/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Elias and Kötz edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.22 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298309-16/operation-health-update-222-patch-notes
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-296924-16/operation-health-diagnosis-optimizing-operators
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snBtlePIOFQ
youtube.com/results?search_query=rainbow six siege pc low fps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What went so incredibly wrong?

>Ying has no primaries because Echo always made fun of her for using such crutches until she stopped and left him due to emotional abuse

Honestly I'm just happy they got rid of the gimp suit.

What's even more baffling is that both models were made by the same guy

what do now?
i can buy one and still have bux for all new ops , but then again maybe i should start saving for SK/grom attacker too

Not baffling at all, my dude

at least get mira

left face is better (fucking special op putting on lipstick before a inherently time-sensitive counter terrorism operation?), right balaclava is better

I've been having trouble spotting enemies due to them blending in with the backgrounds or surroundings.
Is there an easy way to remedy this issue or do I just have to get good and catch the little details?

Get Mira and then wait until Blood Orchid. If the acog rumors were true then either buy Echo or the new defenders (or whoever gets GSG's acog). Otherwise just get Frost.

It is though, new Twitch looks like an intern did it over the weekend.

how does that even happen when everyone in the game glows like a bodybuilder on stage?

get mira, her and valk are meta defenders for a reason

that's weird. between the unannounced bandit operator art downgrade and twitch's unannounced new model downgrade i was almost beginning to think ubisoft might be trying to erase the good work of some designer who got on their bad side.

I don't even get why they changed Bandit's art. Were they offended by the coke jokes or what?

They could have changed her strange latex fetish mask without removing her soul

>Never affected me as I've had the chainmail headgear since it released
I also picked up the Uniform right when it was added to complete it.

>new model downgrade

is she actually THAT good? I don't think she would suit my playstyle all that well and i just don't like her character (voicelines, model etc) that muchstill ranks above frost though

I think I'll buy echo now because with an ACOG he might be fun and Rook used to be my "main" (most played) operator so I dig the MP5
I'll get mira if I decide I don't want one of the new operators asap

>tfw you finally have competent people to play with

She was at a 98% pickrate last tourney. That should speak for itself.

Also, don't get Echo, he's hardly useful. The MP5SD is much better post-buff, but I'd highly recommend just waiting and seeing if the rumors were true.

WHY DO SO MANY SHITTERS USE THE EXTENDED BARREL, ITS USE IS NEARLY NON-EXISTENT IN THE GAME'S CURRENT STATE PUT A REAL BARREL ON FUCKKKKK

These Blitzes aren't angry enough

I think pretty much all GIGN operators are dead inside, Mont especially.
The shield protects his body, but not his soul.

montagne is really cute though!

reminder that echo got his girl stolen by the Lord

In the Jap dub of Siege Monty sounds like Kenshiro.

>shotgun and an LMG

is ying the worst attacker conceived of so far?

how hard is this game to get into?
is it even any fun?

But Tachan is the one getting fucked in this relationship.

LMGs are fine just look at Fuze

There's probably going to be a free weekend on Steam when the update hits at the end of this month, you could try it then

Fuze is the only case of an LMG being half-decent in this game.

it's a semi auto. this is siege dude they'll be OP for a few weeks.

>free weekend of Steam
>actually playing on Personal Cuck platform
>even with new players flooding in on free weekend the game will still be dead as shit on PC

*snickers*

it's fun when it works

nice of the designers to silently change the jovial joker operator's art to look like a hateful killer

But what if its the C1?

>Day Favela

fine, i bought mira. what barrel do I put on the vector?

I remember they also changed Kapkan's art that made him look normal to being some kind of psycho

>Favelas at all

>Night Favela
>My framerate

>consoles
>constant 60fps regardless of map

kek

Who do you think has the coolest stance.

I like Pulse's stance as it's straight forward and not posturing.

>Shotguns

>pc
>constant 180+fps with 144hz monitor regardless of map

stay mad consolecucks my rig costs more than you make in a year pic not related

>only 60

Montagne or Mira

Smoke. He's standing straight up, shoulders squared, and looking down at you, so it's a bit intimidating (along with the gas mask), and he's holding the shotgun as if he's daring you to make him use it.

KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=snBtlePIOFQ
>800x800
>BARELY 30FPS
PCucks ON SUICIDE WATCH

>consoles
>60

Mira's gun goes GRRRRAT, and her gadget (aka free information and easy wallbangs AND C4 (all of which are super powerful on a defender, see pulse, but instead of vertical gameplay, horizontal))

Friendly reminder to not give the console(phone)poster (You)'s. Just ignore him.

I wish Pulse's model looked like his artwork. In-game he's got a weaker chin, a more narrow head, and a crooked nose. Generally just looks like a creeper.

>on literally the lowest tier hardware available
>spend 150 bucks and you already get 60

and her gadget is really fucking good and decently fun*

This, his portrait is so much better than his actual model. Stubbly bald > spray painted on hair.

>rig is old af
>have to play on low settings
>no reflections, no player shadows, low res textures
>2.0 sound
Everyone is a chameleon in this game.

I'm talking about guns that can have other options than a suppressor

Cav's caulking gun honestly has bad enough falloff and low enough recoil to warrant using the extended barrel, but I can't think of any other gun for which that's the case.

I use the extended barrel on some guns because I think it looks cool.

I use it on frost's

That's fine man, I just wish people would take it off of things like the Para-308 and the MK18.

Stoped using extended barrel for frost to avoid being spotted while roaming. match my autism nigga.

> Guy randomly shoots out cams
> gets in the way of our Valk throwing cams outside
>Valk gets fed up and TK's
>Guy gets mad in chat
>I ask him why he took cams out
> no answer

Why are people like this? is it too fucking hard to say why you do retarded shit?

I don't think we can properly judge Operation Health until the end of Blood Orchid. That way we can evaluate the changes they've been working on in this time, like reworked lighting and operators, and "improved servers."

>I don't think we can judge the parents based on their behavior, we can only judge them by their children

but you're right

That's probably one of the stupidest analogies I've read in a long time.
Besides, ever heard of the saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch"? He's right you know.

>Start winning on ranked
>Immediatly the enemy team starts doc glitching

FUCKING FIX THIS SHIT UBIJEWS

>That's probably one of the stupidest analogies I've read in a long time.
I dunno, it actually seems pretty accurate you corporate cocksucker.

>not using a food analogy
Sad

He was caveman tier in his closed alpha portrait

>mfw

Pretty sure you don't get to be the judge of whether or not your shitty analogies are shitty or not.
And if you don't see the reasoning behind waiting to see results before you jump to conclusions, you're probably just another impatient, angry underage. So fuck off.

Any trick to get better performance on a FX-8350 ?

here you go PCuck

youtube.com/results?search_query=rainbow six siege pc low fps

:^)

>Smoke; an overly aggressive man with an aptitude for sciences, never pursued an academic career due to getting his high on thrills and high-tension moments. Cares little for his safety and enjoys the chaos of war, these factors make him useful for defensive maneuvers.
>Hibana; TRAVELED ALL ACROSS THE GLOBE TO PERFECT HER SKILLS LIKE SOME MONK TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE MEANING OF LIFE. SHE KNOWS KUNG-FU AND KARATE MAN. SHE GOT HER NICKNAME BY BEING THE MOSTEST BESTEST SKILLED PERSON FOR EVER, SHE ALSO SPEAKS 7 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES FLUENTLY. DID I MENTION SHE AND THERMITE WORKED TOGETHER TO CREATE HER GADGET?
>Ying: SHE WAS ECHOS GF AND THEN THEY BROKE UP AND NEVER GOT BACK TOGETHER :(

>when you forget to reinforce one wall

Have you tried messing around with your AA settings?

Enable temporal filtering

>when you die after looking away for a second

Stupid white male millennial. That's also not even Ying's full bio

I love Smoke's voice acting. His voice is like a crow's when he yells.

Antialiasing? i have it disabled.
i get pretty much teh same framerate on high than on low settings, its a CPU bottleneck
>having 1/2 my real resolution and applying antialiasing to it
thats retarded

>thats retarded
Then why ask how to get better performance in the first place faggot

>ask for performance tricks mentioning CPU
>get advice for crappy GPUs
temporal filtering is crap eitherway, TAA too. just make things blurry.

Why explain yourself it puts you on the defensive.

>use shotguns
>wreck shit
>people start trashtalking because "b-but shotguns bad"

>Intel HD
>weakest GPUs on the market
>wew gottem

put less strain on the cpu, increase the texture/terrain quality etc
not sure which settings strain the cpu more in siege, but you can probably find that pretty easily

Shaders strain the CPU the most, at least on High. Between Low and Medium you'll see minimum difference in performance, outside of extremely low-end or old CPUs.
Lighting is second on CPU strain, but for gameplay reasons you really never want it lower than medium, since seeing player shadows can win you rounds more often than you'd think.
And from what I've heard and tested, it seems v-sync will help keep the game from rendering more frames than your CPU can handle, which'll essentially max out its usage to 100% constantly otherwise, and as a result you'll get lots of micro-stutter, and potentially mouse stutter. I used to have major problems with both of those until I started using v-sync, which surprised me because until then I always thought v-sync was to be avoided like a plague.

the people that say to stay away from it are the retards that cant maintain a solid framerate, and therefore see frame dips all the time

heres a fix to the performance issue

dont play on PC

Anybody wanna play siege? We got two here. Message me: Theantiam

Oops, PC btw.

I've realized that since then, and since I used to have a shitty laptop and desktop as my only options I listened to them, but I've had progressively better builds since then so I've realized how useful v-sync can be on most engines