Minecraft General - /mcg/ non toxic edition

Last thread: →

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft memes, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server memes and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more memes!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==

What is your F A V O R I T E magic mod?

Repostan. Is there a way in Feed the Beast: Infinity to chop down entire trees at once? I want to start a tree farm to turn crafting tables into Thaumcraft resources but chopping down trees one block at a time sucks.

ticon lumber axes once you get a tool forge

>i hope one of you faggots is planning on making a new thread soon because i'm not fucking bothering with the effort if the only things posted here are autistic discussions in-between bumping
Thats the problem with the general, its half posters that dont want to place effort while posting and want discussion or content given to them on the mouth and most are not even grateful to contribute when someone posts something good other than to criticize it whenever is bad. They wont care to complement it (its ok unless you want to attention whore) or give criticism about it.
Thats why the only content left are shitposting and low quality baits, which is what the other half of posters strike for. They wont care to support or contribute to good content but whenever someone says something midly infuriating everyone suddenly starts posting and gets on a meaningless discussion that will lead nowhere.
Im not saying you not wanting to make the new thread is bad though, Im also tired of the general going nowhere.

>You know when you spew this toxic shit around, it *surprisingly* doesn't actually help anything. It actually makes the situation worse. >Providing constructive and positive posts would go a long way.
>Remember, monkey see monkey do, when you do something, odds are someone else will follow suite. So when you shit all over your nest, the next person will probably shit all over it too. But when you do something constructive and help the general, the next person will probably want to help out as well.

This is a self fulfilling cycle.

>If you want a better general, it starts with (YOU).

>When someone else does something shitty, you have to resist fighting fire with fire, it's tempting I know but it goes no where. You have to instead point out they are being unreasonable and provide a constructive alternative to their behavior - the second part is the most important part, providing guidance and structure for them to improve on, anyone can be a critic but providing good and quality information for that criticism can have a profound effect.

>Don't be lazy and hope some single amazing person will materialize out of nothing and will come and fix everything magically.
>It won't happen, to fix a community, you have to work like a community.

>I'm not asking you to turn into some gay reddit hug box.
>I'm not asking you to pretend to be something you're not.
>I'm just asking that before you post, ask yourself a question.
>Does this help anyone?
>Is this a constructive post?
>Am I doing my part in the community?
>If you answered no to anyone of those you probably should revise your post or course of action.

Remember, /mcg/ is a community. It only works if ALL of us are working together. No lone actors, everyone. Think, and stay positive.
I highlighted it 4 u

What the fuck is with the text walls. go back to plebbit for that shit.

Anyway, why is TerraFirmaCraft the **best** mod ever?

i don't even give a shit about the game desu i just like to keep up with shitposting and the shitshow that is everything past 1.7

that's ok 1.7 will live on forever. eternal version master race.

I just received a Minecraft+DLCs code for xbox one for some reason but I don't want it.

Anyone willing to trade?

>xbox minecraft
if i traded those codes for a box of my shit you'd still owe me

witchery or thaum

this, there are other good magic mods but up to this point nothing can surpass them.

spiders are much freakier in vr, by the bye

Cant you post a webm of the gameplay? Its pretty cool that theres VR support even for modded.

I'm not terribly familiar with video capture, sorry. I'll look into it later. It is pretty neat, some clunkiness aside

open broadcaster studio + webm for retards (a video converter specifically made for Veeky Forums)

I heard OBS studio works fine, and you can upload it somewhere else if you dont want to deal with size file and webm converting.

posted in wrong thread because fuck me I'm angry as fuck
after all these fucking years
TERRACOTTA is what we get? Just some shitty vanilla blocks?
and there's NOTHING on the roadmap in terms of creativity?
jesus fucking christ what the fuck shit

Its called "get some mods you retard"

that just means the devs are lazy

You are like 5 years or more late

I'm getting tired of exploring Thaumcraft. I've been doing research all day and I can't find whatever the fuck is supposed to give me access infusion altar / runic matrix to craft Boots of the Traveler. I can make arcane stone blocks and arcane brick just fine but the other two recipes refuse to show up.

>tfw don't even have to look this up I know TC so well
Alchemy>Nitor+Alumentum>Essentia Distillation

This teaches me alchemical furnace and arcane alembic. I'm still not any closer to getting an infusion altar, which according to the wiki is required to craft shit like Boots of the Traveler.

Cool, I'm taking a break so I'll check that out and see if it works

Nevermind, I found it. At some point, Infusion got unlocked in Artifice and that gives me a link to Boots of the Traveler. Fuck me that was time consuming, I'm getting sick of this research minigame.

>I'm getting sick of this research minigame
You start off hating it, but it gets easier with repetition.
>there are 6 primal aspects, water, earth, fire, air, ordo, and perdito
>all compound aspects are made of two other aspects, all following their own categories.(death-life-motion-magic)
After a while, it's kinda like sudoku or sudoku

don't switch it to easy mode, it turns research into a fucking crafting table cookie clicker grinding for one or two specific aspects that gate every single fucking research in the game

>non-toxic edition
Will you whine people here are ableist too?

>and there's NOTHING on the roadmap in terms of creativity?
>implying Mojang even knows what's a roadmap
You're giving them too much credit.

>he's WAAAH-ing so much
Fuck off and die in a fire, retard.

big baby

Yeah, that wasn't too difficult

that looks illegible

I can read it fine in-play, I'll blame the loss in quality from recording and webming here

You'll want to make sure your bitrate is nice and high in OBS, then when you convert it, in the encoding tab set it to constant mode, and set the size limit to 3 MB

I've got those settings set up proper in the converting step, but I'll need to fiddle with OBS a bit next time. I also goofed and didn't clarify the window size when recording so all of these are cropped as well

And without the cropping just for comparison's sake

woah ded

just got back into the game is there a list of mods somewhere

TFC would be comfy in this, I'll have to try it some time.
Is the inventory screen distance adjustable? It looks like aiming the pointer when crafting would be difficult.

I'm not sure if the distance is adjustable, but you can move around since it's attached to the actual inventory. Heck, even just leaning or taking a step back, or for things like books leaning forward a bit and then back to neutral if it spawns too close.
In general though the distances are pretty legible if you're standing, and the only real awkward things are if you're sitting down

Oh also, since someone asked last time I posted about VR I discovered how to force the keyboard to come up with default binds when using Touch controllers. Left grip + y will bring it up, though with vivecraft it can be kinda wonky still, I can only reliably type with my left pointer if it's not a dedicated text box (book, clipboard, sign, etc).
Most importantly though, the keyboard can be used for hotkeys like this! If I force up the keyboard just standing in the world and hit J it'll bring up the big journeymap, so I don't have to grope for my keyboard.

Setting up a play through for the first two episodes in season 2 of story mode. If you all want, here is the code for crowd play if you want

>just tried out shaders today
Man, when these first came out you had to have a supercomputer to run them, now they run on just about anything built in the past 3 years

I've been using the same computer I built for six years now.

What are some good things to add to the town I'm building for my kid nephews and cousins? I'm specifically looking for things like horse racing tracks, gladiator arenas, archery contest areas and things like that for them to play with. Any other ideas?

Boat racing on ice is pretty fun, maybe a parkour course too? Not sure if they'd fit in with the town's theme though, unless you can blend them in.

Boat racing I can do underground mostly to stick with the theme, parkour I can just make some army training course. Cheers user.

SPLEEF
fuck I feel old

Yo, it's been a while since I've played minecraft without a lot of mods. Is it normal that, if a creeper kills you, none of your fucking inventory drops? Like if my items had already dropped and then he exploded I would understand.

>shows consistent 60 fps not once dipping into 59
>feels more like 30
the fuck

why THE FUCK does the launcher and website ask me everyday to identify myself when I try to change my skin

How do you fight anything if you can only teleport around randomly and mobs can actually move?

tps nigga

30 fps for each eye

It's an optical illusion. It's running at 60 but since the human eye can't process more than 30 fps it just looks like 30 to you.

Mobs seem to freeze for a moment after you teleport (which has a momentary cooldown), though I'm not sure if that's intentional or just how the game's loading handles it. It certainly has its own challenges though, backing up is rather harder. If I wanted I could switch locomotion styles when fighting but eh.

CSSH

>come back
>timber isn't updated anymore
fuck
is there a replacement mod out there?

lumberjack or tinkers
pick your poison

Are you turning yourself black

You could try to automate it with the EnderIO Farming Station. I have a tree farm set up for coal production. That combined with a skeleton farm means I am producing way more than I actually need.

Why not do it the thaumcraft way? Three golems, one plants trees, another chops them down and a third collects the wood

>Finally got rowan sapling
>Growing a couple so I have a few so I can make a stupid fucking circle magic book
>Cut one down, this motherfucker pops out and screams and nearly gives me a heart attack
>Now he's standing outside my house and I don't know what to do
>No armor, barely have iron, used the last of it to make a few chests

Fuck

I'm playing with a custom pack that does not have thaumcraft installed.

HELP

Resource pack?
And good luck.

Woodpecker. He got stuck in my doorway and I cheesed him out. He was really scary though.

they take extra damage from axes
you know what to do faggot

fuck me sideways painterly isn't being updated anymore it seems

and nothing of value was lost

I take offense to that you faggot that was my favourite 16x
how about you suggest me a replacement then

Unity

>if a piece of software stops being updated, you have to cease using it immediately
I fucking hate this meme.

>be last night looking for scary vidya to play
>get bored of most of them about 5 minutes in
>play minecraft after a year of not playing and go on a server and find a woodland mansion someone cleared out
>thunder storm at night time too
>fucking jumped at the slightest movement of a bat
>Nope outta there and go sailing for a while
>Find ocean monument
>some how get close enough to trigger the hallucinations and i freak out
>quit game
What is wrong with me?

hang yourself, my guy

Fuck yes.

Seems to me you primed yourself to be scared, but couldn't find an outlet. Afterwards, you came upon a situation that wouldn't cause fear on it's own, but your brain was conditioned for it, took the situation and ran with it.

whats with the constant amount of questions about story mode, vanilla and how to get the game for free? At least in the past it was more about modding but asking about story mode is a fucking insult.
f-fucking newfags

some turboautist figured the best way to keep the thread alive would be to post shit bait

ahh no die

do not do it

already doing it

SAVED

Is there a reason Minecraft runs like shit on my RX480?
is it because I have a dogshit 30Hz 720p tv as my monitor? Please say yes, I don't want to drop dollars on a new card

cpu?