Used Nissan Leaf

Is it a good buy?

No, wait 3 years for the new model.

What if I hook up a micro fusion cell to it?

Then buy a used nissan leaf

Whats the battery at and what's the price?

It might be depending on your situation and how far you plan on driving the car. I have a Fit EV and the range is about the same, 80 or so miles if you drive efficiently. The main things are going to be the battery quality/life and what the previous owner wants for it. I'd see if there's anyone local that could test and validate the battery before you buy. What's your average commute (assuming you have one) or the distance for your average errands? Is there any charging infrastructure in your area? (check plugshare)

Right now my Fit EV works out really nicely for me because there's good infrastructure around here both paid and free, and almost all of my errands are within 20-40 miles of me. That being said I can hypermile up to about 70-80 if I have to. These cars are not nearly as efficient on the highway constantly doing 60+ mph. While my lease deal came with a Level 2 240v charger I haven't installed it yet because I'm being forced to move so for now I just run it off 120v and charge it overnight. If I need it charged fast there's a free 240v station 5 mins from me.

One thing to consider is the cost of gas vs grid electricity. In Northern California (fuck this place) gas is stupid expensive. If you plug the Leaf in overnight at your house like I do you will see your electric bill spike. Figure out what the cost per kilowatt hour is in your area, and what the install fees are if you want a 240v charger, charger itself runs about $500-$600. The main question I would ask is do you already have a second car that runs on gas? If you have any kind of emergency or have to be somewhere in a hurry there is no easy way to rectify your battery being close to dead if you're going to drive it often enough between charges to deplete it.

Continued. from If you can live with all that and an EV would slot nicely into your lifestyle then I seriously recommend looking at lease deals in your area and compare that to whatever you can get the 1st gen leaf for. EV tech and engineering is getting a lot better, primarily range and efficiency. If you own this car outright it will depreciate quickly over the next few years, especially if Fisker can push out solid state battery tech. I don't know your personal financial situation but I'd seriously recommend you look into leasing the 2018 Leaf, an e-golf, Chevy Bolt, etc and do a cost benefit analysis. Even if the 1st gen leaf depreciates quickly, that doesn't mean it won't be useful to you as long as the battery holds up since that can be majorly pricey to replace. That being said check your state and local incentives. My Fit EV which is a 2013 model is slowly being made obsolete which is why Honda is offering stupid deals. I wipe my hands clean of the car in 2 years, there was no huge down payment, I got a $500 check from my power company, a free $600 240v charger, and Honda covers collision insurance on the vehicle. If you're in a reasonable financial situation I'd seriously look into one of those leases if there's good incentives.

On a personal note I cannot stand how the 1st gen Leafs look from the front, however the new 2018 looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

That's gay as fuck man, why would you want to drive that.

A FUCKING

No.
>slow
>nissan versa interior and build quality
>poor range
>used EV means even worse range
>charging time

Cheap as fuck to run

Gets you from A to B

Reliable

some people don't need muh V8

>Gets you from A to B
So long as A and B aren't too far apart or you're okay taking half an hour to charge mid trip.

>Reliable

The owner of the company I work for had one that was constantly having problems towards the end of his lease. Granted he beat on it but still.

Yes some people live in cities and rarely leave the range of the car so its fine.

I have a Volt and rarely ever run out of electricity. Some people just don't go far.

For some reason ICE seem to drive 1000 miles at a time as that argument is always used,

If you actually do 100s of miles per day you either get a diesel or a Tesla if you want EV.

air cooled battery means that range is going to PLUMMET over the next couple of years, especially if you live in place with 100+ degree F summers

I don't disagree that EVs make perfect city cars but for literally anyone else you're currently better off with an ICE

The future of Tesla.

>reliable
>get from A to B
>a used EV
what that'll get you is about 10 miles before your EV runs out before its range and its batteries burst into flames

Have a (you) for the high effort post

I would seriously rather driving a Prius.

No. Don't buy electric cars until 2025, when the technology has had time to improve.

would you?

The first decent post I've ever seen here.

I don't have much use for the advice right now but I'll screenshot for if I do soon

Thanks buddy

2022 will be a good time for EVs too.

dont wait, just buy one, ride it, and than in 2022, buy another one.