Why aren't these selling in the US?

Why aren't these selling in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/subaru/subaru-brz/
carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/scion/scion-fr-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're autistic squared they sell these at every major toyota dealer ship

Because they are priced too high for the target demographic.

It's not a crossover

You're the autistic one who can't pick up on basic language patterns. OP is asking why they aren't selling well, not if they are available to be bought in the US

Example "starting" price in Canada is 29,990 leaf bucks. So basically 30 grand before all the "muh destination" charges and shit. I'm not looking at 30 grand worth of car there.

How much car are you looking at?

If it were 25 I'd put it on my test drive list next time I buy a car.

They're selling like soycakes in Canada. Rich Asian kids get these as graduation presents and boomers love them. Most dealerships can barely keep them in stock. I see at least 20 most days even in winter. A lot of people have them as a 2nd vehicle.

You're paying for the weight and the chassis. If you don't care about these then there's much better options otherwise you don't got much of a choice.

>options
That's the thing. The higher you can go on the sticker price the more options you have. This thing is priced beside things like the Civic Si and the Eco Boost Mustang, and Small crossovers with some options checked off. And of all the cars in question this is probably the least comfy daily.

A civic Si is way faster its ridiculous.

Plus the SI is a premium trim level. So it's already fully loaded for a little bit more than the cost of a bare bones 86. And it's a Sedan so your friends in the back will thank you for getting it instead.

My friend thought about getting this car but he looked over it because "It's not a Supra..."

Toyota doesn't even have Android/Apple car play so why would anyone buy an 86 instead of the BRZ?

Probably because they are at production capacity and there is a waiting list, so Toyota prioritise better markets.

well the new supra won't be a supra either, so i wouldn't hold out.

Costs too much for those that want them and is too close in cost to better options. The price is $26k when the value is around $18k.

Look at what IS selling in the US, trucks and crossovers, the Toybaru is neither. It is a niche market car at best in the states.

Those sub-compact crossovers are getting mighty popular.. I have no idea why. Literally any hatch back offers more cargo space than those things.

I don't think most people that buy these really care about performance. They'll never drift it or take it to the track or twisties. They buy it for it's sexy looks and the fact that it's supposed to be fun to drive. The Si might be faster but the 86's still outnumber them 10-1.

Like I said if you don't care about the weight or chassis there's better options.

>it's looks
it's looks scream soy boy. Unironically.

The i3 is soyboy.

Pretty much all 2 door non-muscle cars are soyboy/beta orbiter. I was a young beta once..and I liked 2 door cars... Now that I'm older and know better I want a car that is fun to drive but also suits the needs of a family man.
>b-but the I3 is a 3 door
That little piece of crap...that's your door. The other 2 doors are for your wife and the bull.

>having a kid at 18

Lmao, you've fucked up retard

because America hates cars

Too expensive for target demographic
People typically dont buy sportscars especially 2 doors

Because having a phone is for soyboys and the sound system sucks anyway.

>having a phone is for soyboys
Fuck off grandpa

TOO Slow for what it is and with V8 options of domestic cars available...

Jokes on you when I walked in to my office this morning I walked into a discussion about how to tune phones in such a way as to make people want to talk to their virtual girlfriends more in order to collect data at a faster rate. [funder redacted] loves it and just added another year of funding.

BOI

Jokes on you I have a real gf and an adblocker

It's not for ads m8. Money is just the side game.

Does anyone have sales figures, or is this just another O B S E S S E D thread?

for a small niche sporty car, they've been selling pretty well

carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/subaru/subaru-brz/
carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/scion/scion-fr-s/

They don't exist to make a massive profit. It's Toyota's attempt at brand image maintenance. Most sports cars are just there to make old people feel like they'll somehow benefit from it in their angry prius or crossover when they're in the dealership.

Global sales of the 86 are fine. Look at this chart from 2014. Now there are over 100000 86/BRZs that have been produced.

It's doing better than a lot of other sporty cars.

Is the BMW m2 a soycar?

You know it's not.

Or pic related Audi perhaps

Because it's a sports car but doesn't have 16 GORILLION BALD EAGLE POWER!

Because racer bois under 30 cant afford new cars.

That's OK. It keeps the insurance pleasantly low for those of us old enough to buy a toy.

They can if they're smart and go to trade school. The trade school parking lots here are filled with Subaru's and brotrucks.. Or have fun with that liberal arts alternative gender degree.

they'd be smarter if they went to school for engineering and could buy that car in cash. don't act like all of those subarus and trucks aren't on 10% loans

Not many want a tiny niche underpowered overpriced clown car?

All the guys I know that went to engineering school are working shit ass jobs because the field is oversaturated. Meanwhile chad is getting paid to hold a roll of wire while working towards his journeyman ticket. A $10k loan on a truck is better than paying off a $60k education for the rest of your life.

Sitting the stealership and listening to the other customers discuss loans made my head spin. They mainly sold Jeeps and things like that.

My dude was like
>wait wut
>you want to buy it right now?
>you're not going to sit here and argue all afternoon about another $500 off or else you'll walk?
>you sure you only want a 2yr loan? Let me get you quotes for longer ones too...

what kind of engineers do you know. my buddies in electrical/computer/polymer engineering were recruited out of college

Different kinds mostly computer shit. Alot of them try to get into the o/g sector but that's not happening now, The ones that did manage to get in have been laid off. The big engineers that used to be making good money are now earning less than minimum wage. There's easier and more stable careers out there.

I hope they dont listen to the busriders and boiracers and never add a turbo/super charger to it
I want something NA to build upon

What the actual fuck? Where do you live? I can get a brz here for a minimum of 28k if I manage to get the car down to invoice price or 30k with PDI/freight and even fucking 13% tax included.

An FI FT86 would be a higher trim level anyway because there will always be demand for sporty cars at a lower price point.

not cuckified soyboy friendly

expensive, ugly, not practical for most people, limited by range and charging station locations.
it's meant for young people with shitloads of disposable income, a massive silicon valley market. not so much for your average family or even average guy who can't just drop 40 grand on what's basically a cool corolla.

oh shit my bad I didn't fullsize the pic and thought that was a tesla, I am retard

he fell for it

Cuz kids nowadays rather play games on their cell phone and fuck girls/boys then drive.

Muscle cars looks scream nu-males, your point?

>gets called out for being a retard
>i-i-i was merely p-pretending
Every single time.

Everyone who wants one, has one.

Not sure if this is a clever jab at how shit the 86 is

Traps are real people too.

*Everyone who wants one and can afford one already has one
>tfw poorfag

You’re a fucking tool if you let cars define you
Have fun getting divorced at 20 years of age faggot

You sound really clueless and uneducated
Keep telling yourself your shitty blue collar job will be enough for you in 20 years

Thats what I meant.
>tfw have shitbox

Because the Japanese car manufacturers fell for the """"enthusiast crowd"""" meme. The so called enthusiast crowd is poorfag benchracer central. They screamed and cried for the BRZ/GT86 for over ten years and got exactly what they asked for, and are not buying it because:

>They are dirt poor and can't afford $300 a month for a new car and will wait 20 years to buy this when it's the new 3k Civic, but the same faggots just dropped another $5500 on some bullshit gaming PC.

and/or

>Are going to buy some American muscle car meme shitbox that will fall apart at 61k miles and goes faster in a straight line, is heavy, and has dogshit handling.

And that's pretty much it. The BRZ/86 are two of the best handling, most fun cars ever made. They weigh only 2700 pounds while everything else is some pigfat 4500 pound monster. And they are infinitely customizable and can easily make 450HP on the motor (just ask Crawford Performance).

I hope all of the Jap manufacturers pull a Mitsubishi and just make shitty Crossovers/SUVs for fat white women and give the """"enthusiast"""" community the big fat black cock slapping across their mouths they deserve.

>paying $65k for a car
>FWD bias / understeer / hairdresser's car

Choose one and only one.

>trade schools
>smart

Choose one. When I see a white tradesman I consider him an honorary non-white. If you have to get a blue collar job you are stupid, poorly educated, risk averse, shortsighted, and an all around failure. Most women I know make more many than any tradie scum fuck, and their women (which infers tiny brains and zero capacity for logical thinking)

>only 2700 pounds

I really love how the miata look like the happiest thing in the world despite the angry headlights.

More true then we'd like. They could add a turbo for 5k but that would cannibalize WRX sales so subie won't let them.

sportscars are dying

I bought one. It's been 4 years to the day since I've owned it. Fantastic car. I plan on keeping it forever

2700 pounds isn't even light. It's only relatively light compared to some other cars. Hell a civic si is only 2800. If the brz was like 25 or 2600 you'd have something but it doesn't

It's light by modern standards. Your only other choices for something lighter are a Miata or a Lotus. rwd's are typically heavier than fwd's so technically the Civic is fat.

FWD coupes are almost always going to be lighter than a RWD layout.

The 86 is the lightest rwd fixed roof car you can buy for under 50k. I would say that's pretty light.

Get some lightweight 16" wheels, remove the spare tire, and install a lightweight battery and you start getting pretty close to 2,6XXlbs.

It's not, angry- just smug.

This, all things considered it's actually selling very well

I think some people push to buy RIGHT NOW if they subconsciously know they're making a terrible decision, it's a "quick before I change my mind" thing

Prolly, but I got the impression he was just surprised to make a sale that easy, since all I really wanted to do was see if it was in good condition check and take it for a quick spin. One of the more humorous moments came from this one group of customers who were there for ages and didn't seem to be able to grasp how loans worked and their guy finally lost it and basically told them to take the deal or get out and if they came back tomorrow they would get a worse deal.

And they still didn't get it
>hmmmm let me check my phone
>should we see what else is on the lot first?
>maybe we need to go on another test drive before making a decision
lel

It gets BTFO by even a base model mustang

Forreal in the frog part of Canada I can get a 2018 base WRX for the same price

because there's no turbo so it's slower than a fucking minivan