Part-out?

why censors?

pretty cool thread idea OP not gunna lie

My favorite

Absolutely patrician choice for OP pic

>had this up on my wall as a kid

>ALL THESE MOVING PARTS
WOW I AM SHOCKED

how fucking new is Veeky Forums now that people incorrectly greentext this much?

>axle through the oil pan
Fucking Krauts, man

EVERY TIME THAT FACE
WHY

japs did it too

the car didn't drive itself you tard

If you ever find your self in Detroit, for whatever reason, definitely check out the Henry Ford museum.
Really impressive collection. Especially the steam power generators.

NO PARTS

I like this. Very simply made and engineered

kek

ZERO FRONT GRIP

explain

less weight means less grip is needed
also less steering lock
dunce

I cant imagine that the front wheels get enough traction when most of the weight is in the back.

you mean like tons of race cars? (not the imply the aw11 is a racecar, obviously)
it works fine

How does mid engine layout feel like? I am so curious. One day i want to own an MR2.

i love automotive guro

new beetle reporting in

I'm not sure how to describe it but it feels extremely light and eager to turn-in. Lots of grip and feels extremely sure-footed in a turn which only gets better when you're accelerating, due to the weight distribution. Only problem is that if you're being reckless and go past the limits you need to be faster to catch it than with a FR.

what is that?

Is that a C5 with extensive modifications, or a C6?

whilst cool i wish they'd made them RHD

Now that was funny.

>engine entirely in front of the front axle

>engine entirely behind the rear axle

jdm ones are rhd

C5.R
It's on the valve cover if you know what your looking for

Same, but different.

oh look, it's cayman's grandpa

?
youtube.com/watch?v=4MlP2j6mBD0

Lexus IS200/IS300 SportCross.

I bought my first mid engine car last month. 3rd gen MR2. Have only driven it on snow so far. It understeers a bit if I treat it like a normal FWD shitbox in the corners since I'm used to a weighty front end. Gotta flick it in, and then it's controllable as fuck. I find it EASIER to control a snow slide in this than in the RWD Lexus I used to own.
Probably waaaaay different feel on dry tarmac with summer tires though. Really looking forward to spring :)

>Using your imagination to criticise a vehicle's handling

See it instead as a mass that needs moving. With a lot of mass over the front, the front wheels need more friction/grip to quickly move all that mass in a different direction. With less mass (although *some* is obviously required), the front wheels don't need as much friction/grip to quickly change the direction of the front end. This is why these cars have such great turn-in response.

Other cars might have more pure friction/grip due to weight over the front wheels, but that again leads to more intertia, lessening the responsiveness of the steering input.

However, as I said in , when on snow and ice, you need more mass up front to gain the *right amount* of traction. So after filling the frunk up with sand, I'm just about good (y)

norfag

VERY fast buggo.

How old are you? They're Jap, of course they made them RHD you retarded faggot.

Is the axle running through the oil pan the reason why 4matics lung around like a horse wagon when you shift to different gears?