>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Postchengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500

InfraArcana v19.x has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt

Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA [and more in the future])
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for ToMENet

>intended way to play the game is bones stuffing
S H I T

Tangledeep is very non-vegan

Name one (1) vegan worth caring about.

My spriggan enchanter. I don't want him to splat after getting 3 runes

Is there a C:DDA mod that teleports you back to your shelter when you die instead of permadeath so I don't have to keep making savegame backups?

>playing stabbers
>when you can't kill anything past vaults
Shiggy

>he doesn't know

Nice comic.

>killed yet again by a shocker zombie
I didn't think birdshot would be THAT weak at point blank range

Cool Days or Dark Days?
Reminder that mainline CDDA has massively nerfed ranged combat so if you're playing the unpatched version you should not use any ranged less spammable than pneumatics or lasers.

How do I make good pneumatics

Cool days ahead. I found a mossberg 500 and some birdshot while raiding a mall so I decided to try and kill the shocker that was hanging around my hideout. I landed 4 hits at point blank before it killed me from 80% health.

Someone said Archmage is no longer top 5 classes

so I'd like to see /rlg/'s take on the top 5 classes

sward is not a class

Point blank as in constant melee?
You lose accuracy when you're attacked in melee. With most ranged, it's better to kite.

Yeah I should have planned that whole skirmish better. I thought luring it to a car and then opening the door while it was one tile away would give me enough time to kill it, but I guess not. I was able to land good hits with every shot, it's just that birdshot is useless on anything bigger than squirrels.

tomenet is not tome4

anyway possessor > massive power gap > paradox mage > archer > shadowblade > arcane blade > archmage

to elaborate: possessor does what every other class does, twice as well. you get insane+ monster stats and double combat masteries so you can essentially run as a better AB. it has great damage reduction skills and randbosses have several thousand more hp than you ever will have, plus you can keep them alive with bathe in light anyway.

paradox mage has been better than AM since edge reworked it into his super speshul OC class in like 1.3. it has DR thats even better than AM and does actual damage with attenuate stacking.

archer just does retarded dps from range 13 so you kill everything before they even enter LoS

shadowblade benefits the most from sawrd but even without it you can get like 40k dps on dummies, if you use mercy you can kill elandar even on madness before your elixir of invulnerability runs out. it also has shenanigans involving bathe in light like every other non archer toptier due to ambuscade, which can also be abused to suicide bomb randbosses for massive damage with your clones then go back to your main character with no damage or cooldowns used.

AB is like archmage but it does actual damage with spellflurry. 1.5 tried to nerf staves but you can still get 2.5% proc bonus shortstaves so really you just need more vaulting.

How come archmage isn't god tier anymore? What did they nerf?

nothing but archmage never did good damage, its infinitely more tedious than even the shittiest melee class and the payoff isnt good since you can do better even on madness. plus a bunch of classes got power creeped above it in the reworks.

Yeah, birdshot is pretty bad.
It has 14 damage while 00 buckshot has 50 damage.
For comparison, even a 9mm pistol round as 26 damage.

>birdshot
It's specifically designed to kill small woodland creatures, with minimal damage to the meat. The game even tells you this.

At arms length distance (at least IRL) the shot would still be tightly clustered enough to cause some serious wounds. But yes I know it was my fault for being dumb.

What is Cool Days?

A patched version of the game that removes some of the sins against game design.
github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/releases

I see, Coolthulhu must have finally lost his mind.

After seeing how much of a cunt Kevin is I don't blame him.

>lost his mind
?

So

0.D soon

cdda's default mode is non-permadeath
just create a new character and they'll spawn in the same world and be able to loot all the good shit off of the dead guy

the only real roguelike mode in cdda is delete-world-on-death

find the recipe book and have 6-8 mechanics skill
the pneumatic crossbow is pretty fun for labdiving
silent, does enough damage to oneshot most zombos, and you can pick the ammo back up after using it
for max value you need to have a forge set up already so you can make steel crossbow bolts out of car wreckage though

IRL, it's highly illegal to hunt larger animals with birdshot, because it cannot kill them just wounds them and they eventually die from infection.

Getting loot is not the hard part. Grinding up the shitty skills like archery and tailoring is the awful part and why you don't want to die.

How do I play possessor without dying like a bitch?

Me on the right.

recall that books count as loot
recall that the only thing keeping you from locking yourself in an RV and reading all the books in the trunk over the course of 3 weeks is your food and water supply
recall that big tanks of water and piles of dehydrated food also count as loot

>haven't played pcb since 5.0.x
>get the new meme version
>save file incompatible
I forget, do I just need to start up 5.0 and quit my character to keep my monster and item memory?

I don't believe you can keep memory at all.
Save files from version 6.xx or 5.xx (or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 for that matter) aren't compatible with 7.xx

Play Insane or Madness

That sounds counter productive.

How do I get into a gun shop? It has a metal door.
Lockpicking, smashing, prying with a level 4 prying strength tool doesn't work.

smash the wall down by driving a car into it

it isnt, they get exponentially better with stronger enemies

I meant what talents should I go for, general gamepay, etc...

Using a mod I guess? Or did they make the doors unable be picked in the normal game now.

You can cut the bars on the window with a hacksaw and then smash it if you don't mind setting the alarm off.

>tome archer now gets a passive that makes you immune to your own projectiles
when did this happen
this is a tragic loss of shenanigans potential
i want to see more archer bros getting bone-grabbed into the path of their own critical snipe and oneshotting themselves

They are only practically impossible to pick. I can try, but it always fails.
I'll try cutting the bars. Don't care much about the alarm, I butchered most zombies in the immediate area.

the alarm summons police bots, doesn't it?

I thought nightblade was shit, is it not shit?

*shadowblade

how fucking retarded to you have to be to quote the wrong person

>trying to kill a shocker with birdshot

They always did OK damage, sawrd memes notwithstanding, but had jackshit survival now they got trained reactions so they became better.

They always had the best damage and good survivability early game (time shield is dumb) but they didn't scale well so you got one shotted
Now trained reactions exists they lost their only real weakness so they're god tier. Also see pic related.

what is this supposed to teach us? The vegan dies in the end the the cannibal lives.

You could almost say it's like, you know, evolution

>sawrd
REMOVED

This isn't the thief quest I remember.

The reward: a ring of protection that I don't actually have a slot for yet.

Isn't it still in stable?

nu-thiefquest is scarier than the old one, with both tougher enemies and some traps
i'm sad that quylthulg can no longer do it at level 1 for freexp

Choose Cornac, boost Possession category and upgrade skills in it ASAP. Solipsism is important too because damage absorbed into your Psi (which regenerates) is not damage to your HP (which doesn't). Keep temp points in Psionic Disruption and use it for your main DPS, possess things with disables (IE bears) and use them liberally. Rank 7 Possess for boss corpses is generally considered more meme than necessity, but you're doing something wrong if you're on madness and don't want randboss corpses.

i am nothing

In honor of my first combat win I propose that cockmind and tanglememe be added to the OP pasta. Their absence is glaring considering the other obscure crap there.

Gozags Bribe Branch - how it works? It better to use it on Llv 1 and then go down or only on Lvl 5 where is rune. Also Bribe status goes from White to Blue, what does this mean?

Random enemies, starting with the highest-HD, are either made neutral or changed into permanent allies. It's usually best to save it for the rune/orb floor.

Maybe you should write a pasta for them instead of whining about the lack of one.

Why cornac and not OGRE?

Ogre HP is pretty useless when you're in another body and most inscriptions/runes aren't useful to possessor
OGRE is better for sawrd memes though i guess?

>Cogmind: A roguelike where you play as a modular robot in an AI-controlled complex that responds to your actions. Features a non-linear storyline and a lot of polish. Originally criticized for its $30 early-access price tag.

I don't maintain the pasta though, so whoever does still has to see this and add it.

It's still criticized for its ridiculous price tag.

Only by poorfag babies. Refusing to spend 20 bucks on an indie game just supports Denuvo-using AAA devs.

>paying for roguelikes
Ayy lmao

Kyz is literally retarded though
>pay more money for a half finished early access game than when it drops on steam
Also I don't give money to dangerhair SJWs anyway.

what difficulty & permadeath setting do you guys usually play TOME at?

Insane Roguelike

actually, spending or not spending money does not matter
your life is inherently futile and almost nothing you do will make a difference to the world at large
contributing one drop to an ocean of millions does not change anything
humans simply delude themselves into thinking their individual contribution matters to avoid confronting the pointlessness of reality

ive been playing madness for about a year, once you go up difficulty wise you never turn back

I can probably add together the cost of about 6 or 7 of the roguelikes/roguelites I have paid for to total to fucking 30 dollars.

>not being a NEET playing roguelikes on a toaster
The spirit of rlg has been lost

Have there been any significant changes in crawl trunk?

Is Cogmind worth pirating?

>dangerhair SJWs
What
Not really
It's not really fun
It's trying hard into muh tight design by making you always feel weak and burdening you with constant need to manage inventory thanks to very annoying item destruction mechanics.

Nothing that matters has been done since the tournament.

Though there's a branch with more food meme changes since this is clearly what is important in crawl.

no
>he doesn't know how fucked roguelike devs are

>latest build removed High Elves
aight fuck you then

crawl development seems to be dying down unfortunately. Aside from the new gnoll race everyone hates and some minor vault changes there is literally nothing new in .21.

yes

Non-Free as in Freedom, not free beer means it's roguelite at best.
How fucked is cockmongl dev though?

dcss devs are goons
qud devs are goons
tangledeep dev is goon
cogmind dev is goon
dungeonmans dev is goon
dredmor devs were semi-goons

how many non-goon roguelike devs exist in the universe? i guess pcbdev but he doesnt even have internet access so of course he cant be a goon

IA dev may not be?

>The master race of Shalore Archmage will rise again and genocide the mud race known as ogres and their kike masters cornacs.
Wtf did dorkgod mean by this?

How do you hunt small animals in C:DDA when they all just run away before you could even get into bow range?
Pastebins says kill bunnies and shit, but can't even get close.

I usually end up aggroing a dog pack and butchering them with a club if I need meat. Must be a better way to hunt.

He's just some asian(?) guy who posts on roguelike subreddits all day to shill his game. As far as I know he's never commented on politics or posted a picture of himself, so is completely full of shit. Literally saying "don't support this guy because he's a roguelike dev and all roguelike devs are bad".

Heh.....nothin personnel,,,,archmage.....

No one talks about ADOM at all, but this guy is pretty chill and not a faggot.

>this guy is pretty chill and not a faggot

*Gases&removes you*
nothing personnel my minion.
I'm buffing archmage next patch.

speaking of shitty roguelike devs
DUDE ORC VAGINAS LMAO

Remove sawrd.
Remove anus of urh'cuck.
Remove steamfucks.
1.0.4 ONLY.
Praise archmage.

remove dumb goons like razakai and shibari breaking balance just so they can feel good by bragging on somethingawful.com about haha i beat insane aren't i great at vidya xD

Remove edge and return the balance of memes, 1 shots and archmage being retardedly overpowered.