/domg/ - Dominions General

Diplomacy Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=67170&p=1427266
youtube.com/watch?v=O6HKh0tEUFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pelagia, could you please do a double turn now? You're literally attacking 2 provinces.

Sub wanted for C'tis. Fucker is going for a turn 1 stale strat. Alternatively should I just set this fucker AI or something?

Dear Diary,
it is now turn 48. N9E9 giants are still uncounterable.

I thought Jude is better than that. I mean, he's ponynigger, so he definitely has a retarded streak to him, but doomstack warfare when an enemy can defensive turn EQx999 is just sad. And to add insult to injury, it wasn't even EQ. SAD!

no ai please, better to restart than to have an ai t1, sub better yet

Right so. I'll give it a few hours while we wait and see if anyone wants to sub, failing that I'll just restart.

Hey can I get a 24 hour extension? Also would you consider moving the timer to 32 or 48 hours, we're at like turn 41

Is there any way to try this game for free? poorfag here, I wasn't able to find any up-to-date torrents, any tips?

If you are not the guy who keepsasking and genuinely want to know, not really. You are best off waiting for a sale.

Nobody is doing up to date cracks because people mostly play MP anyway. You can find an older torrent or wait for a sale. It goes -50% quite frequently.

I simply want to try it, I've found torrent of version 4.10, is this new enough?

That's some old stinky shit. Still, won't matter for SP, most likely.

what was it then?

Rigor Mortis - Relief - cascades - E10N9 bull charging into shit, heavy cav baiting magma eruptions.

Any games starting soon?

if you want to sub for ea ctis on turn 0 then you could start immediately and cause the turn to rotate

No, but I'm sure moggers is willing to.
Ask him in steam chat.

Thats not a bad idea.

You can find version 4.29 for dl

give em the white bull cok

Turns out moggers is already C'tis.

Where? I wasn't able to find it, maybe I'm just retarded or something

ell oh ell

pfffft hahahahah

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=67170&p=1427266

Another proof that fags are gay.

Oh yeah, I really am retarded, thanks for link

Does this game have any notable players/pros?
Aside from t.Makalal

It has me.

i make 999999 gems per month from my nike sponsorship deal

Dominions has way too small of a playerbase to have pros.

I dont get it

>no cheating AI
Is this the old version?

>user says to ask moggers to sub for C'tis
>ask moggers
>he tells me he is C'tis in that game
Seems like he didnt see his turn come in.

Could you post the new one?

yeah that happend to me, I didnt even get a pretender confirmation for one of my games. Turns out it was all being sent to my junkmail

I think a game like Dominions could be made appealing to the normie, esports crowd. All it needs is better presentation and accessibility.

Imagine watching a Dominions-like match at a venue:

>mage casts RoS
>crowd goes wild

youtube.com/watch?v=O6HKh0tEUFc
illfraud just needs to make a micro-intensive korean nation

slower paced turn based games are already getting into e-sports too

heartstone for example

hearthstone has way more depth to it than dominions

idk maybe

it's a 1v1 game though

i would like to see crowds gathering to spectate ffas

>commentator: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>MALAKALUUUUUUUUUUUUU GANKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And 24h for Bandar.

Hearthstone kinda plays itself

I can sub. Come to steam chat.

No need. Turns out the guy just didnt see the email. Thanks for the offer though.

Well come to steam chat anyway.

Ok?

Did he send you dick picks?

No but nicknight s back apparently.

Does Aran send him his dick pics?

You'd have to ask them that.

Ur do your tUrn.

I get the joke

>not do ur turn
One job.

I just woke up. I'll double if I'm really last.

cd key or i let this thread die

Just buy it

This thread wont die, every time it is some jerkoff comes in and says ded. Bring it BACK from the ded

Here you go user.

I'll need extensions for the next turn (that is to say, not this one) of both MyLifeIsFallingApart and JapeCulture until, say, 11:59 AM BST on Wednesday the 23rd.

If you'd rather set me to AI in the former, that's reasonable - I can't do much in my current situation, though I'm trying - but I'd appreciate if you didn't do it in the case of the latter. Someone needs to deal with the ghosts, after all.

Speaking of Falling Apart.

Sub this worthless trash.

If you were to put EA Arco into a tier what tier would they be?

Greek

Interesting.

>the timer to 32 or 48 hours
Do you even need a turn that long? It isn't like you are at war with anybody yet and nobody really has more than 1 cap so mages are still in kinda manageable numbers.

Average. Weak early, strong in midgame, falls off in lategame. Scales pretty well with skill, though.

>nobody really has more than 1 cap
R'lyeh has 4, Oblivious-kun.

How the hell did Rlyeh defeat Pelagia?

Since when?

Tarrasque with Forbidden Light: "I am growing stronger"

Pelagia in the lore tried to suicide all their shit on the surface

By submitting the pretender, unlike Pelagia.

Like 2 turns ago.

I haven't had time too see my turn. Did Fomoria attack me?

How likely is Earthquake going to do 8 damage to a Def 14 character?

Elludia didn't take a double despite being last, for the second time in a row. Two is a coincidence.

Yep, sent a single thugged druid against you. Killed 1 Jag warrior, died to vengeance.

And before you accuse our honest news agency of trying to incite people into attacking you, please note that we only report facts, and let people decide for themselves what conclusions to make out of them.

That's because he's trembling in fear from the sight of my power Lịch power dicks.

Indeed, but it seems you news agency seems to focus a lot on certain nations and ignore what some Enkidu "rebels" with Ur technology are up to.

Says the guy with at least 2 sieged forts who doesn't know how to use patrols to prevent a single scout from locking production.

>giving away classified tacticool secrets

Well, Mictlan v Lanka so far is the only conflict that is not 100% one-sided. Lanka has killed like a bunch of jags and shit.
Much unlike Bery, whose fate is similar to 1939's Poland.

The proud nation of Ur has literally had 1 "major" battle so far, the one against Agartha in Sauro's cap. And while i dont think i've posted the log, i'm pretty sure i've given it enough coverage, along with the sad aftermath (The one where AI Sauro's longdeads deal more damage to Agartha's army than i did a few turns before).

What have you been doing anyway? I have heard about everyone else but the slimes have been pretty quiet.

did bery start the fight
because 1939 poland started the fight

Makes the game more fun.
Recruiting magi and summoning jellies.

Protip: slimes are op

t. Deyja

Did 1939 poland start the fight and then have a new leader subbed in to captain the sinking ship?

Furthermore, Doom must be destroyed.

t. Deyja

Anyone have the link to that White Centaur x Wailing Lady story?

no

Everybody knows that you have been screeching about it long enough. Personally I would prefer 24h turns so we can get this over with one way or another.

24h turns are objectively the best

Your god is minding his own business when this guy arrives, how fucked are you?

I now am the proud owner of an Eater of Gods (probably for just the one turn before he breaks free)