Ford Mondeo MK3 ST220 (V6 226 HP), or Ford Mondeo MK4 2.5T (Volvo inline 5 Turbo 220HP)

Ford Mondeo MK3 ST220 (V6 226 HP), or Ford Mondeo MK4 2.5T (Volvo inline 5 Turbo 220HP)

Also asking what burgers and strayans are thinking, to have some outsider perspective.

I am struggling to decide which one to get?

Pic related: Ford Mondeo MK3 ST 220

volvo

Pic related is the Ford Mondeo MK4 2.5T

Bump

Get the turbo and pretend its a quattro

Did the burgers even get those cars? Pretty sure they don't have the slightest clue what a Mondeo is.

Well yes and no, they got the similar Ford Fusion like pic related.

I asked both because i would like to know outsiders (who don't have this pre existing mentality towards those cars) to tell me what they would choose.

Probably the one without the turbo

the lolvo 5cylinder is a good engine used in many models in fords and volvos so plenty of available tuning options and parts

keep in mind everything about the mk3 is a generation older and will become more difficult to acquire and is closer to the inevitable of any car that is rust waiting around the corner

if you can afford it id go for the mk4

Thanks for the info, yeah the MK4 would be better.

And the MK3 doesn't rust because they have been galvanized from the factory.
My dad had one for 16 years with 250k and zero rust and problems, even though he didn't servive or took care of it.

bong here ford mondeo mk1 or nothing

Yeah they are cool looking, but only come with the 2.5 V6 with 170HP.
Also they all god shipped to eastern europe, and are rusting like hell.

Still cool though.
Do you have one?

this

That

Bump

It was in the first gen mazda6 v6 and the only problems were the auto and that it was hard to work on.
If you are willing to get something unreliable there is the mazdaspeed (mps6) with the 2.3 from the MPS3.

Amerifat here, we got the 1st and 4th gen Mondeo along with the duratec v6 in a number of badge engineered abominations but definitely not the Volvo 5 cylinder (which I'd choose for the sound alone)

T5 for boost and fun, V6 for ease of maintenance

Well the I5 should have heaps more torque and it's an awesome sounding engine but a mates XR5 Focus with the same engine did a main bearing at 50k which surprised both of us a fair bit.

That's weird.

I knew about the Ford Contour which was just a slightly reedesigned MK1 Mondeo.
How weird that Ford Europe designed a Ford for Europe that should look American, and then sold them to Ford America to be sold as a European Ford, but had to be made more American looking for the American buyers.
And then it just flopped because it was FWD with a small V6.

Ford sure did some weird things.

Yeah, we thought the same, he had a bigger cooler and exhaust but I'd be surprised if that made enough of a difference for something that drastic.

I personally think that the MK1 Mondeo looked better and more American than the burger Contour.

Well i will keep that info in mind, that's spoopy.

this is the cutest car ITT

this one times 1000

>duct taped bumpers or nothing

wasted digits with shit opinion.
how did you fuck up this bad?