Other urls found in this thread:

unity3d.com/security/mitigation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Godot

Gamedev is dead

woooooooooow

>anime edition

Now THIS is gamedev

The other thread's OP was bad. This is just nonexistent. Someone else make a thread, please.

real thread

This is fine
A refreshing change

Anyone else dev on the weekend? Im starting to deliberately not dev on off hours (normie time) so I force myself to have a real weekend

Some of us have full time jobs and can only dev during evenings/weekends

I'm getting more into low-level programming
Wrote a tiny bootloader that spits "hello world" to the screen. I'm hoping to use BIOS functions to make a square move around or something

>bootloader
Thats crazy. What language are bootloaders even written in?

Would it be possible to write a boot loader that copies the contents of one HD to another, and then boots off the second HD? It'd be nice to have a clean version of the OS each boot without having to always be working in a VM

Javascript

Javascript isn't a programming lanauge

x86 real-mode assembly for the bootloader setup where it's absolutely necessary, and C for the actual meat.

It's pretty comfy, drawing text with background color to VGA is just setting a couple values in a 2d array

Are any programmers here looking for an artist?

me

>Would it be possible to write a boot loader that copies the contents of one HD to another, and then boots off the second HD? It'd be nice to have a clean version of the OS each boot without having to always be working in a VM

No need to write a bootloader. If you plan on using Linux, then there's a much easier way to achieve this: make a live USB. If you don't care about saving shit to the hard drive, you can boot off a flash drive (anything 4GB+ is probably OK). There's a bunch of programs to help with this, unetbootin is a good one

For windows, you could first do a clean install, use a linux live cd or something to copy the main hdd to a .iso file, and write this .iso file to your main hard drive when you want to get a "clean slate" of your OS. Doing it automatically on every boot would take WAY too long.

I am, except I don't want you, I want to do the art myself

also this is the wrong thread

what engine?

r u looking 4 urself

What's the name of that position? I like it

>r u looking 4 urself
Yes actually but this is still the WRONG THREAD

get your shit together guys

Unity devs,
unity3d.com/security/mitigation
you need to either remove the asset store with the mitigation or get the patch for the recently revealed exploit. I highly recommend making your own assets and scripts and removing the store.