Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

No more gays.

mama mia

This OP goes on for soo long.
But it's Chibiitake, so I'm ok with it.

Fang

Is breast size a dump stat?

Sheep

Is that a Fang for ants?

Spicy venison meat balls.

It's a fang for (You)

Hey what's that guy doing there?

IT WAS A REVERSE REVERSE REVERSE TRAP ALL ALONG

sporty fort

cutie

Cute boy

Guys I'm really worried we won't see a EO6 after Atlus is done producing for the 3ds. Even if they abandoned the mapping entirely I'd still love a EO6 just for the combat and OST alone. What do you guys genuinely think the future of the franchise is? It seems to be selling pretty well.

金ソド confused enough boners that some people just went "fuck it, nothing explicitly says it's a dude so it can be a girl if I want". As a result, some artists started either being ambiguous or just outright drawing 金ソド子 instead, which suits me fine.

Those are Pixiv tags, by the way, because I guess they have their own nicknames for certain characters.

They made EMD2 of all things, why wouldn't EO6 exist? Mapping can be done on a single screen with some adjustments.

fuck EOVI where's EOU3

Thinking of going-

Highlander/Dark Hunter/War Magus
Gunner/Sovereign

-for EO2U. Would a Dancer or Hexer be better than the Sovereign class? And would a Ronin be more deserving for a place as a damage dealing party member?

Ah is this like when people thought the male reaper was a girl?

It would seem so, though probably to a lesser extent. I guess they were prepared that time?

they will ship EOVI with graph paper and sticker sheets

War Magus wants Hexer to get reliable access to ailments.
And Dark Hunter really, really wants Hexer to get all binds up.

War Magus' Ailing Slash and Dark Hunter's Ecstasy are among the strongest skills in the game.

Don't take a Ronin in EO2U - they are probably the weakest class.
Their damage is not all that high to begin with, they need to set up Stances to do anything (which takes a turn - and they fall off after a while) and they are the only damage class whose Force Boost does not increase their damage.

No human has a spine that long. That girl(male) is a snake in disguise.

Got it so I'll swap out the Sovereign for a Hexer. Am I right in thinking I should focus on the elemental bullets for the Gunner to cover my bases?

Look I hate dragging innane shit between multiple threads but I had to reply to this
>It's like he doesn't know what a chibi artstyle is or something
I get that this is something that came up with EOU. Haven't played it and it still wouldn't change much from how a character looks. They kept the design you can't call the whole "chibi artsyles" argument when there is a perfectly reasonable adult male standing next to what looks like three kids. I'm not even slamming the game. It's just that there are characters designed like children, that's just a facet of this series.

Lamias in EO when?

You have very little synergy and you won't be able to go past the second stratum because elemental negation is the key to many boss fights. You might need to pick up Grimoires for that and put them on the Sovereign.

Are we still trying to milk Dinogators?

Would a Fang Fang a Fang if Fangs could Fang?

Dinogators are reptiles and do not have mammary glands which to milk.

Best make your highlander the tank because you'll get decked on bosses.

I'm glad no one has started drawing him as a girl.

Yes

Intentionally sarcastic? 'cause there's quite a few of them

>FINALLY finish setting up my Linking team in EOIV
>Have both a two-turn setup and a four/five-turn setup (depending on Auto-Surge procs)
>Test out the five-turn setup on Fallen One
>Initial hit deals 6k damage
>Average hit of the subsequent chases is 4k
>Landy deals 6+32k damage to a boss with 40k health in a single round
Interesting.

Cute.

That sounds entirely reasonable, but someone last thread insinuated that (spoiled) Dinogator milk was a thing that a person could smell like, and I have been morbidly curious ever since.

So am I the only one who actually really looks forward to the admittedly bare bones story in these games? I never seem to be able to do the whole roleplay your guild thing but the actual Labyrinth seems interesting to me.

You do you, man. In the mean time, I'll be infatuated with tomboy fortress for a while

Fine by me

We could see the (male) note mere hours after.

>playing on Picnic

We don't have many handsome women in EO, do we? The closest is probably Teach.

I like the stories. I don't roleplay a whole guild because I usually just run two teams at most, but I do form impressions for what my guild members act like and how they interact with each other.

usually based on who synergizes with who like a Landsknect and Alchemist being bros because of the former's chaser abilities.

the story is pretty nice first go round yea

I try to play out guild member personalities but it's kinda hard when there's nothing to go off of outside choosewhodoeswhat events for my uncreative brain

I wish that there was an in-day calendar with made-up holidays and you could note each day, like say so-and-so's birthday on Emperor 1. Or you could just write whatever, I'd still like to be able to view a calendar in-game beyond simply being told what month/day it is without the context of what part of the year that is barring a self-made thing that'd take I don't know how long to make.

It isn't Picnic mode. Eagle Eye + Volt Rune + Vanguard + Blood Surge + Initiative + Charge + Attack Tango + Runemaster on the same line. I'm not even using Yggdrasil weapons, so it could be even higher.

>Beat Dragon Quest Builders
Director: Kazuya Niinou
He really likes post-apocalypse RPGs

what's that?

i just beat U2 with a similar team

highlander/sovereign/war magus
gunner/survivalists

you need a good ailment setter for sure.

fang

Is lmao4kat worth using without a Dragoon babysitting?
I'm really leaning towards putting one on my team, but I feel like I only want it for the sheer novelty of a class that forgoes all equipment just to have 4 weapons at once.

Alternatives to using hoplit and monk in EO3?
No princes monk
No zodiac monk

So you want to remove a primary defense and healing? Just put points into bandage so you can heal out of combat and carry healing items into combat. You will be bleeding a lot of money early game because of this.

In EO does the Blazer and other chaser skills from Landsketch activate when you make an auto-attack inbuded with an element from Troubadour?

And are those attacks enough to trigger conditional drops like Insect Eyes from the butterflies?

First thing, yes. Second one, I don't remember in the original, but in the remakes it had to be strictly a non-physical elemental move.

I see, do they work with attacks made by the Landsketch himself?
Like Landsketch uses Blazer, Troubador imbues hi with fire, the Landsketch uses fire imbuded standard attack. Will that be followed by the Blazer hit or does it have to be another character doing it like the Protector (Survivalist feels like a waste cause of Multi-hit+Apolon)?

Chasers aren't buffs, so they work only on the turn you use them, meaning that you can't activate them with your own Landsknecht.

Try it out and document your results. 4katanas are highly delicate and need protection all the time.
Maybe give it only 3 or 2 swords and some armor. Mine has 3 and a breastplate and she can survive an attack, sometimes

Eliminate CIA fucking when

00040000001bff00 ca2bf315ec7d144d9c3257258ef0d324
Title ID and titlekey.

Holy shit user thank you.

Yes. The Charged Elementals are a big TP intensive for the beginning so maybe use the Rounds at first - but only bring them up to the level needed for the Charged ones.
A Point Blank into Burst Shot is a great move - just a bit risky since you have no tank.

Also your general lack of tank means you need to rely on control even more - ail and bind everything or else you will die. At least on Expert.

At which difficulty?
Sovereign up front should have taken way too much damage from any physical source.
Their heavy armor and shield means very little in 2U, their low VIT is way more important.

Princess/X might be enough for healing although you will have trouble cleansing stuff.

I would not recommend going without a Hoplite. The physical damage in the first stratum is enough to nearly kill unguarded Gladiators so every other frontliner will get turned into paste regularely.
And then elemental attacks start coming out which hurt even more.

If you really want it... maybe a mixture of Princess defence buff and Zodiac Prophecies might keep you alive?

Kind of telling that Gunner needs a Jack Frost ball so you recognize her.
But only because no artist ever draws her eyes like they are in the game. They always use normal eyes instead of her baggy ones that make her look like she is constantly crying.

FangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFangFang

It looks like she is rolling uphill...

>and then she lost to the hill

Oh no, it's retard. It must be put down.

Wake up

I wonder if this artist had ever drawn a human before.

At some point can I swap out my healer to another danafe orientated class for EOU Classic Expert? Currently DarkHunter/Dancer/Protector/Alchemist/Healer. I was thinking of getting some cure/salve grimoires as well as revive then just slapping them onto someone since I generally haven't been using grimoire stones.

I think a Troubadour with healing grimoire stones will work fine. Go ahead and switch out the healer for another damage dealer.

Fang

>filename

yes, twitter is a disgusting thing.

What is Ricky doing in High Lagaard?

Probably getting dickied.

>Pugilist/Dragoon/4katBunnie
>Warlock/Rover

Rate my harem for EOV.

you've got 3 characters competing for 3 pet slots

Which is the third? I know Dragoon has Bunker + Pillbox and Hound has Doggie + Hawk, but is there someone else?

oh wait I thought warlock was necro, sorry

Phew.

Doggo healer, I assume?
If you put your Warlock in six elements you will get a pretty damn good lockdown party going.

Still running a
>Land/Dancer/Night
>Fortress/Medic
party in Eo4. First fight against the Berserker King got my party pasted.

I probably need to upgrade the armor, but is there a better party to be running for the game in general, or is it doable with just these?

Everyone has Proficiency.
>Land: A point in Vanguard and Power Boost, 4 points in Freeze Link, 1 in Blaze Link
>Dancer: 3 points in Attack Tango, 3 in Counter Samba, 3 in Fan Dance, 2 in Chase Samba
>Night: 4 Ice Knife, 4 Sand Throw, 2 Blade Flurry, 2 Shadow Cloak
>Fort: 1 Ally Shield, 4 Strike Guard, 1 Element Guard, 2 Taunt, 2 Auto-Taunt, 2 Iron Wall
>Medic: 4 Healing, 4 Line Heal, 2 Refresh, 2 Patch Up

have to admit, seeing Bloodbears as the normal FOE on B3 after the boss fight was quite a scare. Especially when the first one I saw was a rare breed. Fastest I've ever noped the fuck out of a dungeon so far.

Did you engage the Berzerker King from behind?

As for a Party suggestion: EOIV rewards going rather offensively - Fortress and Medic is often overkill.
And since you have so many frontliners, Fortress is not that strong in the long run...

My advice would be to push on with your party to the end of the second maze.
There you will get the first unlockable class as well as two scrolls that each let you instantly level a character to 25.
Then kick both your Medic and your Fortress out and take a Runemaster and the first unlockable class who can both get one of these scrolls.
At this point you can also rest your Dancer to be focussed more on Waltzes and Tangos as Sambas fall off pretty hard as the game goes on (but they are fine for now).

The unlockable class is a control class with some support capabilites - so you defence would be lockdown and passive healing with options to active healing in both Dancer and the new class.

Or you could swap the Landy for a Runemaster right now and swap Medic for the first unlockable class later for a more traditional approach.

Did you like the boss theme against the red bear?

Oh right, what level are you? Level is actually pretty significant in EO so grinding a few more levels usually helps a ton.