Jump in and run out for a bite to eat

>Jump in and run out for a bite to eat
>Go to pull off from a stop sign, hear THUNK
>Think what the fuck someone hit me, then notice i'm not moving but engine is revving up
>no one is ever at this stop sign, but look back and see literally 20 cars behind me
>Because of course there fucking is
>Fuck around with it a minute while people blow their horns because they don't know what caution lights mean
>Truck wont move in D, will only move in towing gears 1, 2 and Reverse
>Finally get it to move
>Limp back to the house in shame in 2nd gear

I just wanted something to eat.
Should I just kill myself?

I'd say put your truck in drive and lay down in front of it but that wouldn't work.

4l60E transmission I assume? No surprise there, those things are certified turds. Mine went out in my company silverado at just over 100k. What did yours do?

It wasn't doing anything, it worked perfectly fine up until now. I've had practically no problems with it.

125k miles and it just went thunk at a stop sign and now it wont hardly move. It makes this weird sound like the gears are turning in the trans now when its in Drive, sort of a low metallic sound, but other than that it just wont move. It never did that before.

Also, my truck is a single cab 4 cylinder, that pic is from google.

Mine did something similar. Mine went out while I was reversing but I had no forward gears at all. My problem was the torque converter, and that problem is common with GM automatics

How much does it cost to replace?

Can it be done without going to a shop?

when did you last do the transmission oil and filter?

It's been some time, can't really check now because it's dark outside. I'll have to look tomorrow.

I was gonna try and check that plus the filter before I take it to the stealership.

I assumed that when I got my oil changed and they marked that they topped off the fluids that they actually did, I'm willing to bet that they didn't.

Couldn't tell you how much it cost, my company covered the expense. I helped a friend do it once, though. basic jist is
>separate driveshaft from rear of tranny
>separate tranny from engine
> unbolt bad troque converter and replace
If your truck is high enough off the ground you can do it without jackstands. Doable with enough patience. Hardest part will be reaching the top transmission bolt, so make sure you have plenty of extensions and/or noodle arms

Jesus dude, no need to go that fuckin' far

RUDE

wew

Sounds similar to when the 4L65E in my GTO died. The sprag catastrophically failed on me backing out of the driveway. Stopped in the middle of the road, shifting from R->D, and heard a loud pop from under the car. It was loud enough that I thought something had hit the floor pan. I was able to force it down to the low gears and limp to a shop.

Depending on where you are, probably expect to pay about $2000. They might rebuild yours in-house, or they might offer you a 1-for-1 swap with a prebuilt unit they've got on a shelf if you are in a hurry.

If you've got the time, I recommend having them build it with harder and stronger parts like a Beast sunshell. If they're a good shop they probably have an in-house performance package. Might be worth the peace of mind for +$200 to +$400. 125k miles is pretty young for a truck. You'll get your miles back out of it.

>Not just flipping the wrench turning the bolt 1/8th of a turn at a time
It's almost as if you're not patient enough to be a mechanic.

>GM quality
Not even two weeks ago someone with retard strength broke the passenger window closing the driver door on a 1500.

I've been having a lot of buyers remorse lately. Quite worried my 1500 is going to experience catastrophic failure any day now.
>Plastic door handle broke clean off last week leaving work
>Rear end has been developing a clunking sound; unfortunately it wasn't the u joints and it's definitely the 10 bolt

I'm waiting for this to happen since my car is very notorious for its fucky trans. Every now and then if I park for a bit then drive again without shutting off the car 1st and 2nd will kick really fucking hard, like you said it feels like you got tapped. Also it will sound like I'm revving higher and I will go faster but the tach won't move. Sometimes it'll sound and show on the tach I'm at 1700 but I'll still be accelerating. I have memeshield so I'm just waiting for it to blow so I can get it rebuilt.

My truck is over 10 years old....
I wouldn't consider it a "lately" problem.

New models are very different.

just spent 2k getting mine rebuilt

Cars shouldn't have 200k mile issues at 100k.

Still true, just saying I doubt the trucks are made the same now.

No, you're right.

>Chevy shake
That's something my 04' doesn't have.

>GM shitox fails thread #5634678

should've bought a ranger

/thread

Semi related, was wondering why my trans fluid was low, get underneath 1992 k1500
>expected 700R4
>found TH350
it all makes sense now

You lucked out

>while people blow their horns because they don't know what caution lights mean
This shit annoys the fuck out of me whenever I break down. I mean come on people, you can see the fucking hazard lights, go around.

>A """truck""" that drives like a minivan according to Mr. Regular
How is this an improvement?

Knowing the problems in a 4l60e trans ive religiously maintained the one in my suburban to 230k without a rebuild

Corvette servo or no?

2002 or newer? Forgot to ask.

The 4l60e received updates with the introduction of the 4l65e.

I've never messed with my trans, got 180k on it. I have my truck tuned though, so all my line pressures are bumped.

What exactly are "200k mi issues"?

Jesus Christ man, have some compassion for the dude

total transmission failure.

Only the select few who can get it started that day find out. It's a closely-guarded secret.

forget an hero.

always eat in second gear.

I miss transmission dipsticks

>*laughs in 4L80E*
Buy a 60E from a junkyard and put slap it in innaweekend