totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

Skaven Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last Thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

DELET ZIS

How do I not suck as Empire?

Summon the elector counts

>Queek defeated Vanya!
>Vanya entered force march stance
>Vanya exited ambush stance
>Queek defeated Vanya!

What did CA mean by this?

More faith.
More steel.
More gunpowder.

probably has a 'Beginner' level advice tooltip going on

>tease skaven guns units in the ritual reward
>no skaven guns in the roster at launch

Really summons my elector counts

I really hate this. I'm in physical pain not being able to play the Skaven demo. Like my body just actually hurts in anticipation.

Why wont they just release the same demo all the streamers got to play? Fuck let me play just one battle with them! I dont know how I'm going to make it another month and a half

make an entire army of steam tanks and autoresolve

>Clicks unit

IMPERATOR?

YES

MOVING OUT

i cant wait to lead queek around the world, queeking every waifu

>Queek is on a killing spree
>Queek is beyond GODLIKE, someone kill them!! with a double kill!

Waifu's are for hugging and kissing, not queeking!

Fucking brutal.

jesus christ

is there a point of using greatswords anymore?

oh, let me have just a little bit of queeking

Marauder Champions

They are still one of the better options Empire has against elite infantry.

History and Fantasy living in harmony! Also Love Eternal!

ZHOU ARE NOT MY LIEGE!

Surtha Elk apprenticed under a Beastman?

>Cinematic in a small Window called Truimph plays while on Rome 2 campaign
>Everything continues as normal when I click the tick
What did the game mean by this?

there's always Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times. Medieval 2 mod.

It's alright, albeit it becomes pretty easy at a point long before you meet any victory conditions. The strat layer AI is completely braindead in comparison to modern titles.

How often do you change up your armies /twg/? I'm playing as Norscans righ tnow and generally I'll try to have like 6-8 Champions, 2-3 GW Champs, General, Sorceror, 3-4 horsemasters/axemen, and then 2-3 Axemen/Javelinmen and then some combination of Trolls/Manticores/Dragons but I don't really alternate much against other factions. I've mostly been fighting Empire, but it happens in all my games where I just try to build a giant infantry line, some ranged support, and then cavalry/monsters.

What are your tactics in battle? Generally I just make a battle line and I rarely deviate once the battle starts.

Should I buy the Serpent God edition of TWW2?

I'm very tempted and need honest opinions

If you like lizardmen a lot. It's all lizardshit

Should I just auto resolve?

FEAR IS A WEAPON, WISE GENERALS, USE WELL

What's the best napoleon mod in your opinion lads?

fight him you pussy

fight him and post results

Auto resolve = win.
Fight = fun

Fuck i hope CA add Beastmen Gunners soon

>contemplating using auto resolve on poopoo
Pussy. Even if you lose, it will be way more fun.

Hi Radious

whats the max number of traits you can have on a LL?

i have 13 on wulfrik but i want to get all his slayer traits. im not able to? are there mods to remove the limit?

>carpet bomb some elf gooks in lustria
>it ain't me starts playing

Can't wait for vietnam, fantasy version.

But isn't that logical, i thought Beastmen like to scavenge shits, it's only matter of time before they learn how to use a gun

I love fighting armies like that, guaranteed fun.
The worst Beastmen armies are when they have 3 Cygors. That's too many Cygors.

Were the DLC's on sale in summer sale? If so, how much?

But fighting beastmen monsters with that army is the easiest shit ever. If anything, that army will be way harder to beat since he'll have to maneuver his handgunners and provide them support against their flyers.

My Norsca roster was something like General / Wizard / Werekin / 6 marauders / 2 spear marauders / 4 javs / 2 skinwolfs / 2 dogs / 1 big monster. Another stack replaced the dogs/wolfs/big monster with a troll blob for the troll king. Third stack I made in anticipation of the chaos nerds and thus had a focus on AP and replaced marauders with champs.

I generally prefer to keep upkeep costs as low as possible by continuing to use tier 1 chaff until maybe mid-late game, and even then I just prefer to make more stacks than upgrade existing ones. Doing the Ikko Ikki campaign in Shogun 2 taught me the importance of cost effectiveness of chaff; its especially applicable in Warhammer with the red general skills. A +10 attack bonus means a lot more when its stuck on a goblin vs a black orc.

Tactics were to let the marauders do the inital charge, and then throw in the better troops in the line where the fighting was going poorly, while taking the monstrous units around the flanks to smash apart the enemy ranged foot units and then wrap up the flanks.

And since vampires know that if they go down, the entire army crumbles, they should all hang back.

So obviously they should raid Nuln and spend their days manning Hellstorm Rocket Batteries

do we need TWW1 and 2 installed for the combined game to function? I'd rather not have to download that much data in a month

t.datacapfag

Anyone here have a 1080ti, I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card.
does it lag if there are a certain amount of units on the battlefield?

>do we need TWW1 and 2 installed for the combined game to function?

from what I have read yes you will need both games installed.

Halberds or greatswords?

grace said no on reddit

summon the elector college

0-4 Isabella
5-9 Gelt

>not forming squares against cavalry
0/10 would not conquer empires with

The Elector Counts Boris.

Were Greatswords nerfed at some point? Haven't played in awhile but they used to be the best infantry the Empire had and could fit every role, but a lot of people are bad mouthing them recently

Do you want to go through infantry like a lawnmower, or large elite units?

Sweet lovely kissable huggable Grace with soft feet and elegant toes?

SUMMON THE ELECTOR-STATES.

>x1 Karl Franz with unbreakable skill and Ghal Maraz
>x1 Witch Hunter with accusation
>x1 Light Wizard with Net
>x2 Handgunners
>x2 Great Cannons
>x1 Hellblaster Volleygun
>x1 Steam Tank
>x5 Halberdiers
>x2 Greatswords
>x4 Reiksguard
This build works every time in any scenario.

Should I use cataph's magic mod or go vanilla?

SFO, yes or no

>not going gelt +19 steam tanks

Doesn't work currently. Norsca really fucked up the modding scene.

It's not updated for Norsca yet.

Was Norsca a plot to keep the modders busy until Warhammer 2 lands?

>x1 Karl Franz
>x15 Swordsmen
>x4 Handgunners
Don't need no fancy shit. Just blood, sweat, and spirit.

He was too busy adding in new units and counting Patreon money to update the important part, game mechanics and balancing, for the Norsca DLC.

What should I bring for LL/hero killing in my army as the empire? Is a captain any good for this job?

Handgunners and Swordsmen. Swords to pin, Handgunners to kill. Handgunners will MELT hero units.

12 steam tanks

Van Horstmann's Speculum and Tormentor's Sword are amazing items that are, in many regards, better than Legendary Lord quest items. Same with Chalice of Chaos, which is only obtainable playing as Beastmen or Norsca. Sadly, I've only ever gotten them once in a campaign. Any way to increase drop chance of magical items with a mod? Or maybe I can buy it from a goblin merchant like in Warcraft 3? :^)

Do Witch Hunters still melt hero's with their ability

makes sense, since the W2 files would have to include assets from the old world races anyways.

But can handgunners shoot over my swordsmen if they're fighting small LL like Vlad or other empire heroes?

+1 charlebuck for you

In campaign, yea. In multiplayer they nerfed it heavily. Witch Hunters are better at killing monster units imo.

No, put with proper micro you can kite the LL between the Handgunners and Swords.

Holy fuck Kholek is a goddamn Freight train.

I'm not sure the current AI is smarter, really, it seems a lot less aggressive than medieval 2. I don't think I've ever seen it attack a settlement with less than 75% chance of victory, all it wants to do is raid.

Pretty good against lords on mounts too. That anti-large bonus gets pretty retarded with all their skills.

level up a wizard character without teaching him spells.

That is smarter though. If you get their back to a wall they will attack even if outnumbered by the garrison though.

>the guy the size of a train is a train

wow

Every other monstrous creature gets 2 lines in before its charge falters. Kholek goes right through and keeps going.

So, what's the duelist hero for the empire?

You need the right mind-set. I had problems my first couple attempts because I went in trying to be nice. "I'm the Emperor, these are my people," I thought. "I'll unify Reikland, protect them against Orcs and vampire counts, and then confederate them!"

No. The Elector counts are fucking assholes. They will never, ever, ever confederate unless they are down to one city with vampire counts, orks, or the bretonians breathing down their necks. They're more interested in conquering each other than working together to save the nation.

YOU are the Emperor. YOU were dutifully elected. YOU have the full support of the Supreme Patriatch of the Mages conclave AND the Grand Theologinist (murder pope). YOU are unequivicolly the top man for the job, and are lawfully the Emperor, and each and every one of them is throwing a selfish little bitch fit they didn't win. They refuse to bend the knee, or pay their taxes.

So what you need to do is crush the rebellion in Reikland (I usually spare captives, but murder as many in the field as possible), put together an army, and MAKE them bend the knee at the point of a sword before Chaos and the Counts MURDER EVERYONE. And If the Beastmen sack a settlement that is adjacent to you - and they probably will - you should claim it, even if it takes your army out for 4-5 turns (it's honestly quicker to combine/disband and retrain than to let units regenerate after settling, but it costs less money). Reikland is fortunately, the perfect base to start from as once developed you can build just about 1 of every building, allowing you to train any unit there.

Heroes are gay. I don't use them.

THE ELECTOR COUNTS MUST BEND THE KNEE OR BE DESTROYED.

witch hunter

Name 1 total war where chariots are not incredibly obnoxiois

I guess. I'd just like to get to actually make use of the defenses I build at least once. As it is I build them just to keep le epik beastmemes from spawning into existence and immediately razing one of my cities before I can do anything about it. Now they spawn into existence and mill around aimlessly because they're too cowardly to attack anything with a wall.

G O B L I N S

They honestly aren't that horrible in rome 1, in my opinion.
t. was surtha ek-ing with britannia before total war warhammer was anything more than a fanboy's daydream.

New chaos doesn't mess about.

Aren't they ranged though? Wouldn't they melt in melee?

>get marienburg ASAP
>don't fuck with boris, middenland is a buffer state between you, norsca, and an uppity ostland/hochland
>if hochland/ostland/ostermark declare war on you, ignore it
>talabecland is an easy ally but one that's going to go to war with and be attacked by everyone
>wissenland is often bullied to death by skarsnik, probably should be your first confederation target
>build walls everywhere to keep beastmen/orcs out

The only wild card is honestly just Averland and Stirland, because it's not always clear who will cozy up with the vampire shits who you'll want to wipe out by the mid-late game. Also, Karak Hirn might start some shit.

By that point you'll have the Southern portion of the empire in check, trade with the dwarfs should be feasible, border princes should be contained to their hamlets, any perfidious dwarfs should be tamed or befriended, and the northern empire provinces are too busy being exterminated by the rise of chaos to give you trouble. From there just tech up and confederate when possible.

While true they were broken in autoresolve, its why egypt always controlled 90% of the eastern map