/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #879 - Almost Dead Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VERDtbjPYK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is it about the Sonic Boom cartoon?

NO MORE GODS
NO MORE GRAVES

Blaze is nice and cute and the only reason I still have a DS.

choose one
and i mean (1)

In Battle, Amy talks about Emerl being her and Sonic's "pratice" baby. Kind of weird to be honest. Does Amy even know where babies come from?

You didn't link the previous thread. Stupid edgy rat!

2 is a lot better than 3.

neither
Gameplay from Shadow
Settings and characters from Shadow

DMC3 easily, SMT gameplay isn't that interesting on it's own. Though I'd play a SMT game with Sonic gameplay.

Fuck Tailsfags
Fuck Silverfags
Fuck Amyfags
Fuck Freedom Fighterfags
Fuck Adventurefags
Fuck (You)

I
AM
ALL
OF
ME

Amy's characterization in Sonic Battle is very frequently criticized because it's played up to a degree that she's depicted as downright psychotic.

Pretty much nobody likes it.

I hope that Forces bombs hard, and every single review has 'rehash' in the title. That is the ONLY way IIzuka will get the message. The only way. Otherwise, we will get 5 more years of Green Hill, Chemical Plant, basically Generations over and over again.

I was worried i wouldn't be included but you clutched it out in the end.

Give me Ratchet and Clank tone (Hell, Deadlocked's could work too if you really wanna ramp up the edge. Came out the same year as Shadow iirc), weapons, and writing with Shadow and you got a deal

What's the happiest and saddest Sonic has ever gotten you?

>Literally skips eating

I hear Battle's got a good story mode but the fuck

DMC, easily. Turn-based anything never works as well with anything Sonic-related.

I choose this one

I think your opinion is gay and I don't want to associate with it for fear that, as you force it down my throat, I will be infected with its sexually transmitted diseases.

Who would be the Org 13 equivalent? How about Lingering Sentiment?

atta boi

SUSUSUDDIOO.
youtube.com/watch?v=VERDtbjPYK0

>I want a Sonic game SEGA put money into to bomb a couple of years after they lost a shit ton of money
No. I'm tired of rehashes too, but I do not want Forces to bomb because of it. That's ridiculous imo.

>not & Knuckles

Come on, user.

>Literally wears over 200lbs of training weights at all times under her clothes.
>The only reason she can't keep up with Sonic is because she is literally always training her body so that she will one day be able to corner him.

Everything except Amy.

I promise.

We've had this exact same convo come up in other threads and these two posts are always together. Quit fucking samefagging.

Thanks doc

There doesn't need to be equivalents to those. Those are characters. The only thing we're taking from KH is the gameplay, which means the Action RPG elements and the fast, flashy, hack-and-slash like combat.

This is Maroon Saloon.

Amy gets the worst treatment in that game. She constantly passes out (due to her not eating), Rouge kicks her ass, she hallucinates Sonic fighting with her, Sonic makes her close her eyes just so he can run away from her, etc. Whoever wrote her in this game had it out for her.

worse
>no smirk status on Knuckles

this is dust hill

Sonic 2's level artwork was the lamest of the Classic games

Iizuka should be casting Agi.

Can we also get a mix of styles for the OST?
To be fair, you could say that about just about every conversation. These threads loop about every week or two

And THIS IS.

Amy is on the skinny side as it is, so it's pretty terrible that she believes she has to lose weight for Sonic in Battle.

I like brekkist's Amy.

You're forgetting how bad some of the Sonic 1 art was.

he does that and steal turns

desert palace
THIS is desert dazzle

you take that back, WOOD ZONE is the best.

Welcome to the wonderful world of anorexia.

>brekkist's drawing sonic again
feels good
also, Miscon's Blaze looks pretty nice

Sonic 1 had less levels, it honestly bats a higher average than a lot of the generic tropes that Sonic 2 had

I can't say Wood Zone looks unfinished because it was

but Dazzle Novak is right here.

>Sonic will one day be chased into a corner by a rabid amy, only to realize she is rocking a rock hard 6 pack and can bench press 30x his weight

HOLY FUCK
is that nack?

Which one of you faggots is gonna be the one to Taxman us up a Sonic Battle 2?

Not it.

and this is GENSIDE CUTTAH zone.
with

hidden Rugal.

She's self conscious about the effects of puberty.
Some girls are just like that.

Then how about you beg for Mania to bomb as well?

no, that's going to be the guy doing the Hack Suite
Taxman would do Fighters even before Battle anyways

Everything's riding on Forces now to be good isn't it? What would make it not be good?

with knuckls

How did they get away with this?

Too bad. Forces is going to outsell Mania by a ton. Get fucked.

>Mania keeps the autistic Genesis controls
Literally my only complaint with Mania. The ridiculous dead zone to the controls and the input eating shouldn't be showing up in 2017

This was the early SEGAGAGAGA on the dreamcast. By the way, what makes him different from Sonic? SegaSonic vs Sonic.

>get to mach 3
>two meters away from emerald
>lose by time over with rings right in front of me

>sidesteps

WHOA THIS GUY'S FASTER THAN SONIC

>wavedashes

WHOA THIS GUY'S EVEN FASTER THAN SONIC

I think Sonic Mania is broken.

I wouldn't say everything's riding on Forces, but Forces bombing could really do some damage to SEGA..

Yeah, the 2000s was pretty hit or miss for Amy. She had a great moment in SA2 & was mostly fine in Heroes, but her in Rush, Battle & X did her no favors. Thankfully from Unleashed on, she's been much better.

Gotta hype up the little shit somehow.

Battle makes Amy come across insecure when she's usually confident.

What if you took Metal Sonic
And gave him Infinite's mask?

What is this facial expression trying to convey?

I'm honestly baffled at how successful Mania has been doing critically. I expected people to be more lukewarm to it, but nearly every reviewer has been doing nothing but praising the game. Maybe because so many people are they feel the need to do so themselves, because seeming Contrarian won't help people agree to your opinion. Even the "Sonic Was Never Good" or "Sonic Has A Bad Fanbase" asshats have to praise it

It's really going to suck if Forces blows it all up when we have it to thank for Mania in the first place. Maybe a miracle can happen, but Sonic Team since Adventure have never made a game where they didn't feel the need to fuck it up somehow

Also I want to know is Ristar part of the Sonic universe but as a cosmic entity

Infinite is what happened to the Super Emeralds. He is literally the chaos energy inside them made melded together and made flesh. That or he's a super villain who was locked away into the void of time like the Eggmen were at the end of Generations.

Looks like mild surprise while in the middle of blinking.

Didn't she hallucinate fighting Rouge cause she over excreted herself with her Boxercize thing?

Or he's Buddy.

Let's go with "He's Buddy."

Sonic Team hasn't deliberately fucked up any games, it's almost always been SEGA pushing them to do something retarded with their release window. Even 2006 was pretty much all a product of a rushed release and probably would have been salvageable if it had actually been finished.

I like that too, fuck my idea.

wood

aoki6311 draws the nicest Blaze though I appreciate any of the ones that don't go off model

would you?

What was the point of Mecha Sonic anyways?
He wasn't actually all that sonic like considering. He was huge, and the only thing he had in common was that he could move somewhat quick and spindash. But so could those weird armadillo badniks you see in the early games.

06 is fucked from a design standpoint.
It could be the most polished game ever made, but the core level design, progression and plotting is abysmal.

>it could be the most polished game ever made

Explain.

Yeah, it was pretty crazy.

reminder Ristar's "dad" in the western release is not canon

Formerly Aquatic Ruin zone.

He was Metal Sonic's prototype.

No glitches anywhere, everything works exactly as intended, amazing graphics and controls for its time, no load times.

The design elements, things that have nothing to do with the game getting cut off early, are the biggest problem with the game.

The boss fights are terribly designed.
The stages are terribly designed.
The story is terribly designed.
The mission system is terribly designed.
The hub is terribly designed.

You would have to completely redesign the game to make it good.

Confusion?

Eh, Forces seems to be doing pretty decently for itself so far in terms of reception. Destructoid mentioned that Forces controls pretty well, & (according to Wikipedia) sites like Twinfinite & Kotaku also gave good reviews for Forces coming out of E3. Saying it plays like a smoother Generations & that the gameplay styles are fun to play as, but needs more polish.

I think that in the end, Forces will be considered to be a solid game, but just one that doesn't match up to Mania.

>Ristar Mania never

Ah, I gotcha. Like if it was polished and fixed from all of the technical and emchanical standpoints.... everything else would still be horrible in every sense.

I hope they patch in a way to be able to glide with Knuckles without turning Super.

If Amy gets fat, she probably couldn't chase after Sonic anymore.

You lie, Ristar does have a Daddy-o.

How many times has Amy mistaken random hedgehogs as Sonic?
It happens so often, I feel like he could just set up a Sonic scarecrow and fool her.

i wanna try to draw my oc but i dont have a tablet
i do have pic related tho (Colors 3D) but i havent used it much
anyone else use it?

3, although 2 of them happened at night & 1 was actually Sonic. Poor girl needs glasses.