/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Used Goods Edition

>Booru
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/frontierDefense (WIP)
syampuuh.github.io/mods (now updated!)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>Titanfall Assault Guild
Just search for tfg. Look for the Apex patch.

>News
FNN 17: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
Operation Frontier Shield patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rq_nQcbNthM
my.mixtape.moe/uvgbgq.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME
vimeo.com/178726453
youtu.be/DFx12VoXAIA?t=11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for bullying

>bullying best boy
D E L E T

traps are gay
neo-tfg is slow
discord was a mistake
tf1 > tf2

howdy Frothy

fifth for yuropoors BTFO

hi sw

>run some sweet matches with tfg
>projectile and bullshit loadouts all night with nonstop highjinks
>every death feels like it was legit or some sweet rnjesus
>decide to do some pub before bed
>back to hitscan bs and and spitfire snipers
Why can't more people just have fun and run around while they play? What's the point of staying still in this game and shooting from a fucking chest high wall all day?

no bully

stop being angsty you silly aussie

the world only has room for one kihota

>watching titanfall streamer
>game after game after game just sitting on a roof with hemlok
>near launch, so before hemlok nerf
>just standing there one-bursting pilots
>ask him if this gets boring
>"not if it gets me kills, no."

these people are fucking lowly animals whose pleasure circuits are stuck in rat-tier stage. their brains are literally slow, user. there's no saving them.

less than 3

because the game panders to gays
btw ps4fags I uploaded one of the civil war matches here
youtu.be/Rq_nQcbNthM

OI

It's a special network. Search for Less Than Three in the networks, it's the one with no tag.

Also that's PC only, no idea if conslows have anything similar.

my.mixtape.moe/uvgbgq.webm

IM BETAH

OI

Return to your containment server.

no

am i the only one that prefers titanfall 1?

Frothy has fifty four thousand subscribers

I prefer the gunplay of Titanfall 1. Also the aesthetic (except for the colors) was nicer, it was more hard sci-fi.

g50 isn't that impressive desu

I preferred the titan combat, gunplay, map design, and aesthetic of titanfall 1. TF2 has some good ideas but also a lot of really bad ones that make the game worse.
The vast majority of Frothy's subscribers never played TF1.

I take issue with calling it "hard" scifi. Grounded or gritty would be better words. t. Guy who pretty much exclusively reads hard scifi

I recorded it because the oi came in perfectly when I was just casually menu hopping

This, "hard" scifi would mean realistic scifi.

You ever read Blindsight?

No, but it's fairly high up my list. Someone on /k/ recomemnded it a while back and the premise seems very interesting.

the only thing tf2 did better was have skins, and that doesnt even matter

That very well could have been me lol. it's not for everyone but its my all time favorite science fiction novel

I feel that for the next game they should let you pick/ unlock a camo pattern but be able to choose the colours yourself, so ypu don't have as many redundant options. Or alternatively have an adaptive camo option that colours your equipment based on map (desert, woodland, arctuc etc) for muh immurshun.
Yeah man, it looks cool. I haven't been reading as much as I'd like recently but I'm hoping to get round to it soon.

Regenerating thread.

Are you me? Top tier book.

Does anyone have a gif/webm/link of ion using his prime execution where it glitches and he gets his core?

It would happen if someone left the game as he uses the core in the animation.

Out of curiosity and the desire to improve my gameplay; what's your controller setup?
Obviously your sensitivity is higher than usual but what look type do you use and how'd you map your buttons?

Seconding this, I'd really like to know your sensitivity settings.

I actually do, but you called Ion a guy three times so I'm not posting it.
>:^)

;^(

How do I get good? This game goes way too fast for me.

Practice movement in a private server. Get comfortable with chaining wallruns together, learn to slidehop, and over all practice moving around each map smoothly learning routes.
Once you got all that down figure out what weapon you feel most comfortable with and then just learn to play to your strengths.

All the really good players have a really strong sense of map awareness and movement to give them an optimal advantage against their opponents.

Alright thanks. Should I play pilots vs pilots to really strengthen my map awareness and maneuverability?

no, that will have tons of cod-kiddies camping picking you off from across the map, and you need to experience being chased by titans too

Just bought Titanfall 2 for PS4. Quick question: what's current the file size? Including install and all the post-release patches. I'm running low on HD space so i'd like to know how much space i need to clear up.

like 30gb i think?

Wow, that's that low? Even with all the new content patches?

My info says 53.17 GB.

Cool, last question, should I be practicing with the grappling hook?

probably. watch this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME

It's worse live fire. You can learn just as much and more in attrition. Titan play and counterplay are more important. Brawl will teach you more than PvP.

Unrelated to that question, but make sure you customize your controls to allow at least jumping without having to take your thumb off either stick, better yet both jumping and crouching so you can airstrafe while you slidehop. I have my jump set to L1 and crouch to L3, for example.

Is Ultimate worth $40?

>Muh granadiers are 1 hit kill if youre precise
Or 2 hit kill with splash damage. EPG kills with two. They're as gay as shitscan.

stahp

>doom the heck out of a titan on frontier defense
>friendly northstar turns my way

I am so happy someone made this.

>heck
Woah buddy watch your language

So what's everyone doing this weekend?

Discord link in steam group is fucked, gimme working link plox.

I use the evolved layout except I put tactical on L2 and ads on x since I never use it
sensitivity is 4 with the steady response curve, I don't ads so that sensitivity doesn't really matter but I set it to 5 when I messed around with the kraber and that seemed the most comfortable and in that case I just go back to evolved so I can scope with it
one weird quirk is because of that setting in titans I turn quicker zoomed in than not, but it actually helps with stuff like legion long range mode
overall it's really a matter of getting comfortable moreso than what you're using, I use steady cause that was the default in the tech test and what I got used to
but during that I did go through the different sensitivities to find a good enough balance, along with practicing movement and getting used to the unorthodox layout in the gauntlet before the game proper came out
I use a completely unmodified PS4 controller also, don't fall for the dumbass paddle meme or stick extenders or whatever

I don't think you should, learning movement with grapple will make you rely on it for fast
Use a tactical other than stim/grapple as you learn, and once you're comfortable going fast without it you can add it to go even faster

Not unless you want more prime models, skins, 2xp tokens and free credits. All the extras you're paying for you can unlock for free.

>Ronin is closing the gap to your doomed Titan

surprised at how much I'm enjoying the campaign in tf2 so far. typically, I don't have the patience.

but wow, that part where you need to scale the platform turned on it's side... it made me feel sick. other than that, navigating that factory and the whole feel of that level was pretty amazing.

Nothing :(

Working...

Requesting entrance into the Xbox Network, GT is SatoshiGekkouga.

practice going fast in the singleplayer obstacle course as well
once you start beating the ghosts, you'll see the new ghost do some crazy shit and be like HOW DO I DO THAT

understand the relationship between your mobility actions and maintaining speed
>sliding gives you a short burst out of a normal sprint, and maintains high speed if you hit the ground out of the air/a wallrun. however, sliding twice in a row on a flat surface will kill your momentum
>wallrunning is key to non-grapple related speed. touch-and-go, bounce between walls as fast as you can to stay relatively fast but don't be afraid to keep wallrunning one wall if there's nothing to jump to and the ground won't take you anywhere yet
>if you jump off of a wall mid-run, you cannot re-attach to it unless curves or angles ahead of you. the only way to re-attach is to hit the ground or bounce off of a nearby separate wall
>don't always use your doublejump, if you're approaching the ground hard it's better to drop like a brick and slide fast than doublejump and lose a chunk of your downwards momentum. of course, if you're trying to reach an adjacent rooftop or something then go ahead
>you can crouch midair. this is how you set up slides without having to time it, though you can essentially jump+slide to bunnyhop and keep slide momentum several times in a row
>crouching midair is also your key for flying into buildings at mach 5 and either scaring the shit out of a R-201 phaseshitter or bursting out the other side like some kind of metal facehugger on crack

pic related demonstrates a little

>Stim
more like turbo shitter lmao

i main holo you big bully, let me fast in peace

Unearned fast will always earn you bully

You can unlock prime skins for free?

Nope. TF1 had better maps and I preferred the titan customisation compared to the pre-built titans in 2. Too much of TF2 seems to be built around controlling what the player can do, scaling back the possibilities and removing power from them.

Frontier Defence is the only reason I'm still playing.

No. Pay 2 win only.

>he changed the name
>still gets his shit blown inside out by user

>yfw core
>[internal song that intensifies]

vimeo.com/178726453

Hah jokes on you I already have a paddle controller in the mail. My controller is dying fast and I got a deal for only $20 more. Things are pretty similar otherwise and I've been thinking of raising my sensitivity for a while. I have ord on L2 cause I love throwing stars and melee on r3 as a panic, which gives mixed results.
Looking at this webm and reading this post makes me realize that war games might be the new best map for training.

>mfw Smart Core activated
youtu.be/DFx12VoXAIA?t=11s

TF1 was the better overall game with so much of its great assets wasted in TF2. I enjoy a lot of the Pilot models in TF2, but I want the much more coherent Militia vs IMC appearance versus the incredibly shallow customization they introduced.

I think the only real aspect TF2 has over TF1 is the preset Titan loadouts. Yeah, sheer customization for Titans is great and all, but I understand the need to balance things out first. I shudder to think if they allowed for Stryders with something like Flame Shield, 40mm Powershot, etc. Only real downside is that they didn't at least introduce more ways to customize the TF2 Titans that actually suited them. IE Legion could use a Predator Cannon that was fed from a huge drum on his back at the cost of speed and being even more vulnerable, Ion gets a beam rifle that fires a continuous shot that steadily ramps up damage.

Maybe with all the unused and new stuff in Assault, TF3 will be much more varied.

>Legion could use a Predator Cannon that was fed from a huge drum on his back
>Shoot anything that's not an ally to build core nonstop
Nigga that'd break the game more than a stryder with flame shield.

It was just a quick weapon idea that suited Legion that didn't break away from SUSTAINED AGGRESSIVE COUNTERFIRE. Theoretically give it unlimited ammo but limit it by the need to manage built-up heat like the L-Star. Overheat would be significantly worse than reloading the standard Predator Cannon. Then again, I'm biased to hulking tanks and gatling guns, it just comes off as silly to have a gatling cannon with baby-sized magazine.

So what are the most effective titans to pick in FD? I liked the idea of doing support stuff as Monarch but her aegis upgrades seem really underwhelming, and on harder difficulties it seems more about just blowing up titans as fast as humanly possible.

Ronin and Scorch.

It really depends on the map, I feel. Legion is great on corridor levels, but tight urban environments make him a lot less effective.

Scorch is pretty great in cities though, levels that bunch up lots of titans are cake for him.

I've seen people do well with Ronin, but they seem to have lower survival rate.

Monarch is good with missile racks for picking off infantry, area siphon for mass shield gain and superior chassis to have 17,500 health and be unstoppable.

Northstar and Legion are really good Titans as they can shoot through allies to hit enemies so you can sit at the back near the Harvester and still hit enemies from afar.

Is the regen pilot kit any good?
I've never bothered with it before but after all the cod sniping I'm thinking it might be helpful to have.

I guess it could save you from that occasional embarrassing moment where you beat an enemy pilot but a grunt finishes you off. I find that the standard health regen is already fast enough that I don't need to use a kit for it though. That said I've never really used it either.

scorch

>tfg claims to be better than rddt
>exclusively pubstomps and circlejerks while not participating in organized tournaments
almonds activated

We've only entered one tournament and we got first place. We won a hundred bucks, but we don't see many Titanfall supported tournaments.

I'm sure reddit has some but we don't go there. Maybe you can tell us.

>tfg claims to be good
>uses crutch shit like the Cancer War and noobtube guns like epg

>entered exactly 1 (one) tournament a long time ago
>relevant at all to the present
reddit is literally the only place you'll find skilled players actually organizing anything
you can't bitch about the boogeyman in the ocean when you refuse to leave your puddle in the first place

That implies Reddit has any skilled players. I feel we could win another tournament, but we don't have any inclination to browse reddit.

>bluh bluh stryder flame shield
Why do you idiots always make this retarded ass argument? Just because hero titans get broken bullshit gimped by other parts of their kit doesn't mean they would just slap the old system in there.

What's the point of the advocate network? Does it help in matchmaking?

eject, duh.

Because that's one fucking facet of the god damn Titan loadout clusterfuck and every TF1 apologists wants that back. We can all default to Tone-Stryder build meta if it fucking pleases you.