Final Design of the ToyoBM Supra 4

Thought?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it looks like an 86 with a bodykit, I can't say I'm terribly excited. I don't see how it has any relation to the rest of the Supra series, either. Hopefully Mazda's rotary revival will be better, if it happens at all.

Not surprising, we've known it'll look somewhat like this for a while now.

What we're really waiting on is engine confirmation. If it's a bimmer engine/auto its DOA, which is especially sad considering they could've just thrown in one of the lexus F car engines, tuned the body for sport driving, and called it a day. The RC-F/LC 500 are the true supra successors, more than likely this thing will be a failed abortion that started out as a great idea and fell victim to toyota's antiquated ideals and shit business sense

>340ps
>4th gen has 320ps

How is this a new model?

Looks good. Any word on the price?

More than you can afford pal, Toyota.

Stingray Corvette money, but down 120 horsepower.

$40k starting

Well I guess I'll look at other options then.

>20 years for 20hp gain

It's smaller than the MK IV and weighs less. With the overboost function it should be around 375hp.

ABSOLUTELY

DISGUSTING

It doesn't even have 500hp
Looks fine but it's down on power oh well the n55 is a good tuner engine hopefully

Why would it need 500hp? Benchracers I swear.

it honestly looks dope, everyone is just mad because they can't afford it

It’s so ugly I like it.but I can’t buy Toyota because it’s against my religion.

>heavier than a WRX

Yikes

My current ls1 only has 400hp and feels slow

700hp is the new 350hp

It's not a supercar you retard.

WRX is heavier

It's gonna be the 58, not the 55, and the 58 does respond very well to tunes, but it sounds like Toyota is only going to offer it with the DSG, which is dumb because BMW has already federalized the 58 with a 6 speed in the M240i and other applications.

If the spec given by Toyota above is a dry weight, the WRX is about 10 kg lighter dry.

Lowest curb weight I've seen is around 3,300, Google isn't that reliable. A few years ago it said a Supra was 5,000 lbs.

This is 1,496 kg (3,284 lb) as curb weight.

>340PS
>pigfat
Its literally a fucking M240i

>N55 good tuner
Modern BMW straight 6s are stupid good with tunes and bolt ons

It depends on who you ask, I didn't just look at the google result. The manufacturer number for WRX dry weight is 1483 kgs. No figure I found for a dry weight puts it over 1496 kgs.

The original supra was a gt sport car and 350hp was slot at the time

20 years later and they add 25hp it's pathetic
Yep no manual option is fucktarded
N58 I mean

Dry weight means shit though. The Supra's curb is lighter than the WRX's.

It's lighter than the MK IV and quick, who cares? Power isn't everything kid.

Manufacturers never list curb weights, they list them as shipped.

It does look nice but it will all be wasted if they don't offer a manual trim level

I feel like it gives such a different vibe than the previous gens of the Supra. Previous Supras fit in well with other cars of their era, just a bit stylized, but this one's swooping around all over the place with its lines and shapes and it looks toy-ish.

>It's lighter than the MK IV and quick, who cares? Power isn't everything kid.
I'm 27 and in a gt tuner car it absolutely is what's next you're gonna defend the pathetic WRX sti gaining weight and no power over the past 20 years

Fuck off slowfag

Even if you want to go by that only the base WRX comes in at a whole 8 lbs lighter lmao. Everything else is heavier.

>0-100 in 3.8 is slow

lol grow up you benchracing sperg, no way you're older than 16.

What does this stuff say in terms of specs on the rest of the page?

that is fucking atrocious.
good lord toyota, what happened to you.

Awww poor JDM baby 370hp is fuck all

This is up there as one of the worst looking cars of all time.

Length 4380 mm (172.4 in)
Width 1855 mm (73 in)
Height 1,290 mm (50.8 in)
Wheelbase 2,470 mm (97.2 in)
Curb weight 1,496 kg (3,284 lb)
Engine: 3.0L DOHC Turbo Inline 6 340ps (335 hp) /45.9 kgm (332 lb-ft) (+5.1/37 lb-ft overboost) kgm
Transmission: 8 speed auto transmission.
Tires: 225/50/17 front, 255/45/17 rear

lol benchracer only sees horsepower, poor kid.

>lexus taillights
>modern acura (LMAO) headlights

Actually I just fart around on mountain passes so horsepower and torque mean a great deal U assfart

Seriously though, those pics in the top corner of that magazine article. The head-on and side shots especially. How could whoever designed that car look at that and be like, I did a good job. That is a nice looking car. I am proud of this.

It's hideous.

Never ever will it look like that when it comes out. Unless Lexus takes the project over, then it might.

I don't think Japan can do attractive car design any longer. Their best designs used to be things they snuck past the old fucks who hated everything, but now the old fucks are gone and the inmates are running the asylum.

that ass is literally a copypasted from a lc500
that front is an abortion

god is dead

Mazdas still look nice, but all the other brands (especially Honda) seem to have really lost their way.

Modern Toyota looks way worse than modern Honda still.

Toyotas were never especially good looking, though. Honda has basically done a complete 180 from the 90's where they had a very clean and minimalist design language.

>Toyotas were never especially good looking
Says who?

Nice Yamaha.

>LITERALLY A WORSE VIPER

THE ENGINE ISN'T EVEN THE SAME. IT PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AS BOOSTABLE. IT'S A POINTLESS CAR EHIFOHEIOERHFIEOFHIO

Veeky Forums has abysmal taste and desires.

yep, anyone who likes the new supra is fucking retarded

heh... Skyline wins again. gg

>the only thing a supra is good for is boosting

I think those dimensions, weight, and horsepower are sexy. And a 3.0L inline six in this day and age is a blessing. No stick shift is a tragedy, but an 8-speed auto is a nice consolation prize. All in all I think it deserves competitive pricing with American muscle cars, i.e., from $30,000 - $40,000 depending on trim.

Kek/10

Reminder that this is NOT a Toyota. This is a 2 door BMW. Like a 2 door BMW, it will be inferior to American competitors in all ways except interior and prestige. Like any BMW, there's been no meaningful driving improvement in 20 years.

That image is bullshit
Doesn't look anything like the spyshots.

It's a fucking Bionicle mask

The test cars seen on spy photographs are disguised with bolted on panels to hide the true design underneath...

Guys, look at that rear vent on the front shot. The entire vent is part of THE DOOR. Most likely completely faux.

Yeap ford even did it for the expedition.

Magazines use photoshop to create """exclusive scoops"""....

That's a mule
The real car just tape over the lights

t. bus rider

>3.8s
Who gives a fuck about 0-60 times. It’s literally only that quick because of sticky tires and a dual clutch; ie what every other fucking sports car has

Nothing would be gayer than getting rekt on the highway in your new supra by some fat kid in a VE commodore

Unlikely. I’m a massive 90s jdm fanboy and the only sports cars I would consider nowadays are American

>car that was made to rival viper now is some mommy roadster

>only 20 more hp than a fucking 6 grand cobra from 99

In this image there are disguise panels over the hood and the lower part of the door (you can see the fasteners)

I honestly thought this looked better, none of the door shit and the more tame front end.

american garbage btfo
youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw&app=desktop

Toyota BTFO.

They just revived the god damn supra and Veeky Forums cant even be happy about that.
I think it looks fucking great compared to the crossover four-door shitfest we are going through right now, and even though I would like to see a manual, i'd buy this even in Auto.

>Not as good looking as it's Euro competition
>Not as good looking as what Nissan Brought out for far cheaper around the same time

SCOOP

what the fuck is so great about the original engine aside from the fact that you could make 600hp basically stock? is the 2018s HP supposed to be impressive?

they're not happy because performance wise it's not impressive and it looks like a dog's cock in hell visually

and who gives a frenchman's fuck about a car looking better than "crossover four door shitfests"? that's not the market, that's not the comparison.

you can make 800hp basically stock on the new engine.

kinda retarded to use horsepower as a standalone metric for overall performance. for instance, imagine two cars both making 500 horsepower. one weighs 4000 lbs, the other weighs 2900. If youve driven the two in the real world, the difference is obvious. That being said, weight doens't give you a complete picture either. distribution, gearing, tires, etc. contribute as well.

as for the supra, 370 hp in a 3200 lb car is acceptable in my opinion. on the other handI'm it'll probably come loaded wth assists, infotainment, and other bloated technology rendering it a waste of a car and rendering it completely undriveable. I guess we'll just have to see. dunno if the price has been released yet, but i bet the price will include standard meme fees and there will be better options available anyways. Also, it's kind of ugly and the auto transmission is gay. would probably not ever buy.

3.8 seconds 0-62 for a 340hp car is very impressive actually.
It means 0-60 in about 3.6 seconds
bmw has done their homework (and they're not even specializing in 0-60 times but handling)

Nose looks like trash, I'd personally wait until a decent front end kit came out for it before buying.

>Actually I just fart around on mountain passes so horsepower and torque mean a great deal
>U assfart

>tells everyone he knows touge
>probably just watches anime and plays video games
> Driving experience likely limited to push lawnmowers
>likes using the word, "fart"

you

I'll have you know I have the most tougey touge mobile

>it looks like an 86 with a bodykit
Are you retarded or just blind?

Supposed to be 3200 pounds. Camaro ss mustang Gt competitor for sure

Fuckin Zupr4

Where were you when a family car was as good of a sports car as a Supra?

Just trade off 20HP and 2/3rds of a WalMart patron's weight and you get a manual transmission, 5 doors, AWD, and less cost to own.

except you forgot to mention the focus rs is garbage.

I hate the bulging nose, it looks awful

Is it RWD or AWD? I remember that was up in the air for a bit

>they literally took the B58 engine and did fuck all to it
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL TOYOKEKED AGAIN FUCKING RICERS LMAOOOOOOOOO

>drive ford car
>entire engine explodes and cheapo "advanced" rear diff shuts down
>ford replace engine even out of warranty scope though they will only do it once and haven't fixed the design flaw
>drive bmw car
>engine is fine but coolant pump explodes
>BMW say "IT'S A FEATURE!" so have to pay out of pocket
I don't know why anyone bothers with modern cars

>bmw coolant pump explodes
hello 1995 called they want their cooling system problems back

>トランスミッションは全車8速AT。3ペダルATの用意はなく