking the meta, but they're on the cringe side of JDM culture, IMO.
For example, this dork. Asked me why I bothered with a hardtop and leapt into his autotragic miat and one-wheel wondered out of the lot.

Honda related, but I found out my Civic (2009 Ex-L sedan) uses McPherson struts up front and miulti-link rear suspension. Honestly would have figured they'd cheap out and go with torsion beam like other manufacturers were doing at the time my car was made.

Nice surprise.

yeah i got them ironically to be a screwball, however i unironically enjoy the way they sound, especially for a 1.5L 4 banger

>imports are like tampons, every pussy has one

top kek

To each their own, personal happiness is usually never subject to peer scrutiny. Unless you're that kinda person that cares.

i drove with two toppers tonight. Coworker threw it on my roof so I said fuck it and left it on.

that's some kawaii shit nigga

They will at the very least go up to 200k miles

What song did you base that off?

Fitment is fine but camber and exhaust tips arent for me. Stickers too.
7/10

>1320performance made an unequal length header that makes a D series sounds like a Subaru

Kinda want. Really curious how it would sound combined with the Yonaka. I bet much deeper.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9eCtoCxqc

literally everything about this that isn't stock is super cringe

Kek someone could make T H O U S AN D S if they started making those here

I'm seriously considering buying it. They state it gives a 5hp increase over stock but it's not as much of a gain compared to their other headers. It's not a race car so I'm just in it for the sound. Never knew a D16 could sound that similar to a boxer.

I wonder if it will fit a d15

I bet it would. I think it's just D series in general.

1320performancestore.com/header honda acura/1320 D series UEL header

Dang that's kind of pricey. Someone here really could make money ripping it off kek

>torsion beam
bruh this isnt 1967 im sure pure independent suspensions are the norm

Yeah though those welds are pretty damn nice and it comes with the test pipe as well. A Skunk2 4-2-1 header costs around $430 alone so it's not a bad deal in comparison.

Of course, NOTHING can beat the $40 eBay D series header.

That's actually not a bad deal.
That reminds me. I might end going with a k24 accord cause aftermarket and used parts have gotten a lot cheaper than I remembered.
Still doesn't beat used d series parts. Goddamn d series used parts are cheap.
>Tfw keep getting banned over isp every week.

My manifold in the first pic in the thread is a 1320 manifold. It's a nice piece for 600$. Half price of Sheepey or BWR (no longer in business)

>tfw phone is kill too
K24 is probably the best choice, it has grunt and gets good gas mileage.

Nice ej

post night pics for blur-ing
picked up the game again its a blast with friends

Nibba added air freshners for maximum cringe. Damn son

here's a sound clip of my blast pipes

webmshare.com/Bjy9W

>That production value
My webms are nowhere near as nice as yours, pham.

here's mine

webmshare.com/yNodb

literally took me over an hour of trial and error to get it under 10mb without sacrificing too much quality. i just divided the resolution and bit rate in half

quite hectic, probably 3 times faster than my car

Creating webms really is a bitch, I use 600 kbps for 360p and it gets decent quality and you can get some length to it.

Do you leave the hood bra on during the winter?

What do you guys think about the gen 4 civic? Really cheap, and reliable, but how does it stand up to the 5th and 6th generations of civic?

One of my dreams is to have a fully seam welded 4th gen with period correct spoon b16 and ITBs

i try to leave it off when i know it's going to be raining, but there's a small sunny streak here which is why it's on.

it only takes like a minute to take off and put on

Why take it off if it rains? What about snow?

Kek, that would sound great with the UEL header.

This shop near manila makes a lot of headers and custom intakes for all kinds of shit. The d series header is 8500 pisos included installation.

I know there's a black prelude leaf in here
you better not have the red type r badge

I have rear discs on my CRX Si and I'm having trouble finding wheel bearings for them.

They don't use the same hub assembly as the rear drums, right? Where can I find them?

They should have them on Rock Auto.

The parts on Rock Auto listed are for the drum rears, which from I can tell won't fit.

Do I just use 91 Integra hub/bearing assemblies?

rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=42200SX8008

I found the part number for the CRX Si (second gen right?) then found these. Any of those three should work.

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/2001-acura-integra/6488555897.html

Going to check this out tomorrow, what should I be looking out for?

Make sure that auto trans shifts smoothly. Ask if the fluid was changed around every 30k miles.

Newfag who got a 4gen prelude, posted it the other week but anyway called up some mechanics today because need a new power steering pump. Apparently old Honda ones are very fucking expensive but I'm not sure if there's some truth behind it? Surely resellers exist that have machined the same pump for cheaper, but I don't know shit

2g >>>>>>> 3g

Can I join your meme club?

60k is fine for changing.
Max is like a slightly over 100k. 30k is cvt minimum for change of fluid.

Might just be a 90s Honda thing. Both manuals and autos for EGs want 30k changes in the factory service manual.

desu even something as small as not blacking out the honda emblem would've made this better

Wait seriously?
I know old 4at accords are like that but I didn't think d series civics were as well.

I'll be sure to ask, thanks guys

>bought a 2001 Civic Ex sedan with 266k miles for $500 2 Saturday's ago
>sold it for $2000 this past Saturday
>used the profit to buy a 2005 Civic lx coupe with 144k miled for $2500 Sunday.
Just gotta replace the rear brake pads and put in a radio with Bluetooth and it's good to go.
Real crappy picture of it

ayy nice flip

>Turn car on with radio on
>It starts ejecting nonexistent CDs on its own
I ain't even mad cause the K24 sounds great.

youtu.be/54TtXn2XKHM

I don't know what's more impressive; getting it for $500 or selling it for $2000.

The person must've been a dumbass cause an EX trim here with 176k is like an $1800 car.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-civic-ex/6494228723.html

>socal
well thats not fair comparison, if its running its already worth 1000 dollars baseline

That's my point, even in the land of overpriced Hondas, spending 2000 on a civic with over 200k is just a joke.

>Tfw I'm only selling my 150k mile 01 ex for 1k
How the fuck are you selling so high?

It had a good engine and aftermarket wheels. From looking around before listing it, the average was ~$2500, so i put it up $2000 obo. Had it up 2 days, some college kid came out, liked it, paid cash and didn't try to negotiate

youtube.com/watch?v=YVS7IIz7hbU

auto lude, sounded like something fucking exploded coming pulling away from a stop sign, prolly cracked manifold?

Group shot with my current car, 2000 ex

not with inexpensive front-wheel-drive cars, desu. They're almost all mcPherson and torsion beam.

are 6th gen civics still reliable?
lookin at this one for a grand.

>mcPherson and torsion beam.
i cant image how dull and stiff in the wrong ways that would be

Should I and how much should I pay?

Make sure they'll fit. Those are not 4x100. They're 4x114.3.

Oh and i wouldn't pay more than 150 usd for the set. With or w/o tires

Not big on the front end, but I love that dashboard

Oh yeah the oz rally
>lets put oz wheels on an fwd lancer with worse brakes than the lancer ls

this lancer with that style front bumper was the poo in loo choice of 'tuner' car that wasnt a honda some years back in my city
always in yellow too

Yeah a lot of people bought the Lancer OZ Rally edition when it came out, thinking it would be anything like an evo. In reality it had rear drums, and didn't even have ABS, you had to get the model above it for that. 2 years later the Ralliart came out with about 40 HP more, which was cool.

>rear drums, and didn't even have ABS,
DESTROYED BY CM5

>doesn't even have timing chain
CM5 was basing out a lot of the early 2000s cars, really.

>tfw passed up on a manual 6 v6

I prefer a manual 4cyl sedan, but that sohc V6 in manual is rare.

In general yes
However, it depends on how well it was maintained.

Pretty much this, D series is dirt cheap, but we're talking a 18-22 year old ride.

It's fine.

Porsche used to do it.

>used to do it.
>used to
for good reason too
based honda still putting some decent suspensions on their cars

honda did it until the 4th gen civic and 3rd gens handle fine.

I'm pretty sure the city and brio are beam