imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/se62yVZG

Old thread is kill

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/898671489402187777
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/storage-refinements.54595/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you kill spazmatism first you're a beta

whats the best way to kill the twins in expert mode before killing any other mechanical bosses?

Is it possible to outrun expert WoF without using mine cart? Wiki says he can go 50mph.
Really don't want to bother with a rail line after laying a platform halfway across the map.

nasty

you kill it before it reaches you, not hard

He only starts moving really fast when his hp gets very low, and by that point you should be able to kill it before it reaches you.

horsebump

Are there any good texture packs?

>See a squirrel
>Shoot at it on instinct
>Brain actually processes the squirrel
>It's golden
>Bullet's already in the air

>not hoarding every single critter that walks near you

Yeah I'm retarded. I just noticed a few leftover floating blocks I keep bumping into on my last attempt. Guess I should've inspected the bridge at but more carefully.

Just fought the wall of flesh for the first time. I got destroyed. I have failed you Veeky Forums.

Not that I know of. Some people were making a HR texture pack and it looked promising, but I don't know how that turned out.

Well I looked them up, there are a bunch but they're like not even 1/8th complete.
Sad times

i have the chaingun and frost armor

what now

introduce the mechanical bosses to murder

ive already popped all three

or do you mean all three at once

Long as fuck skybridge, hook up some teleports at either end so that you can swap sides on the eyes when you reach the ends.

Should I use Fargo's? I'm setting up for a modded playthrough as I just finished the vanilla game for the first time earlier today. From lurking people seem split on whether you should use the accessories or not. Also since my other playthrough was using it do Thorium and Spirit play nice with expert mode?

fastded

y so ded? Is muricaland asleep?

The accessories are actually a great way to spend your time, since you'll have to put quite a bit of effort into crafting them. Given how the enchantments only give a few effects, the basic class accessories are only slightly better than emblems and the souls need Moon Lord drops, I don't find them unbalanced at all.

Sweet. Guess it's time to lay down some sick beats since I saw Thorium has a bard class which sounds rad as fuck.

plantera then

Nah, Yuropland is slep

im not aslep

go slep, Yuropboi

Fargo's is fun unless you have Calamity.

Bard weapons are mostly earrape sadly.

I have my sound low on Terraria since I usually listen to podcasts or my boi NL when playing anyway, I'm more concerned with them being useable damage wise than them actually sounding good.

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

The fuck happened to the colors?

Crimson for magic and melee. Corruption for range or summoning mix

I like both. Crimson has ichor. Corruption has worm scarf.
In the long run though, I'd choose Crimson because of the lack of the deep pits to jump over in Corruption.

Bard actually reks pretty solid.
Worm enemies become easy mode with some weapons, e.g bongos. Flutes and Guitars pretty much shit on anything because of debuffs and rapidfire paired with piercing.

Also the accessories buff the weapon effects like homing + your generic stat upgrades, so the instruments you use generally become better.

>Guitars pretty much shit on anything
OH
OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/898671489402187777
Leaves!

C O M F Y

What? this game is still updating? Fuck I thought the dungeon defenders update was the last major one. I was debating whether or not I should play again with my friends again, but should i wait till the update show up?

>spawn a new character and world
>golden bunny within view
>a green slime 10 ft in front of it
What do you do, user?

try to bury it in dirt, then use the nearby resources to build two houses and have the merchant sell me a net

Terraria devs can do no wrong

All they can do is fart jokes and melee nerfs.

God damn it Thorium, I love you but fuck everything related to the Borean Strider.
>no summon item, you need to use something and then hope the piece of shit shows up
>during a blizzard
>which is already a clusterfuck of mobs, projectiles and lag
>AND can still spawn the Ice "one minute debuff" Golem
>all while the boss doesn't even reduce the mob spawn rate
>and if you try to do it at night it's even worse
fUCK

hurts my hands

Are those autumn leaves?
Seasons when?

8/18/2017 10:38:59 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.RenderBackground()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

What the hell has my mate done to his game or his computer or whatever? We were doing a co-op run in Thorium, one night a week, tonight we try and every time I join his game or he joins mine he crashes

posted this last thread and then forgot about it
to answer the question - the rocky outcrops, bottles, and other misc. furniture is from Chad's Furniture mod.

wat

also what the fuck

Toblerooooooooooone

Overhaul mod server when

lol

Quick question, Veeky Forums:

>small, medium or large map for a singleplayer game

I kind of feel like the large map is way too big for a single person, specially when you start wanting to go straight to Cavern and you have way too long to go vertically to reach it.

But I'm afraid smaller maps won't have as much loot.

What is the general consensus on this?

I always use large, and I mostly do single player.

guise please he can't make heads nor tales of the error and I'm too tired to properly register what I'm looking at. Is it just a case of his drivers and such being fubar or what?

My problem with small or medium maps is
>spawn
>take three steps to the left
>desert
>take three steps to the right
>corruption
This doesn't seem to happen as often for me on large worlds so I'll take the fuckhuge surface area over it any day.

Are there any mods that add the tent object as a placeable????

I need it in my life

Why is the solar pillar on expert mode so ridiculously hard?

>Summon + Magic
>Summon + Guns
>Summon + Bow

Which one?

Bows can be buffed without armor sets or items (through potions).

Weaponout has craftable tents that also act as temporary spawnpoints.

For singleplayer, I feel it depends on how long you plan on playing on that world.

Are you going to go from start to Moon Lord ASAP and not play much more? Small, Medium at most. You can deal with nearby biomes because you're only going to be in them a short while.

If no, are you going to do building projects? What is the scope of them? If you're aiming forsmaller things, like a nice personal house and rooms for every NPC that are personalized, Medium. It gives you plenty of resources to use and gives you room to grow without Biomes encroaching too much. Large can work, but might be too much.

If large projects, such as multi-screen homes/castles, houses for every NPC, massive Chlorophyte farms and/or mob grinders, go with a Large world. You'll want lots of the various non-renewable resources and tons of building space.

Lastly, if you plan on using the world for extended periods, be it building projects, multiple characters, or a preference for it, kick the world size up a tier from what's listed above, if possible.
I've been using a large world for the last few months and I'm just now starting to feel a space crunch. Resources are still plentiful.

Is something broken with the Spirit Mod minions? I found a staff that summons a tiny eater of worlds and the tooltip has "1 minute duration" on it and yet it's been floating around still summoned for the past 15 minutes.

Summons and Magic naturally overlap with some of the later armor sets. Unfortunately the constant nerfs to Stardust weaponry makes it less "Flashy AND Practical" and just... Boring, but passable. Magic can help supplement everything else, like letting you kill enemies that are getting uncomfortably close or letting you shenanigans some bosses.

Summons and Guns have virtually zero synergy and would be difficult to execute.
Same with Summons and Bows, but as you said, Bows can get noticeably beefy on their own.

I'd go Summon/Magic.

They probably forgot to remove the default tooltip for duration or something.

Who /horsecock/ here?

>try expert mode for the first time
>everything has a fuckton of hp
the fuck is this shit

"balance"

duide that's real difficulty lol git gud

And they deal more damage even when you have more defense! And have even more annoying status effects! All for one extra Accesory Slot that's very likely to be a thing to help close that gap!

Have fun!

I enjoy it. Going back to normal feels too easy now, as cliche and epeen wanking as that might sound. Expert keeps some things difficult where they would previously fade into irrelevance pretty quickly, and I like that I have to always be careful when exploring or mining.
I'll admit there's a few things that could stand to be changed; Slimes scaling is fucking retarded, EoC's dash-charges are bullshit for the stage you'll likely be facing it at and Fishron's 3rd phase feels like something designed by someone trying to be purposefully "lolez 2hard4u xD".

>tfw having to reforge every single weapon in the game to legendary/unreal/mythical in order to store them in my chests

completionist is an enjoyable kind of suffering

Magic without going turbo wizard is pretty bad.

Summon's have full stacking gear and none of them are synergic with Magic, you can pretty much use anything.

I'd go for guns for that spam + damage.

>start new world
>progress and build a neat base
>eventually feel like base is too small and plain
>would be too hard to move everything around so decide to make a new world
>progress and build a neat base
>eventually feel like base is too small and plain
send help.

There's multiple Magic weapons that can be handy for any damage type, so it really just works with anything.
If you wanted, Dark Artist armor can make a pretty solid hybrid set.
Forbidden armor makes a suitable hybrid set to use until further in the game, much like Frost.
Otherwise you're set to pure summoning damage, true.

One could argue that you can use Guns, Magic, and Summoning stuff all at once, yes, since Magic's utility spells work with any of them, but then we're getting into managing items on your hotbar or inventory, which I feel leaves the scope of this discussion.

Lastly, many of the more popular damage accessories work for all damage, and if someone is looking to use two different damage types anyway, it's not likely they'll be filling four of their slots with the pure summon damage/number accessories and go with more hybrid things.

We're both entitled to our opinions though. Either of our options work just as well as the other, it just changes the execution.

>progressed enough in hardmode to be about ready to fight the mechs
>the only magic weapon I'm feeling fun with is still Bloodboil
Fuck I think something broke inside of me

>not using the Laser Rifle and killing Twins first

>Fighting lunar towers for 2nd time
>Solar pillar is where nebula pillar was last time
>Nebula is where vortex was
>Vortex is where Solar was

What the fuck. I had arenas set up and everything.

So do I have to manually empty out everything from a Magical Storage system to upgrade all of my damn storage blocks? Or is there a method of doing it that's not horrible?

The upgrades can be applied directly to placed storage blocks by right clicking.

Rate my little starter tower, I'm thinking of making the top part into a bridge that connects to other houses.

comfy/10

Fuck I just realized the missing block at the bottom, I'm so ashamed

Pretty good imo.

Holy shit you're a lifesaver. Thanks, user!

>really like the idea of the mobile 4-in-1 piggy bank thing from Luiafk
>but the entire rest of the mod is either redundant or something I dislike
füg where's the standalone piggy bank alternatives thing where's my backpack mod why is inventory management so difficult

Just found this: forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/storage-refinements.54595/
Guess I need to take a look at it later.

>Verify Game Cache in Steam
>Check for game and/or mod updates
>Check for mod conflicts
All I can think of, user. Maybe check the forum threads on the mods you use to see if anyone else gets that issue.

There is literally nothing wrong with commieblocks

>People cast shame on other people for building blocks in a block building game

Yeah user, using certain blocks makes you SUPER gay and stuff, it's science.

>>Shoot at it on instinct

>Not just building a dungeon underneath your gorgeous palace for all the lowlife NPCs to be kept in while allowing a few to live in your castle.

whats a commieblocks?

Underage detected

>being this new
commieblocks are basic rectangles just to satisfy the requirements needed to get the npc to stay there; minimum work and creativity for the needed effect