Why don’t you have your motorbike license?

Why don’t you have your motorbike license?

Other urls found in this thread:

elpaso.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2012-cbr250r/6485742517.html
elpaso.craigslist.org/search/mcy?sort=date&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=334&max_price=3500
youtu.be/0a7njdWhH-A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Italy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do, I just don't have a motorbike
>tfw too poor to live

I have mine, I just can't ride because THERE'S GOD DAMN FUCKING SNOW AND ICE EVERYWHERE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Same

But I do
Currently nobike, waiting for good weather because I'm a pussy

Where do you live / how poor are you that you can’t get a running motorbike for 500-1000 dollars/euros/dabloons?

im worried that since i fucked up my back i wont be able to ride a motorcycle

always wanted to try it though

Most standard / dual sport / cruiser / touring bikes, where you sit totally upright, don’t put any stress on your back. That’s really just for sports bikes and ‘cafe racers’.

Because i have 2 cars i need to finish building before i can build a bike

Nibber I can literally post my city's craigslist and show you just how fucking dire the used bike situation in my county is. I literally have to drive a good ~50-400 miles out of town just to find a decent used bike simply because my city/county's craigslist has a lot of
>bikes with """"""""missing titles""""""""
>bikes with salvage titles
>$18,000 harley davidsons cuz imma boomer and i fought in vietnam so i know wut i got
>clapped out 50cc dirt bikes
>$5,000 "cafe racer project bikes" that consist of a clapped out 1970's-1980's UJM with a torn seat, half-rusted frame, and an "engine runs I swear but it hasnt started since I last parked it, think it just needs a new carburetor and some new points"

yeah but i want to be a sport bike faggot....
i'd still try something more comfy when i have the spare time/money though

What city?

I’d be surprised if there’s anywhere you can’t get a good running Ninja 250/300 or DRZ or the like for less than $2000, and probably a good running TW200 or GN250 or DR350 for $1000

It's been weeks since I've checked my ghetto's craigslist mcy page just because the listings unironically tick me off, but this is probably the best deal I could find just at first glance without actually searching:
elpaso.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2012-cbr250r/6485742517.html

elpaso.craigslist.org/search/mcy?sort=date&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=334&max_price=3500

see for yourself if you dont believe me though, it's pretty much all clapped out sportbikes, clapped out dirt bikes, and $20k harleys

Quickly scanned the El Paso Craigslist. Yikes.

Bikes are (weirdly) a better deal where you can’t ride in winter, not because they aren’t driven half the year, and presumably because they’re more playthings. Used bikes are absurdly cheap in Canada.

It’s basically the opposite of what holds for cars (where northerners want to go down to Texas to buy used); you should look for something up north (in the spring) and ride it back.

I'm not an organ donor.

Not because= both because

>you should look for something up north (in the spring) and ride it back.
This is what I've pretty much resigned myself to. I'm just biding my time and saving my pennies until I can go up to Colorado Springs or Albuquerque and find a decent used bike for cheap. It's just maddening because it's already perfect riding weather down here and I feel like I'm just sitting around with my thumb up my ass.

I bet a lot of the nicer user bikes in Texas end up disappearing into the Mexican gray market.

Blame the boomers who sell them to finance their percocet addiction/soyboys who inherit them and sell them to finance their Nintendo Switch addiction. Pickup trucks and SUVs get stolen here more than bikes, as per the police statistics.

i do have it
and 4 motorbikes

Look into even going up to Washington state or Idaho: cheap. In Alberta that CBR250 would be LUCKY to fetch $1500 usd.

im unironically skittish of going any farther north than denver just because im brown. Even the prospect of going to USN basic training in great lakes makes me cagey.

the price of used bikes in canada really depends on the price of the canadian dollar
when it's high we get a lot of sport bikes imported from the states
when it's low, it's the other way around
it's low right now

If you’re legal and can prove it don’t worry. The roadblocks / ops are all near the border, and you’d be shocked how many Mexicans there are in places like Montana and North Dakota.

Never had a pushbike. I don't know if I could balance on a bike

I would love to have a motorbike though

The nearest first time rider course is 65 miles away and lasts all weekend. Im going to do it this summer though and buy myself either a cruiser or dual sport.
So many dirt cheap used street bikes around here but i dont care for going fast or cornering at mach1.
Thinking of a bolt R Spec or harley 883.
Was looking at the versys and fz07 too.

>pushbike
What century are you posting from?
>I don't know if I could balance on a bike
Are you a walrus?

>hang on let me list the gayest bikes ever made

Because I'm so much of a poorfag I can't afford fuck all, I need to "renew" my CBT in a few months and keep riding my current bike into the dirt which keeps needing new shit to be maintained.

Holy fuck I want to do my tests, even when I did my training last the instructor radioed in "user, why the fuck haven't you done your license yet, you need to get off that 125"

>current year
>not being a time-traveling walrus

I do

I do.
shit I got it in the first place cause it was a fuckton easier than getting a car license.

>tfw gone through all the effort and expense of getting a car license
>never bought a car
>never drive the family car
>an additional car would be a ridiculous expense
>hate cars
>get car/travel sick regardless

Because I have to take a mandatory $650 week long training course before you can even get a permit

I still daily my zx9r in the summer. No fucks given

Why are you here?

But I do

Dont get harleys, they are retardedly overpriced and underpowered

Not all sport bikes are gofast hoon machines, it's just a body style

As soon as I get my literal antique running (thanks for the oil fouling, dad) I'm probably going to look into getting a bike license.

Also looking for a a GYT kit but I'm not optimistic.

I do. I have a big one.

That’s just ignorance.
youtu.be/0a7njdWhH-A

I live in Florida.

>that terrible lean position
This webm does not help your case

I have a case?

This is the best excuse yet.

I don't know how it works in burgerstan but where I live I have to be 24 to get a motorbike DL and I'm only 20

That can't possibly be true. Where do you live?

i do

and i have a bike

but i dont like riding it

i got an sv650s but all i want now is a light little 70's 350

im depressed

I just got my drivers license, don't have a lot of money, when i get money and the ice goes away i will get it

Um, sell it and buy a smaller bike??

Yurop, and it's true

can't afford to own more than one vehicle, and I don't know anybody who could teach me.

I do, waiting on a couple of months when everyone sells their bike for winter to pick one up.

What country?

That should be illegal, to discriminate on the basis of age like that.

It’s easy enough to be self taught.

Pastaland, it's not strictly at 24 if you have an A1 license, go look it up. I believe this also applies to other yuro countries

Looks like you’re limited to 35kw before 24, which is 47 horsepower, which is PLENTY for a motorcycle.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Italy

> The minimum age to obtain a driving licence is: 16 years for a motorcycle 125cc with a limit of motor power of 11 kW and for a quadricycle motor (cars with a weight of 400 kg (550 kg if it's for freight transport)and a motor power not exceeding 15 kW), 18 years for a car or a motorcycle without a limit for the engine cylinder capacity and a limit of motor power of 35 kW, and 21 years for mini-buses, three-wheeler without a limit of motor power and cargo vehicles, and 24 years for motorcycles without limits of motor power and for buses.

Not unreasonably imo. If your first bike has more than 50 horsepower you’re in for a world of hurt!

this. mc locked away in storage. battery sitting in kitchen on battery tender

I took the MSF like a year ago and failed the riding portion. My biggest problem was clutch control.
Since then I've been daily driving a manual car so I should be good to go once I take it again, but I'm gonna save up some cash to buy a bike first.

The one good thing about living in the dystopian shithole of Cuckifornia is I get to ride year round.
But you can do that in other places too so basically there's no upside.

Is it? Well anyways I do not have the time nor the money to get that license+motorcycle

>be me
>father is bike cop
>"hey dad wanna teach me to ride a motorcycle?"
>"no you're not going anywhere near a bike"
>fine
>apply for msf course
>get endorsement
>buying a bike next week

jeez

Yes. You’d need a +500cc sports bike to exceed that. No dual sport has close to that much power (unless you consider a 690 Enduro or Africa Twin a dual sport). I’d think most cruiser bikes under a litre make less than 50 hp.

I do. What i lack is the will to go riding at two in the morning.

>not riding without one

soiboi

This

That's bullshit user. You only have to be 24 to get the unrestricted license.

>not riding your bike everywhere without a license

>dad owned a bike til I was 11
>grandpa had his prehistoric Triumph until he died
>every man on my dads side has had a motorcycle/dirt bike/whatever
>aunt gets in bike-truck crash that nearly kills her when I was 14
>always was told it was the truck drivers fault
>bikes are now verboten
>find out 3 months ago that she got on a fucking 1200cc motorcycle with 1 week of riding experience and was going 85 in a 55
Why

forbidden

Lost an eye.
Can't take a new test here.
It's nice my license does not expire and driving with sunglasses policemen usually don't bother taking them off.

I'm stuck with my M2 until i can take the M2 exit test in december 2018. Realistically i'm not even going to beable to take my M2 exit until 2019 april or some shit. God damn winter.

Well, I should've specified, my bad

move to arazona faggt

because i need to be at least 24 to get 1000cc

In the last year I've seen three motorcyclists get fucked up.

>be me
>13 years old
>father is a cop
>"Hey son, want to learn how to ride a motorcycle"
>"Ummm sure?"
>teaches me how to ride on his ninja 250r and sportster 1200
>learn on neighborhood streets
>"You should try riding on the roads, user."
>dad is totally okay with me driving out & about without a learner's permit, license, endorsement, etc.
>spent my middle and high school years riding without any form of license/permit
>never got pulled over
>finally got endorsement in college

I had a cool dad.

>driving without license/permit

ehhhhhhhhhh........ that's a little MUCH dontcha think

You're such an idiot it's a good thing this has dissuaded you.

dont need one if you never stop 4 cops

Because i don't have a motorbike op.
(Op) why don't have a motorbike user?
Because i don't wana get run the fuck over or hit and have the driver carry my ass & then run away because fuckers in miami always have expired shit & no insurance worth to fucks to fund my broken neck.

That’s a long-winded way to say you’re a pussy.

Because I drive my bike without one. Fuck laws and shit.

LOL I can relate to this way too hard.