/bbg/- Bloodborne General

HMPH Killer Edition
Counterhit >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

PURGE FILTH

Reminder.

First for fuck vilebloods.

>oh yes I love this boss' soundtrack, can't wait to hear it ingame
>sCCREAAAW hhgghuaAAAAA SCRAAAAAAAAAAAA SCHHG HKTRSH CAAAAAAW

>Entered the world of Lady Maria who beckoned you here

Wait, was that a follow up or did that blob just animation cancel?

oops.
this is probably the biggest layer I've ever seen, having a garden and a swamp is mad

Music at 10, and sound effects at 5 and voice at 8

I have learned the burial blade is good against the Bloodletting Beast. Mine is only plus six and it able to hurt that beast pretty well.

Oh I forgot
LAYER ONE REPORT
>Queen killer and bone ash hunter gank squad
>Two bullied watchers
>Great one's wisdom
>A few skinnny pthus
>HMPH, killed after 7 tries

Never heard a single boss song my first several playthroughs. Now I keep musis at 10, voice at 8, and sgx at 4-5 and pump up my tv volume. Makes boss fights WAY more enjoyable and intense.

SINCE WHEN DOES THAT GUY HAVE TWO FOLLOWUPS

Music* sfx* damn my fat fingers

This guy knows

also this layer may take a while alba, so if you want help killing hmph in your game so we arent waiting on srrc every time then just post

Any weapon with great reach like that is good for beasts with lanky, dangling limbs. BB being among the best, especially with L2s and charged R2s

Noted.

I hate rats. Also did the red dude have a flail?

I hate how BB can one shot you with that punch.

On my 3rd character i'm going full meme with a blt build, what should my fashion be?
i'm thinking Enlarged head, sweaty clothes, knight gloves, any pair of pants.
Or should I use crown/mensis cage to show off my creature's face?

YEAH BOI FLAIL KNIGHTS ARE THE SHIT

>be skiel buidl
>git adept
>o fuck
>blund
no

>meme face with meme fashion
Please don't, this is so cringey

fine, I'm keeping the meme face. I spent 5 minutes on it. I'll just wear something that shows off my face

>Invading Frontier
>Host summons his over leveled friend via password
>He does literally 1/2 of my health in one shot
>I do less than a 1/6 to his health my gun does almost nothing
>Host hides behind him spamming guns and emotes
>Both looking cocky as fuck
>Run away towards an enemy
>Quickly kill the host while co op partner is distracted
>Stomp vermin
>Run away before his butt boy can kill me
I fucking hated it during the fight but it felt fucking good to stomp someone getting carried that hard.

If you have 16+ Str put it on LHB

yes FUCK YES FINALLY FUCK YOU LUDWIG YOU PIECE OF SHIIIIIIIIT

Is downscaling fucked in terms of flat phys defence?

I really wish you could swing the whirli mid-trick like you can LHB, Kirk, and AmyArm

>Srrcing
>get summoned into defiled
>I have never had a fight in defiled go good
>Keeper
>host dies when keeper has magic pixel health
>kill keeper during host death animation
>get vermin and gem before going back
Does that count as the host killing the boss or will they have to do it again?

If you got the items/echoes, it should count.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If you killed it nearly the same amount of time the Host dies then it'll most likely count.

In my experience with pvp and summoned down scaled co op partners it's almost like it does not affect them in terms of player damage or defense only PvE.

I could be wrong but pretty much all down scaled people I fight still have ridiculously high health and attack. At one time I was two shot by a repeating pistol with no bone ash on. That has never come close to happen for me with anyone at my level.

Only way to get past it is to kill the host it's just a ridiculous advantage in most cases.

I almost got him, just ran out of vials. Hopefully this wont be as bad as HMPH

That's like every DS3 invasion, but with half the """downscaled""" butt buddies.

Faye I'm going to go get some lunch and kill wet nurse so I can spend this insight on something useful. If you're here when I finish I'm still up to farm. I'll drop a (You). Thanks for all the co-op!

Can we use papers?

Thanks for the company, friend.

>NPC just parried my heal

I guess, but adding 80 flat damage to a 3.55x multiplier attack probably won't do much

.... i got caught between an invisible hitbox under him and the pillar

>swing mid-trick
I'm not sure I understand.

>old hunter cap
>henryk's garb
>crowfeather manchettes
>yharnam hunter trousers

Take one of those, trick, the press R1 right away. You'll swing before the trick animation ends and iirc for Kirk and LHB it's a unique animation. Same for untrick.

Does /bbg/ have a discord server?

Yes

no

Maybe

I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

>Invade
>3 vs 1 gank squad
>You kill all 3 one at a time
God damn that is quite a high I imagine being blood drunk is somewhat similar

How the heck do I git this gud? That seems utterly impossible, were they extreme shitters?

not me but it's fairly easy if your build is complete and their isn't

Oh, now I get it, you meant like downtime animations or whatever they're called.
Only works with untricked-to-tricked amyarm though, the reverse transformation attack is slow as fuck and pretty sucky.

Understandable.

Does /bbg/ have a discord server?

maybe

nice bullying work lads
LAYER TWO REPORT
>garden of evil with two bell maidens, madman, doggos, miners, axepthus
>some very hardy slimes with a lot of poise
>swamp with two giants, destroyed without injury
>Prospector parrymaster guarding the boss
>Oedon Writhe rune in main layer
>Another giant as boss, rekt
I don't want to jinx it but I'm shocked we haven't had a single witch or ritekeeper yet

Yeah it's YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

You're not the boss of me now

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Gankers usually are shit the trick to doing this in pvp is a bit difficult though you need to fight them for a moment make it look like you are about to lose. But the goal is to lure them out of their fighting spot then for a few seconds they will split up one by one to deal with mobs. You catch the one chasing you as fast a possible. Then the second guy will come barreling at you the host of course being a pussy with stand back a bit maybe fire guns but will be a bit scared that you killed the first. Then you have chance to kill the second guy. Once you get him the host is toast. One tip is get good with parrying and counter hits (as in hitting someone during mid combo). If i could not parry I doubt i could pull it off. But it's mainly mind games.

I've died to the undead giant like 5 times alba and chynn

>I don't want to jinx it but I'm shocked we haven't had a single witch or ritekeeper yet
HOOH

(1-3)chalice dungeon and gem my BLTSKL build
(4-6)coop/pvp with my quality build
(7-9)start a new build? maybe STR
(0) /bbg/ decides what i do in BB

Yeah that makes sense, good tips. I don't random pvp much but I should try it out, I'll keep all that in mind. I've been on the other side and I know it's extremely easy to get overconfident in a 3v1

BL4 pebble only run

rip

My advice is to play unlocked and always walk away, then pivot and smack his leading arm when he whiffs a swing. I farmed him ages to get my boomhammer gem. It's pretty slow but it always works

>tricked steak charged r2 takes 150 stamina
On my 40 stamina build it might be even mlre viable. Should i put striking gems on plus oil urn and firepaper?
I'm 20/20 str/arc btw

>(1-3)chalice dungeon and gem my BLTSKL build
FUCK

what sort of sadistic creature are you to even suggest that?
i'd rather fight orphan with torch

Try it out it's really fun once you get the hang of it. I love it so much I have 99 insight on each of my builds and nothing to do with it. More than that if you count blood dregs. I imagine im not even that good compared to people with super korean gems.

Striking with high beasthood, paper and oil won't add a lot since paper is only +80 Flat and oil doubles that to +160 before defenses.

The sadistic type to do a SL1 no upgrades, starting weapons only NG+7 run in DS3 and not record

>ebrietas vs a think build
please relieve me of my suffering

You don't have enough eyes, user
Think more

i've never been interested in "challenge" runs in the souls games
i like to do "bulds" and roleplay certain things, but meh. i'm not good enough to do challenge runs

Story Bribri? Should be ez. If it's chalice then yeah that's a real test

*twink

This. I'm probably good enough, or would git gud enough, but it just sounds SO boring. I don't get how or why people do it. Everything becomes attrition.

Hey guys what's the best co-op level for the woods?
I'm planning on making a mardara brother co-op build that's not too over powered but will help some noobs.

i mean sure i could do it too, just attrition based like you said only waiting until i can kill the boss with my terrible weapons, playing so patiently doesnt seem fun to me

What's wrong with that layer? Why is my framerate literally 3?

43-50 if you also plan on invading

I'd say bl 43 twink level.

idk, I think its the poison under the elevator. the invader was a hacker but he opened the boss door for us which is nice

Should I level up arcane for those hunter tools?
What are hunter tools good for?
Or should I dump points into vit/end instead?

The standard 43 I'd say. That's an average level for the woods but I could definitely see people doing it at 25-30

not when it does 5 point blank charge attacks in a row and its bullshit wonky ass hit boxes get you every time you get it down to 1/4 of its health left

That must be Anel. The script kiddies

It kind of forces you to get good and fights don't drag as much as you'd think if you abused items like pellets (unless you're doing those really tough challenges like torch only stuff). It's a great way to get good at making twinks too.

What's the character for? You won't need much more end, especially with stamina runes. VIT gives good returns up to 50. If you want to co-op or pvp I'd stay where you're at but otherwise you could start pumping arc to try some spells, it'll be a while before they get really good though

It was the poison gas, cleared it with molotovs and the fps is fine now, so I say do the layer as normal

I've never had that problem before, tbqh after making several Twinks the only real hard stuff tends to be DLC and Chalice stuff. The charge is fucky though, you've got to be prepared to dodge it

I agree role play and builds are great when you throw pvp into that mix its no wonder this game has such high replay ability

You're good already but if you're gonna level up then I'd say get some Vit, no more than 50 and your End should be left alone. Tools add a bit more utility but not necessary, 15/18/20 would be good stopping points if you do plan on leveling Arc a bit.

>What's the character for?
Mostly pve with some pvp sprinkled in,
don't know really as this is my first character.
Now that I've googled it, I don't think hunter tools are right for me as they keep scaling so minimum req arcane just wouldn't be worth shit right?

>start new build
>want to co-op because I love CY
>want to solo because I love CY