QTDDTOT

I bought a car recently. Good conditions, runs fine, just replaced oil, all filters, spark plugs. It seems to have a very low idle speed (~250-300 RPM). Is this bad?

2004 audi TT roadster

Yes. Now you get to finally understand why owning a German car is terrible.

i have a 3yr old left over coolant from the last time i changed it. can i still use last times left overs? does coolant expire? i need to change mine soon

Gauge is probably reading wrong.
Does it shake real bad and run rough?
I doubt it could sustain 300 RPM

Nope, not really, seems smooth. I forgot to mention it's a manual, and by idling I mean when it's in neutral.

I thought I was crazy and was reading the tach wrong, but the needle sits comfortably between 0 and the second notch, which would be 250ish. Could it be reading like 250-500 lower than it actually is?

i bought an auto mustang last summer for 20k in cash. now i want to trade it in for an identical one except with a manual. is this a stupid financial decision or should i do it. i have the funds but I dont want to loose money on the trade in for a basically same car

Don't imagine that's a problem.

Your guage might be off. Try revving it up to fuel cut-off; is it at redline?
Also the word "condition" is not plural and is a dead giveaway (in the US) that you're a Mexican.

It will cost you a couple thousand through a dealership plus you'll have to pay sales tax which could be $1000 and title, registration etc. If you buy and sell on craigslist and are a good negotiator it might only cost you the tax and such.

> Also the word "condition" is not plural and is a dead giveaway (in the US) that you're a Mexican.

I typed something else and didn't proof read it. I think you're just a mexican trying to blend in. Get back over the wall

> Your guage might be off. Try revving it up to fuel cut-off; is it at redline?

I dunno, I'll try that. I'm guessing I'm looking to see if the gauge reads ~250-500 below the marked redline when it hits the rev limiter?

I think what this guy said. Plus, buying a car for any other reason than reliably getting from point a to point b is technically a bad financial decision, but if you want it and can afford it, go for it.

>see if the gauge reads ~250-500 below the marked redline when it hits the rev limiter?
That or it'll only go up to 3250. Could be the guage itself is bad.

I know I've seen it rev up to at least 5k. I'll have to see where it hits redline.

Let's say the gauge is right and it does idle at 300 though - is that actually a bad thing? what could cause that?

The manual will hold it's value better

Will it though? Normies don't know how to drive stick

No way it's idling at 300 rpm without shaking and sputtering horribly. It's the guage.

Ok thx friend. I knew it sounded pretty loud for the revs it's been showing

What's the going rate to install a radio? How much before I am getting raped?

>too retarded to use the search function
try harder audifag

Are the 3-series e46s decently reliable? I want to get one because I love the styling and it's a nice smooth classy ride for not too much money. I'm looking to get one in the $7k range and keep it stock. How expensive are they to work on really? I have a mechanic friend that would be happy to work on one for a decent price