Why buy a performance oriented car if you're just gonna cuck it with an automatic transmission?

Why buy a performance oriented car if you're just gonna cuck it with an automatic transmission?

>GTI
>Miata
>Toyobaru
>Etc.

Why buy these when they have PRNDL in the center?

When you have a bad leg or are otherwise disabled in some way
Stop being underage and rub your 2 brain cells together

Because automatics are faster?

An auto is the only way the wife will sign off on it.

Because not everyone is an autist like you who that's obsessed with old tech

>When you have a bad leg or are otherwise disabled in some way
like mentally

So edgy

Liked and subscribed

>why buy a performance car when you have to drive a speed limit that, at maximum, is half the speed the car is capable of?

>why buy a performance car when using the handling capabilities to their full extent will net you a dangerous driving ticket and maybe even a vehicle impoundment?

>why buy a performance car?

>not understanding how fucking great the DSG is

faggot

Last time I checked 2/3 cars he mentioned don't use a DSG

I didn't say all of them. The DSG is one of the best autos you can get out there though. Don't get me wrong id rather have a manual for much driving feel but the DSG is still well suited for performance applications

I like manual, but I don't see any reason to choose it over an auto option if the auto is faster, not significantly heavier, and has nice paddles

>When you have a bad leg or are otherwise disabled in some way
the incidence of this must be less than 1% of the population which picks automatic
the main reasons

>don't know how to drive stick, or know anyone who does, and does not have interest because:
>scared of driving stick in traffic
>scared of stalling
>their wife doesn't drive stick and will berate them for picking it and refuses to learn for the above reasons

Why have that nice mouth if you're just going to cuck with my cock?

Because most people just want a fun sporty car to commute to work with every day, not some bench racer that HAS to have a manual transmission.

Most of driving is turning, braking, and throttle control, rather than shifting anyways.

I owned a GLI with a 6 speed for a while. It was fun but just didnt like the FF drive as much as i though i would. That being said I had a rental GTI and the DSG with the paddle shifters is amazing. Probably the best shifting and most fun transmission i have driven.

Even after driving a manual s13 for 13 years I was still ok with buying a 2017 DSG GTI. Reviews say that the DSG comes alive on the track, and after taking it to VIR I can confirm that it indeed performs its job great. No regrets.

Auto is faster user. Grow up.

did you get the power package? Electronic lsd and brake upgrades?

Autofags are very mad in this thread. Turns out Veeky Forums doesn't actually like driving.

all the top performance cars have semi-auto trannies these days

is Veeky Forums suggesting they aren't fun?

Get a hand clutch

You're joking, right?

its just bench racing, do these people have a stopwatch to time their driving in the mountains. Lets be honest here, the GTR is an automatic v6, its basically a 2 door camry,