Clutch started acting like it had air in the lines

>clutch started acting like it had air in the lines
>bleed it
>still feel a little squishy
>2 days later clutch is gone
>bleed it again
>still a little squishy but it works.
>2 days later clutch is out again

Sitting st the gym waiting on my wife to pick me up so I can go get a wrench and bleed the lines. The master cylinder is only 5 months old, and the clutch isn’t visibly leaking anywhere, around the slave or master. What could the problem be?

>pic is me currently.

>choke
>rhd

what are you driving, user? Did you replace master and slave with genuine? I'va had shitty rebuilds fail in a short amount of time.

JDM Surf. I replaced the master with a shitty part from advanced but the master isn’t showing any signs of problems. I didn’t replace the slave so I guess that’s my next move.

Holy shit that's nice.

Replace line and slave. There may be a leak on the line that you can't see where a small amount of air/moisture is getting in.

>buys a meme vehicle
>cant do basic maintenance

faggot

Replace the master with an oem/oem supplier part, my shitbox showed those symptoms too and it eventually blew out along the bottom ring. It's probably sucking air from there. Can't hurt to do the slave and clutch hose at the same time if it's not too hard though.

this.

>goes to thread
>makes useless comment

user.

it can only be a leak in the lines

probably in a cheeky little spot you cant see it

Just drive without the clutch wtf

god DAMN that is a clean rig

you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes

He did say he is at the gym, I wear steel toe work boots 90% of the time, but when I want to go jogging or know that Ill be longboarding, riding a bike or driving a car with a sensitive clutch, I wear Nike running shoes.

try pumping the slave cylinder slowly with your hand while the reservoir is open and have some watch for bubbles, also instead of pumping it to bleed let it gravity bleed. I was having a squishy pedal on my z till i did that

Check master/pedal bracket. If they crack and the master pushrod is misaligned with the bore, it tears the orings inside. You'll need a new master and bracket at that point. Seen it on multiple cars, including one of my own once

That's why you drive an automatic, you retard.

All you manual plebs are always running into stupid problems like with all these random clutch cylinders, just because "muh feels".

While I'm over here leisurely driving comfortably through traffic with no clutching at all. All I have to do is just bring my car to the mechanic's recommended monthly tuneup (only like 60 bucks per tuneup) and I'm good to go.

720/year is SURELY cheaper than having to replace a clutch cylinder or two every 10 years.

>Monthly tuneup
Good grief, do you drive a horse?

>the year of our lord 1888 + 130
>not having a self adjusting clutch
Normies I fuckn swear

monthly tune up? Jesus christ user do you fucking stir your boyfriends cum with the plug wires?

A hydraulic clutch is "self adjusting". Until it leaks.

>mfw cable actuated clutch
Still works just fine...

What are valve bodies?

Internal leak in the slave or master.

>Blows a shitfer solenoid
>$3000

>blow a master cylinder
> $100 and a half an hour of work

Same. Cable clutch master race. Hydraulic fags BTFO

Same goes for the hydraulic disc brakes on montain bikes, they require more maintainance, tools and fail more often than mechanical disc brakes.

mechanical disc brakes do not stop as good as hydraulic

>didn't replace master and slave as a set
you fucked up OP

My transmission, including clutch, has more than 100.000 on it, most of that in the city.
The maintanance it has required so far was 0.
No flushing, no DCT clutches, no solenoids nothing.
The transmission is still fine and will most likely last another 50.000 100.000 before the clutch requires replacement.

Both have more power than your wheels have traction in all conditions.
If you want even more, simply step up a rotor sieze.

>water
>fire
>air
>dirt
>master cylinders
>how do they work?

all you need to do is clean them there simple to dissassemble and if you have a brake cylander hone you can even remove a lip but i doubt youll have one

Did you have a stroke?

does the fluid look brown and nasty when you bleed it?
i'd change the slave just to be safe

Sometimes when the master cylinder shits a seal it leaks back up into the reservoir when you press the pedal, so you don't lose any fluid

>Sometimes when the master cylinder shits a seal it leaks back up into the reservoir when you press the pedal, so you don't lose any fluid

hey that's an interesting input. the more you know.

Nice truck mate.

Should replace those shoes instead

Yep, where I’m from we call those “faggot shoes”

>Implying my clutch uses hydraulics