Other than muh v-ate

Other than muh v-ate
What exactly is wrong with an ecoboost mustang?
>same engine as the rs but without head gasket issues
>can easily be made as fast as the v8
>ford offers a warranty safe tune to put you within 10 lbs ft of torque of the v8
>lighter nose means it's more maneuverable
>less cramped engine bay means mods and maintenance are easier
>turbo woosh

Only negatives I can see are simply not having the sound or power delivery of a v8, and being a bit fat at 3600 lbs. It seems to be a great, modern spiritual successor to the Japanese market S chassis

I seriously don't understand what the point of a Mustang would be without muh V8.

The problem is, it's a mustang and certain things are expected of it.
If it didn't bear the mustang name, it would be a fantastic car.

Opee here
I can absolutely agree with this. Give it a rebody and another name and all of the stigma disappears

if the badge said honda or mazda Veeky Forums would laud it as the second coming of the golden age. since it says mustang its pigfat, lolcantturn, and unreliable.

if they can find a way to cut 800-1000 lb then i would say you would be correct about it being a modern analog of the Silvia, but that is a huge weight difference

I've really only seen pigfat and muh v8 levied against it

The issue with it being a modern analogue is that you can't hold it to the same standards. Cars of this nature simply can't be light anymore. Before you counter with the miata and 86, take a second to consider how slow those cars are, as well as the fact that the mustang is literally a GT car.

Yeah, it's expected of it. The ecoboost is the poverty spec. And its never gonna feel fun to say "No, i got the small engine"

Besides, there is the toyobaru instead of driving a mustang that isnt quite what it could be

I don't think the Toyobaru is quite an apt competitor. The Toyobaru is trying to get closer to a roadster whereas a Mustang is clearly a muscle car.

Why not turbocharge the V8?

they really should've went 3.5 v6 ecoboost. Why not? the F150 has both the 5.0 and the 3.5 EB.

I don't mean as a competitor, I mean that in the sense of comparing cars to their spiritual progenitors. The miata and 86 are still lightweight, no frills sports cars. However I don't know of any other car that comes close to what the old s chassis was, other than this

I think it would be cool if they somehow turned it into a new probe. Doubt it would sell as well though.

>>can easily be made as fast as the v8

Lets just talk about this.

First of all, displacement matters. A 400hp 4 cylinder will still behave differently to a 400hp V8. The money you spend making the eco engine more powerful will be the difference between buying the V8 in the first place. The ecoboost is made for people that want the looks but are not interested in cars. If youre interested in performance you'll buy the top spec.

Because then people wouldn't know wether to buy the v8 or v6tt. In fact the v8 would become pointless in anything other than the gt350 because you could easily make more power from the v8 for less money.

it's not an inline 6

The v6 is in the gt. Can’t have the mustang and the corvette be faster than their fancy car.

They dropped the v6 from the mustang. It's just the ecoboost and v8 now

that doesn't explain why the F150 has 4 (FOUR) engine options and the mustang dropped the v6 in lieu of a i4 turbo and v8. you'd think the F150 market would be confusing and the 3.5 EB would make the 5.0 in that model pointless.

V6 status: #REKT

>power from the v8
This should read v6tt

because modern american cars are only worth while when they have inefficient large displacement v8s that make crazy amounts of stock hp so the boats that they are can keep up with imports in a straight line (exception being the corvette)

REV UP YOUR inline four ENGINES

>there will never be an i6 ecoboost mustang

Every car that ever had an ecopoo should have used an I6 like a barra instead.

How terrible would a v8 Mustang be for a daily driver?

I have an 05 GT convertible thats stock other than an exhaust and fat tires, its my summer DD. Its totally fine, maybe its not great on gas but i don't hate my commute as much if im driving my Mustang.

My friend on the other hand has a 95 gt with a supercharged 5.0, and its awful as a DD. Its way too loud, too powerful to creep in city driving, and the clutch is really heavy. It also gets about 12 mpg.

So just don't get a heavily modified one and youd be fine to dd it.

>adding forced induction to a daily driver

Yes, you understood the point of my post. Good job user.

>t. time traveler from 2003

There’s worse things you can drive
>Pentastar Challenger

4 cyl mustangs are cool

Id love to see the i4 mustang and camaro drive trains put into smaller cars. given the performance ford and gm have been able to deliver for relatively low cost, the competition would be intense
>mfw this will never happen

Define "inefficient"

KEK