What went right?

They embraced the teachings of these supreme gentlemen

Kodo design is gorgeous and their interiors look better than everything the competition is offering.
Their engines are decent too, the tech behind them is also very interesting.

Nippon Strong

Veeky Forumsurguy

They make great commuter cars with great interiors, the benchmark for small sports cars, and they're actually trying to develop ICE instead of giving up and going all hybrid or electric. All they need is a halo car

Mazda is the best. They keep pushing the ICE and have not given up on the rotary.
Keep in mind that this is the smallest independent car maker (mass produced passenger cars). Mazda doesn't have VAG or GM money, they are doing all this by them selves.

Underdog stories are always the best ones desu

cutting themselves off of Ferd.

having that Hiroshima perpetual underdog go-their-own-way attitude.

phasing out the name "miata" on their iconic sports car.

>Phasing out
You mean not letting burgercucks call it a miata anymore?

>phasing out the name "miata" on their iconic sports car.
It's always been an MX5. You don't call RX-7 Riatas ?

not here in clapistan where you have to fend off the "faggot" meme thanks to that shitty name from the 90s.

They are the only ones to have sane car designers, while all other Japanese car manufacturers are voluntarily making piss ugly vehicles

Sane is a good way to put it.
I've been looking at getting a new car, and I don't know when it happened, but apparently Honda and Toyota decided to turn their econoboxes into massive land barge sedans.
Apparently if I want a reasonably sized commuter car from Honda I need to buy a Fit.

The Fit is the new Civic. The Civic is the new Accord. The size is just increasing and increasing.

why did they give it that name ?

kaizen-kaizen, mazda-san

>and have not given up on the rotary.
There will never be a new rotary car.

One day, user. One day.

Have you sat in one? I can only appreciate the base model Mazda3 because of the stupid paddle shifters in every other model (not getting a manual in a compact grocery getter I'll only drive when my motorcycle can't carry the shit). The interior of the Mazda3 is overdone, the interior of the Mazda6 is okay and tasteful but nothing special, and it's still an entry level commuter sedan with a fitting interior for one.

The miata's interior? Don't make me laugh.

their econoboxes are some of the most fun and most value-for-money econoboxes you can get

We’re there any issues with the 2014 Mazda 3? Lookin to get into one for my first car. Really trying to avoid having to settle for a civic.

>The miata's interior? Don't make me laugh.
What about it. Compared with meme shit like new z4s it is a work of art.

Have the "new" Z4/supra interiors even been released?

entire 90's. also, pic related

plus fact that they still make next mx-5's. it's amazing to see such a little (and relatively cheap) naturally aspirated car in sea of heavy suvs and turbocharged hot hatches

Only a concept car and some sneak pics at the burgerring.

If it were grey and black that would be pretty tasteful honestly.

The steering wheel looks pretty fucking nice

RX-9 PLEASE

Sims parts of the world don't salt their roads.

mazda actively resisted what every other car manufacturer does, didnt make every generation a bit bigger and heavier (well a bit but they more than made up for it with ND). ND is the goat.

I'm thinking about getting one actually.
Seems like pretty good value.

t. Ikuo Maeda

how do you guys pronounce mazda? more like masda or matsda?

The only thing to look out for is rust, and if you don't live in an area with heavy salt it's not something to worry about.

If you're a Jap apparently its mat su da.

all germans i know say it like matsda that's why i was wondering

Being the only one that doesn't give up on the ICE. Which is gonna reward them in the long run, which they deserve for just making nice cars.

What went right?
Biggest thing was probably getting out from underneath of Ford when the US economic collapse happened. Now they're free to explore other beneficial partnerships, such as their recent engagement with Toyota. You know you're doing something right when that brand takes notice.

From a philosophical standpoint, Zoom-zoom has always captured the heart of actual drivers, and not just appliance users. Enthusiasts and people in tune with their cars are much more likely to keep up on general maintenance than those that treat their cars like disposable tools. This leads to better overall care and longevity which leads to higher resale values.

The people in this thread speaking about Mazdas dedication to the ICE are onto something, but the SKY-Activ technology is still pretty early in its infancy. I did not like the initial idea of the volcano shaped pistons, as it could definitely lead to unforeseen consequences on longer term tests.

Mazda is pioneering new stuff to hopefully apply what they learn to resurrecting the Rotary. Thats my hope, as a 3 generation Mazda owner.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

actual care goes into their products, not as much bean counting as other marques

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

it was the early 90s and catchy kinda-foreign language names were the rage for cars in America (e.g. Supra, Integra, Cressida, etc.). supposedly it meant "reward" in old high German but the name doesn't exactly exude reward and instead has become synonymous with faggotry.

meanwhile, it's called Roadster in Japan and the original project name, MX-5, in the rest of the world.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

"GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION"
not chancing it

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION
RX-9 WILL BE MY NEXT CAR IN 2020 INSHA'ALLAH

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

It went right when Ford said mazda is using ford engines now.

Been following the skyactiv X stuff. The new engine is looking very promising, and the Toyota partnership is just proof that even other people think that the skyactiv X engine is something special.

Smart money is that mazda will combine the skyactiv x with toyotas hybrid tech. The cars are gonna be getting stupid mpg on a fill up. Cant wait till the put this in the mx-5 and give us a proper mazda speed version

CURB WEIGHT
Now for what what went wrong
the apex seal debacle
displacelet piston engines
chinkshit corrosion-prone "steel"
horrible adverts

Toyota and Honda are the only nipshit brands worthy of American tarmac

Toyota outsources their sports cars.

See

Supra being made by BMW

Honda makes their sports cars filled with compromises and bad choices in execution

See

NSX

At least mazda stays true to their sports car mx-5.

They literally made a true successors to their NA

Also some crazy rumors about the RX-9, using lasers and crazy range extenders to revive the rotary.

Real jap rankings

Mazda > Subaru > Toyota > Honda>>>>>>>>Nissan

Joint ventures isn't outsourcing.
You're also forgetting that Toyota is Lexus.

Only thing wrong with it is the Mazda 6 only cost 3k more but came with heaps more options as standard.

meowzda

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

>no mitsubishit
correct

eunos roadster is how they are called here

Maz - oo - duh
But like say it fluidly as one word as to not sound autistic

Won't you be my valentine, Mazda Senpai?!

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Yeah, but the Fit looks like an egg

looked it up thinking "how bad can it be"
you're fucking spot on though, that's an egg

I like the last generation of Fit more than the current ones

it looks like a cute mini minivan

In a way, the MX-5 Cup is the Mazdaspeed MX-5.

what makes their econbox more funner than the civic or corolla? Steering,comfort? etcc..

the handling is better, mazda is always top of the heap in handling

I love Mazdas, and they become better and better, but there were problems with engines. Mazda6 GG had these engines: 1.8 too weak, 2.0 is ok, 2.3 too small oil pan, speed6 unreliable, diesel is loud and also unreliable. Newer petrols are ok, but even the skyactive diesels' oil pumps can fail and kill the engine. Still better than the 1.6 PSA diesel of the Mazda3. I would be also interested in the rust at the age of 10-15 on new Mazdas