/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The Summer Games 2017 event is Live!
>last year's summer games items are back for regular pricing (1x), while new items are also available for event pricing (3x)
>the event ends on August 28th
>(the next arcade reset for those sweet, sweet lootboxes is in one day)
youtube.com/watch?v=2OWbGgGjdBk

>Event item tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/SUMMER_GAMES

>DEATHMATCH has been added to the PTR
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's bloo's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c

>Latest comic
reader.madefire.com/work/w-a2da1239584645338362109be0e7f1fd/read/

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

I can't stop thinking about her.

>Doomfist in pro play

I'VE GOT U IN MY SIGHTS

3rd for another dead blizzard game

Here comes T.Racer!

lidl OWL at twitch tv/overwatchcontenders

>try out McCree
>Genji and Tracer literally just toys with me
>D.Va just eats everything

Jeff still thinks McCree is an anti-flank lmao.

>play ranked, it's better
>the only constant is you
>just carry your team

thanks guys, this is the fourth game in a row with people flaming the team, absolute shit picks, griefing etc

I normally don't get angry at videogames but in one game there was a genji who started trash talking minute one and kept flaming me because I wouldn't heal him after he dashed and went far behind enemy lines, and I got so mad at him I almost broke my wall

I must have reported 15 people just today

D E A D
G A M E

>tfw no Cute as FUCK dyke gf

is this the dead games general?

Friendly reminder if doomfist right clicks you lose the game unavoidably.

yaes, this is owg

BLOO wallpapers

>overwatch contender pro tourney
>10k viewers
>top 2 heartstone streamers playing random card games on their room
>14k and 10k viewers

BLOO

hey guys, i'm back. am i still allowed to mei post? it's fine if not, i had my fill last thread.

OW is extremely unfun to watch.
Hearthstone is probably more fun to watch streamed than to play.

Daily reminder that trolling is the only way to enjoy this shitty game

Bastion
Zarya
Junkrat
Roadhog
Lucio
Symmetra
D.Va

These characters have nothing to do with the main overarching story of Overwatch, nor do they have any personal ties related to anyone in Overwatch or Talon.

Will they at some point actually be relevant? Or are they doomed to just be window dressing to the big story players like Soldier, Ana, Widowmaker etc.

>teammate spams "I NEED HEALING"
>Mercy is too busy jerking off in a corner and waiting for her sick 5-man res
>drop biotic field
>faggot continues to spam "I NEED HEALING" instead of walking into the field

imagine caring about overwatch lore

>new short is most likely gonna be about junkrat and roadhog
>could be about pharah instead
>wildcard: it's about torb

that "the only constant is you" is the core of it, but it's a fact that some games, your contribution is not what decides whether you win or lose. some games are uncarriable, and some games are free wins. admittedly, there's not much you can do about games like your pic. just bear in mind that you'll play games where that shit happens to the enemy team, and try and maximize your own contribution.

>still playing ov*rwatch

C9 is getting fucked.

>clown nein getting fisted live

>tfw no Bloo booty gf

god what is wrong with emily's face in that panel

i know kissing is hard to draw but she's like in the middle of an animorphs transformation into a horse

Post funny meme gremlin D.va

>he doesnt throw games and make teammates angry and frustrated
it's like you dont even want to enjoy the game

>gold
>Mercy
>those stats
>me ooga team booga
Is this bait?

Why are you people even here?

Can someone give me a rundown on how to play Sombra effectively? I toss the tele, stealth, go to their backline and start to hack and am instantly dead before it goes off. How do you guys get hacks off?

shitting on the game duty for free

imagine being this angry over a game

tfw can't stop staring at her feet

>torb main
>attack on horizon after defense
>then a hanzo pick
>then a junkrat pick
>Pharah complains about 4 dps
>switches to widow
>Mercy only yells at me
>"Report our torb"
>mercy switches to junkrat

>Decide to play Pharah for a bit
>Don't touch her unless its for arcade or something
>Go an entire comp match just shoving missles down people's throats
>The enemy team never changes to hitscan to easily pick me.
>Just let it happen over and over
The best is when someone on the enemy team salt-picks Pharah to mirror match with me. I feel like out of all the dps characters, I've gotten a good amount of value from her.

Let me ask you this, /owg/.

Do you have good aim? If the answer is no, then do you main tank or support because of this? If you did have good aim, would you honestly still want to main tank or support?

Why do so many people sperg out about DPS players when the game is fundamentally designed around the role? It's a first person shooter. I understand if maybe you can't aim very well, but why be bitter towards those who can? Everyone seems to think that DPS players are the most 'toxic', but I've been around plenty of tank/support players that screech at the team for not doing well. If you can't aim and thus relegate yourself to the easier roles then you're not better than anyone. I appreciate healers and I appreciate tanks, but I cannot stand shitters that think they are superior for what boils down to being unable to play DPS.

Flex players are the ones doing the truly thankless job. Thank you, silent Anas, Zens, Zaryas, D.vas. I see your 20+ hours on Genji and Tracer with >60% win rate. They lose more SR than they deserve to.

t. Tank main

my left thumb hurts.

Bastion is Torbjorn's pet now so take it back.

I WANT A REINHARDT TITTYPAD

I really wonder how many (you)s you gave to a single person with this post.

top 5 cancerous heroes

1) mercy
2) hanzo
3) widowmaker
4) actually those are the only ones i have any issue with
5) hee ho

What are you on about? Her face is behind Tracer's so you can't actually see it.

holy fucking shitter kyb

Gotta love the reap beans

>shitty triple kill
>commentators go crazed over it
You could hear how faked their excitement was, being paid to comment on OW tournament plays must suck.

Also lol C9.

You are late.
You are getting this now.

>he doesnt have a dedicated troll account just to piss shitters off

Symm is fucking aids. Throws her shield and then slow runs at you behind it while her gun locks onto you from 40 yards away. Also the troll Symms in comp that put a tele next to a cliff

I think the problem is that alot of times, the people who solely play DPS are just dumb. It might just be my elo or because I'm a console shitter, but I've gotten in matches more times than I'd like where the DPS makes or breaks the team. Or we just have an overbundace of them on a team.

What would you do to Hana (Age 6) and Sombra (Age 17)?

You know exactly what I would do.

>he doesn't has a dedicated internet connection just to shitpost on various generals

turn 360° and walk away

realest post ive seen in this general in a long while, i salute you

Drop them off at school and wish them a great day.

>When Torbjörn has had enough of your shit

What a guy, I can tell you play Reinhardt

I wish Sombra had thair haircut in-game.

why playing tank is so fuckin boring

>watch overwatch e-sports
>two d.va's holding m2 while the winstons hold m1

I can see why they're asking $20 million for a spot.

>see symm
>run towards her?
>gets killed.

it's literally your fault for dying to a sym.

wasnt kyb a tank player

You're reliant on your team.

Things I may regret later

There's no reason for the distance to unlock to be longer than to lock on, it's fuken bullshit

>jimbenator playing junkrat
>enemy winston jumps him
>"uh, doomfist is... um, i mean..."
that freudian slip

>C9 has five ults and they still lose

>white guy has white club
>black guy has black club

Uhm racist much Boston P.D.?! baka

Yes there is, because if it wasn't you could literally backpedal when you saw her and take 0 damage while you pepper her with your obviously inaccurate shots, since you have trouble killing her now, and not be punished at all for fucking up.

Too true my dude. Although flex can be an exercise in frustration a lot of the time. If I could pick my hero every game, I'd be on Genji and have a lot more fun (and probably win more too) than I do right now, but I don't mind playing Zen or whatever else is needed. I'd rather do that than listen to some autist screech for me to get off "his" hero.

What I don't get are the creatures that scream and shout for DPS, but then blow absolute horse cock at it. You'd think they would realize they're the problem eventually. At least I can just go play Q3 if I want to frag.

play video games with dva and fug sombra

On top of all of this, the game is fundamentally rigged against DPS. It's a game built for people that don't regularly play FPS, and ironically the average regular FPS player is the one that's going to have the roughest time.
Overwatch punishes bad aim more than any other shooter simply because whatever damage you do can be completely undone right after you do it if you don't finish the kill and because of multiple defensive and mobility abilities, missing a window can spell doom for your team. You don't even particularly have to have bad aim. Everyone misses every once in a while, but if the shot you do miss is the one that decides whether your team wins or loses you'll catch hell. And that happens far more often than I'm comfortable with. Unless you're a god compared to everyone else in the match, you simply cannot carry a game on your own back by shooting anything less than perfect. And frankly it's a bit ridiculous. You'd have an easier time solo carrying in Dota.

>when you shit on the enemy team and they get their act together, ending up with a better composition than your team and you don't know how to effectively counter them

>you'd have easier time solo carrying in a game where pure stat advantage enables you to 1v5

Yeah, no shit.

I wanna ____ Tracer.

>repetitive shitty buggy game that's never going to be finished and fixed gets constant 100k+ views
>literal mobile card game gets 50-150k views all the time
>second best moba casually gets more views than OW pro games

Is high Diamond the canon ELO hell?

you have
>throwers
>leavers
>hotshots who climbed a bit from 3000 and refuse to pick anything but dps as they think they are carrying
>the same guys bossing around the whole team

I'm not talking about raw skill -that's generally not a problem - just people griefing or refusing to play with the team

>when you shit on the enemy team so hard that 3 of them switch to counter you
>still win because they wasted too much time focusing on you

melt

fug and care for

flashbang and headshot

suck on

>maps and characters designed to give you cancer

Holy fucking shit what is wrong with Blizzard? Why would they do this?

Poz

The nsfw version of this pic is my actual wallpaper. Bloo is love

tickle

The same game having a plethora of countermeasures and comeback mechanics. And yet still it's easier.
Overwatch just doesn't allow you to overperform. There's an maximum of what you as an individual can do, that maximum being frighteningly easy to hit, but if that's not enough then it's a fruitless effort. And that's why this game is so goddamn frustrating. ALL of the cogs MUST be working, or at least working better than the enemy team, but you can't bet on the enemy team being worse.

OW as a spectator experience is too boring and predictable. Bunch of mirror or near-mirror comps where each team keeps poking until they get ults then a bunch of people Q on the point.

Getting out of Gold/Platinum is most definitely about luck. While Diamond is like you said all about which team has fewer angry retards who throw and get toxic. Some people argue that the only true skill based promotion is GM to Top 500.

marry

This is so EZ for Misfits that they're not even running Lucio and just playing around and dancing.

They make you believe that they are creating a fun game with very interesting characters due to marketing to get you to buy the game, while allotting minimal actual resources in doing so.
The result is that a lot of people are disappointed and frustrated while Blizz is getting richer and richer and at the same time every one of us/you will still buy the next thing they market.
Pretty good ordeal.

Platinum is the definitive Elo Hell. There's too many players there - and it's a too often a dice roll who wins - so it's extremely difficult to "shine out". Being better than average isn't enough, you need to be clearly better AND be lucky.