/fg/ - Falcom General #52

Previous thread: Pussy bread edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Crossbell
>Need an IQ of at least 150 to understand everything
>Story is one of the best ever in vidya history
>Characters are very likeable and most people can relate to them
>Lloyd is the best protag when compared to any medium (be it literature, movies and others)
>Combat requires strategical thinking, even more complex than chess
>If Crossbell arc was made into a book the writers would get the noble prize
>Japanese people literally to retarded to understand the greatness of Crossbell so it sells like shit
CS
>Literally made for children and people who have an IQ lower than 50
>Story is straight up stolen from anime/ln #5134216
>Characters aren't interesting, have shitty backgrounds and you can't relate to them at all
>Most people can't go 2 steps without asking Rean for help
>Rean himself is ripped from a light novel just like the story
>Combat is brain-dead and doesn't require any thinking, just mashing delay and S-crafts
>Full of cliche anime tropes
>Appeals to the brain-dead retards in Japan so it sells very well
What went wrong?

Remindee not to post youtube videos unless they're the trailer we've been waiting on.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Fie has the sweetest bonding events in CS1.

I already played Juna's game years ago though.

I thought that was Claire briefly from the thumbnail.
I feel cheated

>shitstation 4 only
no thanks

Was it good?

What do you think of Alisa Schwartzer?

Fie a cute!

Good game, shit port + localization.

Why is she wearing a dog collar?

You mean Mrs. Rean "Cold Steel" Osborne Schwarzer?

Everybody's a fetishist

Shes ok. I feel kinda bad for her though because despite being first girl, "canon" girl, etc, she's still less of a fit for Rean compared to Emma, Claire, or Alfin. Even Elise would make more sense.

Falcom saw how well LN harem anime sells so they decided to put that formula to use in their game.

Lo and behold it sold.

I WANT TO FUCK AIDIOS!!!!

>Alisa's color scheme is the same as Rean's
I won't allow this

>Be Falcom
>Start thinking up scenario for entire Trails series
>Want to begin with a singular event that sets the stage for everything else plot-wise
Where does it all begin, Veeky Forums? And don't say Cassius bringing Joshua home. That's wrong.

Holy hell Fie looks just like Jack the Ripper in FGO.

Yeah I heard about the translation. How long are they?

The great collapse.

The great collapse?

Ao spoilers

Man all this time I thought arionrod was Arios's secret identity, but then it turned out she was actually the blond in CS1's legram castle

Aidios' spaceship crashes in Zemuria

I'm surprised you can avoid spoilers until now.

Hamel and Hundred Days War.

Hamel was pretty rough. I thought Joshua was just being a big baby at the end of FC, but Hamel really puts it into perspective.
The after credits scene with him and Estelle bringing flowers for Karin is so good.

Calvard when?

After Xanadu, Sen 4 and new Ys V.

I don't remember, but they aren't as long as Trails. It's also very linear. The only game that allows you to revisit towns is Tears of Vermillion.

I never realized how horrifying the Hamel incident is until Celdic happened.

>Only one person dies in Celdic

Celdic was rainbows and flowers compared to Hamel though. How did that help you understand Hamel?

I think he means in the sense that it's hard to imagine things going to shit that hard without actually seeing it happen in game. It wasn't on the same scale, but it probably gave him a good idea about it.

Do you think they'll close off the series after Calvard or with Calvard? I think one series of games with an ensemble cast of characters from all games spanning all contintents would be the most appropriate way to end it.

>who should be the protag in this case?

I thought Loewes description of what happened left little to the imagination

>they aren't as long as Trails. It's also very linear.
Good enough. Time to dust my moon then. Witch goes first, right?

wtf, why would they end it with Calvard? That makes no sense. After Calvard, there will still be 3 sept-terrions they have to deal with.

I could see Olivert being the protag if they wanted to bring everything to an end.
Assuming he doesnt get killed off in Sen III

>new Ys V
I'd unironically kill for this
It can't be partYs though, because they only make 3 games per combat style, so it'll have to come after Ys IX and whatever new type of gameplay it introduces, for better or worse

Thinking about it occasionally makes me consider playing the PS2 remake just to be the only one on /fg/ to have done so, but it and PS2 Mask of the Sun must be a special kind of unremarkable for even the japs to never talk about them

The final game will be played as Anton and fully cut all combat from the game, you'll just be walking around, listening to the rumours and stumbling upon crazy battles.

There'll be at least one more arc after Calvard.

>Comedically terrible villain actually develops into an alright guy

Didn't expect that from Dunan.

I thought they said we're around 60% done after CS2.

Why can't we have good looking guns like these?

Dudley and Clair have pretty nice guns though.
On the other hand I'm very much not a fan of Ellie's, it looks silly, more like a musical instrument than a gun.

He got a heavy reality check.

Pretty sure Ellie explains at the start that her gun was used in competitions, and that's why it looks rather gaudy, it's fully customized.

Claire has a shitty looking gun that looks straight out of Fallout. Elie's pistol is the best looking, followed by Crow's left pistol.

Yeah, I do remember that.
I actually glanced through some images and it looks better than I remembered, what was fucking with me was how horrible it looked in the OP for Zero Evo.

Yeah, go with jap order, so witch.

It's at least uniquely designed. A cross between a revolver and a luger, and with a odd angled magic canister slot.

She uses all of those guns in her S-crafts, doesn't she?

Pretty sure the ones she uses in her Final S-craft are black and white, they're special. Those are probably early designs.

Saw the post from and tried my hand on typesetting.
Didn't translate the "ladies man bustle" since it's pretty self explanatory, and i'm lazy.

Also, today's character for the countdown is Agate.

Cs 1's manga artists is also taking part in the countdown pictures. He did Machias and randy.

Will Altina report this?

>Lloyd "Ladies' Man" Bannings

Report to Alisa?

why is this allowed

And there wasn't sperm littering the streets from bleeding vaginas everywhere on the ground

>sperm from vaginas
Are you unironically 12 years old or something

yup and kondo said after cs3 it should be around 70%
so, 2-3 game + gaiden
This series should end as soon as possible before people lost interest in it.

>This series should end as soon as possible before people lost interest in it.
Completely disagree. Last thing we want is them rushing everything and having it end abruptly and leaving everyone feeling unsatisfied. What a nightmare that would be.

Millium is cute! Cute! CUTE!

Are you illiterate or did you not play SC?

>we want to appeal to a broader audience.

>Still no trailer
JUST

>ywn have sloppy drunken sex with Sara and end up getting her pregnant

Alcoholics are disgusting. I guess I'll have to impregnate her, that will probably make her stop drinking.

Woah. New spaghetti emma

I love Fie's midriff.

Neither. You seem to be very confused about how reproduction works, though.

Emma is pure and not for lewd!

It's just spaghetti, user.

Source on the original? Don't think I've seen these.

Have enough spaghetti dinners and it should happen overtime

Find it yourself, user.

>forgot to buy some shit at Michelam
Agh, fuck.
Do I get to return here after the intermission at all?

I can't wait for Tio day much longer. Fingers crossed, it'll come soon.

which ys is the best ys?

My dinner plate
Either panda or booru, I have a goldfish memory

Dogi.

I want to eat this spaghetti

which ys game is the best ys game?

Ys VIII

Hopefully soon

Unironically Seven.

I really like Karna

Answer please.
Are you there?

His left or our left?

>Raped vaginas do not leak sperm

>I can buy Randy a bracelet for 10k mira
S-should I do it?
Oh for fuck's sake of course I'll do it.
So do I get to return to buy the furniture and accessories I forgot to or is the theme park closed for me from this point onwards?

I don't remember if there's anything worthwhile at Michelam, so i can't help you.

There was furniture for Randy and KeA.
I just realised I missed the recipe anyway so I reloaded the save already.

Oh right yeah, there's furniture and a recipe. Also a book if you feed the cat there cat food.