/hg/ - Halo General

#338 - SPV3 Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>SPV3 is now publicly available for free download on PC
- the entire Halo CE campaign re-imagined with new areas, enemies, and features
- Downloading is free and only requires a working version of Halo Custom Edition
mediafire.com/file/t5y8t0t6zte67gc/SPV3.1.0.zip

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T7UQovgY3Cs
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26244
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well I know what I'm doing all day

Installing Left 4 Dead 2 on xbone and playing with me?

GET FUCKING HYPE
youtu.be/T7UQovgY3Cs

3 missions in. Having fun so far.

>>tfw not high tier when usually ranked higher than half of those
>Neat, I can be the unbalancer.
Post GT

My body is ready

Xth for armor abilities in spv3 are hanky and look plastic

>L4D2 is only 5 gigs
>halo 5 is 100 gigs
What the fuck is wrong with devs these days?

how different is it from the base game level wise? are the maps based off halo 1 maps with "some" developer changes or entirely new and made to look like halo 1 maps?

Uncompressed audio, plus drive space is much larger so they don't even have to care

Welp

>Halo: Reach is only 7.3 GB
>Halo 5 is 100 GB
What the fuck is wrong with Halo these days?

How many armories you want, senpai?

Day 1 Edition

Still not falling for that scam

What does it even have besudes the labling?

Main menu is sexy

>this extra stuff in TSC
Damn these guys went all out

Yeah. I don't lile all the additions from a purist standpoint, but it does breathe fresh air into the campaihn for a new runthrough

Reminder that one of the devs was in here last night, the one that licks 343s ass. Be wary. People will say no proof but the depth of his asskissing and his points were exactly the same as what he usually posts

Citation needed

How is it a scam, it's just a special edition for early adopters

Read last thread, right towards the end. The project lead is knowing for kissing 343s ass, defending sprint, loadouts, etc. The rest of the team even disagree with him. Pretty worrying we now know he's in these threads. There's no way of telling how long though but I don't think he's been shilling his mod here

So far everything in SPV3 looks great... except cortana. Wtf were they thinking with that janky character model

>tfw no ringworld video game

The guy spamming essays?
That's just some autismo.

What happened to everyone?

>What happened to everyone?
Discord people have abandoned /hg/
Everyone else is playing SPV3

if I had to guess, how bad last night was have made people not want to touch /hg/ with anything

Who started this meme? I was bumping this morning

>/hg/
>dead on a weekend
Oh lord say it ain't so, not like it's been like this for two years now

Busy fucking up my drivers and restoring Windows. Gotta play SPV3

>year of our lord 2017
>two years have passed since the great thread number wars
>having lost the battle, numberfag resigned himself to not suggesting numbering in the OP and simply making a regular post in each thread
>suddenly Xbox general appears
>many battles occur over the independence of /hg/
>negotiations eventually open
>seizing the opportunity, numeromaricon says he is okay with the compromise if numbers are added to the OP
>it actually works
2 7 - D C H E S S

Whatsup /hg/. Last night I had a blast playing with you all, especially during the 1v1's. So doing some thinking about that I thought about doing something similar for Gears, depending on if enough people own and play the game or if people want to play it. So /hg/ has Halo Fest so I thought I'd try doing Gears Arcade. I'm calling it Gears Arcade because Gears doesn't hold a candle to the level of customization Halo has. So basically all this is, is a few map and game rotations with a settings switched up for balance and a more OG Gears gameplay. I'd also love to do 1v1's at the end of it.

So I've been in the private match settings tweaking some things around to see how I could make this both fun and "competitive."

Match 1 -

Map: Gridlock
Game Mode: Team Deathmatch
Weapon Replacements: Removed Shock Grenades
Bleedout/DBNO Time: 15 Seconds
This is basically a big warm up match for anyone who hasn't had a lot of time with Gears 4 or Gears in general. So just kill each other for 2 rounds on a classic map to get a feel.

Match 2 -

Map: War Machine
Game Mode: Dodgeball
Weapon Replacements: None
Round to Win: 6
War Machine is an excellent clutch map given the amounts of area's you can use to kill your opponents, so I feel Dodgeball is would be a fun mode for this map.

Match 3 -

Map: Canals
Game Mode: Execution
Weapon Replacements: None
Bleedout/DBNO Time: 5 Seconds (classic Gears execution hosting)
Rounds To Win: 7

Match 4 -

Map: Avalanche
Game Mode: Escalation
Weapon Replacements: Buzzkill with Trishot
Rounds to Win: 4
I think with the changing environment of Avalanche and it will provide an interesting match for escalation, however, I've reduced the rounds to win because normal escalation take a fucking years and a half to win.

CONT'D NEXT POST...

CONT'D FROM LAST POST

Match 5 (Tie Breaker Match) -
Map: Raven Down
Game Mode: Execution
Weapon Replacements: Removed Hammerburst and Enforcer starting weapons. Only Lancer, Gnasher and Snub Pistol with map grenades.
Bleedout/DBNO Time: 5 Seconds
Round To Win: 10
Raven Down has always been the perfect tie breaker map because of how small it is, it will decide the tides quickly.

Now we move on to 1v1's for the last bit of "Gears Arcade." The very first 1v1 map will be decided by me and then after that the winner of the 1v1 can pick whatever he'd like. You do not need to own the season pass if the host of the lobby has it. The map are free to everyone. Each 1v1 will be a Team Deathmatch game mode of 10 spawns (10 kills). Please tell me what you think of this idea.

If you'd like to participate, please respond with you GT. Gears online matches hold 10 players and 2 players in spectator mode. So if you'd like to be a sub or watch, please specify you'd like to spectate or be a sub. Starting now there are 9 spots remaining. I'd love to see /hg/ battle each other out on some Gears.

I'll keep bumping late at night if you promise to in the early morning.

I like this.
Will participate.

Nice detail btw. If only SOMEONE THAT ORGANIZES OUR EQUIVALENT FESTS PUT THIS MUCH DETAIL INTO THE MATCHES AND HAD THEM PRESENTED WELL AHEAD OF TIME, but hey, what do I know?

>/hg/ plays gears
What are the chances Dew still wins?

Sounds good user but I don't own gears and have never played it

oops

I'll play. Sounds like a good idea.
GT: THE ONE BIG RED

Pic related

>yfw a few modders can make better Mark V than 343

It's pretty good. Their elites coupd use work though

>that picture

In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat. I ask, why?

We are Red Team, guardians of all that exists.
The roots of the General have grown deep under our careful tending. Where there are Memes, the wisdom of our countless memes have saturated the soil.

Our Shitposts are a luminous sun, towards which all Memes blossom... And the impervious shelter beneath which, they has prospered.

I stand before you, accused of the sin of ensuring /hg/ page ascendancy. Of attempting to save us from this fate where /hg/ is forced to... recede.

Blue Team stands as the greatest threat on Veeky Forums. Refusing to eradicate them is a fool's gambit! We squander eons in the thread, while they seize our triumphs for their own.

The Mantle of /hg/ belongs to Red Team alone. Think of our acts as you will. But do not doubt the reality: the Cancer... has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it.

Is this Fallout 4?

Doesn't this mean that red team is about to die out and blue reigns supreme?

Yes

What's your GT?

Alright I've added you to the list.

NO ASS

>ctrl + f Kool
>no results

Koolaid left us long ago user

Those who built this place KNEW what the wrought.

On this day in Halo history. August 18th. 2017.

Community
>An entire fan overhaul of Halo Combat Evolved released for free with hours of new content to play with and a completely new soundtrack

343 Industries
>Halo Wars 2 leader DLC

Sad!

Me on the left

Me.

>all those friends we've lost
>they're never coming back

TFW missed out on joining /hg/ 1v1 shenanigans

lol

Fuck. This hits hard

Is that Vince5754's model?

I don't know who half those dudes are but I thought I've seen some of the crossed out ones around.

It's just halo 4's downie mkV helmet slapped onto CEA's body

The Model looks better when it's properly proportioned, but it is done from scratch.
I don't know why he decided to go full anniversary though, I suggested he base the helmet off Halo 4 though since every other rendition after the original is garbage.

Halo 3's is probably the best one after CE imo.

Halo 4's is trash though.

A lot of people say that, but I just don't get it, it's a vast departure from CE's and it's all bloated and shit.

Halo 4's is the closest thing to an accurate recreation of CE's.
But it's still not quite 1:1

Alot of people liked Reach's but I really wasn't a fan, thought it was way too thin at the bottom.

I liked Reach's but it was nowhere near the original.
The promotional shots of Halo 4 are really bad examples.

5's Mark V Delta is honestly the most accurate to the original out of them all, I have NO fucking clue what they were thinking with the Mark V Alpha. Mark IV is still my favorite standard helmet though.

It's really not though, everything below the visor is a completely different shape, and the entire thing is too wide.
Delta is a recreation of the Halo 3 version.

How are they bad examples, it is literally a 3D model, any angle you look at it from is an accurate representation of how it looks.

The placement of the lights on 4 looks like ass.

Out of all of them it really is. Delta fixed the primary proportion issue with 3's which was the wide middle face plate (the "mouth" area). 4's face plate is too tall, the bill over the visor is treated as one individual piece instead of 2 separate fins (something Reach and CE:A fuck up too), the plate on the top of the helmet is too tall, the lights are positioned at an angle instead of straight and are too far forward, the visor is a little too curved and narrow, and the cheek ridge on the underside of the visor protrudes out too far.
What I will give 4's Mark V credit for is having what I have highlighted in the image and having no detailing on the visor which are details the Delta is sorely lacking.

The helmet here has the exact same proportions, and it looks a lot better than that promotional shot.

I get where you're coming from, but Delta still isn't accurate at all, the req card image is also a bad example of what it actually looks like, because in game it is VERY wide, like you highlighted everything behind the vents should be concave.
Why the fuck can't 343 just take the original and trace a 1:1 recreation over it? Why is that so hard for them? They did it with Mark IV.

Yes

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26244

Probably because of just how old the original is. Alot of its details are muddled from graphical limitations where as the Mark IV had a very recent example to work off of from Halo War's cutscenes.
Its details being muddled doesn't excuse shit like CE:A's or the Mark V Alpha though, that just flat out incorrect interpretation. Reach at least has the excuse of Bungie deciding to revise their own design and yet alot of its details still fit the original better than the other two, the heavy difference in Reach is proportions.

Mk IV is pretty good but it suffers proportionally because they had to fit it to the manlet Spartan 4 body

Also, the left shoulder is really fucked up. Just look at it here and then in the next image I post

I dunno, the details aren't too muddled that you couldn't get a decent model out of it.
Look here at a non blurry render of the model.

But the point is that the armor is designed near perfectly, 343's spartans will always look bad unless they decide to blacken the undersuits and bulk the fuck up.

The shoulder armor is based off of the design from the first game.completely accurate it makes more sense.

>Blur Mark IV

Even in the first game it wasn't a hard right angle, it was smoothed off like Mark 6's shoulders

I really wish the undersuits in 343's games were more like the Mark IV's in HW. They have the look I think 343 was originally going for but slammed the overdesign and color button on.
Half the reason I think Halo 4 Chief's armor isn't too bad is because he doesn't have a fucking colored undersuit, which they ruined in 5.

343's terrible Mark VI shoulders would make a solid replacement for that one actually, IF YOU COULD FUCKING CUSTOMIZE THEM!

Too resource intensive to have such high res textures for the hexagons to be that small and still look defined. Halo 4 has the worst of both because the hexagons are big AND they're low res AND they're colored.

I want athletic Spartans back, halo 4&5 Spartans are stocky manlets

Well even outside of the hexagons and focusing on additional contour and detailing lines and sectioning is flat done better on the Mark IV undersuit. Hell I remember when Halo Wars first came out people thought all the additional details and design choices on the Mark IV's armor and undersuit was alot compared to the old Mark VI and V, then fucking H4 and 5 came along.

Blue team is going to come back roaring in Halofest III with all their heavy hitters at once: Dog, Dew, Droid, and Muffin.
Halofest III is going to be a fucking grudge match.

Stocky would imply they're solid built.

Does anyone else really hate the floor in Breakout? The texture curving under you fucks up my eyes.

Well, AA's aren't necessarily a bad thing, but way it was implemented was pretty poor in reach, less so in h4. Even if people seem hypocritical when it comes to things like the AAs or the loadouts, what they really don't like is how they were used in other games, not the concept themselves. Often people aren't really aware of how they feel about the games and features, and can't separate the emotion and experience, from concepts and intent. So it's my job to find ways to take these "failed" mechanics and make them reach their full potential, in accordance with h1 design principals.