Talking with new girl

>talking with new girl
>we're chatting about our different hobbies
>movies, tv, etc
>tell her I've always really been into cars
>"oh really, you didn't strike me as the car type?"
>I ask why, what is 'the car type'
>"car guys are like vegans, you can't get more than 5 minutes into a conversation before they have to tell everyone that they're a car guy'

so Veeky Forums, is she right? do you tell everyone that you're a 'car guy'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9QQI5DtQgYo
youtube.com/watch?v=06BFsQ_28Co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not a car guy.

Pretty much, I don't really have many consistent hobbies other than driving/working on my car, so if a girl asks what I do, it's that, school, watching movies, working out, and cooking/baking.

Self proclaimed soyboy "car guys" think that modifying their car involves stickers and little things like stereos. They will never install a turbo on a shitbox, they will never swap the exhaust out of a vehicle and install a Cobb tuner, they will never do anything cool/fun. They can't turn a wrench, just a screwdriver.

Last girl I talked to, I didn't tell her any of my hobbies. I just told her I dabble in lots of things. She came over a lot and over time started to see my hobbies. Gotta be a mystery.

It worked flawlessly until she saw my squirrel skin slippers I made.

have you installed a turbo on your car?

if so lets see a picture of it soyboy

>gotta be a mystery

it's no mystery why she left you

>soyboy
>dabble
>squirrel skin slippers

i dont tell everybody im a car guy, but if you start talking to me about the subject of cars i'll just keep going on, and on, and on about them like i have autism

Maybe if I had a nice car and/or money to fix up a project. But o usually tell people my hobbies are skiing, carpentry, reading and playing videogames.

People are generally surprised I'm an automotive apprentice I assume because I have a nerdy appearance. I'm tall, lengthy, very skinny, I always have to wear glasses due to eye problems, I'm soft-spoken but well read and polite.

I don't because "car guy" types are annoying cringelords.

I don't bring up cars in conversation unless it's relevant. Whenever I take someone out I've always told them to just never mention cars because I will just go on about them and I'm well aware that they aren't really interested.

same. everybody at work pretty much knows im into cars alot and teases me about it.
made fun of me buying a brand new charger while they all still drive their parents throw away cars

>Giving away private information like that

I keep my hobbies/passions under wraps unless the subject comes along. You don't have to tell everyone you enjoy the scent of magic markers user...

No, it's no mystery there. She didn't care for the fact that I get bored and eat squirrel stew and make slippers from time to time. I ate squirrelburger helper once, tasted great. She wouldn't touch it. Was going good when she saw my instruments on the wall and the piano. She started to get freaked out when she saw the Jacob's Ladder in my garage, and my nixie tube projects.

Life gets boring in the rural life. She also didn't like my house very much. I keep warm with a wood stove, have single pane windows, and no insulation. It was built in 1864.

I did on an old 89 foxbody when I was in high school. I'm at work, so no pictures.

you sound weird as fuck an im not at all surprised that she booked it

There's literally no excuse for having single pane windows.
It's inefficient as fuck and irresponsible as fuck.
Build your own double pane inserts for them you retard.
Windows that old probably already look like shit so it would be a restoration effort.

I learned not to talk about cars with normies.

I'm a car guy and vegan, you won't know either of those things unless you go to a car meet with me or go to a restaurant

Do you also have a cock cage and cuck to the 6 gorillian fag boy?

>tripfag on an anonymous image board doesn’t blab on about himself irl
Ha ha sure buddy

only if it comes up, otherwise I just do generic small talk like stuff going on, the weather, etc.

>Weather
Kill yourself Grandma.

It's impossible for me to hide it due to the fact that I drive giant, older cars. If the initial reaction is negative, it wouldn't have worked. I don't go out of my way to bring it up, but I don't hide who I am.

I am weird, I won't deny it. I just have a lot of hobbies, and do some outlandish things. I have a forge, collect old milsurp rifles and memorabilia, I enjoy buying beat up junker cars, fixing them up and selling them for a tiny amount of profit, hunt and fish all the time, make moonshine, play any instrument with strings on it, go camping once a month minimum - including the winter. Make portable gaming systems, like retropi and the like. Have silly electronics projects...I have numerous other hobbies. And I work full time in IT and make decent money.

I have storm windows and plastic over them, but I have 32 windows in my house. They're 6 feet tall. It would take an immense amount of work and time to do them all. I may do the downstairs myself this summer, but I'm having someone else do the upstairs. Fuck that.

Hmm, i never tell people im a car guy usually they can tell just by the way i can complain about cars and CVT transmissions

who cares about being weird mate your life sounds awesome

I don't ever bring up the fact that i'm into cars.
However, if someone other than me brings it up...

Uh I'm gonna need pics of those slippers. Are they comfy?

This, and I don't use the r*ddit memeword (s*yboy)

You sound like an absolute bro, user.

You're weird as fuck, user, I mean that in the best possible way.
You sound like a really cool guy to hang out with

You still got all those jars of pickles?

do you sell those squirrel skin slippers? i could use a comfy pair of slippers

'Sup Joe. Yup, they're still there.

I suppose I could make another pair. They don't last very long. Last pair I made was about two years ago. Lasted a few months. I'm not the best at it.

They are, but sometimes the tailbone pokes at your heel and gets annoying. Use some of the bones for the lining and such. They hurt.

My next venture will be rabbit slippers. I've got like five of them and they're going to destroy my veggie garden this year. Now's as good a time as ever to eradicate them.

Get back to /diy/ and finish the sqoils you goofy fuck.

i haven't talked with anyone since i left high school

How long ago was that?

What if I would rather listen to Eurobeat and cruise the Mt Auburn Blacktop?

>dabble
i fucking hate this word

Cool.

In the current year its a key identifier of a soyboy

Interesting, I've not heard a soyboy faggot say that word. Then again I tend to avoid soyboys all together. Oh well, I don't give a fuck. Used in proper context it fits well. Like when someone asks you if you play guitar? "Oh, I dabble". Then you play for them and you're actually decent at it. When you get someone that says they dabble, then play three chords(horribly) they're probably a faggot anyway.

You literally made that up today.

Soy boys love turboing shitboxes

Show me a pic of a soyboy doing the cock-in-mouth face over xer turbo. If it's a soyboy that did the work, then there is a picture of a faggot doing that.

>like i have autism

you're on Veeky Forums

we all have autism

>Veeky Forums
>Autism

I believe that's Veeky Forums in general. We are turbo-autists.

feels like home

no because I'm not a huge faggot, usually people can either tell by my car that I'm into cars or I'll just casually say "Yea I enjoy cars" if somebody asks what my hobbies but I don't go out of my way.

>tfw met my wife by talking about my spider husbandry enthusiasm
Talking about cars is small time. Then again, I don't look like a scraggly, lanky cunt. I have a suspicion she didn't care about the spiders in reality, but was just trying to fuck me. That whore.

kys inarticulate faggot

I never talk about myself.
I don't really talk to people.

>that poster
YES
YES I DID DREAM OF THAT
FUCK YOU PORSCHE

pleb

This is 100% true. Beta stance fags ruin the hobby

>Spider Husbandry

Now that is another hobby that interests me. My concern is that my house gets very cold in the winters when I'm not home. I don't know how "exotic" spiders would fare in my domicile. I know reptiles are out of the question.

Are you the guy that has the centipedes and shit?

A small space heater for a room can work, but I live in the southwest US so I rarely faced those issues. You want the temp to stay above 70 consistently with rare dips to 50-60 being survivable. You could also just warm one closet with a heatpad during winter. It's doable but inconvenient and an addition to your power bill.

I don't know how many spiderfags were on this board, so maybe. Uses to have hundreds. Now just one Heterometrus scorpion that lives in a planted terrarium and a Chinese cave gecko. RIP in peace my hobby.

Literally all of my youth I've wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse cuz F&F and a Nissan Skyline (which I recently actually bought). Not once have I dreamed of owning a Porsche

Am I a soyboy car guy if I can only do maintenance at night with a trouble lamp because of my work schedule?

Pro tip: This wasn't even fully disassembled yet but there's multiple steps for removing the manifold.

i love you guys

never once have i thought about ever wanting a porsche

>when you're a vegan car guy

What do you tell people first?

look at that boi! he so big

>never day-dreaming about owning and driving a 1500hp biturbo screaming flat 12
Absolute plebians

sounds like you dabble in gobbling up a lot of cocks

>soyboys love getting their shitboxes turboed
FTFY

It's Valentine's day. Make tonight a special night.

>not calling it Veeky Forumstism
come on man

I'm not a car guy I'm a car goy buy VAG.

Wouldbefriendswith/10

Id rather have a nice car than some dumb bitch

>rabbits fucking up his garden
>he kills them and makes cozy slippers out of them
>he's gonna slip them on, step out on the porch and sip coffee while looking at his garden
Fucking legend.

>that porsche poster

yes porsche, a whole generation of people that grew up playing videogames in fact.

because you didnt care and sold your licences to the worst videgame company in history, and your cars were featured only in pleb games (all NFS games except porsche unleashed/2000 obviously, that game was god tier).

>coffee
Nah, I’m an alcoholic thanks to cheap and good moonshine, so I’ll sip on some shine.

I day-dream about a 800kg, 900hp naturally aspirated, hell-fire spitting, really screaming 4 rotor madmanmobile

>squirrel skin slippers
Are you sure you're civilized?

>dream car was Foxbody GT
lmao fuck off porsche

This is also a perfectly acceptable answer.

>Subaru
>Multiple steps for removing the manifold
Why are you pulling the intake? Why did you unbolt the fuel rail? What are you doing.

Preparing to remove the heads to do the headgaskets

Depends on your definition. My car is worth more than my house, anyway.

Bummer.

Please don't tell me you're pulling the heads with the engine in the car. It takes about 2 hours from engine bay to engine stand..

For those who wish to have a most intimate experience.

If it's relevant or people ask me what my main hobby is I'll tell them, but I won't go out of my way to shove it down their throat. Girls usually don't care but a lot of guys at least havet a passive interest in cars so it's good for a convo

>Tfw talk to my car like its a puppy whenever i fill it up or have a spirited drive
One time i kissed it

youtube.com/watch?v=9QQI5DtQgYo
youtube.com/watch?v=06BFsQ_28Co

>Chatting to friends about what cars we'd buy if we won the lottery
>I mention that I'd have a string of project cars for different scenarios
>"Oh, haha, sorry user. We forgot you weren't a car guy"
>I'm the only one out of them that works on cars
>I'm the only one who actually has a project car
>They made fun of me for buying the beater to restore it
>They routinely volunteer to help work on it but never come around.

The modern "car guy" is actually just a poser who remembered a few luxury car names. Like vegans who memorise a few facts and claim to be experts.

Shout out to my dad who thinks that a project car is buying a working car and slowly swapping out already working parts for top level aftermarket parts. Still definitely counts, but it's just not the same as
A turning a non working wreck into a functioning vehicle.

>A turning a non working wreck into a functioning vehicle.
so fucking satisfying

Proof

>The modern "car guy" is actually just a poser who remembered a few luxury car names.
this.

>my squirrel skin slippers I made
kek

Bf is a car guy. He's pretty mean to girls - your picture is a liar.

How about "we break the bank" instead

car guys are more like horse girls, not vegans.

Don't worry I read your description. You're a wierd rural guy but you seem alright. Like an autist modern day Huckleberry Finn.

>911
>affordable

Nein.