*gaps your WRX*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wfQ73shGGoc
youtube.com/watch?v=5LdB_9REKOk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ufmHhYBPw
youtube.com/watch?v=8DOPYZPpCPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hdj4_KRQ78w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That thing almost fucked on M3s.. it was well deserving of the "ACR" nameplate usually found on Vipers.

always had a soft spot for skittles. they aren't too safe though. i've seen a few pictures of them absolutely destroyed, nearly split in half after a crash

*makes 300whp @24psi*

>skittles
i don't get it.
>i've seen a few pictures of them absolutely destroyed, nearly split in half after a crash
holy shit that makes me want them even more.

ross dress for less is actually the exact place i would expect an srt-4 owner to hang out in/around.

*it's still a neon*

I really want a Neon SRT-4 so I can debadge it, get a really good aftermarket muffler for quiet sound but good performance, and just destroy kiddies in their stock WRX's.

t. busrider

Do these even exist anymore, or did they all explode?

They were common around here until the past few years when kids in highschool wrecked or blew them all up

I kinda assumed that

>angry eye headlights

@ me next time

>gaps
does anyone outside of south auckland say this?

t wrx owner

I wish i had a WRX.

i also wish this. i hope it will be a reality come summertime

Cool cars, unfortunately they're one of the main targets for Cali "tuner" beaner-esque ricing.

The first gen neons dominated the autox scene. At 150hp and 2500lbs they had a decent power to weight ratio even by modern standards. 20 years later and Mazda is claiming those power levels as "revolutionary".

Get a Mazda Speed6. It's still one of the best sleepers out there.

Guys, the Fiat 500 Abarth is the spiritual successor to the neon srt 4 and its cheaper to find a clean one.

Just listen to this fucking thing
youtube.com/watch?v=wfQ73shGGoc

I actually want one of these it's sort of my guilty pleasure

This. There's literally no good ones left and they're STILL overvalued. Literally the only car I can say with confidence that there are actually 100% no unmolested ones left.
inb4 CRX
not even close

*is the same car with a better gearbox and even more sleeper*

This or the Abarth are great replacements for the SRT-4 Get them while they are cheap

The Fiat has a little faggot engine and sounds like shit. Muh factory str8pipes.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LdB_9REKOk

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ufmHhYBPw

The irony. Recently, people have begun to build Neons into monsters. There are a couple in DFW pushing over 600hp and they run like raped apes. Absolutely destroy Hellcats and shit.

There is no greater embarassment. To be beaten by "just a Neon" is the ultimate insult to one's honor. It shames your entire lineage.

>T. busrider

not really. if i got beat by one id just be like, good for him. like if i dropped a dollar on the ground and some homeless dude dives in and grabs it and runs away.

Naw. Got a 1.8 which is emasculating enough. there's no reason to drive a 1.4 even if it's a Harley. If you drive a Fiat you'll be on the bus a lot as you go to and fro the dealership.

my ex had an abarth. gayest car in the universe. id rather ride the bus.

>Fiat 500 Abarth is the spiritual successor
Not by a long shot lol, the SRT4 was one of the fastest 4banger shitboxes of its time out for blood on cars way above its class and even AWD shitboxes. the only thing the abarth has in common is its FWD with a turbo but the mindset of trying to live up to the ACR marque definitely isn't there. id say the new Civic Type R is the closest to a spiritual successor at least in terms of trying to hit as hard as possible with FWD (and it does a fine job of it) with the added addition that its a 4-door like the Neon.

You say that, but imagine you went out and bought a Hellcat brand new, or have been modifying a WRX to push 500 to all four wheels. Imagine you're out on the highway and this queer Neon with no front bumper and a shitty wrap pulls up next to you. Imagine hearing those three honks, so sure there isn't a chance in hell of this shitbox beating you, and then it jumps on you like you're driving a Civic and you can't keep up no matter what you do.

Imagine losing to what, by all appearances, should be dead in a junkyard after being abused for 250k miles by some college girl.

That isn't being beat, that's being humiliated. I have watched these Neons run off people in R35s, 458 Italias, and built street diesel trucks. Every time, they leave and never come back.

It's like watching banter wars on /pol/ and the Neon drivers are Australian.

Don't forget about her younger and slightly chunkier and butch sister. Even at a little over 3000lbs and 280hp it would still eat a GTI or R from a roll.

*overtakes you*

*makes 38 pounds of boost and lights up tires in 3rd on the highway while spitting fireballs*

*outperforms your Miata and BRZ on the track*

*runs 11.4 second 1/4 mile while costing 40/month to insure and being invisible to police*

Doubt it

no really, id be like, cool man. i mean, its still a neon.

i see fast af cars at the drag strip all the time. people in 80k 12s cars that could just as easily be driving 80k 8s cars, but don't. because they dont want to drive a fucking pos. some people might get booty blasted, sure, but most people would just be like, cool, glad i dont have to drive that pile of shit around all day.

*causes trigger*

I came here to post this. They're cheaper too, just not as appealing to the eyes

nobody cares how fast your neon is, it's still a terrible car.

>PTGT
The ultimate saltmobile

Looks like it destroys GTI's and can keep up/beat a Golf R. Not bad for a 10+ year old shitbox.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DOPYZPpCPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hdj4_KRQ78w

If I drove a "performance" car that shared an engine with a pt loser aka the worst car ever made I would off myself.

>overtakes you

The PT GT suffer from way more issues, mostly from it's design rather than what it shared from the Neon platform.

That's the ugliest neon I've ever seen.

That's a pretty aggressive looking Neon. I like it.

We have a wrx wagon. Monsters most things on the road still.

Cruiser weights a lot more iirc. It's a nice car, used to drive one for two years.

>worst car ever made
Confirmed for never driven any car. It's ugly by most standarts and it's 00's chrysler but still not even close to being the worst desu it isn't even that bad. Is comfy, roomy as fuark and handles ok for what it is. It's just the looks you can't handle kiddo

Pic related

>i don't get it.
that's because it's an oldfag street term for the cars and you're a busrider.

FUCK OFF FALCUNT

Is it 2004 again, holy shit. Noone even remembers what the fuck this POS even is while everyone still sucks the WRX's flavored vape cock.

Wrong. They don’t really have many issues at all, assuming you stay on top of maintainance. They go through outer tie rod ends and front wheel bearings faster than they should but other than that they just have your standard 10+ year old Chrysler issues that are pretty easy to live with (minor electrical gremlins, interior rattles, lots of road noise, etc).

They are about 3150lbs stock. Mine is 2952 with full interior since I’ve got lighter wheels and suspension bits and things. For track days it is down to 2794 since the rear seats and spare tire come out.

its sad how thing ended up

Does it come with a LSD stock though?

> thing
things fuck

Blocks your path

No, it's not wrong. Mid 2000s FCA products are absolute dogshit when it comes to reliability. If it wasn't for the fact that the Neon SRT4 was handled by a different team altogether, it wouldve been a huge pile of shit. The PT GT was literally a base PT cruiser with the srt4s engine and transmission (upgraded) and newer suspension bits. The car was absolute dogshit ontop of being a pos FCA product. Dont delude yourself.

*overtakes your WRX around a corner*

*electrical system fails after the corner*
nothin personnel, satan

never had any problems with my abarth

who is this semen demen?

that's not common

ANGERY

the 2012 version and the 2013 had issues, I am driving a 2016 and no problems except my brakes are already shot after 6.7k miles