/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
/dat/ Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/cord: discordapp.com/invite/BzA5JN

Other urls found in this thread:

streetmachine.com.au/features/1703/1978-holden-torana-uc-to-lx-conversion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIP Steve Irwin

Daily reminder that falcunt is a worthless faggot who does nothing good. If you see his posts ignore him. We are trying to revive /dat/ here.

How the fuck are ya? I'm looking at getting myself a bombodore v8 of some variety. I realise most of these cars are owned by tapout shirt and oakley sunnies wearing fuckwits and will be in some way thrashed, but what should be my minimum price threshold to avoid getting a pos VT that dies every 2 minutes, like our mate?

go for a ve ss, chassis is much stronger and the LS3 is much better in terms of reliability/power than the ls1.

My dad has an SS VE Ute and just got a brand new SSV VF with the LS3. After driving the VF I swear I'm going to get one. I've just finished uni and got a job, so I won't have the money until next year. Hopefully the prices don't go stupid.

vf's are going down lol. they will be worth mid 20s in a year.

Why? I was expecting a bunch of "I know what I got" for anything decent.

they made millions of them. it's not a bathurst champ like the xy or torana.

WHERE'S FALCUNT

Is restoring a torana to become king of bogans worthwhile or should i just get a newer car?
My daily is a ktm duke 390, so only needs to be used when i cant be fucked to ride in rain or on dirt

Foreskinanon checking in.

toranas are sick. aim for a lc/lj and put a 355 stroker in it with a toploader

Best i can do is I get a free UC in "parked it in the shed 15 years ago" spec

they can be made to look like lx toranas pretty easily. UC isn't bad it's just got ugly features. Find a coupe and turn it into a LX like this bloke.

streetmachine.com.au/features/1703/1978-holden-torana-uc-to-lx-conversion

Fuck me that's gorgeous. Mine is a sedan, but it will have to do.

sedan is good enough. turn it into a LX and it'll be way nicer, I hate the way the UC was designed persoanlly.

Ameranon here, I looked up what "seppo" meant about a month or so ago, and it kind of hurt, lads.
I really like aussies and I can't understand how Aussies would come to dislike Ameri-kuns. I love you nigs.

It shouldn't be offensive, y'all are full of shit and talk some shit. Seppo is a term of endearment and affection.

when we dont have racist slang to describe everything is when you should be offended. It's a way of life ya dumbcunt

Ohhhh, it's bantz. Well shit, man. Didn't even occur to me. Thanks, anons.

because you're full of shit. and one of the most disliked things in australia is someone that's full of shit.

ilu 2

>couldnt handle the bants that no one even said to him

Here is my ve omega when i was putting the maloo body kit on

What it look like finished, cunt?

Aim is 112 hours. (4 days 16 hours)
Will need to average 129.46km/h
I have a co-worker who can build a fuel tank.
I have a specific vehicle in mind, tho I dont want to share it incase this goes bad.
Rough economy figures might be 14L/100kms
Means 2030L of fuel for total trip.
Shopping list includes: 2x spare wheel & tyre.
Atleast one, probably two gps'.
Radar detector (looking at uniden R3 DSP) hard wired to argue legality in non-wa states.
Assorted snack food and cooler/esky to suit.
Bullbar(maybe)
Spotties(maybe)

Will need a co-driver.

Any ideas for going to the bathroom?
Any other ideas? Things im missing?

>Radar detector (looking at uniden R3 DSP) hard wired to argue legality in non-wa states.
>Assorted snack food and cooler/esky to suit.
Piss bottles, only passenger can shit, you forget the amount of money you need to spend on nodoz/rebull/meth

Surely there is a better method for pissing while on the move? Im not sure I want my dick out when a kangaroo inevitably jumps in front of the car.
Stadium pal? But they would be hard to dispose of and change on the move.
Im willing to concede taking a shit, but only when stopped for fuel, or so desperate it comes out with no effort. Laxatives for a few days before hand, then take pills for constapation for four days?

Ive done 22 hours of driving before, but I figure with 8-10 hours shifts between drivers shouldnt be a big problem staying awake

val user you faggot wheres my invite you send it out to randoms then talk behind my back not cool!

cut a hole on the floor and piss/shit through that then, ya fucking drongo

Not sure if it's the right thread, but do anyone know a cheap scooter mechanic close to Sydney?

go ask in that faggoty bike thread discord

>scooter
Do it yourself faggot

I'm with him.
There's a surprising following with scooters, what's wrong with it and what's the model?

Is anyone here into nip cars? I just moved to a mountainy area and I want to deliver some tofu. I'm looking for something light, good in the corners, easy to work on and with minimal meme factor so I'm not paying 20,000 dollarydoos for a 90s shitbox. I daily an older ss ute so I'm not super keen on a shitbox that does 0-100km in >8 seconds and can't give performance gains without an engineers cert.

Reporting in cunse

check the numbers. if its just a poverty pack 304 swap anything you can do to a 308 you can 253 or put a 202 in it with a yella terra head. wakes up the 6 cylinder like never before.

if its a XU-1 restore it. if you find a GTR its just as rare as the XU-1. if its just a scumbird (sunbird) just swap a 350 chev into it. the 2/4 bolt isnt as wide as the 308 is.

nice subaru

no its just got bad tail lights and fake wood.

Those tiny wheel walls bro why?

He has never been on a country road of course

Oath I'm scared to run anything under 40

Does any one have opinions regarding non-descript vehicles. Ones that wouldnt look out of place anywhere.
My thoughts where, au/ba falcon ute (but not a lot of cabin room)
Territory, older gen 2wd hilux, large diesel sedan of some sort.
I think a landcruiser/prado's etc are overkill

>tfw live in the country

go on a special diet that makes your shits liquid and just cut a hole through the seat and the floor of the car, becoming the ultimate street-shitter. At 120KM/h, it will spread very thin and evaporate very fast
Bullbar is a must if you're driving at dusk, there is a lot of future roadkill waiting to fuck up your shitbox.
Stay clear of Great Ocean Road, it's slow as fuck.

Hehe I've never bent a rim

you havent lived in the country where truck gouge holes in the roads then.

May I have all the potholes burned into my brain after blowing 8 seperate sets of shocks and suspension over 6 cars

You've heard this before but look into an mx5 if you want something, cheap, fun and Japanese. They're quick too, especially if you start modding them.

I was thinking this but I not keen on its shit power. Did the older ones ever come with a turbo so I can stick one on without fear of defects?

BA Wagon dual fuel. Put a big cell in the back

I'm pretty sure the first 3 editions all had mazdaspeed variants with turbos so you shouldn't have too much trouble bolting one onto yours. Not that you'd need to mind you, if you're spending your time in the mountains you wont need much more power than an mx5 will give you anyway.

Thx, m8. What year should I be looking at?

Falcunt here, you will never have dat back unless you make peace with me.

lelelel reminder milton is such a pussy who won’t race me cause he is scared

That’s pretty cool, so people really think you have a maloo?

I drive an 2L NC (2006-onward) and I'm loving it, but a lot of people swear by the older ones because they're lighter (but less powerful). The ND (the newest one) is the best of both worlds, both lighter and more powerful than the NC but is obviously more expensive.
Basically, the older you go, the cheaper it gets, but the cars become slightly slower and less reliable.

Why dual fuel?
Plan on putting a custom made tank in the rear, or failing that, some big fuel cells.

Yes man, it fools all the sheilas into thinking I have a hsv. Easy pussy.

Falcunt you are not worth a race my ute would destroy you.

I do all my own work and all my auto knowledge is based on push rod v8s so the older models might be the go. Just as long as they aren't carbie.
What ute do you drive?

you are an absolute pussy
fake hsv, too scared to race falcunts shit wagon
i don’t know who you ausfags are but this one is real pathetic.

Holden omega Ute with hsv body kit and makes 450kw at the wheels.

have fun with your exploding head gasket

My vr will rape you, m8

Piss off falcunt

As if I'd drive a chev ls piece of shit

Should have posted some pics of the Calais

Poor milton is salty about his industrial deafness so he takes it out at falcunt

This milton guy seems like a fuckwit

Yeah he used his ve omega with a body kit to get some girl called melissa. Now hes mad after 6 months the woman wont let him spend money on it

What a beta manlet!

should i do up an XB sedan y/n

lellelele nasty isis200!!

all you postie faggots need to man up or my shock troops will be making you pay!

yea mate.

Yes

I'm reverting the headunit in an 07 corolla back to stock from an aids aftermarket one. My stock one has no wiring to go in the back of it. Where do I find a stock wiring harness for it?

Wreckers, go pull one out yourself.

>dat satan trips
dood the discord and Veeky Forums is extra cancer lately stay away for your own sanity lel

>1 fat nobody has managed to trigger every single supposed 'master bantz' australian on this board

they're "not mad"

yes (you)s all are
with the help of my seany shock troups

Thanks mate

I just bought the wheels, didn't choose the tyres, I'll be going for a larger profile in a month, the fronts actually different
235/45/19
235/35/19

I've lived in the blue mountains before and cunts I'll tell you, I'm loving smooth

Eh I pop in now and then to see what's up, good to see a /dat/ talking 90% about auto and 10% pointless drama as opposed to the other way around.

Ayyy, long time no see. Hows the Valiant going? Missed seeing that car.

its all on their walled garden discord now thank fuck.

Do you like my retarded scoop and intake?
here senpai
hows ur aids going?

Engine ate a valve a few months back so In process of new engine, hopefully soon.

>discord
Yeah I heavily avoid the drama for that reason

Just make another account and jump back in to the discord mate. They’re all a bunch of pussy fags with rusted shitheap dodges and slushboxes anyway.

Bummer, that’s no good. I missed hearing about the beast, love that Valiant.

I miss driving it, fucking freak valve accident. Engine builder said one in a million, just bad luck I suppose.

yeah i know that feel took 3 months just to get the ls1 running after it ate the following

>bottom end shat pistons and cylinder walls (piston slap memes)
>lifter and cam
Heads got recond and i put a vcm710 cam owes me 11k this year alone and counting m8

>cars
Not the cheapest hobby around, I'll see that much.

some reason it wouldnt even let me in kek who cares i think me and hsp got banned again.
bad luck, oh well least we're back m8

Yeah, just make a new account, at least for the shits and giggles. I think your falcunt one is still banned, so you’d have to make a new one real quick.

I dunno bro, it’s up to you. I just want someone to come in and have some banter with a good bloke.

>I dunno bro, it’s up to you. I just want someone to come in and have some banter with a good bloke.
they'll just ban me again kek

If you're having friends for your birthday dinner at a restaurant do you pay the bill for all of them? My mate says you should but I'm a stingy cunt

So I've still been driving my 1997 cxi civic which is still my first car for nearly 8 years, and I'm about to kill myself because I can't handle not having any modern accessories (like aircon)

Time for an upgrade anons, looking at a series 1 ve ss ute, any reason to get the ssv over the standard? I can get a decent ss for a steal price.

yep they just did thanks satan

How much do you guys think 4 shitty rims will net me? Two are a pair. The other two are just two random rims.