FORD

What’s your experience with 2000-2009 fords of all types? I own a Vic at 195k and I have a chance to sell it for 2700 ish, no idea if I should. My friend had a freestyle and it lasted until upper 200’s. General ford slam/appreciation thread

Other urls found in this thread:

yourmechanic.com/article/p0191-obd-ii-trouble-code-fuel-rail-pressure-sensor-circuit-range-performance-by-jamahl-walker
obd-codes.com/p0430
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

00 ranger 4.0, beat the fuck out of it with no problems

01 mustang gt, alternator shit the bed a couple times

otherwise no issues

How high up did you get them? Btw I meant km not miles

ranger just hit 290k, 155k (km)

I drive a 2000 Windstar minivan for work. It just hit 225k.

I've worked here for a year. In that time, it needed an alternator repair (the engine would just shut off at random, one time on a highway with no right shoulder - scary as fuck) and steering repair. Other than that, the engine is solid. There are much newer vans in the fleet, so I assume the cost of repairs hasn't put this one out of commission yet

The panther platform is almost unrelated to any other Ford.

What's going on with that coilpack?How's that?

Also not OP just interested.

Those are injectors. Guessing LPG or CNG car?

2001 ford taurus SES here, owned for 6 years since 85,000 miles
118,000 miles
>serpentine belt squeaks every now and again, mostly in the rain and hot weather
>feel like she burns oil a bit
>rough idle on cold start, but only for a minute or so and then it smooths out (but if you shift into gear immediately after start the car will buck for about 15 seconds and then even out)
>AC is gone, not sure if it needs a charge or if its just dead
>car is a little jumpy sometimes when you get on the gas, almost like it has trouble shifting
with all that being said, car is otherwise reliable. nothing truly catastrophic

I think LPG yeah. Gas and propane, which probably doesn’t help the lifespan

I appreciate all the feedback. I just can’t afford to sink in much more than a grand and it’s got two engine codes and a possible rust hole in the floor pan. Love the car, though

Sell, sell, sell before tranny grenades!

Panthers we're created in the 70's. All other fords came and went. The 4.6 sohc engine was in other fords till 2004, the Crown Vic had it till 2011.

Then you go to the junk yard and get another form the many wrecked taxis, civvy, police cars

An 06 at 195k km for 2800 if I’m lucky, I think you’re right. We’ll see what I get offered eh. Worst case I’m stuck driving it until it dies :)

Mine was actually a retired cop car, has the light and everything. Good for a laugh. Was pretty cheap too. My friend’s freestyle went at over 400 after the CVT died, turns out

You are making a cab driver somewhere very hot with this post

LOL

What codes are they, and what year is the Vic? Could be as simple as bad plugs/wires/coils, 4.6s are well known for shorting those on a regular basis.

03 explorers a shit. Transmission

06 cvpi. Used an obd2, it spat out fuel rail pressure sensor issue and catalyst system below threshold in bank 2

yourmechanic.com/article/p0191-obd-ii-trouble-code-fuel-rail-pressure-sensor-circuit-range-performance-by-jamahl-walker

obd-codes.com/p0430

Those are the codes

Been driving ford f150's from 2004-2006. One with the 4.6l and another with the 5.4. 4.6 has 280,000miles and 5.4 has 230,000. The 5.4 had the notorious spark plug removal issue, but was heli=coiled and has been fine. The 4.6 has been fine, tranny is acting kind of odd, probably on its way out.
Pretty good experience all in all. My brother had a f150 from 95 that he abused from 220,000 to 280,000. If they could survive his abuse they are good to me.

165 on my 05 focus

Dead nuts reliable, only things I've done outside of regular maintenance is:
alternator (PO had a sub hooked up to it so i suspect it got blown)
trans mount
suspension, by choice
clutch cylinder (the one in the cabin)

02 Taurus SES here. 3.0l OHV boat anchor luckily isn't powerful enough to break the glass transmission, I'm at 209,000 and change. It's starting to hesitate when upshifting to 2nd gear, but only when cold. All and all It's been a great car. Owned it for 13 years and 140,000 miles. Only issues other than regular maintenance has been the 3 starters I've gone through, but I noticed that the brilliant Ford engineers put the oil filter right over the starter in such a way that It's not possible to not dump some oil on it when I change it.

>In one year, 2 major components needed repair. I almost died too
>other than that pretty reliable

I have a 2001 f150 5.4 asside from the thumping in the rear end and the IAC valve i havent had many problems from 180k to 205k miles

What engine and transmission? I've got a '13 Focus with the duratec 20 and mtx-75 5-speed manual, should be reliable too outside some Valve cleaning because of direct injection.

I had an Explorer come through my shop, 4.0L SOHC, 516,000kms. Dude just did all of his maintenance on time and if seals were leaking he got them fixed as soon as he could. They're a great engine.

4r70 tranny's are great
5r55 tranny's are shit
6r60/80 tranny's are great
4.6 & 302 engines are pretty good, if mildly under powered by today's standards, but make good torque
I don't know much about other ford v8's/diesels

93 fox, 302 & 4r70 (Jmod boi) 120k miles, t-boned & totaled
00 mountie, ate 2 5r55's in 50k miles a piece and put a 4r70 in it, 302 and got totaled at 170k (I bought it when it ate its second trans to do the swap)
02 explorer, current dd, 182k miles, 4.6 and a 5r55 with a shift kit (Thing runs like a champ with it, and still kicking)

And FFS, I am 21, it would be FANTASTIC if I could stop getting hit by old fuckers

Had an '00 Lincoln LS. Amazingly comfortable but the front suspension pulls itself apart and the fix is like $2k

Duratec 2.0 and MTX75 just as you have. thats the only engine they offered from 05 thru 11, well there was a 2.3 too but, same thing.

Doesnt burn a drop of oil and I rev the piss out of it, trans is also quite stout, I have grinded a few good times and still no popouts. I need to do my timing chain tensioners soon though, there's a bit of sag between the cam gears, forgot to mention I also did my valve cover gasket. Easy job. But my friend also has a duratec and his were tight so I'm pry due for a timing chain overhaul.

My 98 Town Car just ate a valve in cylinder #6 at 224k. RIP. But I did beat the shit out of it since I got it 2.5 years ago at 172k

95 Ranger 4.0, mechanically solid, constant electrical gremlins, brake lines blew on me, but it never left me stranded... 5/10

09 Fusion 2.3 5spd, ABS pump took a dump on me when I hit snow, brake pedal went soft, and I lost almost all braking ability. Also had to replace master brake cyl at the same time. Car desperately needs a 6th gear for highway speeds. Dash and interior materials are pretty low-rent. Sync and the stock stereo are surprisingly nice. Seats are comfy. 7/10

2016 E450 6.8L V10, 5R110 (work vehicle). An absolute tank. The E-Series is one of the most underappreciated vehicles in Ford's lineup. Interior materials are low quality, but lots of storage space. Torque for days, and no reliability issues to this point (20k miles logged so far). Fuel mileage is meh, but I'm not paying for it. 9/10

Time for a DOHC swap.

>the exact same wiper stalk and radio display they used in Panthers since the 90s, including that square on the display that says you have a CD inserted (because 'CD' was too difficult)
That makes me incredibly happy for some reason. Ford Green is such a comfy interior color.

DD is an 06 taurus with the duratec. Bought it in 2012 with 90k and flushed the tranny with mercon v, just rolled over 195k and all its needed so far was a serp belt and a thermostat. would buy another one

Falcons are gr8 m8

Currently driving an 05 Ford Five Hundred.

It's sitting at 197,000mi right now. I've had it for 7 years and got it when it had about 90k. So far I've replaced:
>water pump
>A/C compressor
>1 brake caliper
>sway bar links
>spark plugs and coils
>motor mounts
>tie rods

Nothing more than typical wear parts.

I’ve got a 2000 ranger 3.0 with about 211,000+ on the odometer. Drives like new and besides a few small things (fuel gauge isn’t accurate if not on level ground etc) it doesn’t show its age at all. Looking at the service records it looks like there were some issues with the brakes a while back but pretty much everything’s been replaced and i haven’t had any issues.

Ford Green is highly under appreciated. As are these vents.

My grandpa dailied an early 2000s F150 up until recently. He had I think one major repair, otherwise it was a great truck. That starter sound and first gear whine give me ASMR.

However, I have to say the E-series vans are shit. Tons of interior noise and the driving characteristics of a folding card table. Just because they were the last of their kind doesn’t mean Dodge or Chevy didn’t do it better.

The panther bodies are alright. They’d be better if they made more power, but hats off to Ford for keeping it chugging along basically unchanged for 35 years.