Driving a manual fucking sucks (esp if its not a diesel...

Driving a manual fucking sucks (esp if its not a diesel, engine will stall by even the slightest miscalculation) You constantly have to multitask, can't relax, can't properly focus on your surroundings. It's fucking outdated piece of shit technology that's only still here because fucking peer pressure, and if you think differently, you're considered mentally handicapped. Fuck them, fuck manual.

t. euro taking driving lessons in a manual

You are mentally handicapped.

take the bus, child.

mAh v8 doesn't stall. Why not get a v8?

Get an auto you waste of space.
why is it hard for you to rev the engine up a bit before letting off the clutch?

Sounds like you just need to git gud.

fuck you, eat shit, stay in your little bubble,
when I pass this test I will buy a fucking auto or electric and be fucking done with it, I will never touch a manual in my life ever again. Into the dustbin it goes. I bet you love the fucking stick because it's a fucking dildo. Can't wait till I am done with this shit so I can buy me a proper car

Ok

Don't get frustrated buddy, it's a bit of a learning curve and even if you end up driving auto for the rest of your days, being able to operate a manual transmission is a useful skill. Just practice more and you won't fumble under pressure and forget your mirror/head checks.

I'm not saying I am terrible at it, just mediocre, and I will pass the test, but I don't see the fucking joy in it Manual is a fucking nuisance. People only like it because others told them to, peer pressure. It's like drinking beer. You fucking hate the taste, but because others say its normal, you keep drinking it. eventually you may start to like the taste a bit, because you're forcing yourself to. doesn't take away the fact it still fucking sucks.

get good you fucking faggot

> I don't enjoy it therefore no one does

>I will never touch a manual in my life ever again
good, you should kill yourself while you're at it
you sound like such a beta male

>hates manual transmissions and beer

I don't like you and your opinions are wrong.

>If I don't like it no one else must like it in fact people who like things I don't only like them because of external force, there's no joy in anything that I don't naturally like.

What a child. Does your mommy walk you to the bus stop?

People like it because they actually know how to drive and they aren't doing a driving test in a city.
Go drive the touge in an auto then come back and say you think manual is shit when your brake discs are warped due to no engine braking and you are bored from the torque converter stealing power and killing any throttle response.

Just because you don't line it doesn't mean others can't enjoy it either.

If it's so awful why did you bother in the first place?

>inb4 Veeky Forums told me to

> he thinks beer can't be enjoyed by anybody either

You are either the king of bait, or a child. I'll go with the latter.

>If it's so awful why did you bother in the first place?
because EVERYONE expects you to get a manual license in Europe. Peer fucking pressure. I can't have a fucking automatic only on my license. No girl will go out with me. I just have to get the fucking manual license but after that I will never use it again

I like beer now too, but only because peer pressure forces you to acquire the taste for it. the first times you drink beer it's disgusting

eh, I will get an electric in 5 to 10 years anyway, and that won't be problem due to regen. I don't care for muh boredom. here in Europe there are so many obstacles, signs and small roads that driving itself is challenging enough

Natural selection, you absolute twat. Cut off your left leg to have a reason to be a little bitch.

just take the bus you faggot

>I have to get a manual license because I'm insecure

Literally who gives a fuck.

The vast majority of people don't care about cars, let alone whether you change your own gears or boy.

You're bringing this all on yourself desu

well I can't change the fucking program now after 6 lessons in can't I. If I knew what a fucking shit manual was I may have done differently, but muh Veeky Forums saying it's cool and shit made me stick with it, now I will stick through it until I get my license

>t. euro taking driving lessons in a manual

Let me guess: first lessons? You'll get used to it in no time at all, have patience. Unless of course, you want to admit you're dumber than 99% of the euro population

I was stalling the car 3 times every time I got into that instructor's car. I thought I was rubbish at it and I wanted to stop driving.
It was a 1.4 Polo. It was awful.
Once I started driving my car, I would not want to drive auto for the next 15 years at least.

>You constantly have to multitask, can't relax, can't properly focus on your surroundings
>taking lessons

just ask to take an automatic test instead, they're for slow people like you.

>No girl will go out with me.
This HAS to be bait.

>can drive manual
>Through a mountain road
>Heavily intoxicated
>One handed

Am I a god?

considering you're still learning to drive, you shouldn't relax, it's supposed to be alien and unnerving
It becomes muscle memory after a few months

>driving drunk
You're a massive faggot

nah man, all ruralfags can drive

>driving under influence
You're the reason they're making self driving cars happen, you fucking dildo.

You're a god until you get in a life-threatening accident. After that you go back to being a degenerate waste of space

if you aren't a pro after 2 months of regular commuting then you must be a brainlet.

i have a literal coordination disorder and i'm fine rev matching, let alone just driving the car.

also, you do realise you can just take the test in an auto and drive those right?

you probably grew up on a far in rural america if you think you can pass a european driving test without lessons

is it a 1 litre?

if it is, that may be why. every 1 litre i've driven needed more than half throttle to move off without stalling

the manual is fun for carfags

for normalfags, its a cheaper, more reliable transmission type than an auto

stay a brainlet OP, no one will care

OP is probably more of a faggot than you think, driving schools only use diesels in Europe afaik.
Even a 1 litre diesel can move from a standstill without giving it gas.

You must be 18 to post on Veeky Forums.
Also,speak for yourself on the manual thing,I had an opportunity to drive an auto and I found it both boring and annoying as fuck,not even the fact that it had double the power of my DD helped

>It's like drinking beer. You fucking hate the taste, but because others say its normal, you keep drinking it. eventually you may start to like the taste a bit, because you're forcing yourself to. doesn't take away the fact it still fucking sucks.

I can 100% agree with this mate. Tasted several kind of beers, they are mostly all the same and I`d rather drink some fruit juice.

Also, when i was learning to drive I also hated manual, but as sson as i fully learned, i only dislike it in heavy traffic, for highway travel think its beter than simple auto cars.

Soon you`ll get used to manual, but for street, yeah, auto are simple easier and stressless

Lowest quality bait

FPBP

Not OP.
Mostly yes. But it is down to the instructor to choose a car. Mine was petrol and was a bitch to drive since it was hydraulic and was lolnotorq VAG machine which gave literally 0 feedback through the pedal. Combined with the anxiety from that old guy sitting next to me, waiting for us to get going on the stop light, I had a hard time not stalling. I have stalled my car 5 times in total ever since for the 5 years of driving.

OP is right, just admit it

There is no benefit to constantly clutching in and out in traffic

You fuckwits don't change do you

Pleb try masterbating at the same time

I'm not sure what your problem is. Driving manual is absolutely second nature to me and almost every other manual driver out there. I almost never stall even with a complete notorks rotary, and the last time I put actual thought into it was probably when I was first learning this car's clutch. If you're thinking about what gear you need, you're doing it wrong. It's a complete feel thing, you just have whatever gear you want whenever you want it. If anything, I focus more on my surroundings in a manual because I'm planning ahead so that I don't get caught out in the wrong gear, and it's all a completely subconscious process.

Get good, m8

>that Mazda Protégé

Veeky Forums will eat me alive for this but I just switch every 20kms increase.

At 20 go to 2, at 40 go to 3, at 60 go to 4 and so on. I literally never look at the tachometer

It just works

that's what I also do when driving normally

>dislikes beer and manuals
Unironically a retarded beta cuck

>stalls with 'slightest miscalculation'
>thinks he isn't bad at it
You are just bad at driving. It's fine, you're still learning.
The first time you get to a nice, twisty road you'll enjoy manual a lot more.

itsbait.jpg

Came to post this

>
What a pussy, euro learning stick in the city traffic here too as well. Yesterday I stalled the car for the second time ever in an uphill and I just take it as another chance to learn more, not to blame it in muh manuals and shiet

my favorite type of bait thread

you had better take the bus if you actually have to pay attention to shifting and can't focus on the road.

youre a fag.
I didnt care shit about cars when I was doing my drivers exam and I didnt notice using manual after 3 lessons.
t.euro previously normie stacy commuter

stalling the car is no big business, even happens to the most experienced drivers. when I was learning other drivers were suprisingly patient and so am I to new drivers while they are sitting in an actual learning car.

however, don't go out there in your own car if you can't operate the car yet. go back to learning in parking lots

>student driver
Oh you sweet summer child.
You still learning ofc it is stressing. You are free to switch after you passed and go on with your life.

I like driving my car, not just steering it.

I don't even have to do it.
My seat leon revs itself to 1100rpm as soon as I release the clutch even just a little bit. I can slowly release the clutch completely in 1st gear and it will smoothly start rolling.

That's gay as fuck.

wonders of modern technology.
Obviously if I want to move on faster than 1mph I rev it a bit, but it's a diesel so not really necessary.

The worst part about learning to drive manual is the inevitable realization that you’ll never be good enough to heel toe and rev match as well as Matt farah

Fuck I hate that faggot but god damn he shifts perfectly in basically every car he drives and it takes him like 3 seconds to figure it out. Meanwhile it took me 6 months to get a good rhythm going in my Miata and even then I wasn’t that good at it

>The worst part about learning to drive manual is the inevitable realization that you’ll never be good enough to heel toe and rev match as well as Matt farah
stop being a faggot and get more time behind the wheel
you dont need to heel toe as perfectly as matt farah to have fun

If you can't work clutch how the fuck did you pass you driving test?

Get more experience, preferably with many different cars, and you will. Heel toe isn't even hard once you get used to it, I don't know why people make a big deal out of it.

>I don’t like it therefore nobody else does
Shut up goober

this post was first and is also the best post of them all

/Thread

>manual licence
wait what does this mean?
are there different licenses for different transmissions?
thats insane

First post best post.
/thread

manual (B) license means you can operate both manual and auto

automatic (A) license means you can operate only automatic vehicles

and by the way, automatic license is more expensive, which makes no sense.

>I focus more on my surroundings in a manual because I'm planning ahead
The big problem with this in America is that automatics are so much the norm, people do all kinds of stupid shit without even realizing how much it can fuck up a person in a manual. A lot of situations, you can't really prepare for, like someone pulling right up to your ass on a steep hill, or darting out in front of you unexpectedly in stop and go traffic. When you're just starting out, other people's lack of consideration can really make things suck.

the more i learn from europosters the more im convinced europe is a hellish bizzaro world

fpbp

OP is a faggot

I can do that while also eating a large mcfeast meal. My car also has no cup holders.

I thought it was a Mitsubishi lancer

Yeah, I never look at the tach, you can feel the power rise and fall.

I didn't have a tachometer until my 4th car though, so that might have helped.

Retard tax

r u more retarded than an 8th grade drop out?

because i can handle driving a stick without even fucking thinking about it while double fisting cheeseburgerz and a 40 ounce mega gulp soda

/thread

What the fuck are we even discussing in here?
I can drive manual.
My sister can drive manual.
My grandma can drive manual.
Literally everyone I know can drive manual, because like fucking 80% of cars on the roads are manuals. Like I can't even remember when was the last time I've seen someone having an automatic car.

It's completely natural and requires 0 skill.
Pic related, even majority of standard builds are manual.

Why? That actually makes sense.

>not shifting it using your ass
Found the fag

Actually, Americans are only rediscovering manual driving and its increasing in popularity there, while in Europe the trend is going more and more toward automatic. Slowly, but steadily.

this makes sense as Europe is more stop and go while in the US it's longer, straight drives

It would fit much more in the stereotype of the world if Europe was 90% soy automatic and America was 90% boy manual, but somehow things ended up the opposite.

Triggered bcuz can't operate a simple machine

Try downloading some chromosomes

this is my first day on this board, and if this is the typical kind of post, then i sadly came to the wrong place. OP is literally talking so much shit it is unbelievable

WELL I AM HERE TO STAY AND I WILL BE A PERMANENT POSTER ON THIS BOARD FROM NOW ON

YOU WILL KNOW ME UNDER THIS TRIPCODE ALRIGHT

l2t fag

>still fucks it up
lmao
back to where you came from

MANUAL FAGS SHOULD ALL GO WORK IN FUCKING COAL MINES U LUDDITES

underage b&

>it's manly to grab a phallus shaped object and move it into different positions
>it's unmanly to grab a clitoris shaped object and put it in drive