/palg/ - Paladins General

New champ edition
NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>OP Text (Needs updating!)
pastebin.com/6rn1s422

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB56)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?51392-Open-Beta-56-Patch-Notes-August-9th-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Owl Teaser
twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/898253408691408896

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB56 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?51376-OB-56-PTS-Bug-Reporting

>Paladins Magazine Issue 8
gameonmag.com/portfolio/paladins-magazine-issue-8/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bzq3yZyaJdDOWTFjUHpldjRlLUU
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/b/b2/Evie_Troublemaker_VGS_Other_G_Q.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/7e/Drogoz_VGS_Other_G_T.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/71/Skye_Heartbreaker_TR_Taunt_Directed_Kinessa_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/f/f0/Kinessa_Skin03_TR_Death_Directed_Skye_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/Skye_Heartbreaker_TR_Taunt_Directed_Kinessa_2.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/4/49/Grohk_TR_Card_Select_Weapon_3.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/71/Assassin_Skin04_SP_Intro_2.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=ocNQEB-tJrg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/Ruckus_TR_Taunt_Directed_Skye_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/69/Ruckus_TR_Taunt_Directed_Skye_2.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to stroke Fernando's face!

My thread

that little spin he does is so fucking dainty
i love it

Whoever has played him on the PTS can you confirm that his ultimate works like a flash bang i.e you can turn the other way to lessen the daze or not?

no

Here is all the lore summarised from Owl's line.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bzq3yZyaJdDOWTFjUHpldjRlLUU

Owl is from the same unit as Viktor, calls him Sir so Viktor is likely an Officer
Trained Kinessa in Sniping, not sure if it's after leaving the unit but since snipers work in pairs, probably served together.
Says Tyra hasn't aged so likely Tyra is older than she looks.
Might have fought Ash before.

I really like the design for her eyes

Why is grumpy bomb so grumpy? And don't say because he blows up they all blow up.

he has a short fuse

Same, it's got a nice look to it.

he has an explosive temper

I hear he's a blast at parties, though.

>mfw Tyra drains people's blood or the blood of the beasts she hunted to stay young

we got it
here's our not!dio
pack yer bags

So how does Buck fight into the lore?
>dresses like a shaolin monk
>his superpower is autism and train noises
>his title is "The Wild"
>he semi-canonical T2 skin is Commando and clearly implies some kind of special forces gig

Maybe she didn't win that fight with the gorlock after all...

he is stunning with the way he dresses

no that just means Tyra is an old friend

that's how you compliment old women user

Let's picture this scenario. All 4 of your teammates are either damage or flank. Knowing this shit ain't right, you've no choice but to either go front line or support and you have no plans on joining their club.
Considering that they play at least decent and no one including yourself won't leave the match, which two roles would you pick and who would you most likely choose?

>autist special forces
The A-Team we deserve

dumping webms from last thread

Ex-spec ops soldier that decided to find a new way of living, he's trying to be more in harmony with the world through a not-budist sect of the setting but sometimes his wild side slips out.

frontliner because supports are shit

Inara or Ash.

I pick Zhin or Evie and meme the objective.

>lian nerf
It fucking amazes me that Hi-Rez actually nerfed Precision because of sub 2k crybaby shitters. Lian was fine as she was and now she gets gutted for no fucking reason.

this post is bait, do not add additional replies to it

dumb animeposter

>bonus damage and a full reload on a damage champ who chunks each shot
It was overkill. Now it's fine.

Silver rank?

>do my first 15 games in ranked
>get the teramorph skin

was it suppose to be that easy for everyone? I was kinda worried. But I dont think I can get the 100 and 200 wins

Autistic monk

Lian and Fernando were the top banned picks in high play. Drogoz and Willo are the top banned picks in the shitter leagues.
I play Lian too and we were lucky they didn't actually gut her, she'll still be a top tier damage.

He doesn't seem so bad now.

if the 10% damage is what you think makes lian op you have no idea what you're talking about

I'll go new Lex and join the fun.

My girl can't possibly be this cute.
Just kidding, her cuteness is unrivaled. She's the light in my eyes. I love her so much, so very much.

So I go in Gold II after my placement matches

whats with the 0/100? Do I need to do 100 games to get reranked?

It was hard for the monks to accept this big, dumb dude among their midst, but their vows meant that they were obligated to care for all those who seeked their help, and with time they grew found of him and he helped them lifting heavy stuff around and cutting the wood to keep the fireplace lit durign the winter.
One day Buck returns from the forest to find that the monastery had been attacked by the big bad of the setting... wiping the tears of his face and with his old trusty shotgun in hand he heads out seeking for vengeance.

>muh autoaim
Just more shit you crybabies love to spout. Grace is completely balanced.

Thanks for all the stuff, webm poster.

I told you guys not to add additional replies, why can't you listen

Can I make macro's with the vgs system? I would like to communicate better with my team and looking through the lists take a while and often its to late by the time I find the right phrase.

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/b/b2/Evie_Troublemaker_VGS_Other_G_Q.ogg

each game you win you gain toilet paper rolls, each game you lose you lose toilet paper rolls
you for the most part gain more per win than you lose per loss
every 100 toilet paper rolls you go up in rank

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/7e/Drogoz_VGS_Other_G_T.ogg

The VGS commands are just you typing letters, so you can use AutoHotkey to set up those macros, or you can use your mouse software if it supports mouse macros.

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/71/Skye_Heartbreaker_TR_Taunt_Directed_Kinessa_1.ogg

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/f/f0/Kinessa_Skin03_TR_Death_Directed_Skye_1.ogg

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/Skye_Heartbreaker_TR_Taunt_Directed_Kinessa_2.ogg

>

Is Sky an equal opportunity elf?

Does anyone else really like that this is a mechanic? It's a cool little quirk.

Precision needed to be nerfed because it was far and above Lian's only real choice.

Lian also needed to be nerfed for other reasons. It is true that she has a lower winrate at almost all levels of play (except the lowest) compared to her counterpart Cassie. At the higher levels of play, her winrate is the third lowest next to Tyra and Viktor.

However, she does not feel fun or fair to fight against. She may suck at playing the objective and the other team will probably end up winning the game, but Lian will always kill you in 1v1s, and that doesn't feel great. This is why Maeve was also nerfed previously, despite the fact that she never had outstanding performance.

i like it. dodged many a dragon fistings thanks to it

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/4/49/Grohk_TR_Card_Select_Weapon_3.ogg

>his title is "The Wild"
That's Grover.
Buck is The Unyielding.

It definitely is. I wish more of my teammates knew about this.

I like it, noticed it for the first time while I was fucking around in spawn.

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/7/71/Assassin_Skin04_SP_Intro_2.ogg

youtube.com/watch?v=ocNQEB-tJrg
neato

yeah there's a few spots it's useful in
most of the ones I found for aerial assault ruckus became worthless once the farther jump distance card got implemented but it's still useful, especially in the middle of a fire fight so to help dodge shots, feels a little parkoury

Did anyone come up with a good build for Styix? I'm having trouble thinking up a suitable build for him.

Her default legendary is actually pretty good.
1200 burst damage with auto aim on all visible targets.
You can hardcore spam both AoEs with swift jade and eagle's emerald.
I can't even afford Precision yet and I'm already doing 30-40k more damage than everyone in these matches. 70% win rate after 20.

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/Ruckus_TR_Taunt_Directed_Skye_1.ogg

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/69/Ruckus_TR_Taunt_Directed_Skye_2.ogg

hmn

>a damage dealer that outsnipes snipers
>has an autoaim shot that with a legendary card removes her need for reloading as sliding refills her gun instantly
>her right click cone is so large that you just need to look in someones direction and it will hit, it can also lower your slide cooldown with a card
>fast charging cc and damage immune ult that guarantees wins in 1v1s and has such a large hitbox that it can pass through shields and stuff like androxus' reversal
>literally just nail anyone that isnt a tank with a few shots and use your auto aim abilities and it will kill

hmmmm

was ut raep?

As a frontline main, even I think they should nerf the damage on a lot of the FLs. As much as I enjoy reliably topping damage as a tank, this 2 tank meta meme is boring as fuck.

New Lex skin?

>pass through shields and stuff like androxus' reversal
That's a bug but the rest is true

Dexterous 3, Guerilla Tactics 2, Tactical Retreat 4, Infused Crystals 2, Cooled Mags 1

Tanks need to do more damage because DPS players have subhuman IQs

>be east coast NA
>put in a game with people not speaking my language, can't even tell what language it is
>other team's viktor can aim well and rolls us first point
>team mates getting bodied and start spewing their third world language in chat
never left a game so fast

>outsnipes snipers
>130 damage from the top of a timber mill building to the point

>tfw you actually expected 'owl' to be a literal owlman

I'm disappointed how they've basically been doing mostly humans now. They must've gotten someone new on the art team who can't do anthro characters for shit.

>what is Q and ult

Lex be like 'shieeeeeet'

fuck off and die you fucking furry degenerate

Yeah, same. Heck, I'd kill for a T. Rex Drogoz skin.

>dae anything inhuman has to be furry
is grover furry now, amerifag?

>plays a game in a fantasy setting
>wants all the characters to be bland humans
Go back to Overbotch and fap to your shitskins.

this game is such a fucking joke. the servers are so fucking awful you can't even reliably finish a fucking game

I finished all of my games for 3 patches, you must have been drop hacked too often.

yep. I just came back yesterday and I'm already sick of this shit.

I like the game, but for these problems to be so persistent for so long just makes it unpleasant to play on a regular basis.

I wouldn't say that. It has its hiccups during the day where you don't want to play for maybe half an hour, and it's frustrating. And then there's drop hackers who can basically delete the match to kcik all the players out.

>almost every shooter ever stars humans and features humans
>paladins has a few non-humans for flavor
>"what the fuck why are they adding so many humans???"

retard

they should start adding inanimate objects as heroes

I want to play as an anthropomorphic milk jug

or as the gingerbread man

better yet, a feces based hero for all the BRs to play

don't forget the current match is in a bad state and will auto close meme

If you can believe it, Smite is even worse right now.
I was playing Ranked Paladins and my ping only got to 150 at the highest but during Smite Adventures it was 220+.

I want to play as an anthropomorphic tree! They should add one.
Oh, wait...

all elves are celibate even after death

I reeee'd in my earlier post, but it's honestly more disappointing than anything. I like the game, but they keep shitting out new champs and skins and their servers keep getting worse.

I'm not fond of Snipers and I still can't dig Owl but I think i wouldnt mind to practise with him and see how well he plays.

>gobbed

I may actually touch him now.

They should reword the non humans we have into human characters with themed clothes, much more interesting than a fucking tree or ninja turtle rip off.