Just got new tires and the tire shop gave me hell for putting whitewalls out

Just got new tires and the tire shop gave me hell for putting whitewalls out.
They almost would not do it.
What the hell?
Is it that rare to want to see the letters?

Other urls found in this thread:

canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/victor-white-tire-marker-0092146p.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're making fun of your mall crawler

I've heard of things like this happening a lot on the west coast for some reason. I live in southern Ontario and when I was putting my tires on in a shop class a few people didn't understand why it was so important to me.

>mismatched BFG and Firestone tires but they both have white letters anyway

The white letters look so cool , why all the hate?
Is this not the case on the east coast?

east coast here.

i see whitewalls out all the damn time. i would guess that almost half of the vehicles here are whitewalled.

>KO's
>not KO2's

y tho?

>the tire shop gave me hell
you're the consumer, where are your balls?

they put them on didnt they?

>you're paying
>you want them put on how you want
>they can go fuck themselves
But they always ask me when installing new tires if I want the letters in or out. It literally makes no difference.

Last time I went into a tire place I had to get a screw pulled out and a patch put in. The guy bitched and moaned about how my tire was so heavy since I always like to stand in the bay and watch them work on my jeep, I just replied back wait till I step up to 37s or 40s bud. 35x12.5xr17 on steel rims btw, it might weigh a bit more then the average tire. But regardless you don't fucking gripe to the customer.

In all honesty though, I've been going to this place for all my wheel and alignment needs for the last 11 years, the amount of money I've spent there I don't think they'd mind if I jumped on the tools and did it myself.

>11 years of that one customer who won't stop breathing down your neck and keeps asking questions that slow you down to a snail's pace
>11 years

Wow I would hate to work on your car. Also lol @ the "you don't gripe to the fucking customer" comment, the poor guy was just trying to start a conversation and you were just an asshole to him for no reason. If only you knew what they said about you after you left.

I'm not as bad as you think.
>bring everything that is needed for job
>quietly bird dog from the bay door while shooting the shit with the other guys waiting for work orders to come through
>Seen one tire change, seen em all.
I generally leave the guys that are working alone.
I've done some majorly shit jobs in my time and I would never dream to moan to the client/customer about how hard it is, especially a gravy job like doing tires. Moan about it later to coworkers or bosses, I don't want to hear about it cause I do a lot of the work on my own vehicles as well. There's a difference between trying to start up a conversation and just generally bitching and moaning about hard your job is.

classic case of a grown autist who can't be bothered to check his own self-important i.e. ego.

>Not wanting to listen to the guy I am essentially paying to do work on my vehicle bitch and moan about said work
But I'm an autist with an over inflated ego.

Might as well ask this here: if my tires do not have white lettering on them from factory, would it be acceptable to white the letters myself using the pen that you can get to touch up the letters on tires?

>They almost would not do it.

>the pen that you can get to touch up the letters on tires
Wait what is this "pen" ?

>Tacoma
>Mall crawler

And your civic is what?

KO anything ever
Put some 48 mudding tires and you're set
GTFO With your little bitch ass tires

They're laughing at your Toyota. Should've bought a Corolla instead of a truck

What's the problem? My tire shop asks if I want the white side out or not they don't care either way.

KO is Best O

especially the new redesign , its fucking best of all worlds except fuel economy

seconding this
kys op

Live in the midwest here. Every time ive bought tires the guy just asks if I want letters in or out. Never had anyone give a shit either way.

its like a high quality paint pen that is specifically for touching up tire markings

canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/victor-white-tire-marker-0092146p.html

they really do fuck your fuel economy

but I like being able to drive over anything, anytime I feel like it

>parking lot at the plaza was closed because some dipshits got in an accident RIGHT at the entrance
>like 30 cars stuck in the parking lot
>hop in FJ with memeterrains
>drive over 3 curbs and through a bus stop
>normies just watch in horror/jealousy

white walls out is good if your vehicle compliments it, which yours does

some of the really large KO2s have bluewalls which look pretty dank on a blue FJ

Well a squeeky clean utility vehicle is a waste. At least his Civic was made to drive people to boring places. I bet your Tacoma dreamed about going with it's owner to fantastic and important work sites when it sat on the lot.

yeah he should have a busted ass filthy piece of shit to show he's a real workin man

people shouldn't take pride in the things they own, especially higher-end trucks - they should treat them like absolute shit and destroy them like a blue collar faggot nigger

amirite

amirite you dense cunt

>Spend $$$ on fancy dirt mover
>Don't move dirt
It's like buying a Corvette and not destroying Japanese turbo shitboxes

I think he was saying that you shouldn't be one of those faggots that has never put anything other than your wifes sons hocky equipment in the bed of the truck. Thats just an insult to the truck. You can use it hard like its meant to be and still take pride in it

Wow man good thing you were prepared with your extreme off road tires

You are the worst possible kind of customer
>I brought my own stuff
>I could do it if I wanted to
>watches people work
>thinks you are friends with the shop
I'm sure everyone is super excited when they see you rolling up

maybe your just the worst possible kind of employee for the worst possible kind of shop?

If you're a customer and find yourself talking to me it's because I had to be dragged from real work to explain to you that your car is not broken, and you don't understand how to use it. Nobody likes customers that try to "bro out" with techs and think they know what is wrong with their car but just "don't have the time to fix it themselves." If you knew how to fix cars you wouldn't be spending $210/hr for someone to find out what is wrong, no matter how wealthy you are.

The truth in this post is overwhelming

This is why l fucking hate techs.
"We hate you for making conversation. We hate you for bringing us shit to work on. We hate you for looking at us."

All 20-40 yo techs are fucking autistic losers. Most lve met even have a criminal charge on them.

You be fucking happy lm bringing my pos shit in to have the clutch done. Id fucking do it myself but I work as much or more than you. Or lve got an apartment that doesnt allow working on a car. Or a lift.

I dont get it why you faggots complain so fucking much.

I had to get rid of a car because no techs in the area could align it. And it was fucking stock.
You holier than thou techs should all hang.

I fucking laughed when l saw techs crying about how ford lowered what recalls pay, and that other companies are doing the same now.

I don't hate anyone. I've had great relationships with many customers. Customers like you (well not quite like you, because you could never afford a car that would come into my shop) that think they know what they are doing/know what's wrong I take note of, joke about with other techs, and go on with my day. Maybe you are finding these upset/criminal techs because you are going to the cheapest shop possible, because you are poor.

>I had to sell my car because nobody could align it even though I could have done it myself I just didn't have the room!

Classic dipshit customer line.

no dude. your just a fucking twat with no people skills.

Oh. Youre sooo different. Youre so much better than the norm.
Why thanks high horse faggot. Maybe you are.
It doesnt change how the entire professional mechanic community is a complete fucking shit pile that couldnt get a wrench on an eccentric bolt.

I fucking actually race my car and lm glad l bought my own alignment shit. After getting tired of dealing with dumb criminal techs thinking they can get anything aligned because they got a hunter rack.

If my speaking on techs is anecdotal. Then yours is moreso. Especially considering youve claimed yourself as a premium outlier.

Go fuck yourself retard.

Now you see why shartbreaker is one of the worst tripfags on this board.

GET confirms it, fartbreaker the worst.

You couldn't afford any of the cars you have to work on either dipshit. You have to wrench away on the toys of rich men, then go home to your 1 bedroom shit shack with your gay mexican rentboy husband, who can't even make assistant chef at Wendy's.

If I wanted to talk to people all day I would take the dead end job known as "service writer." That position exists because it's not cost effective or efficient paying a skilled tradesman to talk to people instead of fixing cars.

>Oh. Youre sooo different. Youre so much better than the norm.
>Why thanks high horse faggot.
My feeling on customers is not unique. You are the one that thinks you are different/special. "I'm not like normal customers, I could actually just grab your tools and do it myself, I just don't have the time!" Oh wow man, thanks for letting us know you are a cool dude! Do you want this honorary technician sheriffs badge? Why don't you come in the shop to help us? Not every day we get a real fellow pro in paying to have his car fixed! Oh wait, you're actually SMARTER than any tech, even better, can you help me diag this other customers car, we'll pay you!

Is this the kind of treatment you expect? You know nothing, or you wouldn't be taking your car in.
>anecdotal
I've dealt with thousands of customers, you haven't dealt with thousands of techs.

>I bring my own stuff

Are you serious? Do you go to McDonald's with your own meat and ask them to make you a hamburger too? And you're lying if you say 35's aren't moderately heavy, unless you're swole, in which case post pics. Again, the kid was just trying to start some conversation because you're creating an awkward situation by breathing down their neck while they work. I'm not surprised the same guy who will stand outside the entire time watching you work is also the same person that will automatically turn agressive towards someone for no good reason.

You are the worst type of customer and I'm glad you will never step foot in my shop.

>If you knew how to fix cars you wouldn't be spending $210/hr for someone to find out what is wrong, no matter how wealthy you are.

I spend on a shop because I KNOW whats wrong with my car and either lack the tools to DIY or lack the needed lift. You are a pair of hands to me. nothing more. you WILL do what I tell you to do to MY car or you will find yourself out of a job after you sperg out. Be happy you are employed and I have decided to grant you some meager work.

Also, you will be out of business soon enough charging $210/hr. The market rate is $150/hr for a good shop. Even Dealerships don't charge as much as your scam shop.

>Are you serious? Do you go to McDonald's with your own meat and ask them to make you a hamburger too?

Its common practice to bring your own parts into a shop, Bussrider. Every tech Ive talked to was happy about it because they didn't have to waste time sourcing the shit.

I just want to throw it out there, from a third perspective, trying to be manipulative to someone who you are literally paying hundreds of dollars for every hour of work just makes you look like a moron. Im having a hard time understanding how you know how to fix your car when you just admitted you don't have the tools to fix it.

>complains about people being on a high horse
>does the exact same thing he's complaining about

Good taste. The ko2 look dreadful. Toyota make the best modern truck. Zr1>Ford gt.

LOL is this guy serious? Parts are ordered with a two minute phone call and they literally get delivered to you within the hour. A technician will spend a lot more time wondering if the aftermarket rockauto piece of shit the customer brought in will actually be compatible with the car compared to a quick phone call. You people don't even work in a shop, why are you trying to tell me how it works.

>trying to be manipulative to someone who you are literally paying hundreds of dollars for every hour of work just makes you look like a moron

There is no manipulation involved. It is legitimately you job to do what I tell you to do. THAT is what I am paying you to do. If your not going to do it then I will take my business to someone that will. Again, you are hands and a set of tools to me, I'm not paying you to think you know whats best.

>Im having a hard time understanding how you know how to fix your car when you just admitted you don't have the tools to fix it.

research. its easy to learn about your car and know what needs to be done to fix a given problem. Then you have a look and if you cant fix it with the given tools then that's when you take it to someone that has the tools.

>Parts are ordered with a two minute phone call and they literally get delivered to you within the hour

yay shit quality chinese trash that sits on the shelf of the local aftermarket shop. Your a fucking moron if you don't source your own parts.

>You people don't even work in a shop, why are you trying to tell me how it works.

you might think your job is hard, its not. Anyone with a brain knows how it works.

I have fucking literally gone to the back of the shop and aligned my own car on the rack before l bought my own tools.

Every. Single. Fucking. Tech. Couldnt align this car. I had to step in everytime.
An irs on a sportscar should not intimidate techs.
But it always fucking does.

Nor should aftermarket c/c plates.

I literally only get you faggots paid for the laser rack. I should start a fucking business that rents laser racks for use.

Watch out guys, it's an IMPORTANT customer! He let us know he's super important, we gotta do what he says! Don't worry though, we are doing well enough to turn customers like you down.

Oh lucky me, the customer brought the wrong part, and it's from ebay! Just to let you know, you are paying 1 hour diag time for me to look at the part for 5 minutes and realize it won't fit.

>Oh lucky me, the customer brought the wrong part, and it's from ebay! Just to let you know, you are paying 1 hour diag time for me to look at the part for 5 minutes and realize it won't fit.

It will fit. Your job is not hard retard. I have the EXACT same ability to source parts that you do ESPECIALLY if you buy OEM.

>Don't worry though, we are doing well enough to turn customers like you down.

Cant WAIT to see you in the unemployment line or flipping burgers with that attitude lol

>I literally only get you faggots paid for the laser rack. I should start a fucking business that rents laser racks for use.

better idea, start a chain that rents out workshop space by the hour. All these faggot shit techs would be out of jobs lol

Quality mechanics will lets you bring your own parts. I even talked my dealership into doing it.
Obtaining compatible parts doesn't require more than the ability to read and write so what you're doing isn't special or hard. I usually send them a link to check out before I order, just to be curious. Most people are nice and cool, you should be too.

Im worried about the liability though. Apartments dont even let you jack your car up anymore. Imagine some retard drops some metal and it sparks while hes dropping a fuel tank.

>I'm not paying you to think you know what's best

That doesn't explain why you took it to someone who can actually fix it, I'm assuming it's because you don't know how.

>if you can't fix it then that's when you take it to someone that has the tools

So again, you admit you can't fix a car. Which is why you took it to somebody who actually knows what they're doing. If you know how to fix a car according to your "research" then what's the point of having someone else do it? I'm getting the impression you are angry that there are people out there who have more knowledge and experience in your hobby than you do.

Then don't stand in the shop and breathe down their neck idiot and they won't talk to you. I'm not even the other poster, just wanted to let you know that he's right. You're a shitty customer and I would absolutely shudder every time I saw you pull up to my shop.

> I have the EXACT same ability to source parts that you do
Well, you don't. First of all you are barely literate, as evidenced by this thread. Second of all you have found yourself at a shop paying hundreds of dollars for someone to do a job that apparently anyone can do, doesn't seem to add up. No matter how bad the tech is at the very least he's seen dozens of the same part fail, has experience with different brands, how they fit, different configs, etc. You THINK you know from reading forums, but you don't.

>Cant WAIT to see you in the unemployment line
You spend a lot of time there? Or do you work in the unemployment office?

Good thing, because I probably would've popped an all-season. They're also great for running over faggots like you.

:^)

>mechanics genuinely believe they are doing something special and difficult when ordering parts

Automotive shops are liable for the repairs they make on a car. No shop with proper certificates will ever put cheap parts on a car because if something goes wrong the shop could potentially pay thousands in damages. You are completely clueless if you legitimately think shops put cheap parts on customers cars.

>t. inexperienced offroader

A bad workman always blames his tools.

>dont breath down techs neck
>its been 2 extra fucking hours more than what hes gonna get paid for
>hes struggling and says he cant align it
>propose to help him out
>we get it aligned in the green and matched
>couldve saved us both time if he just took the offer of my own help
>literally happened every single time l had to realign the car for some new racecar part

>You know nothing, or you wouldn't be taking your car in
Because I want to crawl around in subzero temperatures to fix the rotted differential cover for my 10 bolt.

$60 in labor or a couple hours of misery. I'll sacrifice a couple hours of work if it saves me from fucking around in the cold.

>How to fix your car when you just admitted you don't have the tools to fix it
I can cook a mean venison stir fry if I have venison available.

>Paying the ridiculous shop mark up
How stupid do you think I am? If the part I supplied doesn't fit you call me. If shops were reasonable on part prices I'd feel just fine with them ordering the part.

Wrenching, as you're doing, isn't a complicated mystery. It's just a matter of reading instructions and time. Especially in this day and age, where information is readily available to anyone with internet access.

You're in a shop dedicated to fixing broken shit. I only take broken things in because it's convenient, not because I'm not capable. Similar of that to eating out. Convenient.

IIRC Rentable bays are becoming increasingly popular in California. From my understanding the problem is the cost of insurance as you have strangers putting vehicles on lifts. Believe I read they were about $10-15 an hour.

I was considering putting a 2 post lift in my pole barn. A lot of the work I have done at the shop is stuff I don't want to deal with.

>you are paying 1 hour diag time for me to look at the part for 5 minutes and realize it won't fit.

what an idiot, this is how you lose customers you stupid faggot

not only are you a paid worker bee, but you're so indignant about that it's disgusting

accept your menial position and get to work faggot, that rich arab 18 year old needs his ferrari's oil changed

honestly though, i bet you're all talk - you're the kind of loser who would constantly try to curry favor with his betters, but never to be accepted

>tfw everyone comes in and crushes a tripfag laborer who thinks his trade is skilful

>How stupid do you think I am?

Very, clearly you had a hard time picking up on that.

>If shops we're reasonable with parts prices

Ya sorry but I'm not putting on shitty $10 O'Riley brake pads just to have you come back because your brakes are squealing. We only put on high quality parts that we know won't fail prematurely, and if they do there's a warranty through the manufacturer that allows you to get it fixed for free. Which I might add, rarely happens. If you have such a problem with mechanics why do you bother taking your car to one? Sounds like you're lazy.

>I probably would've popped an all-season.
Congratulations for having no idea how tires work.

t. Used to hop curbs on all seasons in my 94 Taurus

Mechanics don't order parts, parts departments do.

>Wrenching, as you're doing, isn't a complicated mystery. It's just a matter of reading instructions and time
You are describing what a lube tech would do. Experienced techs aren't parts changing, it's not worth it to a shop to pay someone like me to do anything but diag and critical repairs. However, you still aren't capable of even the most basic of repairs, your convenience excuse doesn't hold up.

Why would a shop care about losing the kind of cheap customer that brings in an off brand, incorrect part to begin with? In reality that customer would just be turned down at the door. It's never worth taking on work like that to any shop that isn't bottom of the barrel.

>it sounds like youre lazy

You. Stupid. Motherfuckers.
You dont understand people have fucking jobs. Their cars need to be running. Your profession isnt so much necessity as it is. Dump the car off. Get it fixed.
My fucking job isnt putting my car on jackstands and pulling the transmission off. Yours is.

Mine is putting 50-60 hours in. Im not talking doing 10 5 hour jobs in under 30 hours and enjoying my weekend.
I fucking work and I have to be here. So my car needs to be up.

Do you not understand that shit?
Transmission drops in -2 F while living in an apartment arent possible. What is. Is getting some criminal tech to do it within 5 hours.
So fucking do it or be out the job.

The hourly rate is already high enough that none of my parents or family members have EVER used a mechanic. So if I elect to use one. Be fucking happy about it holy fuck.

>So again, you admit you can't fix a car.

I said nothing of the sort. What I'm saying is, If I don't have the tools I take it to someone that does.

>Automotive shops are liable for the repairs they make on a car. No shop with proper certificates will ever put cheap parts on a car because if something goes wrong the shop could potentially pay thousands in damages. You are completely clueless if you legitimately think shops put cheap parts on customers cars.

Are you absolutely fucking high? You have to be the dumbest fuck on earth if you believe that some shop wont source the cheapest shit they can and mark it up all to hell.

>Well, you don't.

Yes, I do. Again, your job is not hard.

>Second of all you have found yourself at a shop paying hundreds of dollars for someone to do a job that apparently anyone can do, doesn't seem to add up

If you could read, you would know why I was at the shop. You have tools I dont. Thats all your worth.

>No matter how bad the tech is at the very least he's seen dozens of the same part fail

Thats what happens when you use cheap shit and install it incorrectly. If you use what I bring and do it like I tell you, you wont have a problem. Your not special, and your not skilled. Your are an overglorified slave.

>it's not worth it to a shop to pay someone like me to do anything but diag and critical repairs

your right, sweeping up after the big boys that know how to keep their attitudes in check is more your style.

Have you ever pulled your head out of your own ass to think that MAYBE there are jobs some people REALLY don't want to do?
My old man builds transmissions for a living, and has been wrenching since he was 15. He does not want to work on his own shit. Half of the time he just drops the keys off at the dealer, the other half he will do it himself.

If you make so much goddamn money at your fancy 60h a week job why dont you live in a real house instead of an apartment? Just saying

Sounds like a whole lot of complaining and not a lot of working. Maybe in all the time you spent trying to convince somebody you knew what you were talking about you could have actually gotten something done. Have fun paying hundreds of dollars per hour because you're too busy complaining to do it yourself.

Military posts have a thing called the auto skills center. It’s just a giant garage with say 20 bays; 5 with lifts, 5 with heavier lifts, and then 10 flat bays. They give you a safety class the first time you go, have you sign a liability waiver, and have you pay a small hourly fee for unlimited access to their tools, the bay/lift. They have free fluid disposal, a scrap dumpster out back, personnel who aren’t allowed to touch your car beyond telling you how to get a job done or showing you how to use a tool and good long hours. I’m in there a few weekends a months working on my car and they’re always full. I’ve managed to skip out of work a few times to get something done and they’re usually half full on workdays even. Definitely a potentially lucrative business if you can push liability into the customer

>If you make so much goddamn money at your fancy 60h a week job why dont you live in a real house instead of an apartment?

>does not understand owning an appartment

country?

>Getting two different people mixed up into one post
>>Your are an overglorified slave
>Too stupid to re read before posting

Sounds like you huffed too much brake clean working on your car, because you know, you can do that. Which is exactly why you wouldn't pay someone to do that, right? Because it wouldn't make sense to pay somebody to do a job you know how to do, right?

If you're an automotive enthusiast, I don't see the point in owning an apartment/condo that doesn't have a private garage in the building. Maybe I'm not low-test or soy enough.

Pretty tough to make the "I'm smarter than you" argument when you don't know your from you're.

Why do you think I don't understand that? I pay people to do things all the time. I don't stand over their shoulder, pretend to be their friend, or tell them I could do their job if I was so inclined.

For the two of you that are so sure you are smarter/better than techs somehow you sure seem upset they don't want to be your best bud, when you are hanging around the shop because "you don't have time to do it yourself" (but have time to do nothing while paying them to fix your car).

ITT: do it yourselfers get their ego damaged by people who actually know what they're talking about

The mechanic and car enthusiast relationship will never be good.
One always thinks the other is a fucking moron.
Turns out theyre all the same people. Trying to prove no one can do both.

>He can order parts

By the time I pay for vatoZones markup, then your shops mark up on top of vatoZones - and delivery - I could've had the damn thing machined from scratch.

That's the problem. There's a reason I order my parts from Amazon/Rock Auto. Same OEM parts for a fraction of the price. If it's something easily replaced, a lifetime warranty On Reilly's special will suffice.

>Sounds like your lazy
No, I don't enjoy wrenching. I like picking things up to set them back down. I enjoy running through the forest trails and mountain biking. I love the thrill of dodging cones as I sit in second gear.

Turning nuts and bolts doesn't interest me whatsoever. Crawling around under jack stands isn't fun. Paying someone else to do something miserable is fine by me. I can deliver my car and come back when it's done. Once again, convenient.

Alright so if what gripes you is the customer's emotional damage control as to the fact another man has to touch his vehicle - then yeah I agree. That is pretty pathetic.

All lve seen in this thread is mechanics complaining they get work and customers want it done right.

>If you're an automotive enthusiast

your innitial assumption was where your going wrong. You dont have to be an enthusiast to want to do as much wrenching as you can to save money and time dealing with the idiots in this thread. Some things you can get away with, some things you cant.

Nice argument. Really got me there. Your still a slave but hey, at least you can nitpick a posting mistake on Veeky Forums, right?

And then he said

>There's a reason I order my parts from Amazon/Rock Auto. Same OEM parts for a fraction of the price.
>Same OEM parts
>Fraction of the price

This just keeps getting better and better. Please, tell me more.

Why do people waste money on customizations for cars that will deteriorate like fuck and break.

/thread

United States
Stationed in New York now but there was an identical shop down on Benning in Georgia

You never answered my question. It doesn't make sense to pay someone to do a job you know how to do, right?

> You dont have to be an enthusiast to want to do as much wrenching as you can to save money and time dealing with the idiots in this thread.
That still further proves what I'm arguing; if you can afford to own an apartment/condo outright, why not spend the time to search for one that can offer you a private garage? Especially if you have such a neurotic disposition about other people working on your car?

You have a jeep with 35's and steel wheels. That's the post I was referring to. Nothing about a """""""""racecar""""""""""

It is absolutely humiliating when a tech does something wrong, wastes two peoples time, works innefficiently, or fucks somebody over so bad they stop coming.
So no shit theyll bitch and complain about it possibly happening.
Stay away from the tech goy if something isnt right on your car after we "fix" it. Then come right back. We'll "fix" it again at 200 an hour.

Oh you want a laser alignment? We dont do it right? Too bad sucker pay us and dont even attempt to have any input on what you want it aligned to.

Dont forget we gotta turn a profit on every part we buy. Oh you wanna bring your own parts goy? Too bad theyre not good enough and we wont warranty. And if we cant warranty it we wont install it.

Fucking techs are dog shit. Im getting a fucking lift.

>Pretty tough to make the "I'm smarter than you" argument when you don't know your from you're.

amazing argument, Wrench Monkey. (((((((you're))))))) still a slave.

Then just learn how to fix/wrench your own shit. You're not TOTALLY effete and helpless, are you?

You didn't make an argument worth answering. just loose insinuations that ignored my earlier posts.... which went like: something something something tools something something.

Ive done it ever since my bad experience with aligners.
Its literally the only thing shops still have over the average hobbyist.