/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #881 - Eggman Nigga Edition

>Sonic News

fast

Anyone seen Vector in Sonic Boom?

shut up, MANLET

CANON

of all characters, why did they pick Vector for a cameo!?

Forgot to include the last edition, loser!

Yeah. I really, really hope this isn't just a one-time cameo of Vector in Boom & we see him again.

post zones

So are Generations Classic Sonic and Forces Classic sonic different Classic Sonic's?

Have any comic subscribers had any success getting refunds from Archie lately?

Yes.

Guys I know some of you will hate me guys for this but as a sonic fan I must talk about things like this anyway I hate amy for so many reasons.

1 : she just Cares about herself and sonic anything else?? NO!

2 : SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!! Always annoying sonic

3: she acting like she is the coolest thing alive

4 : she has no role in the series she must DIE!

5: she is have no brain if you watched sonic x you will see why I hate her episode 20 when the ghost maked sonic says he love her and she must do something to make him free his voice was weird not his voice how she didn't know that wasn't him even Chris noticed that hem wasn't him oh I forgot there is more in season 2 when Amy developed a something will throw him in a lake and she bevepoled in the lake a potion make him fall in love with her but that idea didn't work tails and Cosmo who falled In the lake then Amy shouted and insulted tails and cosmo isn't that provoking you???

6 : she trying to makes herself cute and lovely
In the episode when they went to a fight and the winner will take a Chaos emerald when Amy was going to fight pokon she said: what! They allowed you to subscribe in the competition?!? He cried and said: what is the wrong with me? And her fans stopped encourage her and she said: i'm a lovely and cute person and pokon said something but he wasn't saying anything bad about her and then she she hit him with her hammer isn't that provoking You?

That's why I hate her

So is Mania on a different timeline?

>archie
>refunds

They'll enjoy the latest issue of Archie, while they catch Riverdale on the CW.

I can't believe Sonic Mania made a reference to InSonicnia :^)

Can someone assault this guy with reboot Amy. She's best girl in those.

Seems like it.

I'm Mephiles...

Mephiles the Dark!

>InSonicnia
Man that takes me back to a long long time ago, back when I made my own fan stuff.

Abt is so fucking overrated. He really isn't that good. People just think he is because he gave us free stuff and he drew more realistic proportions. He's the same shit at Steven Butler. It's astounding how much better Hesse is in every regard. The only artist on the comic that was even close to as good as Hesse is was Ben Bates. And even then he's nothing.

Eggman's Dozen cements how bad ABT is. That spread was so fucking bad, and he can't draw backgrounds at all, which he tries to hide by drawing speed lines and shit like a 5th grader.

Hesse is literally the only artist at Archie worth bringing over, because he's the only one who has genuine talent.

you are a hater if you hate this comment then get out don't read it you are just trying to make yourself know everything but that's is not right you are just a Amy fan and trying to make her super cool

Leave this in the old thread, please

Please tell me you're trolling..

Please if enyone will sy blah blah you are just saying that because you are hate amy blah blah blah blah blah and that ballshit please please please please if you will say this please don't comment

I haven't heard any good stories from people trying to get one.

Holy shit that is abysmal. This only proves that this shithole only likes him because he gave us free (bad) art. Really should've never quit that day job, because if this is the best he can do, then maybe he should just put down the pencil
>Le defense force meme
Are people really this buttmad that none of the Archie artists outside of Hesse were any good? Especially ABT who was Dark Ages tier?\

Really says something when Hesse is the only artist on the comic to actually go somewhere instead of grasping at straws to keep afloat

I'd put Bates above Hesse in consistency. Hell, even Skelly is miles above ABT.

blah blah blah

You're joking right? Chaotix is the most fitting thing to port over to Boom.

Next in line would probably be Silver just to tear him apart at the seams.

Yo, user from yesterday here. I'm trying to find all the giant rings in Sonic Mania, and I think I may have found them all, perhaps. So far I've counted:

gh1 - 3 (1 knuckles only)
gh2 - 3
cp1 - 3
cp2 - 3
so1 - 3
so2 - 3
fb1 - 2
fb2 - 4
pg1 - 2
pg2 - 3
ss1 - 3
ss2 - 3
hc1 - 3
hc2 - 2
ms1 ST - 1
ms1 K - 3
ms2 - 3
oo1 - 3
oo2 - 2
lr1 - 2
lr2 - 5 (1 knuckles only)
mm1 - 3
mm2 - 2
tm1 - 2
tm2 - 1

I've also got recordings of each and how to get to them, so maybe I'll make it a video and put it on youtube or something. Thoughts? Did I miss any?

>people say abt is bad
>can't even draw as good as abt
Least I only ever claimed to be a drawfag and not something grander

For fuck's sake

Autistic Sonic timeline like the Zelda timeline when? I'm thinking 3 timelines, one where Tails perma-dies

You guys need to wait until an argument has calmed down before doing a new thread.

Bates is more consistent but he's always mediocre. Hesse is mediocre at worst and god tier at best. ABT is just the absolute worst. Skelly at least occasionally puts out something akin to good art. Evan Stanley is on ABT's tier if not lower. All Jenhen can draw is "cute". And Yardley could never draw

>Can't even be as good as a 3/10
Wew lad. If that ain't a sign to throw in the towel I don't know what is.

People got over the fact that he draw butts for the general and realized that he isn't really any good. Same thing that will happen with Kayla-Na

reeee, fuck you, 500 post argument here, etc.

We done here?

So in short, Hesse is the only one that knows how to draw Sonic. It makes sense since he was involved in an actual Sonic game.

Reminder that this pink hedgehog gets people butthurt

I like Hesse, Bates and abt, and every one of them is leagues beyond pretty much everyone pre-Yardley other than Spaz (who took forever) and Butler (who was only really good post-160 under good editorial).

I only heard from one user. No luck from my end yet. Gonna contact them again.

It's honestly best to forget everything archie from personalities, powers to even occupations and motivations even if they bring in Flynn again, I doubt they'll let him run wild with world building or OC characters or even genesis era characters like Bark,Bean,Nack,Honey,Mighty and Ray. Even newer characters like Jet,Storm,Wave,Marine,Gemerl,Omega and Big aren't safe from being ignored and let's not even bother thinking about Tikal, Chaos,Silver and Eggman Nega. I fully expect tons of Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,Shadow,Rouge,Cream and the Chaotix along with the deadly six, wisps, orobot,cubot, metal sonic and Eggman himself with maybe the hard boiled heavies as his elite guard.

The 3 man team gimmick will also die so weep now and get it out of the way. It might even be more joke oriented than action since there's no reason to read Eggman constantly failing and Sonic constantly winning when there's no progress whatsoever, oh, and say goodbye for good to the freedom fighters, no way in hell is sega gonna let them back with the complicated backstories all of them have

There's a huge fucking difference between "I like this artist more than this artist" and "this artist can only draw x" when you've a mountain of proof in your face. These arguments start because people are fucking blind and stupid.

say something nice to the sad rat

In short, don't give shitposters attention.
>inb4 "all opinions that aren't mine is shitposting!"

Not too surprised. This fanbase acts like autistic manchildren over everything.

Don't try to have a serious discussion about comic artists now, user. It's too late for that.

>Insert shitpost about how everything from Archie sucked & should be erased here
Truth is, let's just wait until October before saying anything.

He's not the only person who knows how, but he's like one of a very select group. Probably the only one who could do good art for the IDW comic but sadly they'll likely get a shitty artist in the vein of ABT or Jenhen to draw it. What a fucking waste
It's not hard to be better than literal dogshit, but Hesse is the only one who's actually GOOD
All of this sounds pretty good. Get Hesse on art and maybe writing and we're good. Keeping things simple and easy to jump onto sounds like a perfect approach

>/v/ sonic threads are shit
>/sthg/ is utter shit
Guess, I'll come back some other time.

Everything will be okay!

Silver is a cutie and my favourite Character!

And then you guys wonder why drawfags hate us.

You're going to rip the skin off his dick if you keep going that hard user.

No, there are plenty of good Sonic artists out there. Hesse isn't objectively the best by far. But when people say he can only draw one way, my autism flares up.

Maybe because when they suck we tell them they suck.

>These arguments start because people are fucking blind and stupid.
So the people that like the other shit artists then?
Because they start autistically screeching at people who call them out for not being any good and blame others instead of themselves for being garbae?
He isn't the 100% best but he's top 5 at bare minimum

Wow it's almost like /sthg/ sucks right now because people keep replying to shitposters.

The majority of drawfags here don't seem to give a shit about this lame ass bait. "ABT was never good & is fucking horrible" has been posted here many times before & it will be posted many times again. Still hasn't stopped based ABT from showing up once in a while to drop a post or gift for us.

>Because they start autistically screeching at people who call them out for not being any good and blame others instead of themselves for being garbae?
I've never done that

>Still hasn't stopped based ABT from showing up once in a while to drop a post or gift for us.
And here's the reason people still defend him. Because he gives us free shit. And I do mean shit
Suuuure you haven't

>Still hasn't stopped based ABT from showing up once in a while to drop a post or gift for us.
That's called "pandering", honey-bunches-of-oats.

HOLY SHIT IT'S DAN GREEN

Forget this retarded shitposter and discuss more important things, such as the revelation Bean is a woodpecker, not a duck, and Nack is a jerboa, not a weasel.

Meant to add: The same thing has been said about Heese before too & he still drew us a Bump before, iirc. Shitposters shitposting about drawfags & artists hasn't really ran off many people before.

Yes yes yes, user. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not really. Because even when no one talks about artists or drawfags or whatever for months, he still does it. It's just something that happens at random.

Shadow may be the coolest, but you're the cutest. Sonic is the fakest.

>Not really. Because even when no one talks about artists or drawfags or whatever for months, he still does it. It's just something that happens at random.
It's still pandering, and it's the reason people defend him so much

>jerboa
What is this animal?
Is this new information?

What and what?

This is more shit posting isn't it?

Is this Rotoscoped from the Olympic games?

>It's still pandering
Ah well. I'll try to sleep soundly knowing this.

>be drawfag
>don't pander who waifufags
>don't get as many (you)s
It's kinda shitty on every board

What if all the male Sonic characters actually DO wear clothes besides gloves and shoes, it's just the part on their chest. eg, Shadow, Silver, Tails, and Big's fluff, Kncukles crescent, etc.

Why is there always a dumbass argument in every thread?

The bait would still be laid and taken.

Because we're young and full of semen

The thread would archive before the argument dies off.

What, you mean what if Shadow, Silver or Tails fluff was actually clothes or something?

Because morons keep giving them serious responses & keep getting into arguments with them. So they'll keep shitposting until people finally get the clue & stop responding.

REEEEEEEEEEE

Nice pic tho, abt or not

Not new information, just correcting old fandom information that wormed into official status (much in the same way that "Mr. Needlemouse" was never a thing, what was written was "harinezumi", hedgehog)

I want carrotia x vanilla art

>What, you mean what if Shadow, Silver or Tails fluff was actually clothes or something?
ye

>Thick arm
>Tattoo
>leather jacket
Yeah there's no way yes not appearing again. He even has a VA for the show.

God damn I hate this new special stage and wish it was just blue spheres I'd have super sonic by now if it weren't for me falling into holes all the god damn time reeeeee

One of the endings to an older game has Sonic look towards the sky with an image of tails superimposed over the stars, if you don't gather all the Emeralds.

Probably that timeline.

more pls

Runners had the best character proportions. Kinda sad the mainline didn't adopt it

Why is the fifth emeral so much harder than the sixth or seventh in Mania?

>Woodpecker
He does look uncomfortably close to woody woodpecker.

That's interesting. Too bad it's super ingrained with most of the community to correct it.

Aren't they making a new runners or something? I heard something about it a while back

Is it me, or the people arguing how Hesse and other artists are the spawn of Satan are the same two/three guys, repeating more or less the same things?

>Shadows short

Perfect mix between classic and modern imo

Antoine is gonna circumcise you without anesthesia, Tails.

He's not even properly lined up with everyone.