/xcg/ XCOM General

No snake-fuckers edition.

Previous OperationNews:
1)EXPANSION dropping August 29th
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer (embed)
>[YouTube] 112 new things in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Yes, seriously) (embed)
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj (embed)
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1 (embed)
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie (embed)

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.4 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4 (embed)

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z (embed)

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631509676
youtu.be/WC1DLT1s_hw
youtu.be/WGa0cQHrrdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

XCom soldiers were made to lay with serpents.

DELET

>And they were little better than criminals themselves from what Barzano could tell. A more devious nest of scheming
vipers he had scarce encountered - outside his own organisation, he reflected with a wry grin. Each of the cartels had, at
one point or another, allied with one other in return for short-term goals and profits, before reneging on their contracts and
supporting yet another cartel. It appeared that this was a quite normal state of affairs and it depressed Barzano immensely
to think that, as the forty-first millennium drew to a close, humanity still could not put aside its differences when virtually
every alien race in the galaxy was bent on its destruction.

>Vipers

ree

>valkyria ports never

fuck

>Wanting to fuck Sneks who larp as thinmen.
Collaborators should be shot on sight.

I'm playing xpiratez. How the fuck are you supposed to defend a new base when there's nowhere to put the defenders?

I swear I cant finish any LW2 campaign because I just keep restarting after getting 3/4 through the game

Huehuehue ports when

Also why has one of my retarded newbies been given a promotion when there's half a dozen other pirates who have near max stats and far better career stats?

All vipers must fucking hang

>10 days until cute Skirmisher waifus

I can't fucking wait

That's terrible. That's so fucking terrible. I love it.

D E P L O Y E D

Get ready for a snek faction you can recruit.

Wait does WOTC change Alien Hunter DLC so you don't get to play as Central anymore and just make it so the Rulers spawn in facilities now? I actually like the snake den level.

Yeah, and you don't get the backstory on how Vahlen created them...which makes it a bit odd when you hit your first facility and Bradford starts rambling on about "Vahlen's creations". I hope Lost Towers is still included, that mission is fun as hell.

You can choose if you want them the new way, or the old way, or the no way where they just spawn and rape you.

Yeah? Cause I watched this one YT and when he integrated it it spawned in a facility. Guess I have to wait for the 29th to actually see it.

I actually like the story, they should have made it so that the Berserker and Archon King were the only ones guarding the facility which makes sense since they're the only 2 that left the den.

This is a retarded noob question, and I should know the answer given how mlong I've owned the game, but have never tried.

How does the XCOM 2 psionics training work in regards to soldier class?
I've always put rookies in for Psi training. Can you put veterans in for psi training?
Do they get to keep any of their old abilities if so, or do they just benefit from better (or worse) stat gains?

If you do it the old way, the Berserker Queen and Archon King will only appear when you attack ADVENT facilities, then become random encounters if they escape from those missions?

No, rookies only.

You can only put rookies for psi training unlike in 1 where it's a late game/chance thing where you can put your colonel and still retain their skills.

You can only put rookies in psi training

That doesn't sound like the old way.

Way to break the YouTube links

What do you expect? We didn't EVAC in time.

It's still starting off their content the old way, going to the cave and confronting the Viper King. What I'm asking is if the other two Rulers will only appear guarding facilities and then become random encounters after that.

Yeah I think the other 2 rulers will only proc if you go to their facility.

Doubt it.

No one else was making a new thread, I've never done this before so maybe you should have made it.

modded recruit factions would be great

That game is so shallow.

The entire strategic design and tactical layer were focused entirely around countering X-COM strategies. It didn't do its own thing.

Well I like the Air defense feel and also the globe feels a lot more fulfilling but yeah you're right, it's quite shallow but it's fun in its own way. Just finished playing hardwest and didn't want to be burned out when the xpac comes out

I still like a lot of things in it, like how soldiers have previous military experience and how the map has events going on like abductions and stuff that adds to casualties and stuff. The combat was also fun it was just lacking a lot of things, I'm looking forward to see if the dev can build a lot with Xenonauts 2.

What do you want in 2? I kinda want powersuits/mechs while still having the vehicles also for the aliens to have vehicles since when you get the tank, you can basically tank a lot of hits and kill them in 1~2 shots, also better base building since base building wasn't that good imo in 1.

Yeah also I want the strategy layer to have deeper mechanics and better air combat, which the dev has said he is planning on doing. With the switch to a 3d engine I'm hoping there will be some decent soldier customization as imo that was one of the best parts of XCOM EU/2.

Would be a fun mechanic if you hire the pilots personally, like they have different stats and shit. Maybe fight Humans also since it's supposed to be set during the cold war right? While you fight aliens you also fight espionage?

No, you can't have it both ways. Old way just has the Queen and King random spawn afterwards.

God dammit. Here I was enjoying Marbozir's run since he hadn't been a complete dumbass, but that facility assault was just the worst. Not only did he not know what the Viper King's Bind did if you leave a soldier in it, but he had the perfect opportunity to have his Ranger shoot it in the face to force the retreat and didn't take it.

Then later he decides to sit around for 20 turns trying to make a pod move when it was obvious they were guarding the objective and when they do finally move following his Reaper and STAND NEXT TO A CAR, the fucker doesn't use Remote Start combined with the Claymore to completely wipe them out.

How can they be this bad? These people constantly clear legend difficulty, yet they make mistakes like this again and again when they have all the time in the world to think about things and just edit it out later.

>Help one
>Others hate you more

Would be interesting.

Because they're human and make mistakes, especially when they're playing a new, substantial expansion pack for the first time. The fact that they, as you said, "constantly clear legend difficulty" means they can't be THAT bad. I know people who can't even beat the game on Rookie.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631509676

A pity the mod is dead, looking for more silly stuff for my 2nd run (imagine your evac zone was a pigeon you had to chase around).

As someone with only the base game is there any point in me getting Alien Hunters and Shens last gift before the new expansion hits?

>Viper King's Bind
Now, to be fair, in all my walkthroughs i've never seen a full bind. Until the vid i didn't know it knocks out the soldier.
But i have to agree with the car, seeing people NOT blow shit up with Reaper is hard.

>A Chosen can spawn during Terror missions

This isn't even making mistakes. It's not even considering your options. Youtubers shouldn't have this problem, especially since he was sitting there for a good long while cutting out footage. Meanwhile you have Bahroo that's checking out Remote Start every time it popped up. Odd as well looked at least looked at it and tried to use it before moving into a poor position. Marb just got his head in ONE direction and stuck with it, instead of thinking maybe he should try a new approach when things weren't working.

It's ok to make mistakes. It isn't ok to say "I know this isn't exciting for you guys, but I'm going to do this anyway."

I don't even remember where I first saw that it did that, but I also knew from encounters with the other Rulers that their moves were stronger then their regular variants and all of them could knock unconscious. Even if I hadn't known for a fact.

But yeah, this is getting really stupid. People are writing the Reaper off as a worse Sniper simply because of their damage. Not even taking into account their other abilities. I have yet to see anyone take Distraction, or Blood trail. They see Banish and flip their shit, but won't take Blood Trail? A free extra 5 damage on Banish and nothing. Or maybe how they could get someone other then the Reaper to set off a set claymore and use the Reaper to clean up a straggler. I've seen too many one off lethals and yet it never crosses their mind.

God it just makes the wait even harder. I am going to destroy everything.

>Vipers

Is a word in English. Do you start flailing you arms woldly when you encounter words like "commander", "berserker" or "sniper" in other media?

Only when we're on page 10.

Yup, you aren't winning that one.

>A chosen can spawn during an ambush

I actually do

>God it just makes the wait even harder.
Well shit, looks like Jake's plans are even more devious than one could imagine.

I don't think it's a very good plan when most people that are watching have already gotten the game. Bad play usually disways people from buying as they think it makes the game look bad.

Especially when people keep complaining that the new classes don't feel all that great. Except the Templar, I think I have seen only one person complain that the Templar is completely worthless. Everyone else loves to hate on the Skirmisher and just keep him around for his ability to command anyone.

So how does one work out mod conflicts aside from the one-at-a-time approach with every variation needing a new save?

Using most of the modlist from the pastebin but cannot fathom why Cost Based Ability Colours is not activatiing.
Mod launcher shows the following overrides (pictured) but nothing else touched that internal class

I think it's just outdated and something in base game changed. There was some debate on if it was causing the slow down on the geoscape or not.

>other than one at a time

You disable half your mods and if the problem is gone then you disable half of the mods of the half you had disabled before and so on and so forth until you track it down.

Chaos Dreadnought&Dreadnought VP for sparks when

>
>explain
Well the two most obvious examples would be using Covering Fire as a form of crowd control since LW ayys don't like to provoke overwatch shots, and doing a massed charge into a large number of ayys, since they will try to take cover as a priority if flanked, and using a lot of people in the charge means they have to double-move to find cover, so they don't shoot back despite having a bunch of close targets out of cover. They still trigger ccs when they flee for cover, too

>Reaper's not great when you're not reaping
>Skirmisher's not great when you're not skirmishing
>Templar's not great when you're not templing
Imagine that

That's one way of seeing it.
Doesn't seeing those shitty moves makes you want to play it even more? "Man, i could do it so much better"

>disways
'Dissuades.' As in opposite of persuades.

Why dont they allow us to add faces

>Marbozir uses item to reveal enemies ahead on the map
>He then double moves guy into their pod to activate them

What the fuck lmao how do you play like this

Ok, hadn't heard about it causing issues considering it's generally considered essential..

Sadly its widespread use also means no-one has bothered coming up with a definitive list of all single action abilities and items

But you only have a small possibility of someone that is into strategy games thinking like that. The majority don't think tactically like that, they can't see the systems that we do. They might be able to tell something was a bad move, but that's going to be a minority. Why do you think that most people think even the base game is unfair? The thing that grabs the normies more then anything is the feeling that they can do it too and that means seeing good plays and explanations for those good plays so they can follow along.

Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't get it out. I knew it wasn't right, but my brain just wasn't giving my the right letter. I guess I got stuck on Sway.

Because they don't want wall-to-wall Trump.

>"What, that activated? COME ONNNNN"

Yeah, it's pretty bad sometimes. Though I must admit, once you get Tactical Analysis, moving into a pod on your turn will have less of an impact. Aliens only getting one action on their turn means either shooting or moving.

are animations faster in wotc or am i seeing shit

Seeing shit. There is a 'zip mode' in the options, someone might have it on, but otherwise it's the same speed as vanilla.

From my limited understanding, it is possible, just very hard, and the new faces would have to be variations of the existing faces, if you are curious why google "Morph targets" because that is how the different faces are done.

As far as i know, i could be wrong, maybe it is impossible and that's why modders have to add new faces as head props with an invisible head available.

hold the fuck up, this is what it's for? i description never displays for me so i didn't use that

Reapers should have a pistol primary. Less STALKER-like but I think people would understand how to use them better.

Yeah, zip mode makes a few animations faster. Like gremlin flying and a few others, but otherwise all animations remain the same speed. What did you think it was used for?

Mods will fix it. I'm sure we'll get a multitude of classes for skirmishers, reapers and templars once the expansion is out.

Actually not sure about Templars, they can already do everything.

>Mods will fix it
That's the problem desu, no one is making animation mods. Pistols need new animations for primary weapon.

No, I don't think anything would change. The complaint about their damage would stay the same. Aside from that, making pistol their base weapon means giving them Faceoff or Fanfire and I can't imagine the chaos that would cause when they can have three claymores out at the same time.

Is there some kind of skill tree video? Been looking for a text version but couldn't find one.
>feeling that they can do it too
Then it's a win-win situation? Seasoned players see the vids and want to do better, more casual folks see the cool shit and explanations and want to try those moves. Both audiences get hooked.

Animations might be hard but your lack of faith is troubling miscreant, mods shall fix all ailments and buff THE ELDERS'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION TO HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS GOD KING OF ALL ADVENT FORCES ON EARTH

>tfw 10 more days

i wish i could just stasis myself

Post more of the ELDER'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION

>more casual folks see the cool shit and explanations

That's the problem. The cool shit was coming from the streamers who actually seem to know what they are doing and have been playing 10 hours a day. Youtubers are just starting, yet have more exposure because everyone already knows them, so they have yet to get to the real cool stuff and the abilities they do have, they don't use, or use poorly and give a bad presentation of them. So far Odd is the only one that is doing well and actually gives some explanation into his thought process when it comes to engaging. Like his correct statement on not overwatching on concealment all the time, as it can be better to try to move in for a flank, or back off when they end up taking good cover and you have no follow up.

Marbozir doesn't seem to do any of this, he's like Odd in that he waffles about his decisions, but he doesn't give good explanations. In fact I haven't seen anyone make a good video explaining things like Advent AI and why it makes certain moves safe and which don't. Or why certain abilities are literally garbage and which are god tier.

I expect a bunch of floundering around by new players when it comes to using the new classes, even though their abilities are pretty easy to understand.

>making pistol their base weapon means giving them Faceoff or Fanfire
No it doesn't, those are Sharpshooter skills.

So, it's gonna be rulers all over again?

In that all the casuals think they are complete bullshit when really they are a joke? Yes.

One of these days I'm going to port BF1's End of Round themes over

youtu.be/WC1DLT1s_hw

youtu.be/WGa0cQHrrdM

and yet the only mod I've seen that changes any animations is a viper mod made for the hell of it then promptly abandoned.

Maybe it's the draw of the simple steam workshop model but it feels like there's a much smaller pool of variation in mod types compared to games where people had to scrounge around on nexus/moddb

I mean access to them in their XCOM skill list. Otherwise their pickings would be rather slim. Only the most generic abilities like all the grenade perks, Salvo, Volatile mix, Untouchable, maybe Guardian. To deny a pistolier THE pistol skills would just be silly.

Would a stealth pistol class be completely broken? Damn straight it would. I built a sharpshooter and a rogue like that and it was freaking stupid.

Well, LW2 and Advent Pathfinders have new animations in there somewhere. Nothing big but the sawed off shotgun fire animation and the Pathfinder's scanner animations are new. Technically laser weapons also have new animations because they like open and extend and shit when they fire.

>I'll just ignore the objectives and watch ADVENT kill the lost
>Wait what's happening why are there so many lost and why am I losing

>Is there some kind of skill tree video?

Nope, but we know all the Reapers abilites.

>Corporal
Remote Start
Blood trail
All attacks made against a target already hurt deal +1 damage Since the Reaper has pretty low standard damage, this is great for finishing off already hurt enemies in the early game.
>Sergeant
Target Definition
All revealed targets will remain revealed for the rest of the mission. Absolutely amazing for scouting. Never have to worry about running into a pod in the fog ever again.
Sharpnel
Claymore damage increased from six to eight and increases it's radius from one to three.
>Lieutenant
Born in Shadow?
If you kill with your rifle from shadow, then the chance to be revealed will not increase. Good for if you want to make a flanking shooting build, as a Reaper should be finishing off weakened or small prey and will hopefully remain undetected.
Distraction
Kills made with the Claymore put the Reaper back in Shadow. Given the damage of the upgraded claymore, this shouldn't be hard especially if paired with remote start.
????
>Captain
Sting
A special shot
Soul Harvest
When the Reaper kills with the rifle, adds 5% crit, up to 20%
>Major
Extra Claymore
Gain one additional use of Claymore, duh
Banish
Fire all shots remaining until you kill your target, all shots have their own separate aim roll
>Colonel
Homing Claymore
Attach a Claymore to an enemy, when damaged, the claymore will detonate
Annihilate
Banish will now fire at the next closest enemy if you kill the first targeted enemy. This will continue until you are out of ammo or out of enemies.

Freaking hell

Sting
A special shot that can be made from concealment. Will not break Shadow. This ability has one charge and a 3 turn "cooldown", which means it can't be used from mission start and you must wait 3 turns into the mission to be able to use it.

God that infuriated me so much watching Odd do that. I was actually rooting for the Assassin Chosen when she showed up. Watching all these streamers is some kind of masochistic hell for me while waiting.

Annihilate sounds great for ammo efficiency with a superior magazine.

Eh, it's not really that great. Max ammo you can get with the Vector Rifle and it's upgrades is 6. At the late game when you get it, it means you might kill a Andromedon from full HP and then shoot once more at something else. Waiting for a bunch of targets to be heavily damaged and using it is obviously the best thing you can do, but you aren't going to be able to wait that long most of the time.

Oh and it also has only one charge. So make sure the time is right, or it can just be a big waste. Really if I wanted to max it's potential, I would put a Repeater on.

With Blood Trail, at max upgrades damage variance would result in 41 to 69 damage on a single target. Shame it's still getting out done by Rapid Fire.

>class starts next week
>WotC releases on a lab day
Fug