I can get this for $6700. 12 valve Cummins, 5 speed manual, 110k miles. Mint old man-spec interior. Has old man visor...

I can get this for $6700. 12 valve Cummins, 5 speed manual, 110k miles. Mint old man-spec interior. Has old man visor, bug guard, and brush guard. Fenders are rotten and bedside has bubbles.

Why shouldn't I buy this?

If you got no replies at all. Either here or wherever. Would you still have bought it?
If the answer is yes. Then why are you here.
If the answer is no. What information are you requesting.

Provide pictures of the rust.

seems a little fishy that he's selling it for only $6700 with only 110k miles on the engine

That truck should go for twice that. How bad is the rust?

this

Paint looks bad enough to be from somewhere where winter is actually a thing and where the roads are salted. I am sure that it has some considerable rust.

I work at a dealership, this thing got traded in for $5500 and is destined for the auction otherwise

The fenders are destroyed, left bedside is starting to bubble. Frame is solid but crusty

>The fenders are destroyed
Sounds pretty normal

>left bedside is starting to bubble. Frame is solid but crusty
Nothing unusual here.

are you ok with paying $7000 for a rust bucket?

>paying $6700 to unironically fall for the 12valve meme

It's probably fucked. Get a diesel mechanic to have a look before buying also rust

>Hear about these cheap trucks from America all my life
>Start to look seriously into importing one
>Just has to be 4wd and 8' bed
>Anything under $5000 USD is a fucking shed or 2wd

Why are you mother fuckers such liars?

why do these shitty old trucks sell for so much? Is it really just the engine?

>has to be 4wd
anything from about the mid 80's to late 90's can be easily converted to 4wd, just need the t-case, driveshaft, and axle, and probably a different transmission, i dont know 100% on that though.

The price seems a little low. Get it checked out thoroughly.

because it's a rusty hunk of shit. buy a mint one.

That wouldn't be easy if you're in Euroland where parts literally don't exist for pickups.

BRB buying a 20 year old truck for $14,000

then why do you want to import one? what if it breaks down and the only parts you can get will take 2 weeks to get there?