pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSfgmZuvPRH-V4tNCBopaHAuRjuR3AxytjlBiaoICHC6cWGYzkg1POxHyUxBoJAWAUtFHOPUVte0kWI/pubhtml?gid=0

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FP-HNNTzzMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WfvY3e4fl_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why/how was Kalameet immune to lighting?

It's the abyss I don't have to explain shit

In-game explanation: None, except that maybe it had something to do with the Abyss, or him being some special rare/mutant species of dragon that could resist Lightning damage.

Actual explanation: Miyazaki wanted to make a boss you couldn't cheese with elemental damage, so he ignored his own lore and pulled Kalameet out of his own ass.

THAT'S THE SHIT I KNEW IT.
THE AI OF THE ARBYS WATCHERS GOES BONKERS WHEN YOU USE THE BANNER BUFF.
THAT PROVES IT!
THEY JUST SPAM ROLLING ATTACKS ON THE BANNER WIELDER!
FUCKING.

We had a good run yesterday. If you dont know what this is yet, post a weapon (preferably uncommon ones) and I will try to make it sound good then proceed to shit on it

Crescent Axe

-it's long. For an axe
-it has HA on 2h R1 (i still dont know if WC r2 have HA or not. Uncharged ones of course)
-It's the only halberd with WC
-Light. For a halberd

It could have been so good if it had the axe moveset on 1h and then halberd on 2h. Unfortunately that's a DkS OG thing. Even the Dark souls 2 version wasn't terrible. Well, being a halberd means it's shitty in a gank situation due to the moveset, in addition it's remarkably short... for a halberd.

This is a weapon that struggles with its identity. Is it an axe, or a halberd? It's like that one happa kid you know in school who fit in neither in the white crowd or the asian crowd. The crescent axe in DkS 3 struggles to out perform neither of its parents. It does not have the speed of an axe, neither does it have the reach and damage of a halberd.

But here's the magical thing about this weapon: It's an axe with long reach and HA, thanks to its halberd moveset. Being the only halberd with WC, you gain access to the special R2 that, combined with the longer reach, becomes one of the best at roll catching. If you're good enough, you can hit an opponent with BOTH of the WC R2's, first being direct hit, 2nd being a roll catch, all thanks to the reach it has in conjunction with the animation.

Try this puppy out if you havent.

7/10 I wish it has axe moveset on 1h

>invade true pvp champion
>never ever attacks first, just walks back and forth with his shield up and mashes R1 with his straight sword
>switch to red hilted halberd and knight slayer ring and rape him to death

That shit was weird, thought I broke the game.

How do I go about making a Moonlight GS build in DS3? Should I start as a sorcerer or knight and just level in the stats?

Notched Whip

Go 40 INT and stack VIT and heavy armor or 60 INT with ATT for casting sorceries, those are your options.

I know. It's very weird.
I don't think many notice that...
I posted about it a lot when I was doing my Jeanne d'Arc Cosplay and nobody replied,,,

Go minimum physical stats, 60 Int, and Force-cast CMW onto it. It's the only way that it becomes viable.

Those poor Watchers, I never knew Lightning was that effective against them.
I'm signing off now, thanks for the adventure, Healslut.

Alright I gotta go as well my dudes, thanks for the laughs tonight

After putting down the retarded Watchers of rolling attacks it's time for catacombs of kangs and shiet. Put your sign down at the beginning of Catacombs lads.

Ah alright, thanks for the good times lads.

Guys, I'm retarded and can't remember. What level should I stop at for low level Burg PVP?

Playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time and I'm not sure what kind of character I should go for.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Aww I had my sign down and I was waiting.
Oh well, how were the Miltanks?
There are other enemies that do that shit too.
I did a lot of research...

There is only one kind of character in DS3, and it's straightsword pyro.

I never saw it, I believe you can only summon 2 people there as well since it's technically Crucifix Woods.

Notched whip

I don't think I will make a separate case for other whips in the future, since they're all quite similar with few variations.

-unparriable attacks
-R2 and WA have impossibly long range and allows for mix ups
-Quite diverse movesets between 1h and 2h for different situation
-WA can shield pierce and slow stamina regeneration

But it's slow as balls. Like, really slow. Esp the R1, which also cannot be comboed or delayed. You pretty much have to rely on the R2 for most of the time. The damage is mediocre on both notched and spotted whips, though you do get auxiliary effects.

The only use Id say for the notched whip is probably infusion with bleed, which in combination with its roll catch ability and long range R2/WA means your opponent won't have time to catch a breath.

youtube.com/watch?v=FP-HNNTzzMQ

It's a category of weapons with steep learning curves. Like the cane in BB, learn the moves on both 1h and 2h so you know from which angle the attack comes out from.

5/10 use whip if you want damage, otherwise get bleed on it

Great Club

Do what you did in the first two games, standard sword and board quality.

If you haven't played the first two games, then play the first two games before this one.

I said uncommon weapon. Unless you meant LARGE CLUB

Cleric's Candlestick

Sure, lets go with that

Thrall axe!

Problem is that I always played Pyromancer and I'm thinking I'd like to try something different.

How's Sorcery/magic in DS3?

Would a DEX/INT combo work out well in the long run?

>How's Sorcery/magic in DS3?

Magic is awful in 3

Sorcery is kind of boring in PvE because most of it is just spamming Great Heavy Soul Arrow at bosses until dead and waiting until Irithyll to even get your build really goind.

DEX/INT wouldn't be good for spells unless you go 40/60 with Crystal Magic Weapon buffing weapons which leaves you dry on room for other stats. Going 40/40 is ideal for using weapons like Friede's Great Scythe and Aquamarine Dagger but leaves you with low powered spells unless you use non-scaling ones.

>even the carthus skeletons are meta tier shitters with their goddamn curved swords

Alright, then how about Miracles?

Maybe some kind of STR/FTH build?

Cleric Candle stick

-Long sword R1
-casts magic
-not terribly short
-Early access

It's actually not too bad for a caster build unless you're going for all magic no melee meme build (its almost like playing cod without guns). The damage is mediocre as a melee weapon, but since it has a long sword R1 it's hardly an issue unless you somehow wanted to 2h it. Oh yeah lol nice WA we get here.

As a catalyst it's rather poor as well, having one of the lowest spell buff. Being a sword, it also does not have the combo ability with certain spells like with Heysel. Similar, it also does not have HA like the pick equivalent. In a gank situation however the long sword moveset will benefit you a lot more than the singular pick moveset.

Can this weapon cast AND attack in the offhand? If so, than that's what I will do with it.

7/10 it's actually not terrible at its job.

STR/FAI is actually one of the best builds in the game right now. A 26/27 STR and 60 Faith build has access to some of the strongest weapons in the game like Saint Bident and Crucifix of the Mad King with great scaling on both stats and the ability to be buffed with Darkmoon Blade/Dark Blade on top of that.

str/int is better for MLGS/GSoJ

just go pure faith with blessed or lightning infusion until you get lightning blade

Is sunlight straight sword good now? Initial thoughts are good.

sellsword twinblades

It was never bad. It's a fucking straight sword.

Is the WKGS a strength weapon?

Most un-infusable weapons are quality weapons by default, since they get shit for scaling past 40/40..

No, Wolf Knight is quality.

Large club

-Good weight/damage ratio
-2nd lightest GH
-GH (good HA, poise dmg)

It's going to be hard for me to shit on this, since I've used it since the beginning of days. It's simply outclassed by it's brother, the Great Club. At 2 more weight units, the GC will do have 50 or so more AR than the LC, while having an arguably better R2. They even share the same WA.

The only major difference for moveset is in the R2 between these two clubs.

I have mixed feelings about LC's R2. Oddly enough I think the the 1h version is slower on both regular and charged, but I digress. Most of the time it seems so difficult to land the attack, but sometimes it would catch an enemy at such a long distance that it would have been impossible for the GC to do.

Give it a try I suppose. Oh, some say that it has lower stamina consumption. I cannot attest to that statement but it is likely as FROM tend to scale stamina usage with weapon weight, esp if the weapon is lighter than the others.

8/10 think of it as a greatsword of the great hammers

On to Irithyll, if anyone wants to join pass is dsg.
Ps4 btw

>Saint Bident
Wasnt that trash?

Anyone willing to fulfill my fag dreams by dropping me black iron armor and a greatsword?

I must start this cosplay character correctly.

It was always underrated because it was one of the longest spears in the game and only had low AR but the infusion changes around the TRC patch buffed it greatly. On a Heavy build with 26/27 STR and 60 Faith it now reaches just over 400 pure physical AR when 2H making it one of the most stat efficient weapons for Faith due to its high scaling with Heavy. The 60 Faith also allows it to get the full benefit of every Faith buff, making it have over 600 AR. And since the nerf of the Gargoyle Flame Spear's hitbox the Bident is now the longest basic spear in Dark Souls 3, which combined with the above makes it a monster in the right hands now.

>guy gets mad at me because i play unlocked and trick him with delayed R1s with the great club

wtf man

Lemme get my Thermometer heated up.

I got mega fisted by the Fire Witches.
It lags pretty bad when we get invaders...
Is it just me?

Thrall axe

-lightest of all axes i believe. If not just light as balls
-hand axe moveset (fast startup, low recovery)
-quick step

Regrettably I havent explored this weapon enough to see how infusion (bleed n poison etc) works with this axe. I've used the hand axe extensively however, so that moveset is a definite plus.

It's so goddamn short though. Seriously, it can compete with the fuck painting guardian sword in the manlet olympics. It does, nevertheless, have quick step as its weapon art. It's really difficult to punish a good thrall axe user who knows his quickstep timing.

If you want to use the hand axe move set but with somewhat tolerable damage, find the starter hand axe and move on. There's nothing this axe offers in the damage and range department that the regular hand axe doesnt have.

Dont tell anyone I told you to do this, but get a simple weapon in the offhand and off with you with this axe.

Right, it should probably also have low stamina consumption being so light.

8/10 you're gonna piss me off if you do that on me.

Nice
My faith build us looking better and better

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Classic Fromsoft netcode.

Meta weapons are hard to shit on so I dont do them.

crescent moon sword

Holy shit I did not expect Dingodile to demolish me.
I just saw my screen shake and controller vibrate and he took me from behind...

It was actually a blessing in disguise because i forgot to send Greirat out to Irithyll. It's taken care of now.

>dying to the bone spiders in Irithyll
I've never felt such shame

>tfw I landed the BKGS Space Launch combo on a thrall axe user
>tfw it'll never happen again
>only because the combo was removed

would anyone be willing to infuse a couple of items for me? I'm too early in the game to get the gems required. ps4

It's okay if they spooked ya to death...
Whatcha need?

I'm sure the guy I'm playing with wouldn't mind. I would but I couldn't be assed to grab the coals on this playthrough.

Crescent moon sword

-Falchion moveset (unsure if r1 is gimped or scimitar speed)
-Projectile attack
-Shield pierce + magic = chip damage

The problem along with this weapon is it's deceivingly short range and terrible scaling. It's a weapon that seemingly fit a dex/int build, but one will notice that it has no int requirement, and also quite low of a scaling with that parameter. Realistically, it's a dex weapon with magic split and a projectile attack. With 45 dex and 11 int, it will have 374 AR. With 45 int and 18 dex, it will have 359 AR. It also has no scaling with STR so only minor 2h damage bonus.

The projectile on this thing had been greatly improved since launch. Now it's fast enough to punish attacks. An additional note is that you can free aim this fairly accurately, and it's range isn't too bad either. In this regard it has better utility than the MLGS projectile, though obviously the damage is remarkably lower.

I think the projectile damage is only affected by magic scaling, as my sorcerer is able to hit for roughly 200 and above in this clip

youtube.com/watch?v=WfvY3e4fl_8

though I do not remember the damage using it on my dex build.

Oh, it chips through shield like a mother. If you get good with spacing and free aiming it will be handy for finishing a defensive host

7/10 learn to free aim

Just need a corvian knife sharpened.
I've already used my sharp gem on something else. Can you sort me out?

Why are all the female hairstyles in DS2 so fucking horrible

Sure.
A specific upgrade level?

got the coal, just not the gem ;^)

I've got it at +3 but don't want it higher.

Just need to get DMB then I'll summon you at pontiff playground mate.

Go to High Wall. I got a fresh and Sharp Corvian Knife for ya.
Pass is
dsg

>Blue Spirit Patches has invaded
>Does nothing but spam warmth everywhere

Good guy

Bandit Knife

>Invade a group of bloodshades
>They do 1v1 duels with me
>Bleed them all out with a carthus rouge flamberge while they try to hit me with their carthus curved swords

Is this the power of reddit

Okies, I gotta go now. Exhausted from school and gym, and I gotta rest.
I'll be on like, all day tomorrow, so if ya need me, I'll be around.
Cheers.

Finally got around to killing SoTC, Midir and Gael
Even with how hectic midir and gael were I dont hate them as much as I hate Spear

Sounds good man, take it easy.

Anything I should improve on?

About to go into Ringed City for the first time.

Spear is only bad because its mandatory.

>Astora's Greatsword on 25/25 not Sharp infused
>Lightning Spear with Saint's Talisman at that low Faith
>between attunement softcaps

Lower Strength to 16/18, put those points into Dexterity and infuse your Astora's with Sharp. Also reallocate some Faith and Attunement into Dex or other survival stats as you aren't getting much out of that Lightning Spear or Blade at that amount.

I can agree with that

You're below the softcaps for most of your stats, so your levels are split across different things and none of your weapons will be at max power because of that. It's better to focus on ONE stat to its max than to split it across different classes.

Scaling for weapons (str/dex/fth/int) softcaps at 40, then to 80. But since strength raises when 2H, 27, 40, and 66 are better softcaps for strength.

Scaling for spells is needed all the way up to 60.

That means you should respec to either:
>27/xx/40 faith, heavy weapon with lightning blade buff
>xx/xx/60 faith, pure casting
>xx/40/40, sharp infused dex weapon with lightning blade buff
or as close to those numbers as you can get. Good stopping points for str/dex when you don't need them are 16, since a lot of weapons require that to wield.

And you should also have either 18 or 24 attunement.

Bandit's knife

-Innate bleed
-quick step
-dagger moveset (thrust on 2h good for roll catch)
-massive bleed aux effect when infused
-good for infusion except for simple/blessed

Along with quick step and high bleed it is one of the best weapon to pressure players, as well as fighting turtles. As an invader I would suggest keeping one of these in case you run into a pussy host.

The bandit's knife is unremarkable as a ripost tool. The 110 critical modifier means that it barely performs on the same level as the corvian great knife, but that one will never be used as a riposte tool period. Similarly the bandits knife shouldnt be used as such.

Bandits knife, if used as a primary weapon instead, excels at fth/int infusion (except for simple and blessed, for some reason). Still, if one where to pick between this and corvian, the latter would be the better choice from a damage/distance stand point. Ultimately the WA would be the decisive factor.

7/10 bleed some fuckers out.

Crow Quills

>stats literally all over the fucking place
Son, Mundane infusion doesn't exist in this game, you need to specialize in something.

Grant

pretty good if you're playing DS2

Is this a Berserk reference?

broken straight sword

sure why not

Thanks, dudes.

Is killing M'dear worth it?

You haven't truly beaten the DLC unless you've beaten Midir.

>Decide to do another 2 playthrough
>Haven't played since 3 came out
>Am getting my ass handed to me by basic mobs
oh boy

hardly an uncommon weapon. I can talk about rapier but not the quills
I cant say much about grant. I had it on the xbox from years ago, and I didn't play much PVP with a faith build either

Believe it or not, it's not at all a bad weapon.

Broken straight sword

-light
-early access
-broad sword moveset (longsword r1 and long range r2)
-stance
-no stamina usage at all

If you think of the broken straight sword as a straightsword, its quite garbage. If you think of it as a dagger that has straightsword moveset, it's op as hell. In fact it should be treated as such.

On average, the broken straight sword should be doing a little more than daggers on any given build and infusion. Still, the straight sword moveset is so god tier that it's impossible to do terrible with even this weapon.

Obviously since it's missing the sword part, it's got shitty range, but that's where the R2 comes in. It's even got that bloody stance WA. Paired with low stamina usage it's actually indeed quite 'broken.'

But why would you use this if you can use other swords? BAKA senpai you just got memed.

8/10 you can actually break this weapon again and make it useless

How long until this becomes Code Vein general

Morion Blade?

Pull them gradually and slowly, just like in any other Souls game.

Release day