/ovg/ - Sideways edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdGodiy7Ax0
youtube.com/watch?v=NwwsKO7Z4j4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv6sN2EGLAg
youtube.com/watch?v=RDc3iGbtNG4
youtube.com/watch?v=82ZKNd1f6rE
youtube.com/watch?v=av7aXRVJV4w
dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for feeding shitposters

>Forza RC pop up comes up tells me to register on FM7
>check website
>terms and conditions
>requires an Xbox 1 and Xbox Live Gold
>tfw Microsoft shafted PC players hard as fuck

post TRANS-AM webms

automobilista race when?

ffs

buy a 70 eur xbox one with a shot disc drive, some xbox live, win the competition and make a profit

Going to make another video about the rally event. Give me (You)r suggestions on music choices for each stage.

some time ago we tried to run something in ams, and it was not incredible. more or less the same issues as rfactor, except with more brazil and built-in broken plugins
but do feel free to try again maybe you'll succeed

I’m not good enough, I just thought it might have been a fun to give it a shot.
Oh well I guess

Which of these PC2 DLCs are going to add some fun street cars and a touge map

Assetto Corsa or rFactor 2 - which is better? And which has more base content (and quality mods too)

There's rumors of a new gt3 series on ams

fingers crossed then

none
porsche pack comes with Porsche 959S and Carrera GT (sound of latter is way off),
before in June around LeMans there will be LeMans pack with 1970 Lemans track and 2016 LMP1 cars from Toyota, Porsche and Audi, Porsche 961, Porsche 924 GTP, Porsche 917LH, Ferrari 512 and some older ferrari race car
and last pack will come with bunch of ferraris (F40, F12tdf and 458Speciale A being road ones) and Interlagos and Fiorano and maybe mugello will come too.

but there are some mods coming.

>Porsches
>LMPs
>Ferraris
Yeah I might as well drop this game

automobilista is fucking terrible and there will never be another series in it

rF2 has better physics, and has a future, so to speak. AC Dev cycle is practically over, and AC AWD physics are far from ideal.
AC has way better content tho. Both official and modded. rF peasants insist it's ok to just port rf1 tracks with a total of 13 polygons and shit track mesh. The best rF2 tracks are ports too, the ones that I've found.

no theres not

raceroom GT3 series when?

maybe when you buy it first

but I bought my favorite GT3 and every track that isn't shit a while ago

now tell all your friends to do the same

How do I eliminate getting severe fps drops in automobilista? Shit happens at random and regardless of what video setting I set the game to.

No way fag. Raceroom blows

mid-90's techno for the whole montage

youtube.com/watch?v=YdGodiy7Ax0

You can't

Tough call then. I'm leaning torwards AC purely for the content. I just want some fun to drive retro cars (and ideally also some 90s street cars like the Jag XJ220 or its racing variant). Also AC seems to have more variety in tracks too.

Aaa can't decide.

xth for i'm gonna need more than 2 other people to do the n200 rally for an hour

Are you an avid Formula E fan that is upset that the Renault e.dams car is not available?

No? Well i have good news anyway
the livery is now available for the #33 Techeetah Z.E. 16
the sticker kit is also available and should work with any 2017 FE car but requires you to paint the car and adjust the placement of the wrap yourself

Name a better game

Is pic related just a meme or a genuine fun game to play on a toaster?

What your GT?

just search for renault e.dams
should work for both the car and the sticker kit

in testing ive realised that some (all?) of the other formula e cars dont get the front wing painted with the rear like the techeeta so if you get the sticker youll have to make the wing black too

get a better CPU/GPU combo

0.01$ have been deposited in your account

It's cool to not favor AC here
AC is far superior especially if you're counting mods

You know the specific HSB you used for that blue? it looks pretty nice

do you find driving 20 minutes at 180km/h through a forest in complete darkness 'genuine fun'?

two tone polished
0.56/1.00/1.00
0.57/1.00/1.00

this is good but I will need more

the menu theme is basically a longer clean intro theme
youtube.com/watch?v=NwwsKO7Z4j4

another one
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv6sN2EGLAg

doom 2

The physics are awful, it's worse to play than most newgrounds 3d racing games.
But it's pretty autistic about rallying, so if you like the idea of changing a wheel at the side of the road in real time, you'll love it.

What did he mean by this?

can he even ride a bike? i wouldnt be surprised if he says it should be played with a wheel

>still caring about james
move on brother.

This is the last time, I swear. I just saw him pop up in a comments section and I just had to, since I'm so used to jamesposting

>The physics are awful
it's got more consistent physics than even modern games like SHiT Rally

biggest thing it does wrong is you can't really spin wheels and go sideways, which is what flyover/entry level rallyfags mainly expect in a rally game

also default grip values are too high, makes the cars corner and brake too easy, at least you can lower those

>changing a wheel at the side of the road in real time
you only play a wheel of fortune minigame to determine how much of a penalty you get

>/ovg/ is so poor it has to buy own-brand rally games
youtube.com/watch?v=RDc3iGbtNG4

>drove a chrysler
>expected a mustang
>got a camaro

what

youtube.com/watch?v=82ZKNd1f6rE

>/ovg/ is so poor it has to buy own-brand rally games
What did he mean by this?

>can't afford an actual WRC license
Pathetic
youtube.com/watch?v=av7aXRVJV4w

name a better game

It's so old the NG flash games probably used it as a reference.

>Assetto feels spartan and lacks atmosphere
>iRacing is stupid expensive and can't be enjoyed casually
>PCars 2 is buggy and dead with lackluster car choices
>Forza FFB is horrible and players suck
>GT Sport is _________
I haven't played it yet, what is the main drawback? I heard it sucks for people who want to drive 3-pedal + H-shifter

barren of cars and tracks

Genuinely the biggest let down of a game I've played in a good while. Played the shit out of 2, then started hearing about how it was apparently shit compared to the original.
Anyone who says shit like that about Juiced's opinion should be immediately disgraced.

My PC run assetto corsa, rfactor 2 and numerous other modern titles at 60 fps without issue, but I know you're just being a contrarian because you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, it's okay though, I forgive you.

threadly OVGWRC reminder

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

But 2 is absolute shit compared to 1

YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG

>He fell for the VR meme

guys can you help me?

im decent in rfactor iracing project cars dirt rally rbr whatever simulator but when it comes to assetto corsa i fucking suck

like literally i fucking suck im slow af no matter what i do. is there something assetto corsa has that the other sims dont?

Yeah, simulation value

change fov, maybe find some ffb config, just tweak around

for me, iracing and assetto are pretty much the same when it comes to overall feel. from all of the sims only pcars feels different, mostly because everything is so grippy and twitchy there

It can be a fun game to try and spot whether people recommending VR are in denial or not

Ayyyyyyy lol.

Project cars is shit. Never was a simulator. And dirt rally is just... Rally, different from assetto Corsa. AC just takes practice. I use it for drifting and took me about 2 months to even do it properly and consistently. What do you use btw? I have a g27

Also, any of you up for some drift sessions? I got my own server and I'm always looking for people to drift with.

i used project cars as an example. how come im only bad at ac consistently? i tried doing over 100 laps with no decent progress when for example if i do 100 laps in iracing or whatever i start seeing small improvements with the same setup.

I know its something with me but ive no idea what it is and it happens every time its fucking frustrating. also yes i use a g27

ill try changing the ffb and fov settings since as of right now im using default.

post best moments

AC is challenging. First, do you have the g27 set up right? Im leaning towards you having just a wonky set up. You use the Logitech profiler? I think is called? Hell, I still make changes daily when I play since every car is different. Have you messed with car set ups? They make huge differences too

i usually use 480 540 degrees and everything else is on default.

im not good with setups but setups in ac are pretty straight forward since every option has detailed explanation on what every little thing does but the chance of me doing a shitty setup is still pretty high.

i think this sim is the only one that may not be for me but i wont give up just yet

>You use the Logitech profiler?
is it good or bad? i'm playing sims for over a year now with g27 and i only needed this profiler once, when rf2 demo wasn't working with a wheel. i fail to see any purpose for this software

also, since we're at overall config tips
racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
this is amazing, not only it makes your wheel sterile smooth, it also removes deadzone from the middle

Don't give it up, I went through the same Fuck this game phase and eventually got it. Look up videos, etc.
Is good, if you look up set ups for ac everyone says to use the profiler and let the game override settings if needed. I may be wrong though and could very well just skip the profiler, but I've used it for 1 year now with good results. Again I drift in AC but should not matter what one does.

Thanks for the link, gonna check it tomorrow.

2 was legit trash. Apply yourself.

AC has tight FOV and a really terrible camera, mouse over to the right side of the screen while on track and find the icon that looks like a helmet with a Genome Soldier-sized sight cone coming out of it.
Use that to adjust FOV and head position. Don't forget to save it.

don't forget about real head motion
v1.0.4.2 from the ac forum

content-less, sport mode is shit, players suck, and the livery editor is shit

2 is overall more refined in terms of gameplay, but it managed to be even cheesier in terms of atmosphere. neither are particularly good games and were only really liked by people that couldn't afford a need for speed game

my favorite moments of the GT6 series were each time the mclaren driver showed how terrible he is at driving

>sweden
>sweden while it's snowing
>which looks like thick fog with only 10-20m of visibility ahead of you
Event organizer senpai, I do not wish to experience that anytime soon. I would say that's literally the hardest and most tiring stage combination in the rally game.

>is there something assetto corsa has that the other sims dont?
Lots and lots of understeer.

>VR is a meme
Good shit bro. Maybe if you save your money at Arby's you might be able to get one and then you won't have to pretend you don't want one. Hey can I get a 5 for 5 roast beef and cheddar with jalapeno? Thanks man, appreciate it.

Sims in general are far more stressful than other genres of games on computers. There is a lot to process and it’s a very solid starting point of advice.
For reference my rig can run many modern games at max settings with 60FPS yet there exist 2 GB grand strategy map painting simulators that can literally throttle my computer to a forced shutdown if I let things get too dicey
Now that being said you might want to first start by checking the game files and making sure they’re in order if you bought it legit, download and apply the latest update if not.
Next you’ll want to remove all modifications and run the game like that and see if the problem persists
Add them back one at a time and test until you can recreate the issue.
If it happens without mods, the issue is in your installation or computer
I think you’ll be able to figure out the rest, gl hf user

Also - things to check for
Antivirus (unlikely but you never know)
Advanced graphics settings (some are inherently unstable)
Your brand of graphics card automobillista in a google search, just to make sure there aren’t any reported problems with drivers
Oh and administrator rights.

git gud

You gotta remember its a game based off of rFactor 1 which is 13 years old at this point. Along with the fact that its made by Brazilians (which should answer why it runs like shit) is the fact that its a 13 year old game with a ton of plugins, sweetfx shit and whatever else they've done to the engine.

good post

I'll never get tired of this pasta

3/10 for the effort
watch the madrid race again

why would I need the madrid race when there are all the mulsanne corners where you just kept putting people in the sand?