BMW to announce stripped, 2700 lb 2-series

BMW leaks part two, mates

>alex schmuck
anyway why the fug would anyone get this instead of an 86

>M-Tech suspension and brakes

That right there is a huge reason, if they are as the same as what the M2 gets, on a chassis that light, they will be miles ahead of what Toyo/Subaru offers.

>replace sound deadening and interior panels with literal cardboard
>delete all luxury options
>charge more because it's "sporty"
cool
Weighs the sameas the 86 but is down 10% on horsepower. What's the thing everyone complains about with the 86? Too much power, right? This sounds like a good solution then. Oh, wait

>MSRP will be set at $43,750

>turbocharged 2.0L with less than 200HP

How does that work?

>>charge more because it's "sporty"
Actually it costs more because it has to be pulled off the line and finished by hand. That's the case with most of the factory stripped cars like this. They take like 5x the manpower to complete even though there is less work, since the work is non-standard.

Also the carbon fiber bits are expensive as fuck.

BMW arbitrarily limits their low end 4 bangers to make the higher end 4s and 6s more attractive.

An ECU reflash can give the base 220i motor 50 more HP, and some mods can bring it up to 320HP.

Isn't the MTech stuff on the M2 just some decentish non-adjustable coilovers?

It's the best fixed suspension that Sachs (BMW's OEM for suspension) makes and it is set up/tuned very well.

The weebs here will compare it to the GT86/BRZ but there is no contest in terms of the FACTORY quality of the suspension. The brakes will be lightyears ahead.

Sounds kinda like the BRZ PP, which has Sachs dampers and Brembos. The potential of the engine + ECU flash is nice, and the idea of an 86 without the boy racer looks is a good one, but at $43K+ I don't really see many takers.

You're probably right but note the sales scheme

>made available to members of the BMW Car Club of America through a pre-order system at select dealers

They will drum up enough exclusivity to sell every single one and the fuckers will probably appreciate on the aftermarket, like the lightweight E46 M3 CSL.

>msrp
>43750

Should i walk into this dealership and ask about this? I live literally 5 minutes away.

you should but they will probably either be clueless or act clueless
also how are you planning on asking them?
>''there are these leaked pics on top secret bmw projects on this chinese cartoon image board''

You pay less tax and turn boost back up before driving.

this

turbocharged, not gay looking, tuned by M division 86 for only $43k? sign me up

>181 HP turbo 2.0 liter
>$44k

Too close to used M2 territory to come this underpowered from the factory.

lol you can turn the boost up by connecting your computer to the car

>less tax
I thought countries that had this sort of tax taxed displacement, not power output.

Either way, it's sold in the US like this, and we don't have a tax for displacement or power output.

The very same engine (B48B20) is available from factory with 252 hp in the 230i. Any questions concerning the power output?

this, it holds 300hp with a simple ecu remap, non warranty voiding
to get a toyobaru up to 300hp you need to install a turbo which voids the warranty

Fug, you're right. I wonder if length of membership in the BMW CCA means anything?
Shedding weight is much harder than adding power.

>sell every single one
All 300 of them?

>1244kg
>ONLY FUCKING 184hp

IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?

BENZ 190 16v WEIGHTED THAT MUCH AND HAD 200hp IN THE FUCKING 1980s.
WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS THIS

it's called "LARPing".
last week the same fucking shit got posted here with a >>>>>>> 2

>An ECU reflash

Congrats, you just lost your warranty on a brand new German car.

That is wrong though.
Plenty of manufacturer approved non warranty voiding tunes out there.

The import-rules here in Norway used to be full retard and have tax for both displacement AND power output. Bonus, wankels was multiplied by a factor of two for the displacement-tax.
We have a new and improved laws now, but I imagine some places still does it like we used to.

And this.
>Next week: New lightweight v12 8-series

fabricated and homosexual

I would be pissed if this were real and they decided use a fucking 181 hp 4 cylinder instead of a straight six.

Where were you when BMW single-handedly saved the enthusiast vehicle and brought back the 90s golden age of two-door sportscars?
They even brought the supra back just because they could. BASED.

>void your warranty
>on a brand new $43k car
>just to make it not slower than a $25k car

Sounds retarded

You're retarded if you think a remap/ecu tune voids the warranty.

You're retarded to think it won't.

Theoretically you could remap it back, but a lot of companies have ECU's record when they've been reset.

All new cars have ECUs record but the point is there are plenty of aftermarket tuners who have been approved by the manufacturers which makes them non warranty voiding, it states so if you read the warranty.
For BMW such tuners are AC Schnitzer/Dinan/G Power/Burger tuning and others.

I know they don't let you read the warranty agreement for the bus you ride but an ECU tune can and will be used as an excuse to deny an original factory warranty claim.

It's never denied by respectable companies. We never do at Mercedes.
Maybe honda jews denied your warranty because you overboosted and blew up your 1.5 liter civic.

>Moving the goalposts this far

Also:

>BMW
>respectable

kek

My point is manufacturer approved ecu tunes don't void warranty you fucking retard.
You'd know if you ever owned a newer car.

so when is this gonna get officially leaked?

All of that shit and still not as light as my ranger, topkek

i bet your ranger is better on track too

Damn right it is