/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] magnethax was released.
-In order to run it at the moment, a piece of software needs to be flashed to a DS flashcard. There are multiple ways to do this. The easiest way is to use an R4i Gold 3DS RTS or an Acekard 2i, which require no additional hardware.
[Aug 11] Hint at a RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/896158813610360833
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for WiiU on Firmware v5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s
3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)
gonintendo.com/stories/287955-switch-firmware-3-0-0-had-a-huge-exploit-is-paving-the-way-for-h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reminder that the PS3 hacking scene is not dead yet

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was worth waiting for.

So are there any

Tearaway because you need the Vita camera and rear touchpad to play the game.

The camera can be dummied out and the rear touchpad can be emulated with the sticks.

thanks

Why the mania OP?

maniahax

Is Mania good? I keep hearing about it.

is the new ps3 thing gonna let you downgrade to 3.55

best sonic game since 3&K not much else to say about it

Yes.

Why not?

What new PS3 thing?

webkit exploit working on 4.81

Neat, I wonder what degree of privilege escalation there is.

Don't expect anything coming out of this. This is the PS3 we're talking about after all.

At least I'll learn how to solder

My friend gave me his banned 3ds, what to do to unban it?

Depends what ban but should just replace lcfs_b
Also
Read the damn pastebin

is there any way to find out which b9s version my system is running?
I want to gift my old 3DS and wanted to update everything before they fuck it up but I'm not sure whether I installed v1.2 or not

Cant I just burn some ps1/ps2 games and play them on my ps3(it is compatible) without it being downgraded and hacked?

>pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
It's the 002-0102 ban. I searched into the pastebin but havent found nothing.

Are you blind?

why can't I find any fun Vita games?

I can't find a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, anyone have a link?

READ

THE

PASTEBIN

It's literally in the fucking post you linked

Ive tried to collate a no vn list, these will fit on a 32GB, emphasis on arcade, puzzle/sports and with slight rpg.

UMCV3 with all dlc
Odin Sphere
I am setsuna eng translation
TxK
SS delta
Uppers. eng translation
DB fighting climax
Muramasa rb. All dlc
Lumines
Touch my katamari
Sonic transformed
G rush
Darius burst
Lego marvel avengers
Digimin cyber slueth
DOA 5 plus
Edf 2
Sam warriors 4 - II
Hot shots golf
Virtua tennis 4
Super stardust delta
Guacameleeeee
Skyforce anniversary
NG sigma 1

Under adrenaline:
Ridge racer 2'psp
Space invaders extreme psp
Who wants to be a millionaire psx
SoR 2'and3'picodrive

How big is the Zelda DLC?

I have a 3dsxl with 11.2.0 and luma v6.6 (arm9)
Can I update without problems? Also, should i switch to b9s? If yes, how exactly?

Yes
Yes
Read the fucking op cunt

3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s

THE LINKED LFCS_B IN THE PASTEBIN HAS BEEN BANNED

The pastebin is _literally_ useless in this regard

It isn't. You're just retarded.

Then how come I still get the 002-0102 ban after following all given steps and rebooting 3ds?

Because you're retarded and fucked something up.
Even after checking on my PC I turned on my 3ds to check AGAIN and it's working fine.

No, I am retarded and didn't read the screen. Now I'm getting error 002-0121 instead, wtf is that?

Error 121 means your friendcodeseed isn't valid.
Like I said, you fucked up when copying it.

Just got a N3DS on 11.4 how can I make it work with cfw ?
Also got a R4ISDHC RTS Lite and a luma O2DS
Wat do ?

weird, everytime I FTP it across the file grow by 2 bytes. time to find a screwdriver

Make sure your FTP client is using binary mode.

you need a R4i Gold 3DS RTS for ntrboot

you could look into this too:
3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)

but it's probably less messy if you just get the r4i gold

where can I get one besides nds card.com ? I hate paypal with all my being

Lol is there a Netflix VPK?

>wtf
And it just keeps getting worse

>it works on non-dumped games
the readme literally says it works on non signed games, aka dumped.

What's with the weak ass psp game list? Dude, if you're gonna add adrenaline then just add the whole list of psp recommended games.

Why no vn? You will missing out on Zero Escape, Danganronpa, Corpse Party games there and they're great puzzle games to play on short time, perfect for portable gaming.

I recommend more rhythm games for vita such as IA/VT, Hatsune Miku, DJMAX games.

Are Wii U saves linked to NNID or something stupid like that?

No?

>can't find a new vita anywhere in germany
>3DS fucking everywhere
We live in the wrong timeline.

Who /SoonToBeStargate3DSMasterRace/ here?

Man, why did Themely guy had to go full faggot on the app. Now it has the theme brower thing. But this little faggot is untrustworthy with his closed source

So that's why GW have been quiet. They've gone backwards and created a Sky3DS that plays DS games too.

looks like ass

It doesn't make a difference. It works whether it's dumped or not.

>hacking a 3ds has become too easy that even a brain cancered faggot can work with
>they still want to fearmonger it so people can buy their shit flashcart
P A Y I N G for piracy 3.0

It's only $80 (EIGHTY) bucks though. Bargain.

>didn't help SciresM support red card because they wanted to shill this new card

About as much as I paid for a 2DS with a 32gb micro SD.

I've sent my xbox 360 to a friend to have it RGH'ed, should I ask him for some useful info from it like otp or a nand backup is on 3DS?

Sounds like this card is the result of a collab though. They obviously don't want the scene getting hold of GW code to undermine their business though so they made a new thing from scratch.

Will you tell your children your tales of the Scene?

What is the point of the card besides .3ds loading? It's quicker to get games through FBI/freeshop than finding .3ds roms, and ntrboot/ds games only cost $20 for a flashcart.

What is there to tell? Technical details that'll bore them to death? I'd rather tell them about spending my days on a Croatian deer-hunting bulletin board shitposting.

Hey do you think maybe some fucking nws about how important it is not to update your Switch paste 3.0.0 might uhhh maybe homebrew and hacking related? I know you think a lot of your news reporting.

scene drama

It's a lazy hack for super latefags who don't know better. It seemingly plays 3DS and DS games natively and has emulators built in for pure convenience.
Being programmable means it can be used for magnethax if you feel the need to step up and install a more "advanced" b9s setup too.
If it was like $20-30 it would probably be a good deal.

It is in the OP.

What is this thing?

Sky3DS 2.0. Brought to you by Gateway.

Gateway Team: year after year, we always deliver more than expected!

Yeah but how hard would it be to say a bit about the reason and remind people to use a DNS.

gonintendo.com/stories/287955-switch-firmware-3-0-0-had-a-huge-exploit-is-paving-the-way-for-h

I don't want him to think that I'm a normalfag so no.

It's not like it is any different for any other console that still can't hacked though. If it says not to update past that everything else is obvious in my opinion.

We get questions that prove otherwise all the time. But this is a huge deal and does deserve emphasis. You could spare a couple words.

>New browser hack method for WiiU on Firmware v5.5.2
Holy shit thank you
If I buy a DS VC game digitally from Nintendo's website using my account, it'll send the ticket directly over once I update, correct? I want to get Haxchi so I don't end up in a bad spot again.

I guess you're right then.

>does deserve emphasis
How so? Do you actually think that people will suddenly stop asking if there's a bulletin point in the OP?
Reminder that the 3DS news often mention an update and tells you to not update, yet people still asked about it.

>tfw all new Switch consoles will be past this firmware by the time it becomes cheap enough to justify getting
Why couldn't Nintendo make a console that was worth $300 in the first place

You're mistaking me for caring about preventing questions, when actually I just want awareness raised before a bunch of people assume 3.0.1 is just another update to let them go online. Explicitly stating that would be great.

>don't pay the extra 2 bucks for a tracking number
>the chinks give me one anyway

Thanks

It's a minor problem but can I somehow turn off the update notification on my 3DS?

dns blocker

get boot9strap or a9lh and update you fucking retard

Apart from DNS, no, because trannies like want you to update.

just tell me a reason why won't you update

ctr-httpwn is fixed on 11.4+

by updating to 11.5 or whatever is latest and being on a9lh or boot9strap you don't need that shit

Not him but I'm completely done with my 3DS, everything I need is on there and I am happy with it so there is no need for any maintenance.

Whatever you say tranny
I know you want people to update so they get stuck with your tranny cfw shit if nintendo ever wakes up, but some of us are smarter than that.

you'll always need to update though

>T.Aurora Wright redditor

that's the point of a9lh and boot9strap you imbecile, you just update just like if you were on stock and didn't even know about cfw at all, trying to stay behind needs work not updating

same goes to you retards

>how dare you want to have control over your console, use my tranny garbage OR ELSE
nah

Aurora Wright went down a path that never needed to be taken.

There is literally no reason for me to even waste one minute with updating my 3DS because my game library is fucking complete and I desire nothing more than just to start the system and play the games that all already work perfectly.

ctr-httpwn is worth it, what if 11.6 breaks some kind of hax? You would need to wait for someone to fix it or miss out on eshop.

Reasons not to update:

hurr durr you're not my dad you can't tell me what to do (ie literal retard)

hurr durr i like it how it is, i will spend time to stay behind but not to update (ie smart idiot)

hurr durr i update without checking the news (ie literal retard)
Take note kids, don't be retards and listen to hbg imbeciles

^lmao @ this retard