>you don't need to rev it so much
>slow down
>there's no need to accelerate so hard
>don't put it in neutral, you should keep it in first ready to go
>stay in your lane!
>always watch out for cyclists
>you're going to wear out the clutch doing that

>drop him off
>later that day get a passive aggressive text saying I need to look after my machine better

I fucking hate backseat drivers, what can I do to really piss my dad off with my driving? For the record I do not speed.

I've done advanced motorist training on both cars and motorcycles so I do a lot of unconventional things that scare the normies.

>you don't need to rev it so much
>slow down
>there's no need to accelerate so hard
>stay in your lane!
>always watch out for cyclists
>you're going to wear out the clutch doing that

Is all valid advice, you stupid fuck. Learn to drive better.

he sounds correct user.
how long have you been driving?
Maybe you should listen to him and try to learn something.

dont see anything wrong the advice

>I've done advanced motorist training on both cars and motorcycles so I do a lot of unconventional things that scare the normies.

Like putting unnecessary wear and tear on your car and wasting fuel unnecessarily all the while confusing fellow motorists and increasing the chance of an accident?

Yeah, you sure sound like you know what you are doing. Retard. This is why other countries don't let teenagers drive cars. You fucks are dumb as shit.

have you tried not reving as much, slowing down, accelerating less, keeping it in first, staying in your lane, watching out for cyclists and not doing that to your clutch?

let me put it this way if you knew what you were doing you wouldnt need fancy pants advanced motorist training.

>I've done advanced motorist training on both cars and motorcycles so I do a lot of unconventional things that scare the normies.

If you can afford "advanced motorist training" you can afford to go to a track day. Don't pretend you are racing while sharing the streets with others. Selfish fuck.

I'm not racing lmao. I never speed.

>what can I do to really piss my dad off
We reached a new low.

This user got it right: >what can I do to really piss my dad off with my driving?
idiotic engine breaking. Like slamming into 3rd on the highway instead of just lightly braking when needed.
or try to come to a complete stop from the highway on an exit ramp without touching your brakes. 'to save them from wearing'
manually switch of the engine when cruising or at a redlight. 'to save fuel'.
do second and third gear hard and long pulls 'to clean out the exhaust system'.
if you live in an area where it gets cold; don't put on the handbrake 'to prevent it from freezing shut'.
>"don't put it in neutral, you should keep it in first ready to go"
just stall your car when coming to a stop. no clutch. zero.

Op you are a fucking idiot. Listen to your dad becouse you drive like shit.

Why are you even revving your car high if your not racing??? You fucking millenial moron. Listen to your dad you fag

>driving around with mum
>she doesn't indicate while changing lanes
>tell her that she always needs to indicate while changing lanes, ALWAYS.
>she gets mad
>she runs redlights
>tell her that the yellow signal means slowdown, not speed up
>she is furious
>yells at me that she has had her license for 40 years and she knows how to drive

I mean its not just for her own safety or benefit but for everyone else on the road too.

yeah if you like replacing your throwout bearing every week faggot

next time he does it ask him if he wants to catch the bus and drop him off at the next bus stop or you could just ignor him, old people are always talking crap, I just pretend to listen.

>what can I do to really piss my dad off

Become a trap.

>NO FUN ALLOWED
>NOT EVEN ONE TINY BIT
>CARS ARE FOR TRANSPORTATION ONLY
>DRINK MORE SOY AND DRIVE MORE CAREFULLY

The absolute state of this fucking board

Let she do her thing.
She'll learn when the worse happens, and judging by what you're telling, it won't take too long for it to happen.

Get hektik next time he's in the car with you

My dad likes to complain that I smoke cigars in my truck because it ruins the resale value, but eh, I like to drive around and smoke cigars.

this
>maybe if I suck my dads cock enough he’ll finally love me and my soy tits

this is pretty petty op
just do what he says
keeping it in first with the clutch pressed in only while you have him as a passenger is gonna wear the throwout bearing only 0.0000000031% more
just cop it and make your dad happy
tell him thanks for the advice you'll do your best
this is the man that raised you and there's no need to spit in his face over something so minor

This

half of the people on this board are backseat drivers or are convinced everything they learn in the drivers test is the holy bible
so long as you drive safely and reasonably well then what you do in your car is your choice

I always drive like a Grandma when someone from my family is in the car.

It's called respect.

>become a trap and seduce him

I go into neutral every chance I get. I always thought this was better than leaving it in first (unless you're in quick stop-n'-go gridlock).

>doing retarded shit to please your dad
my car I’ll do whatever I want to it

holding the clutch in at a stop may weaken the finger springs very slightly but the throwout bearing does not encounter wear unless you are moving.

also your dad's a jackass, confront him about backseat driving and tell him to stop or you will refuse him rides. If he is not confident in his son's ability to control his own car then he can drive himself.

>all these spineless nerds in here telling OP to listen to his dad because muh family

Listen, if you let your family walk all over you, you'll let anyone walk all over you. Stand up for yourselves. Just because it's your dad does not mean he is right.

My dad tells me to not received in my rotardry, so that really gets me. But still
>Stay in your lane
Nigga you need to stay in your lane.

I meant my dad tells me not to rev high

Reminds me of when I had a Civic.
>"Why are you revving it so hard?"
>Accelerating to 45 mph
>"The engine is so loud. If you hear it you're going too fast."
Turns out he had never owned a car with less than 6 cylinders.

>stand up for yourselves
>by scaring the shit out of your dad when you give him a ride

k

hello pussyboy

>holding the clutch in at a stop may weaken the finger springs very slightly but the throwout bearing does not encounter wear unless you are moving.
Is my whole life a lie? Can you please explain? I feel like I'm killing my car when I leave it in first for a while clutched in, stuck in a traffic jam. Is that really not wearing it?

it does wear your throwout

I don’t know why you’d want to do that anyway

>not scaring the shit out of your dad when you give him a ride

tell him to grow a pair or get out.
It's your car, and as the driver you can drive however you want (preferably safely), If your dad doesn't have confidence in his grown son's ability to operate a car than he can drive himself. It's one thing to backseat drive for a teenager on a permit, it's totally another to do it to a fully licensed adult with specialized training.

Would you well an Army sniper he was shooting things wrong when he's still hitting the target?

Because you need to move every 10-15 seconds. sometimes it's easier.
Why did that guy say it doesn't wear it? Seems impossible that it wouldn't wear it but I want to know if that isn't the case

>why did that guy on Veeky Forums say something that isn’t true?

If the car is stopped the only thing the throwout bearing is doing is sitting still and holding the clutch disc back.
As soon as you start to roll, the throwout bearing is rotating, but if you are holding the clutch down it is also forcing the bearings to one side of the race and causing wear. This is why you should not rest your foot on the clutch while moving, it wears out this specific bearing.

No wear on the bearing is encountered while the car is still. At all. That is it's job. It's only when the clutch assembly is rotating does this bearing encounter forces it is not designed to deal with.

Half the people on this board are bus riders, not even back seat drivers

This reminds me of my cousin
>what are you doing? You’re keeping the revs so high, you’re using so much gas
>you know when I owned a corvette I drove it very carefully so I could use as little gas as possible
Honestly this is just ass backwards to me, buying a V8 sports car and then driving it like a grandma to save gas.

the throwout bearing does not rotate at all while the car is stopped because the shaft it's attached to is splined to the transmission (usually, VW has a funky backwards clutch), so it doesn't rotate unless the wheels move. The wear is caused by rotation AND the clutch fork pulling on it. Either one at a time is fine, but combined the two forces push the center of the bearing one way while the outer race is being pulled in the opposite direction, reducing the tolerance of the ball bearings in the race and creating wear as it spins.

When the car is stopped and you push the clutch in, the two races are still being pulled in opposite directions, but there is no rotation to grind the bearings around inside.

>what can I do to really piss my dad off with my driving?
what you need to do is grow the fuck up

nice, i like that. good style

That explains why nobody seems to understand how the throwout bearing works.

t. an actual mechanic

it is, you wear out your throw out bearing if you keep the clutch in all the time

>get new company lease car every 4 year
>also get free gas
>drive it like an asshat so its finished at the end

feels nice not having to give a fuck

why do you not care about the things entrusted to you

>it is, you wear out your throw out bearing if you keep the clutch in while rolling to a stop

ftfy

i dont even care about my own wellbeing that much, why would i care about material things

not like i dont earn the value of that car 20 times over in those 4 years

you sound like an uncivilized and unfriendly person.

the first for sure, but i do think im the type of person that goes out of his way to help others

the only ones being screwed over by me ruining that car is my company getting slightly less resale value

i can’t even find a good youtube video on how a throwout bearing works

does anybody really know how they work? magnets???

not him but if you can thrash something without any consequences with it there’s really no reason not to thrash it

wrong

This is only stupid one

The pressure plate presses the clutch disc on the flywheel. When anything presses the center of the pressure plate, disc is released.
You have a throw out bearing because the engine (and so the clutch pack) is always rotating but the clutch fork is stationary.

So you wear the throw out bearing whenever you press the clutch. Especially if you rev the engine hard with the clutch in

>drive mom somewhere
>wow user this old car is a little zippy huh?
I love you mom

>be me
>be driving my dad back from breakfast
>see gentle corner coming up
>prepare proper heel-toe deceleration
>take the corner at a respectable 20 mph
>dad screams "SLOW DOWN YOU'LL KILL US!"
>call him a pussy
>we spend the rest of the ride home arguing over whether or not he's a pussy
I fucking love banter with my dad

>So you wear the throw out bearing whenever you press the clutch. Especially if you rev the engine hard with the clutch in
So I am putting significant wear on my throwout bearing shifting up at ~6.5k and downshifting to get back to ~4k after slowing down?

yeah your car is pretty much totaled

Stfu, bearing isn't even making noise. Just wondering because it seems like that should put excessive wear on it but it doesn't seem to, look at all the people who regularly track their cars. They aren't destroying throwout bearings left and right. Just seems like an area that isn't well understood by a large part of the community.

it’s fucked lad, your car is ruined

>[muffled cunt in the distance]

FUCK, alright I'll take it to the dealership tomorrow. What should I tell them? Just that I think I damaged it's feelings?

just tell them what you did user, they’ll help you out after a few minutes of laughter and maybe throwing things at you

And this will provide fix to car, yes?

yes of course

You have your license, tell him to stop bitching or take a hike, you don't judge his driving constantly.

Thanks lad, I will now come to Veeky Forums for all of my maintenance needs.

Great service, good rates, product as described, A++++

No need. Just continue being the disappointing cancer that you are.

eurobeats, wearing sunglasses at night and mounting your phone on a gps holder with facebook open

Why do you thrash you car when doing mundane shit like taxi driving for your father?

not wrong
learn how cars work

why would you not thrash your car while doing mundane shit

Because I don't want it to wear out any quicker than it needs to.

people don't really complain about my driving ever at all, have you considered that maybe you are in the wrong?

sometimes people will make a comment about taking a corner kind of fast but then I just point out the van in front of us is going faster, it just feels fast because we're low to the ground and the suspension is stiff

the throwout bearing is stationary whenever the the transmission is, because it's on the transmission's input shaft. When the clutch is disengaged at a stop, the input shaft stops rotating and the throwout bearing must only handle the load of the clutch spring. it is under no excessive force. If you were to disengage the clutch while rolling however, the bearing would have to endure the force of both the rotation of the input shaft and the tension of the clutch spring at the same time, which is what leads to wear.

that said, it is considered a consumable item in most cars, and will always wear out eventually no matter how carefully you drive, it's the nature of the mechanism.

4U

congrats you are mundane

If he was shooting while someone was down range and being putting others in danget, yes obviously.

>implying op was doing any of that
this board is all soft cunts and dusty fucking boomers

Explain to me what supposed extra stress is put on the throw out bearings when the cluch is depressed. I've never had a throw out bearing go out on me or show real signs of wear after thousands of miles. Even on oem bearings in 90s hondas and toyota

>driving around with dad
>why you you rev match you just wear out the engine
>just use the clutch instead

>mundane because I don't have my shitbox up above 5k rpm when driving to work or transporting an elderly person

They have supreme autism, m8. I've had a discussion with them in the past and the only evidence they could give is some mechanic talk show on public radio.

You should take care and listen to your dad. He’s not going to be around for ever.

>tfw dad drives like a proper hektik racecar driver
No complaints about revs when I'm driving. Feels great.

he may have anxiety issues or not be able to stop seeing you as his little boy
source: my mom is alright most of the time but whenever I try (or rather tried) to drive with her in the car she'd have a full-blown panic attack and tell me not to do things I was already not doing

my mom doesn't like to get in the proper lane after a turn, sometimes even before a turn
the funny thing is that she's this mom

...do you know what a sniper is?

My mom frequently gets mad and screams at other drivers with all of her windows closed so it defeans her passengers. And she slams her hands on the dashboard if you stop too quickly for her liking. And complains about things you never thought anyone would care about. And my favorite: She intentionally drove into oncoming traffic because she didn't want to drive the correct but slower way around the parking garage

Also complains that I'm driving too fast when I'm going 35 in 35 zone because I got there more quickly to be more fuel efficient

>OP gets mad because a more experienced driver calls him out on his stupidity and crashes his illusions of being a good driver

Like always, OP is a little bitch.