Why is being a purist so hard?

Why is being a purist so hard?

>be me
>2004 330i 6 Speed, MTECH-1 sport package
>Debadged trunk
>Completely bone stock.
>go to community
>shit ton of modded cars
>people look at me like a unicorn because I have a clean BMW.
>people disappointed that all I have is a clean BMW.
>impressed and disappointed
>wtf.jpg
>go to local BMW meets
>people disappointed I want to keep it factory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your car is boring as hell, no one wants to look at it.

Full thing didn't post I guess.

>cont.
Literally get asked all the time what my mod path is. I get dirty looks when I say nothing and just want to keep it stock. I know my 330i isn't going to appreciate as well a fuck ton of other cars by keeping it stock, but I still have a desire to keep it factory. I feel like an outlier whenever I go to meets because I don't have crazy wheels or an exhaust or even halo lights.

Am I mad for not wanting to mod my car?

What does Veeky Forums think?

First off, a 330i E46 is literally a grandmothers car. It isn't a desirable or interesting car at all. Secondly, you absolutely did not go to any "communities" or "meets" because mod-happy douchebags are the minority, which you would know if you did any of those things. Thirdly, nobody would approach you at a meet and inquire about your shitty, dated mom car.

Shut

>330i
>not desirable
>not interesting

Literally what this is equivalent to is taking a stock Mazda 3 to a Mazda meet or taking a bare bones Civic EX to a Honda meet.

I mean, it's nice that you like your car so much you don't want to mod it and it satisfies you in its current state. But what you seem to be desiring is people to appreciate your car when it's clean and untouched. People do that for cars that are rare, like CRX Si's that are untouched. No one is going to turn their heads when another one just like it is in the Wegman's lot down the street

not an m3/10, no one will care about it except other poor bmw purists

I'm not trying to be a dick, I would buy one if I wanted one. But at car meets you are surrounded by E60 M5, E92 M3, M2, M6, exotic cars, nobody is stopping by the bone stock 330i they pass on the street every day to work, to inquire about why he didn't slam it with underglo body lights and spinning rims.

I can relate. I bought my girlfriend a bone stock mostly factory 84 K10 literally everyone tells me to to mod it.
>Bro put a lift kit in it
>Drop a big block in it
>Ls swap it
>Put a big carb on it
>Dual exhaust bro
>Cam it
And the list goes on just let my gf leave it alone with its steel rims and dog dish hub caps

True, you get a 330i to reward yourself with god-tier handling and comfy night cruises, not for validation.

Do people really feel this way over nearly 20 year old shitboxes? You'll love it when you get in an actual good handling car.

Yeah, no offense, it's a good car. But god-tier handling? Come on man, put on some nice clothes and go test drive an M2.

Welcome to Veeky Forums where people buy their first shit box and its literally better than any real performance car.

Of course I haven't driven an M2, yet.

I have driven my fair share of E46s and E90s, and it's IMO the best handling cars I have driven yet.

It's been mostly pickup trucks, SUVs, a few Accents and a Chebby Spark until now.

Car communities are by and large full of autists and boomer retards. You do you and stop hanging out with people who have a problem with what you do with your own property.

The e46 sport suspension is better than the Porsche 911 suspension of the same time period...so yea godtier

And they think FWD handles as good as RWD

semi related

I'm not into visual mods because I think they're usually too flashy, but I'm not completely opposed to them if they retain a stock feel.

I've got a few mods but they don't make my car stand out to anyone else, because they're more quality of life than visual. Sometimes I like modded cars but it's not really for me.

user, you have a beautiful and well kept car. That's all that matters.

Kinda sorta the same
I bought a riced Celica and I'm planning on returning it to stock. It's all cosmetic though so it shouldn't be a big hassle

The 330ci I owned was pretty solid in stock form, so I can't really fault you. The only thing it really lacked was an LSD. Keep it clean and enjoy it.

Some of the best cars are those that are minimally modded

I think you should make some tasteful modifications that improve the way the car works for you. It's only natural that there are certain things about a car a man might want to change.

So maybe you could try some functional mods first.

You come off as lazy and "uninitiated" into car culture if your not working on your car. The point is to show that you care for your car and spend some time on it. That's what alot of car people have in common... we spend out weekends wrenching around in the garage... even just for fun

So if you are keeping your car bone stock. It better be clean af... factory tires... extra little details to make it look factory showroom fresh

theres car culture divided into two groups

those who feel the need to change everything that is stock often only making it worse or butt-ugly and then sucking each others dicks to win validation for their abominations

and theres the people who appreciate either, a stock car kept stock and clean or a modded car that is properly done

I think you only met the first kind, which is the easiest kind to spot as they yell the loudest

So you paid for it from the manufacturer and that was it. Cool "hobby" you got there.

>I feel like an outlier whenever I go to meets because I don't have crazy wheels or an exhaust or even halo lights.
you are hanging out with ricers with ebay exhausts and fake bbs/volks
now stop going to ,,bmw fanboy meets'' and find better friends
/threading my own post

also if you drive it to work and back, theres no point of even owning bimer
if you drive it like madman, mods are kinda worth it, but dont do it for validation like retards in your area

Its just the BMW thing
The majority of BMW fans are high school dropouts and retards that would use drill to make a bigger hole for bigger piston and then think of themselves as some professional car modder
Just stay away from them

330 is persistent just a step above the base models. That's lame as fuck my dude why you think you're special

>2004
>mtech 1
Wtf?

>BMW fans
>people
That's where you went wrong. BMW drivers here are put into 2 categories: stancefag vapelords and gopnik trash. Don't associate with BMW "fans"

>go to local bmw meets
Makes sense since most bmw drivers are friendless cunts.

A BMW driver fuck your wife or something? Bimmerforums, R3vlimited, etc easily comprise the best knowledgebase of any car brand

Someone might care if it wasn't silver dude
You literally picked the most boring color for a BMW

E46s will be be classics, user

>go to faggot meets
>guys why are there faggots at these meets? i just want to not meet faggots
a retard is you

>less hp than a fiat panda

lying italinigger begone

youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E

Overtaken krautcuck

How does this make you feel user?

>overtakes traffic
amazing win for italians again! salute!

you came to this car board
you talked to the sub-humans that inhabit it
and you thought "I want to meet these people IRL"
so you went to a car meet to meet the subhumans
whom fling shit on the internet constantly
and you expected they would be decent human beings?

I think you're the one here with issues, not us

I'm sure your moms 96 corolla is plenty of fun, bus rider

based OP. fuck these underage faggots. facelift bumpers would look nice desu

>I feel like an outlier whenever I go to meets because I don't have crazy wheels or an exhaust or even halo lights.
>Am I mad for not wanting to mod my car?
No. Those meets are just for faggots.
People with actual taste have jobs and hobbies or are just in their garage wrenching on their car. Not sticking ebay lights and shit in "brah this custom ebay air filter adds like 30 HP check it out, shit I melted something again"