/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

Secret Cosplayers in Tokyo edition

Last episode content: >FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Current In Game Event:
tswdb.com/events/the-whispering-tide/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-depp-co-produce-the-secret-world-tv-series-video-game-secret-world-legends-1202148581/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please remember to bring some stuff for lunch when you go out.
Secret adventuring can be exhausting, so don't forget to hydrate yourselves either.

You still get the right amount of Mof. It's just a visual glitch (otherwise i'd exploit the shit out of it by opening a 5K mail and then opening the 9 200 ones).

Huh... I'm still not entirely convinced but if you say so, user.

Do glyph bonuses only apply to attacks using the weapon they're attached to, or are they a general stat boost?

Brotha, you really need to ask? You have that much optimism?

>only apply to attacks using the weapon they're attached to
This.

>Based on the hit game The Secret World (and its recently released spin-off Secret World Legends), the show will revolve around a team of undercover agents as they attempt to take on a group of secret societies threatening to take over the world, including the Templar, the Dragon and the Illuminati. The show will revolve around ancient myths and legends, with just a touch of the supernatural thrown in for good measure.
What are the chances they're gonna turn this into a quest where you hamper their activities against your faction?

given how they did things with The Park: pretty damn high.

>the show will revolve around a team of undercover agents as they attempt to take on a group of secret societies threatening to take over the world, including the Templar, the Dragon and the Illuminati.
Meh. I'd rather have a Tyler Freeborn-like guy running away from secret societies and stumbling upon Morninglight/Phoenicians bullshit.

Could be the pilot. Or season 2, if Depp wants to pour in more money.

wait, this is real, and Johnny Depp is backing it?

I need sources, please. I didn't see it in the OP.

Don't forget that it's a good idea to pack your own food and water because all sources in the field are likely contaminated.

deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-depp-co-produce-the-secret-world-tv-series-video-game-secret-world-legends-1202148581/

So what's the difference between the ultimate edition exclusives and the new exclusives. (For those who don't know people who own the ultimate edition from the old game got a unique version of the wings and a black raven outfit. I believe the new steam ultimate is white rather than black.)

I'm cautiously hyped

Post outfits

what does it mean when dungeon loot boxes have a blue light instead? it seems the drop is equally shitty anyway

"Rare Pepe-boxes": You get both a standard roll on the loot table and an upgrade distillate.

No, it was always like this. The only thing that changed is that its slightly less dark, kinda like the other dark levels.

The only one of those levels that kinda spooped me was the asylum. this one was just "oh, its one of those 'look at it an it won't murder you' monsters"

I'd like it if they expanded the whole "public magic school" scenario they made for hide and shriek.

It's basically a templar magic school.

GRORIOUS NIPPON AXE STEER!
FORDED OVER 1000 TIMES!

i don't know why anyone would pick such a terrible and lame weapon class

If they made this sorta like Global Frequency (RIP in peace) I might have some confidence in it?

Have a lot of worldbuilding but never really serve the answers straight up, build that shit long term, while the basic structure of episodes are simple "monster/supernatural shit of the week" that makes it easy for casuals to follow.

>t. blade wielder

Hey. Hey, hey! Halt! No closer! I'm getting some weird... some weird readings!

chaos. the one true melee weapon

How do the anti-armor shells for shotgun? Is the debuff on enemies time-limited or need to be refreshed every now and then?

You need to refresh it quite often, especially since it does not proc off every shot, it is kind of meh for personal use, stacks better with more people wailing at the target.

Ah thanks.
Yeah, I only use it in dungeons, but hearing the effect is so brief was somewhat of a letdown...

what's up with the broken vow boss in tokyo? another funcom fail?

How much work is it to make a cabal? You get some form of bank space to go with it, I presume?

>work
You need patron to start the cabal and access the cabal bank

Switch to fire shells and put Dragon Breath passive, keep the dot at 6 stacks on bosses.

Man, The Park..
The park in-game makes my head spin. If that game had VR I would just vomit. There's something about that fucking place that makes me dizzy.

Soloing the ankh in blue gear is a nightmare, but i got the lore!

dont die damnit

I've recently started playing TSW as a Punisher, should I spend all my AP points on shotgun skills?

Even a podcast like Welcome to NightVale but without the overdone sillyness would be fucking cool.

You should spend AP on whatever you wish to use. You will have it all eventually if you keep playing.
I am probably on the ricier end of the spectrum and am taking my third weapon to capstone 9 already.

>You will have it all eventually if you keep playing.
Even as a free player? I mean, is the game supposed to give you all the AP/SP you need to level up all skills?

Moreover, do you still get AP/SP even if you reach the level cap?

You continue to gain points after 50 at a slower, but static, rate.
The only real barrier to f2p getting everything is neglecting to do dailies and play the AH a bit for unlock money.
That said, if you and a friend with patron level together you will unavoidably fall behind them.

Efficiency is good for fist weapons, isn't it? You want to spam cheaper heals, no?

Uh, 2/3 pip-items doesn't give more xp when used for upgrading, do they?
I can't understand why 2 pip shit is selling for so much on the AH...?

>Efficiency is good for fist weapons, isn't it? You want to spam cheaper heals, no?
???????

Fuck, what is the one with cheaper energy cost called then?
At least I didn't upgrade this piece of shit further than lvl 10... :/

>Fuck, what is the one with cheaper energy cost called then?
The one that has a chance to consume 1 less energy? it's called "energy"

>At least I didn't upgrade this piece of shit further than lvl 10... :/
it will be good upgrade fodder later on.

also
>You want to spam cheaper heals, no?
You get free heals with wrath, what are you doing nigger?

Iunno shit about fisting? What suffix do you want on them then?

Energy is top tier for all weapons

healer or dps?

>for all weapons
Boy

Healing I guess, but would be nice if handy for dealing damage as well?

SLUT
SLUUUUUUT

how's my solo build lads

Are the community servers down? I've been queued for E1 for about an hour now, as a tank.

How angry do you have to be to disembowel and brain every firstborn kid of Egypt?

It really makes you think that the Jews are responsible for turning Aten to the Filth.

>tank with 5.5k health
>literally has no idea what he is doing
>should be doing elite 1, but somehow ended up in elite 3
>bantz
>they kick me
>get to leave that shithole of a respawn fest with no deserter debuff
all according to keikaku

Downed him next try BTW

>

That feel when you want to make a group to run high elites fast and efficient, but people are shit and there is almost nobody worth inviting.

All the fucking jews are probably infected with Filth. Hence the "wells suddenly become poisonous when Jews are around" thing.

Not even being a /pol/lack or going full moon here, guys. Just go play The Unburnt Bush mission. It's canon that Jew magic forced Aten to turn to the Dreamers and the Filth to protect his subjects and kingdom.

You went on an "urban" tangent and your wondering why you got kicked? I would of started the vote myself, then id kick the tank next.

>You went on an "urban" tangent and your wondering why you got kicked?
I think you are being a bit dumb here.
>>get to leave that shithole of a respawn fest with no deserter debuff
>all according to keikaku
I voted to retreat and they didn't. So the next best thing is to get kicked.
I have no idea where you are getting this narrative that I wanted to stay with uber shitters and a tank in full dps gear that keeps wiping the team try after try.

What's the best suffix for fist and shotgun? I wanna try them out

>E1 HE
>greet PUG
>1 person doesn't reply
>mix of blues and greens
>AR/Blade
>vaguely spanish looking name
>wait for pleb at 1/6 for around a minute
>just runs through the pair of jinn
>have to kill them before even starting the boss
>begin fight
>get SitB cast on me
>take a few steps back and pop a CD
>pleb just rotates around the bosses and stands on the edge of the aoe and dies
>repeat ad nauseam for the rest of the dungeon

Not sure why there's been an uptick in unforgivably retarded people in elites lately. At least one of the DPS was a mythic rarity Hammer/Fist memer

Hmmm

>Plays E1, literally the very next content after the story mission
>Too lazy to form your own group with people you trust and use pubfinder instead
>Surprised when your pubs aren't MLG gamers
?????

Suffering, what's the deal with the "((" that dude keeps doing anyway. I thought cykablyats were the only ones that did that.
If walking directly into an AoE or just standing still even when you see your entire team run the opposite direction is MLG criteria, then I fear for this game.

Maybe if they kept in the Gatekeeper and nightmare zones in overland PvE it would have weeded the plebs.

I'll agree on the gatekeeper, but keeping nightmare zones would have been pointless without loot drops removed, unless they would have given a shitton of shards, I could get behind that.

anyone answer?

Depends on what you're doing. If its dps, consider the alacrity on fist and energy for shotgun. Once you've got alot crit rating and got the timing down in fights, I'd go havoc on both, an extra 7% crit power is always good.

>tfw no more airport/quarry farming with retarded AR/Chaos/Blade builds
Energy for shotgun handsdown, not sure about Fist but I'd probably say it'd be Energy again.

>energy

really? I thought havoc was top tier end game? is it different for fist and shotty?

>bed
Really? I though a coffin was top tier end game in life. Is it really different for humans?

did this sound clever to you before you actually typed it out?

Read my whole post instead of the first sentence, shit ain't hard man.

being this autistic

>calls me autistic
>after he just went into an autistic babble

>no u
yeah, nice comeback
Did you consider the fact that I am not even the same guy who made the post?

Def. not energy on shotgun or fists, energy is bad unless you use 3e consumers. Havoc or Destruction is better.

>radiant ashes
vs
>luminous crushed cities

which works better overall between 2 pip unique vs 3 pip standard?

>the binding
;_; i cri evry tiem
Probably the Radiant Ashes, unless you think you might be able to gather up 2.5k secret shekels for an imbuer then go with the Crushed Cities.

Get radiant ashes and level that shit up. When you eventually get crushed cities 3 pip, replace it.

>it's a finally used the Whispering Tide charity catalyst episode
>it's a 5 (FIVE) purified weapon anima with a crit and only get to the weapon up to level 3

i sure do love da grindan gaem

So, with glyphs is it best to level them up till max, level up another and promote it and then replace the original?

i might be misunderstanding what you mean, but you can fuse glyphs while they're in equipment. they have to be in the top slot though, i think.

You dare challenge the might of the hell dimensions?!

Oh thank god, I didn't know if you could fuse equipped glyphs

Someone on the reddit forums,because of course funcom was to lazy to create their own, did the math and the difference between a 3 pip talisman and 3 pip BIS talisman is 2% dps. Stick with the radiant.